*** Hearts v St Johnstone match thread ***

lou

54 minutes ago, Canscot said:

^^^This. Only way he wonโ€™t is i they agree n appropriate fee before kickoff. I await the seethe๐Ÿคฃ

You await the seethe? Is that how you get your kicks? ๐Ÿ™„

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You await the seethe? Is that how you get your kicks? ๐Ÿ™„

No. I just have trouble understanding the vitriol directed at a man who through no fault of his own has been severely injured while employed by Hearts but has decided to move elsewhere for 3-5 times his salary. Think I can safely say close to 100% of the people slagging him off would be doing the same thing.ย 

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wouldn't complain if that was.team, although think Smith might be in there.

ย 

My feeling is that Smith will move to a more defensive midfield position.ย 

Going for a kilt fitting next Saturday to Bathgate, 11.30 terrible timing I know.

Would anyone know of a pub that would let a 16 year old in to watch the game ?

Gordonย 

Atkinson. Moore. Halkett. Kingsley. Cochrane.ย 
ย 

Beni. Devlin.ย 
ย 

McEneff

ย 

Ginelly. Boyce. ย 
ย 

ย 

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Heard Boyce may not be fit, would be a massive blow if true.ย 

The no Boyce, 3 up front worked pretty well against Dundee Utd.ย 

We have to get all three points. Anything else would be a huge disappointment.

ย 

No entitlement, or any other accusation that is often thrown around, but we really should win.

ย 

St. Johnstone have been pretty poor all season whereas we've done well.

ย 

I think we will win and narrowly is absolutely fine.

ย 

Heart of Midlothian 2 St. Johnstone 1

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The no Boyce, 3 up front worked pretty well against Dundee Utd.ย 

ย 

Indeed.

ย 

Highlight of the season, thus far.

Hopefully the ๐Ÿ€ is nowhere to be seen

Anyway 2-0 hearts

I'm going for Boyce and McKay to finally get off the mark and Cammy Devlin to be motm seeing as his parents are in town.

Would go with

Gordon

Moore Halkett Kingsleyย 

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane

McKay Boyce Mceneff

ย 

PhoenixHearts

Beni isn't fit and based on Harings form he wouldn't be walking straight back in anyway even if he was fit.ย 

ย 

What a horrible message that would be to send to Haring.

3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Beni isn't fit and based on Harings form he wouldn't be walking straight back in anyway even if he was fit.ย 

ย 

...Its happened once to him already this season. He had played a couple of brilliant games just before Devlin made his debut.

3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

ย 

Harring has been the best man on the pitch the last few games.

PhoenixHearts
54 minutes ago, moonraker said:

...Its happened once to him already this season. He had played a couple of brilliant games just before Devlin made his debut.

ย 

Yup. If I remember rightly, Devlin got on as a sub away to Ross County then started ever since. Haring didn't get a fair look in until Beni went off injured. Seemed unfair because Haring was playing well but I suppose everyone was understandably excited to see Devlin at the time.

ย 

It's actually for this reason I dont believe Neilson when he says Atkinson will have work to earn his place. Smith will probably start tomorrow but I can see Atkinson replacing him with a quickness.

ย 

I'm not necessarily complaining because if he earns it he earns it, but at times this season it has seemed like Neilson plays favourites *cough Halliday cough* rather than picking based on form.

ย 

Whatever the case there's absolutely no logical argument for dropping Haring who's arguably been our best player lately.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Harring has been the best man on the pitch the last few games.

Yep, if he had played more games he would be just behind Gordon and along side Kingsley in the race for player of the season

15 hours ago, lou said:

Yeah I did consider that, might also be a good game to start Mcaneff

ย 

weh-hey! think thats yet another variant of poor Aaron's surname - don't think I've seen that one beforeย ๐Ÿ˜€

Great to be back!ย  This is a game I would have missed originally so personally glad to be attending.ย  ย  Let's hit the ground running.ย  ย 2-0 Hearts

Home loss due to low morale caused by Rat infestation.

I just fear for our players mind set because of this rodents behaviour.

ย 

Really want to be wrong .

7 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Home loss due to low morale caused by Rat infestation.

I just fear for our players mind set because of this rodents behaviour.

ย 

Really want to be wrong .

ย 

What exactly is the logic behind such a daft belief?

Are the players all 10 years old, crying in the changing room because their wee pal is moving away in the summer holidays?

ย 

If one player leaving the club has the ability to cause such a dramatic implosion on the team currently 3rd in the table, then we're doing something ****ing wrong and they need their arses kicked.

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

ย 

What exactly is the logic behind such a daft belief?

Are the players all 10 years old, crying in the changing room because their wee pal is moving away in the summer holidays?

ย 

If one player leaving the club has the ability to cause such a dramatic implosion on the team currently 3rd in the table, then we're doing something ****ing wrong and they need their arses kicked.

ย 

In the real world this doesn't happen.

ย 

or perhaps we all throw a strop and throw in the towel when a work colleague leaves.

Got to get the 3 points tomorrow. If Boyce is out I would play Woodburn through the middle again, he probably had his best game against Ross County there. If we play like we did in Perth second half where we dominated the ball and territory then we should win. However they have made a few signings so could be dangerous opponents. Great chance to get another 3 points ahead of the manky mob coming next week.ย 

Based on players performances prior to the winter break and following rat-gate I would imagine the team would be

ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Gordonย 

ย 

ย  ย  ย  Moore Halkett Kingsley

ย 

Smithย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Cochrane

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Haringย  ย Devlin

ย 

Mckayย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Ginnellyย 

ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Boyce/Woodburn

ย 

ย 

I think Smith will start even though we've signed the new boy Atkinson and if Boyce isn't fit then Woodburn will be up top. If he is fit Gino might miss out with Woodburn moving wide.

ย 

ย 

10 minutes ago, Homme said:

ย 

In the real world this doesn't happen.

ย 

or perhaps we all throw a strop and throw in the towel when a work colleague leaves.

ย 

Of course it doesnt. Itย was a post solely designed to stir people up on here (as if that needed done after the past couple of days).ย 

ย 

Either that, or some of our supporters really aren't happy unless there is something to be wound up about.ย 

14 hours ago, 1953 said:

Lets get back to football and put all the soapy nonsense to one side for a while. If he starts then fair enough as long as he gives 100%. Either way 3-0 to us and all the other results to go our way do we can stretch the gap to 8 points.

aye fed up about this soapy carry on, 2-0 Hearts, if he plays hope he has a good game.

Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug

One of those banana skin games we seem to excel at tripping ourselves up in however I think we are different these days.

ย 

2-0

ย 

Souttar to score ๐Ÿ™„

14 hours ago, Canscot said:

No. I just have trouble understanding the vitriol directed at a man who through no fault of his own has been severely injured while employed by Hearts but has decided to move elsewhere for 3-5 times his salary. Think I can safely say close to 100% of the people slagging him off would be doing the same thing.ย 

Indeed. JS's injury history really impaired the likelihood of anyone paying a big fee for him. Rangers did what Rangers do, and took advantage at Hearts expense. The OF only pay money to other Scottish clubs if they really have to. We could've taken a huge risk and signed up Souttar on a big contract with a view to selling him ASAP like Vlad did with Craig Gordon but it would've been a daft thing to do with Souttar...

Ciftci will probably score against us

they were able to bring a striker in - yet we still seem unable toย 

ย 

ciftci would have been an improvement on what we have tooย 

ย 

if we are lucky we will get a drawย 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

ย 

ย 

omg bore off!ย  Cifti!?!?!ย  Ha ha, the reason they've been "able"!!! to bring a striker in is that the striker they've been "able" to bring in if Cifti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ย  Why am I replying!?

Reckon it'll be

ย 

Gordon

Moore Halkett Kingsley

Smith Haring Dev Cochrane

McKay Boyce Woodburn

ย 

Natty on bench, Beni on bench.

ย 

Or he plays Souttar.ย  Neilson is certainly one not to listen to outside noise.ย  Hope he doesn't but there's a real chance he will.

ย 

Whatever the line-up, we're winning tonight.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

omg bore off!ย  Cifti!?!?!ย  Ha ha, the reason they've been "able"!!! to bring a striker in is that the striker they've been "able" to bring in if Cifti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ย  Why am I replying!?

Ummm we have Ghando.

surely Ciftci would be better?

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

ย 

Of course it doesnt. Itย was a post solely designed to stir people up on here (as if that needed done after the past couple of days).ย 

ย 

Either that, or some of our supporters really aren't happy unless there is something to be wound up about.ย 

Wasnโ€™t a post that was meant to stir, and Iโ€™m not wound up, people can make their own mind up, and people can have their own opinions, no?

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Reckon it'll be

ย 

Gordon

Moore Halkett Kingsley

McKay Boyce Woodburn

ย 

ย 

Or he plays Souttar.ย  Neilson is certainly one not to listen to outside noise.ย  Hope he doesn't but there's a real chance he will.

ย 

Hope we arent winning tonightย  ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Wasnโ€™t a post that was meant to stir, and Iโ€™m not wound up, people can make their own mind up, and people can have their own opinions, no?

ย 

You can have whatever opinion you want, I just don't see the need for such a defeatist attitude all the time.

ย 

I think we'll go out and smash them tomorrow, and prove that we don't need individuals at the club, rather team players who want to be here and want to work for each other.

ย 

They are bottom of the league for a reason.ย  We are not losing to them because one of our players has decided to leave the club in the summer in an underhand way.

Just now, tian447 said:

ย 

You can have whatever opinion you want, I just don't see the need for such a defeatist attitude all the time.

ย 

I think we'll go out and smash them tomorrow, and prove that we don't need individuals at the club, rather team players who want to be here and want to work for each other.

ย 

They are bottom of the league for a reason.ย  We are not losing to them because one of our players has decided to leave the club in the summer in an underhand way.

I sincerely hope you are right , thatโ€™s why I put in my original op that I hope Iโ€™m wrong.
ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย The Rangers historically do this kinda thing for two reasons, 1, to take away one of your assets 2, to undermine opposition morale, they are usually successful at it, you only need to look back at times they did it to Dundee Utd, the vermin, us.ย 
ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Thereโ€™s not a lot we can do about it, am I disappointed by this situation? Yes, ย  are they usually successful in their shit tactics? Yes.ย 
ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  As I said, I hope Iโ€™m wrong, and I will be one of the 1st on here to congratulate the lads.

Berra than you
20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Reckon it'll be

ย 

Gordon

Moore Halkett Kingsley

McKay Boyce Woodburn

ย 

ย 

ย 

This is my worry for Souttar playing. Fwiw I think this a brilliant trait for a manager to have, however on this occasion it might be best to listen to it for a change.

MarkDevriesScores4

Robbieโ€™s remit is to pick a starting line up that wants hearts to win and succeed. Souttar is no longer in that category and therefore cannot play for hearts. Itโ€™s that simple.

ย 

weโ€™ll win without him.ย 
ย 

hhgh

22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Point number 1: Nadir Ciftci was a great player 9 years ago when he was scoring goals for fun at Dundee United.ย  He's not exactly been prolific ever since:

ย 

ย 

2013โ€“2015 Dundee United 68 (25)
2015โ€“2018 Celtic 12 (4)
2016 โ†’ย EskiลŸehirsporย (loan) 12 (4)
2017 โ†’ย Pogoล„ Szczecinย (loan) 8 (0)
2017โ€“2018 โ†’ย Plymouth Argyleย (loan) 7 (0)
2018 โ†’ย Motherwellย (loan) 11 (3)
2018โ€“2020 GenรงlerbirliฤŸi 43 (11)
2020 ร‡aykur Rizespor 1 (0)
2020โ€“2021 Samsunspor 25 (7)
2021โ€“2022 Ankaragรผcรผ 11

(0)

ย 

29 goals in 7 years.ย  That's about 4 a year on average.ย  Stellar.

ย 

---

ย 

Point number 2: We have not been "unable to bring a striker in".ย  The transfer window doesn't shut for another 2 weeks, and in that time, we've been busy conducting business to sort our team out with new contracts, and been making arrangements to move players along to free up some space.ย ย 

ย 

---

ย 

Point number 3: See Point number 1 (above)

ย 

---

ย 

Point number 4:ย  St Johnstone are rock bottom of the league, have lost the last 7 league games in a row, and last won a game on October 30th.ย  Even Dundee and Ross County have managed to beat them in recent weeks.ย  Nadir Ciftci is not changing that.

16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

ย 

Point number 1: Nadir Ciftci was a great player 9 years ago when he was scoring goals for fun at Dundee United.ย  He's not exactly been prolific ever since:

ย 

ย 

2013โ€“2015 Dundee United 68 (25)
2015โ€“2018 Celtic 12 (4)
2016 โ†’ย EskiลŸehirsporย (loan) 12 (4)
2017 โ†’ย Pogoล„ Szczecinย (loan) 8 (0)
2017โ€“2018 โ†’ย Plymouth Argyleย (loan) 7 (0)
2018 โ†’ย Motherwellย (loan) 11 (3)
2018โ€“2020 GenรงlerbirliฤŸi 43 (11)
2020 ร‡aykur Rizespor 1 (0)
2020โ€“2021 Samsunspor 25 (7)
2021โ€“2022 Ankaragรผcรผ 11

(0)

ย 

29 goals in 7 years.ย  That's about 4 a year on average.ย  Stellar.

ย 

---

ย 

Point number 2: We have not been "unable to bring a striker in".ย  The transfer window doesn't shut for another 2 weeks, and in that time, we've been busy conducting business to sort our team out with new contracts, and been making arrangements to move players along to free up some space.ย ย 

ย 

---

ย 

Point number 3: See Point number 1 (above)

ย 

---

ย 

Point number 4:ย  St Johnstone are rock bottom of the league, have lost the last 7 league games in a row, and last won a game on October 30th.ย  Even Dundee and Ross County have managed to beat them in recent weeks.ย  Nadir Ciftci is not changing that.

ย 

So you're saying it'll be a Ciftci hat-trick thenย 

ย 

:muggy:

41 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm we have Ghando.

surely Ciftci would be better?

If all we were after was a striker better than Gnando, we'd already have one.

Berra than you

I had read that Ciftci might still be having visa/work permit issues. Saints still waiting on clearance so might not even be playing.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

ย 

ย 

yep, shocking stuff. Can't believe the transfer window has closed and we've once again failed to sign Zeefuik.

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

ย 

ย 

I'm embarrassed for you

18 hours ago, Gambo said:

Gordon/Smith

ย 

Atkinson/Smith

Moore/Smith

Halkett/Smithย 

Kingsley/Smith

ย 

McKay/Smith

Devlin/Smith

Haring/Smith

Cochrane/Smith

ย 

Woodburn/Smith

Boyce/Smith

ย 

ย 

Unfortunately I think Souttar/Smith will start.

ย 

FTFY you forgot a couple

Edited by davie1980

49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If all we were after was a striker better than Gnando, we'd already have one.

ย 

Aye, using "is better than Gnando" as a qualifying criteria for our next striker isn't what I expect of Savage.

ย 

Although in saying that, the next one bloody better be better than Gnandoย