Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Morgan

• JudyJudyJudy

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Had Brian been reading the Coronavirus thread ?

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Low blow there, mate. 👎

39 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

What a horrible comment.

It's an attempt at humour.  Not a problem.

Been bursting on a crap since 9 this morning 😂 The bogs at work are horrid, Finish at 430 will be home just before 5 felt horrible this morning but its eased up over lunch 

25 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

One of our cats slipped away in her sleep last week. Not doing so well tbh.

I was in a worse nick over my cat dying than my granny, I hear you. Strength to you

36 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

One of our cats slipped away in her sleep last week. Not doing so well tbh.

Sorry to hear that.

The Hogfather
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was in a worse nick over my cat dying than my granny, I hear you. Strength to you

Thanks Smithee, she was very ill so it's for the best. But it's still a nightmare to go through.

On 15/01/2022 at 20:30, Maple Leaf said:

No matter how bad your day was, it could have been worse.

I worked beside a guy called Brian.

The day seemed like any other day, and Brian seemed in his normal good spirits.  Early in the afternoon he quietly got up from his desk and walked out of the office without saying a word.  None of us gave him a second glance.  Brian walked a few hundred meters and jumped off an overpass onto a busy highway.  It was estimated that he was run over by a couple of dozen vehicles, including large trucks.  Brushes and shovels were need to collect the remains.

We never learned what had been troubling him.

Yes you just never know with suicide and the people who knew the victim are always left with why?  My fit and healthy cousin , who was life and soul of party , great guy hung himself. We were all very shocked. I can only surmise he was struggling emotionally with the break up from his wife. Very sad.  Another guy I used to see out in pubs etc. He seemed life and soul of parties etc. He was found dead in Dalry cemetery a couple of years back.  Again no one knew why. 

4 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Had Brian been reading the Coronavirus thread ?

Not nice. 

The Hogfather
46 minutes ago, Barack said:

My Mum died suddenly last Wednesday.

That & her Cremation on Thursday just gone, yeah...I'd consider them quite shit days.

But, life goes on. Here's to not too many more this year.

Sorry for your loss mate, that's an absolutely horrible thing to go through.

46 minutes ago, Barack said:

That & her Cremation on Thursday just gone, yeah...I'd consider them quite shit days.

Sorry to hear that bud 😔 

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Ah ****sake, puts it all in perspective eh? Strength to you

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Sorry to hear that. All thought and best wishes with you and yours. 

On 15/01/2022 at 05:34, trotter said:

Imagine you're a Siamese twin, your brother is gay, you're not. You share an arsehole, and he has a date tonight...

Always remember, however bad it is, things could always be worse.

Probably just as bad if your brother is a top and you have to watch him pump a bloke with your communal knob. 

7 hours ago, Barack said:

Puts a lot of things into perspective hearing news like that. Sorry for your loss. 

14 hours ago, Barack said:

Sorry to hear this news. 

18 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Been bursting on a crap since 9 this morning 😂 The bogs at work are horrid, Finish at 430 will be home just before 5 felt horrible this morning but its eased up over lunch 

eased up ha ha, working at the garage last week, i slipped on something soft, aye dugs shit, was ragin, nothing 

surprises me these days, tbf my manager boiled the kettle and removed it.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

eased up ha ha, working at the garage last week, i slipped on something soft, aye dugs shit, was ragin, nothing 

surprises me these days, tbf my manager boiled the kettle and removed it.

Nothing worse standing in shit its worse when working in a office and not a change of shoes. shoe humming of shit all day. 

Was having a decent day and then phoned a guy I used to use on a regular basis to service some very complicated equipment I use as it was way beyond me in terms of skill and knowledge to repair. He retired a couple of years ago but I just wanted a bit of advice and a catch up chat. His wife answered his phone and told me she was sorry as they hadn’t recognised my name on the screen. Poor sod worked his arse off to retire early as his kids were grown up and him and his wife had great plans, now his memory is failing badly and early onset dementia diagnosed in his early 60’s. Life really is a shitbag sometimes. Forty years of working his arse off all aimed at a luxurious retirement and now this. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Was having a decent day and then phoned a guy I used to use on a regular basis to service some very complicated equipment I use as it was way beyond me in terms of skill and knowledge to repair. He retired a couple of years ago but I just wanted a bit of advice and a catch up chat. His wife answered his phone and told me she was sorry as they hadn’t recognised my name on the screen. Poor sod worked his arse off to retire early as his kids were grown up and him and his wife had great plans, now his memory is failing badly and early onset dementia diagnosed in his early 60’s. Life really is a shitbag sometimes. Forty years of working his arse off all aimed at a luxurious retirement and now this. 

Sadly, stories like this are all too common.  

Two things:  First, as Rabbie said, "Catch the moments as they fly ... happiness is shy ..."

Second, there are things we can all do to delay, or even prevent, dementia.  Diet, physical exercise, and mental exercise are all vital.  Lots of info available on the internet.  It's never too early to start.

On 17/01/2022 at 18:33, Barack said:

Sorry for your loss.

Very sorry to hear this mate. Hoping you are OK. 

luckyBatistuta

Only just read this Barack, really sorry to hear that pal. Love to you and the family, take care

• 3 weeks later...

Sitting at work my final day is next Thursday It can't come quick enough!! 

Handed in my notice a few weeks ago and since then there has been an atmosphere, Another person in my work is about to hand hers in and she even said she has noticed this towards me. It's like no one can leave in this place and looked down to if you look to better you're career by going elsewhere and they are stuck in this horrible rut in a dead end job. 

9 working days to go 👌 

highlandjambo3
15 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Handed in my notice a few weeks ago and since then there has been an atmosphere, Another person in my work is about to hand hers in and she even said she has noticed this towards me. It's like no one can leave in this place and looked down to if you look to better you're career by going elsewhere and they are stuck in this horrible rut in a dead end job. 

9 working days to go 👌 

Do you need to stay for these 9 days?  Like a legal obligation or you require a reference from your old employer etc?……………..If not I’d just get up and bugger off.

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Do you need to stay for these 9 days?  Like a legal obligation or you require a reference from your old employer etc?……………..If not I’d just get up and bugger off.

Nah mate the references have been done with my new employer before I handed in my notice so its all fine. Only really staying to get another week or two wages. And if I was to start calling in sick its just unnecessary drama calling in to say i'm no well. One of my mates said If I was to phone in sick and even get a doc line for me last week they could require me to come back to do a return to work they could withhold my wage too just to be dicks .  

highlandjambo3
44 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Nah mate the references have been done with my new employer before I handed in my notice so its all fine. Only really staying to get another week or two wages. And if I was to start calling in sick its just unnecessary drama calling in to say i'm no well. One of my mates said If I was to phone in sick and even get a doc line for me last week they could require me to come back to do a return to work they could withhold my wage too just to be dicks .  

Ok,

I worked as a supervisor for a company for about 6 years that were contracted to the MOD.  I’m quite a well motivated person and, would often go way above my job spec and generally became a well respected person within the company with a very “can do” attitude.  I went on a lot of their training courses, recruitment and selection, managing sickness and absence, disciplinary etc……..anyway, to cut a long story short, the company were trimming down (natural wastage & redundancies) to save a few quid, my small team was going to get smaller whilst our work load was to increase…..I mentioned the tipping point on a number of occasions where if just 1 person pulled a sick note (in my team) then we would likely fail a particular task and the company receive a financial penalty from the MOD……that inevitably fell on deaf ears.

Anyway, we got so thin on the ground with people leaving and, HR would not authorise recruitment until the employee actually left which took about 2 - 3 months to get a replacement, meanwhile myself and my team were running from pillar to post………..myself and a colleague in the team actually did 19 days without a day off to cover the shortfall …....there was overtime but that’s besides the point………..anyway, my departing point was a classic 😁, I was invited to a manning meeting and after arriving early, there were about 5-6 suits from the company all chatting away (9 to 5/Monday to Friday types), they all knew me and we had a decent relationship but, I walked in on their conversation about the next company cars they were going to request (the leases for the old ones were due)…..anyway I lost it, I done a bit of finger pointing, pointed out a few home truths and, a few statements about “heads up arses”……..my line manager was there and there were quite a few shocked faces with gobs open…..I quit there and then……..felt great 😊.  Sorry this is longer than I expected lol 

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

9 working days to go 👌 

Good on you for leaving a place your unhappy working at. We spend a lot of our time working so its important that we are relatively happy being there. 

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

A bit of advice i have always given people who want to leave a job and leave all guns blazing.  DONT..  Bide your time. Leave on good accord. It works out much better than a bad ending . Even more important to do so if you want references etc for future job. I couldn't be bothered with an ex manager but just sucked it up big time and just ensured I ended my work with his team amicably. 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Good on you for leaving a place your unhappy working at. We spend a lot of our time working so its important that we are relatively happy being there. 

A bit of advice i have always given people who want to leave a job and leave all guns blazing.  DONT..  Bide your time. Leave on good accord. It works out much better than a bad ending . Even more important to do so if you want references etc for future job. I couldn't be bothered with an ex manager but just sucked it up big time and just ensured I ended my work with his team amicably. 

Cheers mate! Appreciate it.

Yeah I'm going to work up right to my final day, It is good thinking I will pull a sick day here and there but is it worth it ? probably not! Phoning in putting on the I'm no feeling well crap while my manager knows I am talking utter crap. Just Unnecessary drama I come back then a return to work will still have to be done etc. Better just working this week and up to next Thursday then leave and start my new job two weeks today. 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Cheers mate! Appreciate it.

Yeah I'm going to work up right to my final day, It is good thinking I will pull a sick day here and there but is it worth it ? probably not! Phoning in putting on the I'm no feeling well crap while my manager knows I am talking utter crap. Just Unnecessary drama I come back then a return to work will still have to be done etc. Better just working this week and up to next Thursday then leave and start my new job two weeks today. 

No its not worth it.  Leave with dignity and no dramas and a big smile on your face to the manager.  

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No its not worth it.  Leave with dignity and no dramas and a big smile on your face to the manager.  

Yea James that's what I'm going to do. 

Sitting in the office on the kickback and watching live stream Call Of Duty on Youtube 😂

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yea James that's what I'm going to do. 

Sitting in the office on the kickback and watching live stream Call Of Duty on Youtube 😂

image-23-10-21-07-01-5.jpeg

On 18/01/2022 at 19:21, Maple Leaf said:

Sadly, stories like this are all too common.  

Two things:  First, as Rabbie said, "Catch the moments as they fly ... happiness is shy ..."

Second, there are things we can all do to delay, or even prevent, dementia.  Diet, physical exercise, and mental exercise are all vital.  Lots of info available on the internet.  It's never too early to start.

One learns that life is hard, no surprise on here for the guys to hear me say that. What I can say though even the darkest time can gain some illumination. I went out for my normal walk yesterday, it was sunny a balmy 5 degrees, slight wind just a nice morning. I came home and I have for the first time in nearly two years felt pretty good. I am still lonely, but realise it is because of the losses I have had. I also realise now the priority is not to suffer the loss but to live daily with the realisation I had such a great life for so long and that is to be celebrated, not clouded in gloom. 

33 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

One learns that life is hard, no surprise on here for the guys to hear me say that. What I can say though even the darkest time can gain some illumination. I went out for my normal walk yesterday, it was sunny a balmy 5 degrees, slight wind just a nice morning. I came home and I have for the first time in nearly two years felt pretty good. I am still lonely, but realise it is because of the losses I have had. I also realise now the priority is not to suffer the loss but to live daily with the realisation I had such a great life for so long and that is to be celebrated, not clouded in gloom. 

Well said, Bob.  

We all get despondent at times but no one said that life is fair, so we need to get on with it. But that's not always easy to do.

On the subject of shit days, I learned yesterday that I young man I've known all his life has been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer.  He's been given 12 months. He's 40 years old, hard-working, clean living, deeply religious, comes from a great family.  No one said that life makes sense either.

It makes me realise just how trivial yesterday's football match was.

14 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well said, Bob.  

We all get despondent at times but no one said that life is fair, so we need to get on with it. But that's not always easy to do.

On the subject of shit days, I learned yesterday that I young man I've known all his life has been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer.  He's been given 12 months. He's 40 years old, hard-working, clean living, deeply religious, comes from a great family.  No one said that life makes sense either.

It makes me realise just how trivial yesterday's football match was.

I think the problem some of us have is that our job or position puts us in the situation that we could advise and sympathise on adversity, but when it didn't knock but kicked in our own door we find that backing up our acceptance  for ourselves is difficult.

20 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I think the problem some of us have is that our job or position puts us in the situation that we could advise and sympathise on adversity, but when it didn't knock but kicked in our own door we find that backing up our acceptance  for ourselves is difficult.

Ain't that the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs tjambo has had some pain in one of her breast over the last couple of weeks. She went to the doctor today and he found two lumps in one of her breasts.

He’s referred her to the breast clinic, more for peace of mind, as he doesn’t think it’s anything to worry about as the lumps are “smooth and mobile”.

I’m absolutely shiting myself though.

On 14/01/2022 at 21:50, Ked said:

I've just had a beautiful example of one.

That I cant talk about .

Not obviously losing someone or real life  but a disaster of a day work wise.

Cheer me up boys work disasters.

I need shadenfreud.

I still need to know what caused your shit day mate

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Mrs tjambo has had some pain in one of her breast over the last couple of weeks. She went to the doctor today and he found two lumps in one of her breasts.

He’s referred her to the breast clinic, more for peace of mind, as he doesn’t think it’s anything to worry about as the lumps are “smooth and mobile”.

I completely understand your concern; that's natural.

However, most lumps in the breast are benign and being "smooth and mobile" is a very good sign.

Best wishes. :thumb:

10 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I completely understand your concern; that's natural.

However, most lumps in the breast are benign and being "smooth and mobile" is a very good sign.

Best wishes. :thumb:

Yeah, the doctor said that. Only thing he was concerned about was that the lumps were tender to the touch.

I know it’s likely that she’ll be fine. When you hear the words “lump” and “breast” though. You can’t help but panic a bit.

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Feck me, Ian.

Little wonder you’re in a state.

I’ve got everything crossed for you (and your lady) that all is well.

Keep us informed.

Morgs x

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Feck me, Ian.

Little wonder you’re in a state.

I’ve got everything crossed for you (and your lady) that all is well.

Keep us informed.

Morgs x

Cheers Morgs.

I’m sure I’m just worrying over nothing.

I seem to be panicking more than she is.

2 hours ago, otterjohn said:

I still need to know what caused your shit day mate

Aw mate.

I would but it would expose my real life identity given the outcome.

It was the worst day of my working life and made the news(small way).

It's down to my previous good work that it's now a joke (sort off)and I wasnt sacked.

It wasnt my fault as such but under my command.

Still hurts.

And I hate you for reminding me.

As an aside it was a Celtic supporters fault.

I refused to let him take the blame.

10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Cheers Morgs.

I’m sure I’m just worrying over nothing.

I seem to be panicking more than she is.

Keep your chin up. Been exactly where you are just now and remember going though every scenario and always going with the worst in my head. 
As an amusing end to the tale sat outside the clinic as the missus was inside when she came out to the car with a face like thunder. When she got in the car I asked if she was OK, at which point she turned round and furiously said “they said I’m fine, apparently I’ve just got lumpy breasts” I didn’t know whether to cry with relief or piss myself laughing. For once in my life I managed to say the right thing. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Keep your chin up. Been exactly where you are just now and remember going though every scenario and always going with the worst in my head. 
As an amusing end to the tale sat outside the clinic as the missus was inside when she came out to the car with a face like thunder. When she got in the car I asked if she was OK, at which point she turned round and furiously said “they said I’m fine, apparently I’ve just got lumpy breasts” I didn’t know whether to cry with relief or piss myself laughing. For once in my life I managed to say the right thing. 

I’d probably say the wrong thing and get punched 😂

Cheers for the support :)

16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’d probably say the wrong thing and get punched 😂

Cheers for the support :)

Yes the vast majority of suspect cancer biopsies come back clear . So hold on to that . 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes the vast majority of suspect cancer biopsies come back clear . So hold on to that . 

That’s what I’m doing.

Cheers, mate 🙂

6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

That’s what I’m doing.

Cheers, mate 🙂

Good luck to you and your mrs