Shit Days

Ked

I've just had a beautiful example of one.

That I cant talk about .

Not obviously losing someone or real life  but a disaster of a day work wise.

Cheer me up boys work disasters.

I need shadenfreud.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Morgan

• JudyJudyJudy

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Ked said:

That I cant talk about .

I need shadenfreud.

I've recently had a new manager put in place, goodness knows why he's been employed, zero personality or leadership skills, thinks because he's a manger that he's infallible.

He tried to be a smart cnt in a meeting by trying to trash work completed by me and my colleague, gloriously backfired when I went tonto on his arse and the back pedalling was a delight.

I now hate my job because of this welt..

Not sure if this is what you wanted but thanks for allowing me to vent...

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

That I cant talk about .

I need shadenfreud.

I’ve told this one before but it justifies repeating, sort of work related.
Back in the eighties when unemployment was common in school leavers I used to sign on at The Shore once a fortnight. At the same time I used to pick up the occasional bit of cash in hand work from a mate. Nothing big just the occasional day, a couple a month at most. Bit of beer money and stopped me being bored. 
So I’m signing on and got pulled out the queue for one of the random interviews they had to do with a few people every day. As the boy is asking me stuff like “have you done any paid work since your last signing?” And “are you actively seeking work?” He clocked I had a small enamel Hearts badge on my Levi jacket. So being the friendly type he asked if I’d been at the game at the weekend.  Before I even realised I’d said “nah, I wanted to go but I was working that day”. I turned gray and he quietly said as he looked down at the paperwork “you’re ****ing lucky I’m a Hearts supporter” and sent me on my way. 
I had to go for a pint in The Bay Horse to calm myself down. 

I was a bus driver with Lothian, during the first lock down everywhere was shut obviously. Now that becomes a problem when you are bursting on a shite. Was at the terminal at Seton sands and had a choice to make, shit my pants or find a spot on the beach to go. So off I went into the bushes on the beach 😂. Really was a shit day.

5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I've recently had a new manager put in place, goodness knows why he's been employed, zero personality or leadership skills, thinks because he's a manger that he's infallible.

He tried to be a smart cnt in a meeting by trying to trash work completed by me and my colleague, gloriously backfired when I went tonto on his arse and the back pedalling was a delight.

I now hate my job because of this welt..

Not sure if this is what you wanted but thanks for allowing me to vent...

Hating your job is nourishment .

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Back in the eighties when unemployment was common in school leavers I used to sign on at The Shore once a fortnight. At the same time I used to pick up the occasional bit of cash in hand work from a mate. Nothing big just the occasional day, a couple a month at most. Bit of beer money and stopped me being bored. 
So I’m signing on and got pulled out the queue for one of the random interviews they had to do with a few people every day. As the boy is asking me stuff like “have you done any paid work since your last signing?” And “are you actively seeking work?” He clocked I had a small enamel Hearts badge on my Levi jacket. So being the friendly type he asked if I’d been at the game at the weekend.  Before I even realised I’d said “nah, I wanted to go but I was working that day”. I turned gray and he quietly said as he looked down at the paperwork “you’re ****ing lucky I’m a Hearts supporter” and sent me on my way. 

Hearts supporters stealing from.taxpayers the hobos would love that.

😁

Malinga the Swinga

It's more a shock when a day isn't shit. Trick is to remember bad days last same amount of time as good days, and in long run, it doesn't really matter, life trundles on.

Fxxx the SPFL
40 minutes ago, Ked said:

That I cant talk about .

I need shadenfreud.

After an a works Christmas party in our office in Galashiels one of the bosses was not a popular chappie lo and behold a big jobby was found in his desk drawer on the Monday 

Jambo_jim2001

Last day at one of my many motor trade jobs,had a right dick of a manager,I put a high top  van on one of the ramps and put it right up and through the garage roof,cost him his bonuses for a fair few months.

One of my favourites was letting plumbers smoke bombs off,after the electrians had just finished a rewire on some of the racecars,seeing them running about with fire extinguishers was hilarious.when in the TA I had a crap on a exhaust manifold of a Bedford mj" engine inside cabin under a cover"before going out on manoeuvres.the look on their faces and checking soles of their boots..priceless.done a lot more besides that,just remember it's just a job,we work to live not live to work...Google and listen to DILlIGAF..sums up my attitude 🤔😁

Try not to have too many shite days at work. If they're more common than good days then hoy it. If you're earning shite money then earn shite money somewhere else. If you're earning good money and going to bed at night and not sleeping properly, it's not good enough money. 

3 hours ago, Ked said:

That I cant talk about .

I need shadenfreud.

The 9 day rule.

9 days, then you'll forget.

7 hours ago, Ked said:

That I cant talk about .

I need shadenfreud.

Imagine you're a Siamese twin, your brother is gay, you're not. You share an arsehole, and he has a date tonight...

Always remember, however bad it is, things could always be worse.

7 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Last day at one of my many motor trade jobs,had a right dick of a manager,I put a high top  van on one of the ramps and put it right up and through the garage roof,cost him his bonuses for a fair few months.

One of my favourites was letting plumbers smoke bombs off,after the electrians had just finished a rewire on some of the racecars,seeing them running about with fire extinguishers was hilarious.when in the TA I had a crap on a exhaust manifold of a Bedford mj" engine inside cabin under a cover"before going out on manoeuvres.the look on their faces and checking soles of their boots..priceless.done a lot more besides that,just remember it's just a job,we work to live not live to work...Google and listen to DILlIGAF..sums up my attitude 🤔😁

Shiting in engines and vandalising other folks property. Groovy, you must be a right scream.

Edited by ri Alban

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

:lol: 

Went up town to meet a mate and there is some gas leak shutting down a lot of pubs in Shandwick Place area.  Got kicked out of the boozer and others nearby were shut.

Headed back to Corstorphine and having a jar on my jack jones now.

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Found out yesterday that an old mate from school went to sleep last week and never woke up, we're in our 40s.

Sakes

Sorry to hear that Smithee. One of my best and oldest mates passed away suddenly in October. He was only 43. 

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Went up town to meet a mate and there is some gas leak shutting down a lot of pubs in Shandwick Place area.  Got kicked out of the boozer and others nearby were shut.

Odd. Spent a few hours in Mathers and no problems. 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Grosvenor -> Ryans -> Teuchters.  Mate popped head into Mathers but said it was too busy.  Very strong smell of gas in that area. 

22 hours ago, Ked said:

That I cant talk about .

I need shadenfreud.

No matter how bad your day was, it could have been worse.

I worked beside a guy called Brian.

The day seemed like any other day, and Brian seemed in his normal good spirits.  Early in the afternoon he quietly got up from his desk and walked out of the office without saying a word.  None of us gave him a second glance.  Brian walked a few hundred meters and jumped off an overpass onto a busy highway.  It was estimated that he was run over by a couple of dozen vehicles, including large trucks.  Brushes and shovels were need to collect the remains.

We never learned what had been troubling him.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

The day seemed like any other day, and Brian seemed in his normal good spirits.  Early in the afternoon he quietly got up from his desk and walked out of the office without saying a word.  None of us gave him a second glance.  Brian walked a few hundred meters and jumped off an overpass onto a busy highway.  It was estimated that he was run over by a couple of dozen vehicles, including large trucks.  Brushes and shovels were need to collect the remains.

Puts mine in perspective .

23 hours ago, Tazio said:

The Bay Horse was my grandads pub. Cheers for your money! 😉

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Sorry to hear that Smithee. One of my best and oldest mates passed away suddenly in October. He was only 43. 

Makes you think eh? They say it's mankind's greatest gift, and biggest curse, to understand his mortality.

Konrad von Carstein
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Found out yesterday that an old mate from school went to sleep last week and never woke up, we're in our 40s.

Sakes

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Lost my best mate at 23 years old...saw him at Telford College, we were doing our ONCs...said the usual stuff in the car park... He died that night.

Devastating,  he's never far from my thoughts...

7 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Lost my best mate at 23 years old...saw him at Telford College, we were doing our ONCs...said the usual stuff in the car park... He died that night.

Devastating,  he's never far from my thoughts...

23? that’s brutal. Sorry to hear that KvC.

It’s been a couple of months now and I’m still struggling to get my head around it.

9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

That’s horrible. Makes you wonder what suddenly clicks in someone’s head, to just suddenly do something like that.

On 14/01/2022 at 22:08, Sir Craig Gordon said:

I was a bus driver with Lothian, during the first lock down everywhere was shut obviously. Now that becomes a problem when you are bursting on a shite. Was at the terminal at Seton sands and had a choice to make, shit my pants or find a spot on the beach to go. So off I went into the bushes on the beach 😂. Really was a shit day.

Brilliant. No one on your 26 at the time?

On 14/01/2022 at 22:08, Sir Craig Gordon said:

that is something that i have wondered about. is there toilets at specific locations for bus drivers to use during their shift?

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that is something that i have wondered about. is there toilets at specific locations for bus drivers to use during their shift?

I've seen buses stop off near garages and the driver run off to use their toilet,or pop in to the nearest pub toilet next to a terminus.

49 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Brilliant. No one on your 26 at the time?

Thankfully not, the guy at the caravan park turned me away too, prick 😂

46 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

There are a few company toilets that drivers have keys for but they are few and far between. Pubs, cafes, restaurants were usually the best options.

I exposed the company I worked for to a potential £80k loss with one keystroke error. Discovered it 24 hours later but the damage was done by then. Fortunately for me, the pandemic ensured the loss never actually happened and all the cheap ‘services’ I had sold by accident were cancelled and my discipline hearing was downgraded from sackable to ‘silly ^^^^ don’t let it happen again’

On 15/01/2022 at 15:42, frankblack said:

23 hours ago, Tazio said:

BBC News - Hotel evacuated due to mystery smell in Edinburgh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-60014890

Car battery is deed again, replaced it only a few months ago. 

Car is not long out the garage for 4 new fuel injectors. 

Only done 50k miles, **** my life. 

Had a really shit Saturday. Was taking my youngest to a birthday party in Ratho and had a blow out on the bypass. Scary stuff as the tyre has exploded and taken out brake pipes and all sorts.

My mate managed to pick my daughter up from the emergency layby and I had to wait two hours on a flat bed recovery truck. Gonna be expensive.

14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Accidentally ate some gluten in the early hours of yesterday morning. Today is definitely a shit day.

Ah ffs, put a toilet roll in the fridge for later then

On 15/01/2022 at 20:30, Maple Leaf said:

Had Brian been reading the Coronavirus thread ?