Andy Halliday

Vlad the impaler

I thought Halliday was a good signing at the time but in hindsight he was pretty average in most games.

His other job as the go to man for an opinion on Rangers irks me a lot…..I felt the same when Kris Boyd was at Killie and was in the media every other day talking about Rangers.

Thankfully he won’t be here beyond the summer.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Unknown user

• Hmfc1965

HeartsandonlyHearts
15 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It doesn't sit well with me that he touted Aberdeen's young full back as a signing for Sevco. I don't think that is appropriate behaviour for a Hearts player to be engaging in. It's easy to shrug our shoulders and go 'ach who cares' because it doesn't directly affect Hearts on this occasion. But what happens if two years from now Halliday is playing for Livingston, Hearts have a highly talented young midfielder, Sevco need a midfielder, and Halliday publicly touts the Hearts youngster as a signing for Sevco? How would we all feel then? I'd be bloody furious.

Listen, I understand that sometimes Hearts have players in their team who are Rangers/Sevco fans. That can't be helped. And as long as the player gives 100% for Hearts while they are on the pitch then it's not really an issue. But Halliday is just a bit too vocal for my liking about his love for Sevco. It is one of the reasons I want him out of Tynecastle. That and the fact that he is garbage at football.

This. Just as easy to say Hearts should be looking at the kid. Even if it’s obvious we could never afford him. Newco are a Hearts rival and he’s hoping they can get better. That’s just weird chat.

Halliday.  Blue nose.  Don't like him. Now have better players in group.

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

This. Just as easy to say Hearts should be looking at the kid. Even if it’s obvious we could never afford him. Newco are a Hearts rival and he’s hoping they can get better. That’s just weird chat.

Open Goal is an Old Firm biased channel. Andy Halliday is part of the show. Questions revolve around Celtic Rangers, Si Ferry barely knows a thing about Hearts. Like most of the podcasts radio stuff, it is all based around the Old Firm. Andy is a known Rangers Fan, so the questions are mostly Rangers related. Maybe someone on the Hearts channels can interview Andy about his Rangers allegiance to him being a Hearts player. He has a contract to play for Hearts and is contracted to speak about Rangers. No shock there. As far as his ability to play for Hearts, he has hardly let us down. Andy is being hung up by a lot of Hearts fans, he fights for the side on the pitch. This is where it matters,.

Edited by Factuer Moi

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Open Goal is an Old Firm biased channel. Andy Halliday is part of the show. Questions revolve around Celtic Rangers, Si Ferry barely knows a thing about Hearts. Like most of the podcasts radio stuff, it is all based around the Old Firm. Andy is a known Rangers Fan, so the questions are mostly Rangers related. Maybe someone on the Hearts channels can interview Andy about his Rangers allegiance to him being a Hearts player. He has a contract to play for Hearts and is contracted to speak about Rangers. No shock there. As far as his ability to play for Hearts, he has hardly let us down. Andy is being hung up by a lot of Hearts fans, he fights for the side on the pitch. This is where it matters,.

Hardly let us down? We’re going to have to agree to differ on that one.

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Hardly let us down? We’re going to have to agree to differ on that one.

Go for it. Explain the let downs

3 hours ago, dannymack said:

Was never ever a problem back when I was young, pull on the shirt, do a job, no body questioned previous allegiances apart from Hibs and Celtic fans. 

No issues with Andy Halliday whatsoever, there's not a place in the team for him, he knows and understands that, but for every idiot that wishes to call him a " Hun " and question his commitment to Heart of Midlothian then say it to his face, im sure he'll just stare at you, shake his head and walk away murmuring "prick" under his breath. 

20211121_150406.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-172731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090725_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090550_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-083510_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-112353_YouTube.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982 a.jpg

Colin McAdam signs to Hearts 1985b.jpg

Screenshot_20210929-185835_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-074718_Chrome.jpg

-7trlyz.jpg

4087720222b89aa77fe1598e7c5c7c21.jpg

FB_IMG_1603931914300.jpg

Sandy+Jardine+Weekly+Bucket+8HvBk5ciy7ml.jpg

jardine-hearts.jpg

79a3329e18e6d60bfa7900711f86bc59.jpg

IMG_20190907_152522.jpg

IMG_20181203_011548.jpg

Alex_MacDonald.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982.jpg

I think you made your point by about the third photo of MacDonald. 

Why would I want talk to Halliday about him being a Hun ? 

That would be like asking the Pope about him being Catholic 😏

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He's actually alright.  Looking after himself for a job in the media sometime soon when he hits part time. 

Not sure people have an issue with him doing bits of media work.

It's being an out and out Rangers mouthpiece, whether that's on Open goal or in the paper touting players to Rangers while employed by Hearts.

That isn't acceptable behaviour, wouldn't matter if it were Rangers, Celtic or Hibs.

Christ can you imagine the reaction if he were a Hibs or Celtic fan and openly touting players for either of them while with Hearts?

If anything he's probably getting an easy ride because there is still an element of our support that will defend him because of certain leanings.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Not sure people have an issue with him doing bits of media work.

It's being an out and out Rangers mouthpiece, whether that's on Open goal or in the paper touting players to Rangers while employed by Hearts.

That isn't acceptable behaviour, wouldn't matter if it were Rangers, Celtic or Hibs.

Christ can you imagine the reaction if he were a Hibs or Celtic fan and openly touting players for either of them while with Hearts?

If anything he's probably getting an easy ride because there is still an element of our support that will defend him because of certain leanings.

True.  I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's shit

Is he though, seems to me Andy is being victimised.

Edited by Factuer Moi

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, really shit. 

Andy is dedicated to playing for Hearts, he is far better placed in his life because of his pod cast last year edit 2020 during lockdown. Signing for us changed his life, he was out of the loop hadn't trained for many months. He has been involved in most of games we have won, he is a pain in the arse for the opposition. No one said he was the best player in our squad , he has scored goals made some gruesome tackles. Has been solid for us. Saying he is shit , says it all

The chat is based on Andy being a die hard Rangers fan, while playing for Us.

It is boring and as you say 

Shit

Edited by Factuer Moi

35 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Is he though, seems to me Andy is being victimised.

Victimised? It’s a bunch of hearts fans talking about a rangers media guy on the internet. I don’t think we need to contact Victim Support on this one. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Victimised? It’s a bunch of hearts fans talking about a rangers media guy on the internet. I don’t think we need to contact Victim Support on this one. 

Maybe use the word Support in Andy's favour, i struggle to see what he has done wrong against Us

Maybe use the word Support in Andy's favour, i struggle to see what he has done wrong against Us

You’re just not trying. People might disagree but everyone at least knows why folk have the issue with his media work. If you’re pretending you have no knowledge of it then I’m not playing your games. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You’re just not trying. People might disagree but everyone at least knows why folk have the issue with his media work. If you’re pretending you have no knowledge of it then I’m not playing your games. 

Distraction tactics are ancient.

I already mentioned his Podcast and Rangers allegiance as a fan. It is well known, looks like it is being used as a tool against Andy.

Why would that matter, Andy had more knowledge on playing for Hearts, the media barely ask him about his time at Hearts. It is his Rangers allegiance they harp on about. 

If Hearts have issues or problems with it then it is they who would be calling Andy up on it. I am struggling to see past those points. That is why Andy is being brought down to this level by the likes of us. Victim support. 

That is low.

Just now, Factuer Moi said:

Distraction tactics are ancient.

I already mentioned his Podcast and Rangers allegiance as a fan. It is well known, looks like it is being used as a tool against Andy.

Why would that matter, Andy had more knowledge on playing for Hearts, the media barely ask him about his time at Hearts. It is his Rangers allegiance they harp on about. 

If Hearts have issues or problems with it then it is they who would be calling Andy up on it. I am struggling to see past those points. That is why Andy is being brought down to this level by the likes of us. Victim support. 

That is low.

Fans have the right to dislike one of our players publicly supporting one of our rivals and offering them advice on which players to try and sign. Anyone can see that view point. You and others also have the right to not be annoyed by it.  It’s as simple as that. Describing him as being victimised is ludicrous.  

SomethingAboutObua

Think Halliday should spend the last few years of his career as a Championship/League 1 promotion player, just wrap up 5 2nd and 3rd tier titles in a row and retire a legend for 5 clubs. 

Needs binned from us in summer hopefully, so frustrating seeing him get picked ahead of Cochrane 

He was touted as a grafter and always gives 100% which is clearly isnt true.

Mr invisible for most of his games for us. I would imagine a large chunk of Scottish players have supported one of Old Firm as a lad but very few advertise it as much as this clown.

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fans have the right to dislike one of our players publicly supporting one of our rivals and offering them advice on which players to try and sign. Anyone can see that view point. You and others also have the right to not be annoyed by it.  It’s as simple as that. Describing him as being victimised is ludicrous.  

Seems like you chose who you support in the club, not my issue.

1 hour ago, Factuer Moi said:

Andy is dedicated to playing for Hearts, he is far better placed in his life because of his pod cast last year edit 2020 during lockdown. Signing for us changed his life, he was out of the loop hadn't trained for many months. He has been involved in most of games we have won, he is a pain in the arse for the opposition. No one said he was the best player in our squad , he has scored goals made some gruesome tackles. Has been solid for us. Saying he is shit , says it all

The chat is based on Andy being a die hard Rangers fan, while playing for Us.

It is boring and as you say 

Shit

Yes, he's shit, and a hun 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Think Halliday should spend the last few years of his career as a Championship/League 1 promotion player, just wrap up 5 2nd and 3rd tier titles in a row and retire a legend for 5 clubs. 

Needs binned from us in summer hopefully, so frustrating seeing him get picked ahead of Cochrane 

This window would be even better.

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

Seems like you chose who you support in the club, not my issue.

Fans have different opinions on different people at the club, be that players, directors or coaches. True fans manage to hold those opinions while still supporting the club as a whole. 

That has always been the case but I’ll remember that the next time you ‘choose to support’ one player/coach/manager any less than the rest. 

It’s a football club not some communist utopian experiment. 

wattie exploited

he isnt that bad we have had worse at least he gets stuck in but all the talk about rangers he can go get ****ed  !

We pay his wages not the ****ing blue nose trampy ***** !!!!!:rifle:

6 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Halliday is pretty average and we should be aiming for better, that’s the case wether he spouts about rangers or not. 

I agree, although he was offered a contract and signed it.

Outside of the Media chat, he was never good enough to play for us in the first place.

Outside of the Media chat, he was never good enough to play for us in the first place.

You choosing who to support in the club then. Don’t think Andy would be pleased reading that you don’t think he’s good enough for us. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

You choosing who to support in the club then. Don’t think Andy would be pleased reading that you don’t think he’s good enough for us. 

He isn't good enough for us though, has not let us down either.

3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he isnt that bad we have had worse at least he gets stuck in but all the talk about rangers he can go get ****ed  !

We pay his wages not the ****ing blue nose trampy ***** !!!!!:rifle:

He gets stuck in is a massive KB myth. Beni and Devlin get stuck in, AH is not in the same league for getting stuck in or any other attribute.

He isn't good enough for us though, has not let us down either.

Two posts ago you accused me of ‘choosing who to support’ in the club.

You then say Halliday was not good enough for us in the first place. Please explain what is supportive about that. 

Nelly Terraces
4 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

This is it 100%. He is shit & is well out his depth playing for Hearts.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Two posts ago you accused me of ‘choosing who to support’ in the club.

You then say Halliday was not good enough for us in the first place. Please explain what is supportive about that. 

I was talking about his allegiance to Rangers as a fan and his Podcasts, while playing for Hearts, he hasn't done us any wrong.

That doesn't mean i think he is a great player who i would want the club to sign or re sign.

Supporting the club is way more important than any one player, i support players who want to play for us, Andy is one of them .

No issue with any football chat, the football podcast issues are rife. I would never allow it in the first place.

As you point out this is a fans forum and people are rightly pissed off about a few issues, Andy has taken the opportunity to create a Media career.

I don't see any other way to support him, soon as he leaves Hearts he can be all the current bun *******s under the Castle rock.

I was talking about his allegiance to Rangers as a fan and his Podcasts, while playing for Hearts, he hasn't done us any wrong.

That doesn't mean i think he is a great player who i would want the club to sign or re sign.

Supporting the club is way more important than any one player, i support players who want to play for us, Andy is one of them .

No issue with any football chat, the football podcast issues are rife. I would never allow it in the first place.

As you point out this is a fans forum and people are rightly pissed off about a few issues, Andy has taken the opportunity to create a Media career.

I don't see any other way to support him, soon as he leaves Hearts he can be all the current bun *******s under the Castle rock.

He has done us wrong in the view of many. He is used as a rangers mouthpiece by the press. it’s understandable that fans dislike that. 

I agree, do what he wants when he leaves is and the sooner the better. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He has done us wrong in the view of many. He is used as a rangers mouthpiece by the press. it’s understandable that fans dislike that. 

I agree, do what he wants when he leaves is and the sooner the better. 

I didn't and don't like that part, it isn't up to the likes of us though. The club must react to these events.

The YouTuber Aaron , could do an interview with Andy and clear the air 

Edited by Factuer Moi

I didn't and don't like that part, it isn't up to the likes of us though. The club must react to these events.

Of course it isn’t up to us. Player conduct is down to the club. Voicing an opinion on it Is ok though. 

What team do you support 😀

Just now, GinRummy said:

Of course it isn’t up to us. Player conduct is down to the club. Voicing an opinion on it Is ok though. 

That part is easy, release him. Then we can all join in.

SomethingAboutObua
2 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Remove all the Huns from the club, every last one of them. Holiday camps over. 

You'd have to bin Halkett, McKay and possibly Kingsley then! 

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

The selection and amount of images were all the more reason to make the point that having previous Rangers players on our books was never a problem, sometimes its good to be reminiscent when looking back.

You don't have to talk to Andy Halliday about being a "Hun" but if fans are going to slate him using that derogatory term then I'd guess they WOULDN'T say it to his face.

The Pope is Roman Catholic 👍

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't care if he thinks I'm a prick, he's a hun wank, a shit footballer and he can gtf.

Halkett's rangers but he performs and keeps his mouth shut about it. I like Halkett, he's not a prick.

He doesn't think your a prick, he doesn't give two shits about your Kickback rant, he's not a shit footballer, he knows his limits given his age and ability. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Everyone in the pictures was a far better player than Halliday ever will be also, which helps a lot.