Andy Halliday

Vlad the impaler

We really need to change the mentality at hearts. We're meant to be competing and focused on winning against our rivals. Not fan boying over them FFS

I like open goal . Especially when they've had ex hearts legends on, but I don't really think it's appropriate for current players to be on it. 

Even Neilson was on the show earlier this season, and whilst he didn't say anything daft, I found it a bit strange that he was on a show like that.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Unknown user

• Hmfc1965

On 15/01/2022 at 11:32, dannymack said:

Was never ever a problem back when I was young, pull on the shirt, do a job, no body questioned previous allegiances apart from Hibs and Celtic fans. 

No issues with Andy Halliday whatsoever, there's not a place in the team for him, he knows and understands that, but for every idiot that wishes to call him a " Hun " and question his commitment to Heart of Midlothian then say it to his face, im sure he'll just stare at you, shake his head and walk away murmuring "prick" under his breath. 

20211121_150406.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-172731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090725_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090550_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-083510_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-112353_YouTube.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982 a.jpg

Colin McAdam signs to Hearts 1985b.jpg

Screenshot_20210929-185835_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-074718_Chrome.jpg

-7trlyz.jpg

4087720222b89aa77fe1598e7c5c7c21.jpg

FB_IMG_1603931914300.jpg

Sandy+Jardine+Weekly+Bucket+8HvBk5ciy7ml.jpg

jardine-hearts.jpg

79a3329e18e6d60bfa7900711f86bc59.jpg

IMG_20190907_152522.jpg

IMG_20181203_011548.jpg

Alex_MacDonald.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982.jpg

Some cracking photos in there. Thanks for posting them. 

I don't think you'd be so forgiven if it was the other mob in Glasgow that a Hearts player was slavering on about on podcasts though. 

Edited by Savage Vince

5 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

That's the thing. He's not exactly a star but I wouldn't say he was terrible. 

I suspect some views are coloured by this  

He had a few decent appearances against minnows in the league cup but disappeared or made us worse far more often. Knuckleheaded red card against Aberdeen and caught chasing the game in all his other appearances since September.

On 15/01/2022 at 20:34, dannymack said:

The selection and amount of images were all the more reason to make the point that having previous Rangers players on our books was never a problem, sometimes its good to be reminiscent when looking back.

You don't have to talk to Andy Halliday about being a "Hun" but if fans are going to slate him using that derogatory term then I'd guess they WOULDN'T say it to his face.

The Pope is Roman Catholic 👍

See this not saying to his face pish. I'm sure there's plenty who'll take the challenge. 

Anyway, if he busts his arse for Hearts that's all I'm worried about. But I wish he'd shut the feck up about Rangers, anaw. He's plenty years after his playing days to talk about them, if they're still here, that is . 🧟‍♂️

Edited by ri Alban

11 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Even Neilson was on the show earlier this season, and whilst he didn't say anything daft, I found it a bit strange that he was on a show like that.

He'll have done it as a favour to Halliday, it's not necessarily the worst thing being interviewed by podcasts if he's talking about the club/players.

Robbie has done a few this season. 

I can only presume that Halliday was given a contract because of his bantz at training and in the dressing room. He's a tryer but I'd really rather his wage was used elsewhere...His other work seems to be a distraction and reminds me of Kris Boyd in his second and not so good spell at Killie. 

Can bet your ass he was telling Souttar all about life at Rangers too...Hard not to suspect he was telling someone at Rangers all about Souttar too.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

See this not saying to his face pish. I'm sure there's plenty who'll take the challenge. 

I never understand this one.

Why wouldn't I tell someone playing for Hearts that I think it's unacceptable bigging up Rangers publicly?

What's he going to do, chin me?

Not that I'm likely to be in the position to have this chat with him, unless I sought him out after training, which lets be honest is just weirdo behaviour.

And on the flip side of it. What if I wouldn't say it to his face? Does that invalidate the opinion?

Does it suddenly become acceptable behavior to be touting another club while WE pay his wages to play for the club we love, just because we wouldn't be 'hard' enough to pull him up about it face to face?

I used to be stunned at Killie allowing Kris Boyd to be on TV, radio and in the printed press waxing lyrical about Rangers. 

Can't believe Hearts as an organisation are just as tin pot as Killie, but here we are. 

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I can only presume that Halliday was given a contract because of his bantz at training and in the dressing room. He's a tryer but I'd really rather his wage was used elsewhere...His other work seems to be a distraction and reminds me of Kris Boyd in his second and not so good spell at Killie. 

Can bet your ass he was telling Souttar all about life at Rangers too...Hard not to suspect he was telling someone at Rangers all about Souttar too.

Boyd was brilliant in his second spell at Killie.   You'll be thinking of his 3rd. ;)

26 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I suspect Rangers may have been aware of Souttar anyway. 

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

He'll have done it as a favour to Halliday, it's not necessarily the worst thing being interviewed by podcasts if he's talking about the club/players.

Robbie has done a few this season. 

14 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

We really need to change the mentality at hearts. We're meant to be competing and focused on winning against our rivals. Not fan boying over them FFS

I like open goal . Especially when they've had ex hearts legends on, but I don't really think it's appropriate for current players to be on it. 

Sure Robbie was on as manager of the month in sponsorship with some vodka. Alexander from Motherwell and Postecooglouiuiiuooiu fi them have been in it too.

18 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

That was Bobby Zlamal when he stuck up for the racist czech player. Off the top of my head our Rangers contingent are McCulloch, Naismith, Smith, Halkett, Stewart, Halliday, Brandon and McKay

Thanks for that. Christ - didnt know there were that many - Zlamal implied we had a Little Rangers within our squad....We shouldnt have a little anyone/thing....Hearts only !!!!

2 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I suspect Rangers may have been aware of Souttar anyway. 

Aye they will have...but we dont need blatant moles acting for other clubs which have totally shafted us in the past. Rangers being number one by a mile

Halidays days are rightly numbered but there have been far worse players than him in his stint here. We've already punted two in the past week in Walker and Roberts.

3 hours ago, davie1980 said:

I never understand this one.

Why wouldn't I tell someone playing for Hearts that I think it's unacceptable bigging up Rangers publicly?

What's he going to do, chin me?

Not that I'm likely to be in the position to have this chat with him, unless I sought him out after training, which lets be honest is just weirdo behaviour.

And on the flip side of it. What if I wouldn't say it to his face? Does that invalidate the opinion?

Does it suddenly become acceptable behavior to be touting another club while WE pay his wages to play for the club we love, just because we wouldn't be 'hard' enough to pull him up about it face to face?

Have you got the STONES for it though.

Not my word, was used in the original comment

Halliday isn't the worst, he's relatively solid everytime he plays, reliable but he's never going to add much in terms of an attacking threat. I don't actually mind him and he is probably a good character to have around but I'm sure we will improve the LWB position next season and he'll be on his way. 

3 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Probably not

The worst will happen is some heckling along with plenty finger and hand gestures

18 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Halliday does try to the best of his abilities the way the first team playing and progressing Halliday does not fit in the team.

No he doesn't really fit now but he's reasonably solid, the bombscare at Pittodrie aside.

That has nothing to do with whether he's a hun or not.

4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

No he doesn't really fit now but he's reasonably solid, the bombscare at Pittodrie aside.

That has nothing to do with whether he's a hun or not.

I don’t think anything on this thread is to do with him being a hun. There are other huns in the team so why don’t they get criticised for the team they support?

6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Better believe it. Watching from afar for years now and it's so obviously a very small and insular pond that ultimately results in a doff of the cap to the old firm. The minute someone comes in and threatens that they are hounded out of town.

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think anything on this thread is to do with him being a hun. There are other huns in the team so why don’t they get criticised for the team they support?

I've seen a few posts citing that as a reason to get rid.

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I've seen a few posts citing that as a reason to get rid.

It’s because of his media work. His opinions on Rangers make sport headlines in the gutter press. That’s not acceptable to me and other Hearts fans. If you are ok with it then I’m not going to criticise in any way but it’s fairly obvious why others aren’t. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s because of his media work. His opinions on Rangers make sport headlines in the gutter press. That’s not acceptable to me and other Hearts fans. If you are ok with it then I’m not going to criticise in any way but it’s fairly obvious why others aren’t. 

I don't really care if he expresses opinions on other teams. 

That said, I've never listened to any of his media work.

13 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Respect that opinion, just don’t share it. I don’t like our players talking up other sides in the media and suggesting players they should sign. Best left for after his playing career imo. 

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Halliday isn't the worst, he's relatively solid everytime he plays, reliable but he's never going to add much in terms of an attacking threat. I don't actually mind him and he is probably a good character to have around but I'm sure we will improve the LWB position next season and he'll be on his way. 

He's dire. Get rid.

3 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Bazzas right boot
On 15/01/2022 at 11:06, Lfhearts said:

Lynch mob is a kb classic, guy gives 100% every game, I like him.

Yip, I've no issue with him. 

No idea why he upsets folk so much. 

• 9 months later...

My opinion of him has changed massively from the back end of last season through the start of this year. Not only is he fully committed and I think a great influence on the team in terms of his attitude, but he's also far better technically than I gave him credit for.

That said I'm not absolutely sure he'd be available if a televised Rangers game clashed with our kick off! 😆