• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Unknown user

• Hmfc1965

A Shoreditch Heart
9 hours ago, hisnameis said:

Completely agree mate. Possibly the best defender I have ever seen play for us.

Sandy Jardine is probably one of the greatest footballers that I've ever seen and he went to my school

Should Ryan McGowan be kicked out of his current club as he constantly gives views about Hearts and appears on a Hearts podcast.

its possible to be in the media but give your best for your current club.

The comment  AH made about the Aberdeen youngster was a mistake though and he will be pulled for it. 

Edited by Elmo

6 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Should Ryan McGowan be kicked out of his current club as he constantly gives views about Hearts and appears on a Hearts podcast.

its possible to be in the media but give your best for your current club.

The comment  AH made about the Aberdeen youngster was a mistake though and he will be pulled for it. 

You know the difference so why ignore it in your comments. Would it be ok for a Hibs fan playing for us and talking up Hibs in the media?

12 hours ago, dannymack said:

Was never ever a problem back when I was young, pull on the shirt, do a job, no body questioned previous allegiances apart from Hibs and Celtic fans. 

No issues with Andy Halliday whatsoever, there's not a place in the team for him, he knows and understands that, but for every idiot that wishes to call him a " Hun " and question his commitment to Heart of Midlothian then say it to his face, im sure he'll just stare at you, shake his head and walk away murmuring "prick" under his breath. 

20211121_150406.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-172731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090725_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090550_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-083510_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-112353_YouTube.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982 a.jpg

Colin McAdam signs to Hearts 1985b.jpg

Screenshot_20210929-185835_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-074718_Chrome.jpg

-7trlyz.jpg

4087720222b89aa77fe1598e7c5c7c21.jpg

FB_IMG_1603931914300.jpg

Sandy+Jardine+Weekly+Bucket+8HvBk5ciy7ml.jpg

jardine-hearts.jpg

79a3329e18e6d60bfa7900711f86bc59.jpg

IMG_20190907_152522.jpg

IMG_20181203_011548.jpg

Alex_MacDonald.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982.jpg

Ridiculous to include Sandy Jardine in that montage. Sandy made it very clear he wanted to end his career at Hearts because he was a supporter as a boy.

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

The selection and amount of images were all the more reason to make the point that having previous Rangers players on our books was never a problem, sometimes its good to be reminiscent when looking back.

You don't have to talk to Andy Halliday about being a "Hun" but if fans are going to slate him using that derogatory term then I'd guess they WOULDN'T say it to his face.

The Pope is Roman Catholic 👍

Never a problem?

Hugh Burns?

As for the term, it means rangers, so damn straight it's derogatory. 

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

He doesn't think your a prick, he doesn't give two shits about your Kickback rant, he's not a shit footballer, he knows his limits given his age and ability. 

He is a shit player, a big disappointment.

I doubt any player cares about any fan's posts, why are you acting like this is newsworthy?

3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Ridiculous to include Sandy Jardine in that montage. Sandy made it very clear he wanted to end his career at Hearts because he was a supporter as a boy.

Correct, I'm not sure why your calling it out as ridiculous though, he played for Rangers.

Thankfully ex Rangers man Alex MacDonald granted his wish.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Never a problem?

Hugh Burns?

As for the term, it means rangers, so damn straight it's derogatory

He is a shit player, a big disappointment.

I doubt any player cares about any fan's posts, why are you acting like this is newsworthy?

Not for me. If that's a term your happy with then you'll be fine with the 'whataboutery' derogatory terms to describe other football teams fans. 😉

Opinions: we're entitled to have them, we're entitled to view and express them and we're also entitled to question and disagree other folks opinions. 

Newsworthy ? This is Kickback, the forum were Hearts fans lose sleep over trivial matters 🤔

13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He has done us wrong in the view of many. He is used as a rangers mouthpiece by the press. it’s understandable that fans dislike that. 

I agree, do what he wants when he leaves is and the sooner the better. 

It used to not bother me but tbh of late I have changed my opinion and think that once he has been moved on (hopefully this window or the summer) from the club, that we should try to stop this sort of thing happening in future, I.e appearing on podcasts and other social media platforms and publicly talking up rival clubs etc I have no problem with him being a current bun and doing whatever he wants in his private life but the fact is he is making his private life very accessable to the public and him talking them up at every opportunity where everyone can see it and quote it in newspapers, it kind of does make us look a bit silly at times? as if we sort of condone this behavior imo.

It should be in future players contracts that you can't do this sort of thing while you represent our club imo, We are Heart of Midlothian ffs not fecking Alloa.

What a waste of money this guy has been. There will be genuinely fans on this forum who could turn up on a Saturday and contribute as much as him. 

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

It used to not bother me but tbh of late I have changed my opinion and think that once he has been moved on (hopefully this window or the summer) from the club, that we should try to stop this sort of thing happening in future, I.e appearing on podcasts and other social media platforms and publicly talking up rival clubs etc I have no problem with him being a current bun and doing whatever he wants in his private life but the fact is he is making his private life very accessable to the public and him talking them up at every opportunity where everyone can see it and quote it in newspapers, it kind of does make us look a bit silly at times? as if we sort of condone this behavior imo.

It should be in future players contracts that you can't do this sort of thing while you represent our club imo, We are Heart of Midlothian ffs not fecking Alloa.

Agree. Good and balanced post 👍

Halliday will be away at the end of the season so not too bothered about his media crap, especially as I've never seen/heard any of it. The Souttar story has made most Hearts fans a bit sensitive when it comes to the huns I suppose. 

5 hours ago, dannymack said:

Not for me. If that's a term your happy with then you'll be fine with the 'whataboutery' derogatory terms to describe other football teams fans. 😉

Opinions: we're entitled to have them, we're entitled to view and express them and we're also entitled to question and disagree other folks opinions. 

Newsworthy ? This is Kickback, the forum were Hearts fans lose sleep over trivial matters 🤔

1st para.

Well duh, I couldn't care less what people call each other within reason. If you're trying to raise a false equivalence between Hun and sectarian name calling though, you're dead wrong 

2nd para

Well duh captain obvious

Conclusion: I hope Halliday ****s off soon, I can't stand the Hun reek

3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

This wouldn’t be any differ to other companies. I know I have to act in a certain way and can’t spout off in public forums - and I’m not on £2/3k a week. Footballers need to take some responsibility and stop acting as if they’re special 

Hopefully gone in the summer. Anybody sucking up to the Hun / any club  in public on air is utterly unacceptable.

Clear him out. Served a purpose, maybe he can get a full time job on rangers tv channel.

Remember Lafferty not celebrating when he scored against the Hun. Disgraceful.  Halliday would probably burst out greeting if he scored against them.

Players support clubs - fine - but ffs keep it under control.

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hopefully gone in the summer. Anybody sucking up to the Hun / any club  in public on air is utterly unacceptable.

Clear him out. Served a purpose, maybe he can get a full time job on rangers tv channel.

Remember Lafferty not celebrating when he scored against the Hun. Disgraceful.  Halliday would probably burst out greeting if he scored against them.

Players support clubs - fine - but ffs keep it under control.

Lafferty scoring against them at murrayfield, and no celebration?pissed me off also,

7 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Add in that the Pressers and Podcast folk rarely ask him about Hearts. Also that it is the interests of certain people to make sure they disrupt the competition . Us.

Andy should be clamped down by the club, my own thoughts are that even though he isn't the best he has contributed and gives 100 %. Has not featured V Them as yet,  Not sure if that means anything, it may indicate that he is benched V Them and doesn't come on because of he said agreement's with Podcasts etc.

My original problem was the abuse he gets for it all, as said by a few here the club has to step in and bring order out of the chaos.

2 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

Add in that the Pressers and Podcast folk rarely ask him about Hearts. Also that it is the interests of certain people to make sure they disrupt the competition . Us.

Andy should be clamped down by the club, my own thoughts are that even though he isn't the best he has contributed and gives 100 %. Has not featured V Them as yet,  Not sure if that means anything, it may indicate that he is benched V Them and doesn't come on because of he said agreement's with Podcasts etc.

My original problem was the abuse he gets for it all, as said by a few here the club has to step in and bring order out of the chaos.

Agree, We are a professional outfit, The club shouldn't be allowing this sort of thing to happen imo, but for some strange reason they have this time, as I said,they should put it in every future players contract that you can't do this sort of thing and it will stop, I mean could you imagine if it was the other way around and a current Rangers player was on one of the hearts podcasts talking us up every week? Didn't think so, I think it's unprofessional in all honesty for a pro footballer to do this.

4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Agree, We are a professional outfit, The club shouldn't be allowing this sort of thing to happen imo, but for some strange reason they have this time, as I said,they should put it in every future players contract that you can't do this sort of thing and it will stop, I mean could you imagine if it was the other way around and a current Rangers player was on one of the hearts podcasts talking us up every week? Didn't think so, I think it's unprofessional in all honesty for a pro footballer to do this.

The early part of the Podcasts was potentially how we found interest in Andy's situation, not training or signed up. The initial word was that he fancied something new and saw his peers travel to The MSL, Kevin Kyle played a minor part in the move, we offered Andy a deal he signed it. Not good enough for us in the SPL but should of and did handle the Championship, hasn't done much wrong in my opinion, scored goals gets stuck in puts in 100 %. In the meantime he has built up a cult following on the dark side of the Media. The Open Goal show is aired at the Old Firm, Andy has said great things about Hearts , when they talk about Us and his time playing for the club. It is a small part of the Media questions he answers. The club needs to do something about the Rangers related topics and how much he can actually say without compromising himself .

McGlynn The Money
On 14/01/2022 at 11:45, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, fans under value the mentality side  of the game and guys like Halliday are valued within the club.

Most fans won't recognise this side as it's not a tangible quality. Most fans are a bit simple in their approach and discount the mentality, influence and competitiveness of the game as you can't really measure it or see it.

Your Berra example is also one side of him, as although what you said was true- teams also knew that a ball in the box had to be accurate as Berra would header through a wall. Players have different qualities and a team needs a balance of them. Berra was shite in terms of playing from the back but immense in the air.

It's more important  when you have a lot of younger lads in the team and playing against more experienced sides. No point in having the better players when sides just bully you.

Every team needs a ******* or a character  type player, even if hey aren't best. He's ours at the moment but I do think he will be moved on once Bob feels the team and other players are  matured and have enough character/ influence to replace him.

Halket , Boyce and Kinglsey types can step up into that role and are likely doing it now.

He, iirc also had a big hand in helping us land McKay.

He's done a good job for us and even this season has filled in when required. Someone mentioned his win ratio with us- it's very high.

He will be moved on but I won't get myself in a froth over him if he stays or leaves.

Lucky the more simple fans have you around to explain the finer points of the game to them. Obviously I knew all that already but some would be forgiven for thinking that Halliday is just a Rangers obsessed ned who lets a Lego muncher like Scott Brown get under his skin every game. They'd have seen his red card at Pittodrie as further evidence of that, not realising it was part of a much bigger picture.

Every team needs nasty/hard players, those with good mentalities and experienced players to set a good example. Halliday could be any of those but unfortunately he is none of them.

1 hour ago, Factuer Moi said:

The early part of the Podcasts was potentially how we found interest in Andy's situation, not training or signed up. The initial word was that he fancied something new and saw his peers travel to The MSL, Kevin Kyle played a minor part in the move, we offered Andy a deal he signed it. Not good enough for us in the SPL but should of and did handle the Championship, hasn't done much wrong in my opinion, scored goals gets stuck in puts in 100 %. In the meantime he has built up a cult following on the dark side of the Media. The Open Goal show is aired at the Old Firm, Andy has said great things about Hearts , when they talk about Us and his time playing for the club. It is a small part of the Media questions he answers. The club needs to do something about the Rangers related topics and how much he can actually say without compromising himself .

On the last bit - it's too late for that now given he's away at the end of the season anyway and he too will be keen for a 'pre-contract' with the Huns even if it is just as a media mouthpiece.

26 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Lucky the more simple fans have you around to explain the finer points of the game to them. Obviously I knew all that already but some would be forgiven for thinking that Halliday is just a Rangers obsessed ned who lets a Lego muncher like Scott Brown get under his skin every game. They'd have seen his red card at Pittodrie as further evidence of that, not realising it was part of a much bigger picture.

Every team needs nasty/hard players, those with good mentalities and experienced players to set a good example. Halliday could be any of those but unfortunately he is none of them.

Some would be forgiven for thinking that by those who have an axe to grind.

Halliday has been okay for us. Not great but okay.

He doesn’t deserve some of the abuse he gets on here.

20 minutes ago, kila said:

On the last bit - it's too late for that now given he's away at the end of the season anyway and he too will be keen for a 'pre-contract' with the Huns even if it is just as a media mouthpiece.

True.

I may start calling hima  dirty hun *******. Just to join in with the current bun trend

On 14/01/2022 at 09:18, Vlad the impaler said:

Again Halliday in press as Rangers unofficial ambassador,this time saying they should plunder Aberdeen for their young talented right back! Very uneasy with that on the back of them what’s in process regarding Souttar! I know there will be people come on

and say what he does in spare time etc and a part of me agrees. However read the room Andy,you’re employed by Hearts,not a rangers scout! Sooner we bin him the better imo

Agreed - OUT !

Also - remember that a certain ex Hearts player four months ago mentioned in the press about the solid and vociferous Rangers core in the HEARTS dressing room. That irked the hell out of me and it doesnt take Einstein to work out who that will be. (includes a couple of current coaches !!)

J Cheever Loophole
19 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Exactly, Sandy’s autobiography tells us when he signed for Rangers for a fiver a week, he couldn’t name the Rangers team but he could rhyme off the Hearts team of the day.

The Grim Reaper
33 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Also - remember that a certain ex Hearts player four months ago mentioned in the press about the solid and vociferous Rangers core in the HEARTS dressing room. That irked the hell out of me and it doesnt take Einstein to work out who that will be. (includes a couple of current coaches !!)

I missed that, who was the ex player?

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Some would be forgiven for thinking that by those who have an axe to grind.

Halliday has been okay for us. Not great but okay.

He doesn’t deserve some of the abuse he gets on here.

Yeah he does, he's a very public hun and a Hearts player

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Yeah he does, he's a very public hun and a Hearts player

As others have posted we've had a few in the past including one of our best managers.

Halliday has done a job and no more.

Is that the problem or do we stop signing "Huns " completely,  however that is defined. 

1 hour ago, busbyfth said:

That was Bobby Zlamal when he stuck up for the racist czech player. Off the top of my head our Rangers contingent are McCulloch, Naismith, Smith, Halkett, Stewart, Halliday, Brandon and McKay

At the start of the season I thought he was a useful squad player who could be thrown on when we needed a filler with some grit.

He's been absolutely honking for multiple appearances and his red card killed a game we still had a chance of getting something from. He occasionally shows some quality but it rarely lasts for more than about 15 minutes and then the game overruns him.

Tell Rangers we'll do them a deal and let them have both him and Souttar for a low low price of £600k.

14 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

That was Bobby Zlamal when he stuck up for the racist czech player. Off the top of my head our Rangers contingent are McCulloch, Naismith, Smith, Halkett, Stewart, Halliday, Brandon and McKay

So we accept the word of a racist apologist?

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

So we accept the word of a racist apologist?

Think its pretty common knowledge that majority of our dressing room are Rangers fans

10 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Think its pretty common knowledge that majority of our dressing room are Rangers fans

Is it?

And does it actually matter as long as they're performing?

I would imagine most of those now banging on about too many Huns at the club would also profess to be anti racist. 

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Is it?

I would imagine most of those now banging on about too many Huns at the club would also profess to be anti racist. 

If we have a dressing room full of Hun sympathizers that's unfortunate but I don't care overly much.

There's only one player who's both terrible on the pitch and makes a big public to-do about being Hun.

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Is it?

I dont think it matters as long as they are performing but i dont doubt Naismith and Halliday have been in Souttars ear selling Rangers to him. 

36 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

As others have posted we've had a few in the past including one of our best managers.

Halliday has done a job and no more.

Is that the problem or do we stop signing "Huns " completely,  however that is defined. 

Deliberately missing the point doesn't win you a point, we've never had anyone with the public hunnish presence he has.

I don't have a problem with Halkett being a hun. I don't like the hun but at least he doesn't publicly flaunt it while an employee of Hearts.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

If we have a dressing room full of Hun sympathizers that's unfortunate but I don't care overly much.

There's only one player who's both terrible on the pitch and makes a big public to-do about being Hun.

That's the thing. He's not exactly a star but I wouldn't say he was terrible. 

I suspect some views are coloured by this  

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

That's the thing. He's not exactly a star but I wouldn't say he was terrible. 

I suspect some views are coloured by this  

He's pish

Just now, Smithee said:

Deliberately missing the point doesn't win you a point, we've never had anyone with the public hunnish presence he has.

I don't have a problem with Halkett being a hun. I don't like the hun but at least he doesn't publicly flaunt it while an employee of Hearts.

We have actually in the likes of Alex MacDonald.

It just wasn't emphasised by social media. 

Guest ToqueJambo

What's this utter shite about "Hun sympathisers"? In 85/86 our "Rangers/Celtic contingent" was at minimum Jardine, A MacDonald, Clark, Whittaker, R MacDonald, Colquhoun, McAdam, Black. 

I can't stand Rangers, but who cares who players supported as laddies 🤣

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

We have actually in the likes of Alex MacDonald.

It just wasn't emphasised by social media. 

Emphasised by social media? It's the social media he does that's the big problem.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Emphasised by social media? It's the social media he does that's the big problem.

Would be quite happy for Halliday to be thrown in as part of the Souttar deal whether they want him or not. Agree his social Rangers love-in stuff is cringeworthy - wouldn't get away with it if he played for Celtic so shouldn't get away with it playing for us.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would be quite happy for Halliday to be thrown in as part of the Souttar deal whether they want him or not. Agree his social Rangers love-in stuff is cringeworthy - wouldn't get away with it if he played for Celtic so shouldn't get away with it playing for us.

Entirely agree. It’s tin pot as **** and should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Never heard of M,Smith being a Rangers fan or having any affiliation to them he supports Manchester United! McKay was also not at Hearts when Bobby came out with this crap.

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

So?

8 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Lafferty scoring against them at murrayfield, and no celebration?pissed me off also,

Nah, that's different.