• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Unknown user

• Hmfc1965

best in the land

Shite player, waste of a wage, never liked him. 

Replace asap please.

Too many rangers sympathisers in the club and he is too vocal about it. 

No respect to the club paying his wages. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Looks like one of his arms has been in prison and the other hasn’t. 

Hilarious.  :rofl:

I swear to god if he opens his mouth about Souttar pay him off now. 

Hindsight is a hell of thing, but shouldn't ever be employing a part time pundit kidding on their a full time player. 

It doesn't sit well with me that he touted Aberdeen's young full back as a signing for Sevco. I don't think that is appropriate behaviour for a Hearts player to be engaging in. It's easy to shrug our shoulders and go 'ach who cares' because it doesn't directly affect Hearts on this occasion. But what happens if two years from now Halliday is playing for Livingston, Hearts have a highly talented young midfielder, Sevco need a midfielder, and Halliday publicly touts the Hearts youngster as a signing for Sevco? How would we all feel then? I'd be bloody furious.

Listen, I understand that sometimes Hearts have players in their team who are Rangers/Sevco fans. That can't be helped. And as long as the player gives 100% for Hearts while they are on the pitch then it's not really an issue. But Halliday is just a bit too vocal for my liking about his love for Sevco. It is one of the reasons I want him out of Tynecastle. That and the fact that he is garbage at football.

Edited by No Idle Talk

PhoenixHearts
57 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

It doesn't sit well with me that he touted Aberdeen's young full back as a signing for Sevco. I don't think that is appropriate behaviour for a Hearts player to be engaging in. It's easy to shrug our shoulders and go 'ach who cares' because it doesn't directly affect Hearts on this occasion. But what happens if two years from now Halliday is playing for Livingston, Hearts have a highly talented young midfielder, Sevco need a midfielder, and Halliday publicly touts the Hearts youngster as a signing for Sevco? How would we all feel then? I'd be bloody furious.

Listen, I understand that sometimes Hearts have players in their team who are Rangers/Sevco fans. That can't be helped. And as long as the player gives 100% for Hearts while they are on the pitch then it's not really an issue. But Halliday is just a bit too vocal for my liking about his love for Sevco. It is one of the reasons I want him out of Tynecastle. That and the fact that he is garbage at football.

This is exactly how I feel.

And you know for a fact a wee hun rat like Halliday will have been in Souttar's ear convincing him to head to Ibrox. You'd never guess he was a professional football player the way he behaves like a wee rangers fanboy.

Need him the **** out of my club. 

10 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This is exactly how I feel.

And you know for a fact a wee hun rat like Halliday will have been in Souttar's ear convincing him to head to Ibrox. You'd never guess he was a professional football player the way he behaves like a wee rangers fanboy.

Need him the **** out of my club. 

Wonder if he picked up his commission/finders fee...?.

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Completely agree. 

We are a club that pays full time professional wages. If he wants to be a pundit then he should drop to part time like his mate Si Ferry. 

This shouldn’t be something the club entertains again. It’s unprofessional and makes us look tinpot. 

Boyd used his pundit position while a player to utterly slate Cathro, again totally unprofessional. If they want to be pundits, go be pundits. Don’t half arse it as a player. 

Halliday has been awful and utterly failed to bring any of the ability that got him his move to ibrox here. It’s like his career ended the minute they cast him off. 

Personally I would release him as I don’t think he is good enough. He appears to have been favoured on occasion, perhaps due to his relationship with members of the management team. Cant remember the game , but he was brought on as a sub when haring was sat next to him on the bench and would have been a far better option.

if he was working as a fairly impartial pundit and co commentating fair enough but his role as a cheerleader for Rangers is not acceptable as a Hearts player. Regardless of his role in the Souttar transfer, if indeed there was one,  his media profile as a diehard Gers fan does cast doubt on his commitment and integrity as a Hearts player.

Edited by hisnameis
Spelling

Robbies right hand man

He should go without much good wishes.

He’s been horrendous for us, is a hun, and is treating us like a part time job.

I can’t remember disliking a player so much in a long, long time.

Edited by Robbies right hand man

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

There is not a bigger rangers fan than alex Macdonald.    But what he done for hearts was immeasurable     halliday?

If Alex MacDonald came in to Hearts tomorrow he wouldn't last 5 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

If Alex MacDonald came in to Hearts tomorrow he wouldn't last 5 minutes. 

He's in his 70s to be fair, a full game is a lot to ask.

The recurring observation with Halliday is a lack of commitment, that he's too busy playing pundit/ hun cheerleader to bother giving us 100%. His performances have been utter dogshit his entire time with us. 

What he's doing would be barely acceptable if his form was good. So the current situation needs to be completely stopped. No Hearts player should be the rangers end of a Celtic heavy podcast. Its tinpot, disrespectful and beneath us as a club. You want to do that? Fine, go join a diddy club. 

Killie are apparently fond of players that like to big up rangers and do media work. 

He will end up at Dunfermline or a Raith or some other championship mob next season, good riddance I say, has contributed absolutely nothing and is nowhere near good enough for a team like us.

Can’t stand the guy. 

Yes he came in and did a job in Championship. But that’s his level, just.

Liam him out for the remainder of his contract or pay him off. 

22 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just what is needed, another Halliday thread 

We need at least one more

Hopefully titled "Halliday signs for Hamilton" or something similar.

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

We need at least one more

Hopefully titled "Halliday signs for Hamilton" or something similar.

Held get’s one year deal. 😎

only kidding. He’s plugged holes at time this season but I reckon his time is likely up. 

23 hours ago, TheBigO said:

That's massively unfair.  As much as I don't like him as a player, I can't accept this.

You're forgetting how often he kicks the ball against the opposition player who is standing right in front of him.

😂😂

9 hours ago, hisnameis said:

Personally I would release him as I don’t think he is good enough. He appears to have been favoured on occasion, perhaps due to his relationship with members of the management team. Cant remember the game , but he was brought on as a sub when haring was sat next to him on the bench and would have been a far better option.

if he was working as a fairly impartial pundit and co commentating fair enough but his role as a cheerleader for Rangers is not acceptable as a Hearts player. Regardless of his role in the Souttar transfer, if indeed there was one,  his media profile as a diehard Gers fan does cast doubt on his commitment and integrity as a Hearts player.

Was it Aberdeen? We were losing, needing to create something and brought on Halliday!

12 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Big thing for me is i dont want people in my club who revere the OF. Of course that's hard to avoid in Scotland but 8f theres a mindset that the OF are the pinnacle, how do we challenge them? How do we manage, even subconsciously to not feel inferior??

Dicks like Halliday on their wee podcasts talking them up is EXACTLY the opposite attitude we want in our club and if i was Robbie or Joe he'd be severely reprimanded and made an example of.

A kid being linked with Bologna and some big big clubs and this nomark kiddy on hardman hun is touting him for rapeeepul.

Jog the &£#@ on

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Lynch mob is a kb classic, guy gives 100% every game, I like him.

His 100% is 99% bluster. Hes a totally ineffectual player. An imposter.

Guid laugh tho

On 14/01/2022 at 09:26, luckydug said:

Too many Huns in the Hearts dressing room. (according to our ex goalie Bobby) 😏 

Was never ever a problem back when I was young, pull on the shirt, do a job, no body questioned previous allegiances apart from Hibs and Celtic fans. 

No issues with Andy Halliday whatsoever, there's not a place in the team for him, he knows and understands that, but for every idiot that wishes to call him a " Hun " and question his commitment to Heart of Midlothian then say it to his face, im sure he'll just stare at you, shake his head and walk away murmuring "prick" under his breath. 

20211121_150406.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-172731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090725_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090550_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-083510_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-112353_YouTube.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982 a.jpg

Colin McAdam signs to Hearts 1985b.jpg

Screenshot_20210929-185835_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-074718_Chrome.jpg

-7trlyz.jpg

4087720222b89aa77fe1598e7c5c7c21.jpg

FB_IMG_1603931914300.jpg

Sandy+Jardine+Weekly+Bucket+8HvBk5ciy7ml.jpg

jardine-hearts.jpg

79a3329e18e6d60bfa7900711f86bc59.jpg

IMG_20190907_152522.jpg

IMG_20181203_011548.jpg

Alex_MacDonald.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982.jpg

29 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Maybe he gives 100% however he is not the standard we want to take the club to the next level.

29 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I don’t really give a rats ass about his media career. I don’t listen to him. nothing he says publicly annoys me or pleases me.

I care about his contribution, his effort, his commitment and his talent.

To be honest he has been okay. Not brilliant. Not a legend. Not a hero. Not even excellent or VERY good.

However, He is a prime example of people we need to get out of the club and replace with a better option, if we’re going to improve as a club.

Nothing hugely against the guy. But don’t want to see him renewed.

11 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Was never ever a problem back when I was young, pull on the shirt, do a job, no body questioned previous allegiances apart from Hibs and Celtic fans. 

No issues with Andy Halliday whatsoever, there's not a place in the team for him, he knows and understands that, but for every idiot that wishes to call him a " Hun " and question his commitment to Heart of Midlothian then say it to his face, im sure he'll just stare at you, shake his head and walk away murmuring "prick" under his breath. 

20211121_150406.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-172731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090725_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-090550_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-083510_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-112353_YouTube.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982 a.jpg

Colin McAdam signs to Hearts 1985b.jpg

Screenshot_20210929-185835_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-074718_Chrome.jpg

-7trlyz.jpg

4087720222b89aa77fe1598e7c5c7c21.jpg

FB_IMG_1603931914300.jpg

Sandy+Jardine+Weekly+Bucket+8HvBk5ciy7ml.jpg

jardine-hearts.jpg

79a3329e18e6d60bfa7900711f86bc59.jpg

IMG_20190907_152522.jpg

IMG_20181203_011548.jpg

Alex_MacDonald.jpg

Alex MacDonald new Hearts manager 1982.jpg

I don't care if he thinks I'm a prick, he's a hun wank, a shit footballer and he can gtf.

Halkett's rangers but he performs and keeps his mouth shut about it. I like Halkett, he's not a prick.

13 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Amen.

It’s not the fact that he is ex Rangers that I have a problem with.It iis that he is carving out a career as a Rangers fan ‘s voice in the media whilst employed by us. Do not think any comparison between him and the likes of Sandy Jardine is valid. Jardine would never have disrespected Hearts or the clubs fans by going on a national media outlet and talking all things Rangers from a fan’s perspective. We as a club are probably more at fault for allowing it because of the Gers old boys connections in our management. Can you imagine an ex Hibs/ Celtic player coming to us and then going on podcasts talking about Hibs or Celtic as a fan?

Edited by hisnameis
Adding detail

17 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Doesn't really go...does it?

0_Andy-Halliday2472JPG.jpg

Can’t remember the other ex rangers players going in the press advising which Aberdeen players rangers should sign. 

3 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

It’s not the fact that he is ex Rangers that I have a problem with.It iis that he is carving out a career as a Rangers fan ‘s voice in the media whilst employed by us. Do not think any comparison between him and the likes of Sandy Jardine is valid. Jardine would never have disrespected Hearts or the clubs fans by going on a national media outlet and talking all things Rangers from a fan’s perspective. We as a club are probably more at fault for allowing it because of the Gers old boys connections in our management. Can you imagine an ex Hibs/ Celtic player coming to us and then going on podcasts talking about Hibs or Celtic?

Plus, Jardine was a Hearts man

Tynecastle Valhalla
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is he in breach of contract? 😄

i don’t have it; but would love to read it

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't care if he thinks I'm a prick, he's a hun wank, a shit footballer and he can gtf.

Halkett's rangers but he performs and keeps his mouth shut about it. I like Halkett, he's not a prick.

Nailed it. 

Just now, wallace_mercer said:

i don’t have it; but would love to read it

It would be an interesting read. If it did agree he could continue his media role I hope Hearts have learned from that. 

Tynecastle Valhalla
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would be an interesting read. If it did agree he could continue his media role I hope Hearts have learned from that. 

I suspect it is silent on that topic; but perhaps they can proactively insert a clause in future banning public promotion of other clubs 

26 minutes ago, gorgie al 1960 said:

so was John Greig ....

That's not really relevant to the topic of huns that played for Hearts though.

Jardine was class, never suspended in his career and grew up Hearts, he's got no place in this discussion.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Plus, Jardine was a Hearts man

He was brought up in Whitson as  jambo but not sure he remained that way after his years at Rangers but perhaps he wasn’t a good example. Cant imagine Doddy cheerleading Rangers in public when he was employed at Hearts whatever his private feelings where. 

1 hour ago, hisnameis said:

It’s not the fact that he is ex Rangers that I have a problem with.It iis that he is carving out a career as a Rangers fan ‘s voice in the media whilst employed by us. Do not think any comparison between him and the likes of Sandy Jardine is valid. Jardine would never have disrespected Hearts or the clubs fans by going on a national media outlet and talking all things Rangers from a fan’s perspective. We as a club are probably more at fault for allowing it because of the Gers old boys connections in our management. Can you imagine an ex Hibs/ Celtic player coming to us and then going on podcasts talking about Hibs or Celtic as a fan?

Sandy Jardine was a gentlemen, rolls royce of a football player, taken far too young.

3 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Sandy Jardine was a gentlemen, rolls royce of a football player, taken far too young.

Completely agree mate. Possibly the best defender I have ever seen play for us.