Andy Halliday

Vlad the impaler

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cheers.

I have no major issue with Halliday as a player but i would genuinely fine him for this. Speaking on behalf of a rival club in the national media is a disgrace and completely disrespectful imo

100milliontrillion percent.  This is an absolute joke.  Hate it.

Always said when Boyd was at Killie and had a column in some rag or other which he used to bang on about and defend Rangers every week that I'd be livid if I was one of the 12 Killie fans.  I know Halliday isn't at that level (as much as you'd think he'd love to be) but I'd be sending him to train with the kids for this shit.

It needs to made clear to every sing;le person involved at Hearts that we're not "one of the rest", here to make up the numbers in Scottish football.  Celtic and Rangers are our rivals is how we need to view ourselves or that will never be true on or off the park.

Honestly boils my piss, this.  And he's shite.

Can we put a bit of rouge on his cheeks and send him along the M8 disguised as Soapy?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Unknown user

• Hmfc1965

If he was touting our players for a move to Ibrox then I’d understand the outrage. 

However, Ramsey plays for arguably our main rivals for 3rd place so anything that unsettles them is good isn’t it?

7 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Great squad player. He’s a big rangers fan wipe you’re tears and get over it. Hopefully gets an extension 

He’s not even a good squad player. Most attacking moves break down whenever the ball goes to him. Unlike square ball B Ferguson, Halliday’s preferred pass is backwards usually putting a defender under pressure. 

The thing that irks me about it is if he was playing for Rangers and a Hearts fan, I seriously doubt sevco would put up with it. It gives off the impression they’re a big club and we are not imo. I know he talks about football other than Rangers but it’s the Hun chat that makes the papers. 

He’s pish anyway. Handy just now because he can fill in a couple of spots if/when injuries suspensions kick in but I hope he gets binned in the summer. 

12 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Great squad player. He’s a big rangers fan wipe you’re tears and get over it. Hopefully gets an extension 

The wipe your tears chat is chronic. You seem like the person who is wound up most by it. If he gets an extension, it’s a sign we are going backwards. 

If he was a Hibs fan would you be happy about him going in the media as their unofficial spokesman?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He’s a useful utility player imo. Don’t listen to what he says in the media so not sure how upset I should be getting. 😄

Get raging immediately Dave. There’s nothing else going on today. 

9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

He’s not even a good squad player. Most attacking moves break down whenever the ball goes to him. Unlike square ball B Ferguson, Halliday’s preferred pass is backwards usually putting a defender under pressure. 

That's massively unfair.  As much as I don't like him as a player, I can't accept this.

You're forgetting how often he kicks the ball against the opposition player who is standing right in front of him.

He'll be away in the summer imo, useful as a utility man here & there to cover & chips in with the odd Goal/Assist but we can upgrade on him. As for his media pish I tend to just ignore it, as long as he turns up & trains properly, keeps fit, does what he's asked on the pitch & doesn't embarrass the club I couldn't really care, we knew what he was when we signed him 

We signed him knowing his allegiances, so we can't get our knickers in a twist about it.  He may be limited in ability but he gives 100 percent for the shirt every game.

Both parties have been served each other well from the deal, but we've outgrown him and assume he will be moved on in the summer.

My biggest concern with all his media work is the chance of a covid outbreak that he could bring into the squad.

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's a  decent squad player and his contribution is undervalued on here.

He's a solid player.

Going forward he will be replaced with better.

His Rangers shite is tiresome tho.

Teams are quite happy for him to have the ball as they’ll know he will offer absolutely nothing.

It’s a bit like when teams used to press every Hearts player except Berra as they knew he was useless on the ball. 

Halliday is a weak link and you overvalue him in using the words decent and solid. Average is the word. He could leave tomorrow and it would not weaken Hearts squad. Michael Smith is the utility man, and between him and Kingsley that is plenty cover for Cochrane who should be starting at LWB.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s a useful utility player imo. Don’t listen to what he says in the media so not sure how upset I should be getting. 😄

Thats how I see it. He is on a weekly Scottish football podcast, so obviously talk about who Rangers (and others) will sign. But the papers will take those quotes and make it out that he is trying to go to the papers to say it.

He will be off in the summer anyway.

Ford Prentice

Could be a sweetener in any Souttar deal. Rangers agree to take Halliday as well and, in a reverse of the usual conditions, only to play him against us. 

We win, he wins, Rangers weakened. What's not to like.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Teams are quite happy for him to have the ball as they’ll know he will offer absolutely nothing.

It’s a bit like when teams used to press every Hearts player except Berra as they knew he was useless on the ball. 

Halliday is a weak link and you overvalue him in using the words decent and solid. Average is the word. He could leave tomorrow and it would not weaken Hearts squad. Michael Smith is the utility man, and between him and Kingsley that is plenty cover for Cochrane who should be starting at LWB.

Nah, fans under value the mentality side  of the game and guys like Halliday are valued within the club.

Most fans won't recognise this side as it's not a tangible quality. Most fans are a bit simple in their approach and discount the mentality, influence and competitiveness of the game as you can't really measure it or see it.

Your Berra example is also one side of him, as although what you said was true- teams also knew that a ball in the box had to be accurate as Berra would header through a wall. Players have different qualities and a team needs a balance of them. Berra was shite in terms of playing from the back but immense in the air.

It's more important  when you have a lot of younger lads in the team and playing against more experienced sides. No point in having the better players when sides just bully you.

Every team needs a ******* or a character  type player, even if hey aren't best. He's ours at the moment but I do think he will be moved on once Bob feels the team and other players are  matured and have enough character/ influence to replace him.

Halket , Boyce and Kinglsey types can step up into that role and are likely doing it now.

He, iirc also had a big hand in helping us land McKay.

He's done a good job for us and even this season has filled in when required. Someone mentioned his win ratio with us- it's very high.

He will be moved on but I won't get myself in a froth over him if he stays or leaves.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, fans under value the mentality side  of the game and guys like Halliday are valued within the club.

Most fans won't recognise this side as it's not a tangible quality. Most fans are a bit simple in their approach and discount the mentality, influence and competitiveness of the game as you can't really measure it or see it.

Your Berra example is also one side of him, as although what you said was true- teams also knew that a ball in the box had to be accurate as Berra would header through a wall. Players have different qualities and a team needs a balance of them. Berra was shite in terms of playing from the back but immense in the air.

It's more important  when you have a lot of younger lads in the team and playing against more experienced sides. No point in having the better players when sides just bully you.

Every team needs a ******* or a character  type player, even if hey aren't best. He's ours at the moment but I do think he will be moved on once Bob feels the team and other players are  matured and have enough character/ influence to replace him.

Halket , Boyce and Kinglsey types can step up into that role and are likely doing it now.

He's done a good job for us and even this season has filled in when required. Someone mentioned his win ratio with us- it's very high.

He will be moved on but I won't get myself in a froth over him if he stays or leaves.

This is spot on. 

In Scottish football players like Halliday who mix it with opposition, can give the whole team a lift. 

We have sadly lacked this for a while.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Rods said:

This is spot on. 

In Scottish football players like Halliday who mix it with opposition, can give the whole team a lift. 

Yip. 

100%

Ofc, we want better players that also have that but they are hard to come by. 

Football really is more than just physical and technical attributes. 

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don’t discount it at all and up till now have always understood why he is here.

We lacked that dig severely when Halliday joined the club but now we’ve got it in spades with the replacements we’ve brought in.

Halliday was a stop gap and that’s now expired. The fans have not taken to him at all. He is roundly disliked both for his on field displays and his off field shite so it’s time for him to go and wish him all the very best at Airdrie or wherever he ends up. Surplus to requirements here 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t discount it at all and up till now have always understood why he is here.

We lacked that dig severely when Halliday joined the club but now we’ve got it in spades with the replacements we’ve brought in.

Halliday was a stop gap and that’s now expired. The fans have not taken to him at all. He is roundly disliked both for his on field displays and his off field shite so it’s time for him to go and wish him all the very best at Airdrie or wherever he ends up. Surplus to requirements here 

Yeah, he'll be moved on once Bob feels the time is right. 

No need to pan and slag the guy tho. 

I suppose with walker away and Gnando out the door soon, some folk need some poor smuck to target next. 

Whatever floats folks boat. 

Halliday's on the type of wages ex OF players expect so purely on that basis he's poor value for money as he's pretty shit.

Plus, I can't abide hunnish tendencies at Hearts but guys like Halkett at least operate with some dignity.

Get Halliday TF, hun *******

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The wipe your tears chat is chronic. You seem like the person who is wound up most by it. If he gets an extension, it’s a sign we are going backwards. 

If he was a Hibs fan would you be happy about him going in the media as their unofficial spokesman?

There’s the bite I’m looking for. Him supporting rangers dosnt effect his performances on the pitch. Grow up 

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Cool, we don't all have to agree.

He's ex OF so he'll be on big wages, plus he's a very public hun, and pretty shit.

Get him TF, I hate seeing him in maroon

😂 that made me laugh

btw I’m not disagreeing, I don’t like him playing either, but my  point was more around the anger for a player who hardly plays. It’s needless, he will be gone

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Won’t be here in July.

Thank god. 

He’s been awful and it’s tinpot seeing him talking up rangers every chance he gets. Professionalism 🤷‍♂️ 

26 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

There’s the bite I’m looking for. Him supporting rangers dosnt effect his performances on the pitch. Grow up 

Oh no I fell for it. Except I didn’t say him supporting rangers affected his performance. You just getting all wound up and telling folk to grow up because they disagree with your simplistic view. 

And his Open Goal stuff is embarrassing

"AND THERE WIZ THIS TIME RIGHT, WAIT TILL A TELL YE WAIT TILL A TELL YE, AWW MAN A COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING, A WIZ IN THE CAR WI DUKESY, AN A WIZ LIKE WHAT THIS, AND HE WIZ LIKE ITZ THIS, AND A WIZ LIKE WOT YOU MEAN, AN HE WIZ LIKE YA KEN WHAT A MEAN, AND A WIZ LIKE AV NO IDEA, AN HE WIS LIKE YE KEN WHAT A MEAN AND WHO A MEAN, AND A WIZ LIKE........ AH DINNIE..... AWW MATE WE LAUGHED AWWW DAY.... AN SUM EH THE NIXT DAY"

A_A wehatethehibs
30 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

No, but his lack of talent does affect his crap performances on the pitch though. He only gets on for a bit of extra experience as our alternative LWB is a young kid learning his trade. 

Whether a player was a fan of any team has never been an issue.

It’s the fact that Andy is in the public eye mouthing off about Rangers and other clubs players, it just compounds that effect of being a shit-to-watch player, which has led to never having any chance of acceptance long term at Hearts. 

34 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

"AND THERE WIZ THIS TIME RIGHT, WAIT TILL A TELL YE WAIT TILL A TELL YE, AWW MAN A COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING, A WIZ IN THE CAR WI DUKESY, AN A WIZ LIKE WHAT THIS, AND HE WIZ LIKE ITZ THIS, AND A WIZ LIKE WOT YOU MEAN, AN HE WIZ LIKE YA KEN WHAT A MEAN, AND A WIZ LIKE AV NO IDEA, AN HE WIS LIKE YE KEN WHAT A MEAN AND WHO A MEAN, AND A WIZ LIKE........ AH DINNIE..... AWW MATE WE LAUGHED AWWW DAY.... AN SUM EH THE NIXT DAY"

I do wonder what GMS must think with all his comments and piss takes against him. Maybe he is cool with it but who knows, not sure I'd see it as 'bants' if I was him, brave face or not.

2 hours ago, Rods said:

This is spot on. 

My issue is I don't actually think he adds this.  When he plays in midfield, you never hear his name, totally anonymous on and off the ball.  He probably mouths off a lot on the pitch, but actually getting in people's faces, winning us the ball, winding them up, making sure we're not soft touches... see Cam Devlin.

I know we brought Halliday in last season and I've no doubt you're right this is why - and great we've upgraded.  But when people say he adds dig and bite, well I just don't see it.  He pretends he does.

55 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

:rofl:glasgow banter is the best

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Oh no I fell for it. Except I didn’t say him supporting rangers affected his performance. You just getting all wound up and telling folk to grow up because they disagree with your simplistic view. 

He hates the IRA

57 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No, but his lack of talent does affect his crap performances on the pitch though. He only gets on for a bit of extra experience as our alternative LWB is a young kid learning his trade. 

Whether a player was a fan of any team has never been an issue.

It’s the fact that Andy is in the public eye mouthing off about Rangers and other clubs players, it just compounds that effect of being a shit-to-watch player, which has led to never having any chance of acceptance long term at Hearts. 

Sounds like you just don’t like him. 
Halliday is good to have in the squad. The likes of Aberdeen and hibs don’t have a squad player with his experience and quality. Keep Andy 

4 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

He hates the IRA

Only because his name rhymes with ‘A’. Otherwise the song opportunity wouldn’t exist. 

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Halliday is good to have in the squad. The likes of Aberdeen and hibs don’t have a squad player with his experience and quality. Keep Andy 

He is absolutely pish. He wouldn’t get a game for Hibs nor Aberdeen. Waste of a wage and thankfully some itk folks believe he is as good as gone in the summer - delighted with that. Just wish we could punt him now to be honest but no clubs are interested 

Neilson seems to be good mates with him so for that reason only, I can see him getting an extension. Can't see any other reason for keeping him. 

BRAVEHEART1874

Always thought he was pish even at sevco especially as a left back. Prob get more game time though now with the 5 subs rule.

31 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Seems reasonable, I don't like him either. I also think he's shit at football, and a dirty hun w@nk.

I'm a football fan, he could have turned that all round with performances, but he didn't. Because he's shit 

the Hearts way
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's a  decent squad player and his contribution is undervalued on here.

He's a solid player.

Going forward he will be replaced with better.

His Rangers shite is tiresome tho.

Probably touting for a coaching role at Ibrox !

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Again Halliday in press as Rangers unofficial ambassador,this time saying they should plunder Aberdeen for their young talented right back! Very uneasy with that on the back of them what’s in process regarding Souttar! I know there will be people come on

and say what he does in spare time etc and a part of me agrees. However read the room Andy,you’re employed by Hearts,not a rangers scout! Sooner we bin him the better imo

How about Hearts plunder Aberdeen for their young talent Andy? Even if we can’t afford him. Just say it. Wrong on so many levels to be talking about what Newco should do. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Like Barrie McKay, He's a knowing Rangers fan doesn't scream it from the roof tops and gets on with his football and is good, The complete opposite to Halliday. 

Good point 👍🏽

Malinga the Swinga

At the moment, Halliday is our player and hasn't ****ed over club.

If he says anything positive about Souttar joining Rangers, he should be fined and binned immediately.