Andy Halliday

Vlad the impaler

Vlad the impaler

Again Halliday in press as Rangers unofficial ambassador,this time saying they should plunder Aberdeen for their young talented right back! Very uneasy with that on the back of them what’s in process regarding Souttar! I know there will be people come on

and say what he does in spare time etc and a part of me agrees. However read the room Andy,you’re employed by Hearts,not a rangers scout! Sooner we bin him the better imo

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Unknown user

• Hmfc1965

I've no issues with it personally but when you are with a club as big as Hearts it's not going to wash in the same way it would a Kilmarnock or other lower division teams.

Needs to leave - not because of this but just he isn't at the standard we require any more.

I think he has done his bit for us in the main.

Edited by Homme

I think Halliday would almost be forgiven for his blatant allegiances towards that mob if he was actually even half decent.

Hopefully he will be driving back along the M8 in the summer never to return.

What he does in his spare time is indeed his own business, apart from anything football-related IMO. Being a Hun mouthpiece is not acceptable given that he is representing Hearts. Of he course he will have opinions on football but he needs to remember he is a Hearts player and there needs to be a code of conduct. When he hangs up his boots or moves to Brechin City he can go on about that lot in the media, but not at Hearts.

I'd be happy if we ran down his contact and he left in the summer on a free. I watch Open Goal and I think he is alright on that but seeing him on the videos for clyde super scoreboard talking about Rangers is too much.  I'm sure Rangers as a club and their fans would not be happy if they had a player on there books who was a Hearts or Hibs fan and on radio shows, in paper, in the media talking about who they need to sign and who would be a good fit for a position. 

Some fans were not happy when Defoe was on sky sport super Sunday when Rangers were playing the same day. I'm sure it was the Livi away game and Defoe was in the sky studio for a game down in England. 

Vlad the impaler
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

What he does in his spare time is indeed his own business, apart from anything football-related IMO. Being a Hun mouthpiece is not acceptable given that he is representing Hearts. Of he course he will have opinions on football but he needs to remember he is a Hearts player and there needs to be a code of conduct. When he hangs up his boots or moves to Brechin City he can go on about that lot in the media, but not at Hearts.

Couldn’t have put it better👍🏻

I think we can all see he'll be getting binned. He can probably see it himself.

He's got St Mirren or Livingston all over him.

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Andy would fit in well at Dundee. 

I'd pay to watch that. 

The Dundee dressing room is full of ex Celtic and Hibs radges😂

Just now, luckydug said:

I'd pay to watch that. 

The Dundee dressing room is full of ex Celtic and Hibs radges😂

Freak show up there. 

A_A wehatethehibs

He’s come in here when the club had been demoted to the championship, and generally just done a competent job on the pitch. So putting up with the media pish was fine for a short term, I can only assume he sees that as his post football livelihood and career. But as a consequence of it there is no long term place for him at Hearts.

Every Hearts fan to a man & woman would be massively disappointed if his contract gets extended so I hope the club pulls rank on Neilson wants to extend him. Get Halliday punted either now or in the summer. As a stop gap we could put up with it, while Hearts looked to rebuild and replace with better quality. That stop gap is over

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just what is needed, another Halliday thread 

Thanks for contributing to it👍🏻

31 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

No matter what he does in his spare time the guy is shite anyway.  Get rid asap.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yep agree. Sick of it. Get him launched. 

Ex member of the SaS

TBF I never really took to him and always had him down a blue through and through. No matter what he does in his spare time he should not be mouthing in the media about other teams unless it's to put them down before a Hearts game.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep agree. Sick of it. Get him launched. 

He’s a bit part player who has slotted in where needed. If he was starting every game I’d understand the seethe. But since he hardly plays I don’t get it

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He’s a bit part player who has slotted in where needed. If he was starting every game I’d understand the seethe. But since he hardly plays I don’t get it

Hes approaching 50 games for us. And has been starting a lot recently. I can understand the manager wanted a bit of experience when Cochrane wobbled. But the fans hate watching Halliday and hate seeing shite like this in the press, he is massively disliked by Hearts own fan base. Therefore he should be launched at the earliest opportunity because he isn’t talented, he’s bang average and is easily replaceable.

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Again Halliday in press as Rangers unofficial ambassador,this time saying they should plunder Aberdeen for their young talented right back! Very uneasy with that on the back of them what’s in process regarding Souttar! I know there will be people come on

and say what he does in spare time etc and a part of me agrees. However read the room Andy,you’re employed by Hearts,not a rangers scout! Sooner we bin him the better imo

Where is this?

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Because we are paying him a wage from our season ticket money and FOH donations for him to champion Sevco, launch him, we are building a team around professional loyal players,  no room for him to be involved

jambo-in-furness

He is not good enough is a reason to get rid.  

All this currant buns crap just makes it a no brainier!

chuck berrys hairline

Thought he only got a contract because his Uncles on the board. Thankfully Savage isn't a joabs fir rah bois type!

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

Brick Tamland
32 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

28 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Thanks for contributing to it👍🏻

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

:levein_interesting:

1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Cheers.

I have no major issue with Halliday as a player but i would genuinely fine him for this. Speaking on behalf of a rival club in the national media is a disgrace and completely disrespectful imo

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Cool, we don't all have to agree.

He's ex OF so he'll be on big wages, plus he's a very public hun, and pretty shit.

Get him TF, I hate seeing him in maroon

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Can you imagine the reaction if Craig Gordon had gone on about us while at Celtic?

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cheers.

I have no major issue with Halliday as a player but i would genuinely fine him for this. Speaking on behalf of a rival club in the national media is a disgrace and completely disrespectful imo

Pretty much where I am with it,I probably wouldn’t bother as much if I though he was worth puting up with it for. Adds nothing for me and as someone has said if he was still at his boyhood club they wouldn’t be puting up with it

Football is not an ordinary business and involves the emotional side that occurs in football rivalries.  In that respect He is being incredibly disrespectful to his current employer and the supporters of the club.  I have no idea why Hearts allow it.

Pasquale for King

Can’t wait to get rid of him and his Uber Hun pish. Wouldn’t be so bad if he was any good but he’s a below player who should be nowhere near the team. A managers favourite if they’d ever was one. 

52 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’s come in here when the club had been demoted to the championship, and generally just done a competent job on the pitch. So putting up with the media pish was fine for a short term, I can only assume he sees that as his post football livelihood and career. But as a consequence of it there is no long term place for him at Hearts.

Every Hearts fan to a man & woman would be massively disappointed if his contract gets extended so I hope the club pulls rank on Neilson wants to extend him. Get Halliday punted either now or in the summer. As a stop gap we could put up with it, while Hearts looked to rebuild and replace with better quality. That stop gap is over

I probably don't want his contract extended, albeit think he is an OK player. I certainly wouldn't want the club undermining Neilson though if Neilson thinls he is worth another year. 

Done a job for us last season and will continue to do a job for us when required for the remained of this season but he'll be out the door in the summer. Generally I've no qualms with what he said about Ramsay, just someone giving his opinion but I can understand why some don't like it.

McGlynn The Money

Agreed. Get him to ****.

3 minutes ago, B.S. said:

Football is not an ordinary business and involves the emotional side that occurs in football rivalries.  In that respect He is being incredibly disrespectful to his current employer and the supporters of the club.  I have no idea why Hearts allow it.

Wholeheartedly agree. Basically promoting  one of your competitors and probably himself in terms of becoming some sort of a cult figure with a horrible institution is definitely not acting in the best interests of his current employers. Maybe different times and an age thing but I find it disagreeable to say the least.

I think what he said was he rated Ramsay and if Rangers wanted a replacement for Patterson then Ramsay would be an option however he did suggest he should stay at Aberdeen for 2 years to get 1st team football.

3 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Great squad player. He’s a big rangers fan wipe you’re tears and get over it. Hopefully gets an extension 

Thanks Andy. 👍

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Bill Bones said:

I probably don't want his contract extended, albeit think he is an OK player. I certainly wouldn't want the club undermining Neilson though if Neilson thinls he is worth another year. 

The club has been doing really well getting the fans back on side and rebuilding a shattered relationship after 4 years of pain. There are some well liked players here extending contracts and a sense of optimism building a long term core for seasons ahead.

Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, Smith. They are players who take pride in our club and the fans have taken to all of them. We want more of the same types. If we added Moore, Cochrane, Woodburn though they’ve not set the heather alight, extended here on permanent 3 year deals? The fans would be very happy as these guys are respectful young pros with talent, whole careers ahead, carry themselves well and add value to us, they all wear the jersey with pride.

Halliday is not part of that. Imagine an extension announcement for him. “FFS Hearts”, “**** off hearts”, “get that shite bag out our club”, “he’s pish” the club has got to have their finger on the pulse of that

6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Won’t be here in July.

One can only hope. 

He was a Championship player as someone else mentioned, he's done his bit. Didn't start well this season and was dropped, used as backup but not great. He lives off having 2 good games a season and has got away with it for years. 

Looking forward to him no longer being associated with Hearts. 

Bazzas right boot

He's a  decent squad player and his contribution is undervalued on here.

He's a solid player.

Going forward he will be replaced with better.

His Rangers shite is tiresome tho.

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t wait to get rid of him and his Uber Hun pish. Wouldn’t be so bad if he was any good but he’s a below player who should be nowhere near the team. A managers favourite if they’d ever was one. 

Like Barrie McKay, He's a knowing Rangers fan doesn't scream it from the roof tops and gets on with his football and is good, The complete opposite to Halliday.