Tickets

north wales jambo

north wales jambo

Hello, my son who is 19yrs old is doing a teaching assistant job.. through a welsh government scheme apprenticeship..

I was just wondering if this allowed him to get a student ticket, he’s only on £3.80 an hour so obviously money is tight, I’ve offered to pay the train fare but he’d like to pay for his match ticket. 

I can see they do students but unsure about apprenticeships.

Thanks for any replies. 

Just now, north wales jambo said:

Hello, my son who is 19yrs old is doing a teaching assistant job.. through a welsh government scheme apprenticeship..

I was just wondering if this allowed him to get a student ticket, he’s only on £3.80 an hour so obviously money is tight, I’ve offered to pay the train fare but he’d like to pay for his match ticket. 

Thanks for any replies. 

Hi mate,

He’d definitely be alright for a student ticket, no question.

Tokyo Drifter

I think if you're coming up from Wales to watch the Famous, the club should lay out the maroon carpet and throw the ticket in for free, tbh. 

north wales jambo

😂 love coming up, the football this season in the 3 games I’ve been to has been so much better than in previous seasons. 

Just a quick note about the student tickets:

You'll have to show a valid ID at the ticket office before you can pick the tickets up. They don't, or at least they never used to, post them out until they've seen it at least once that season.  Had to do it a good few times over the years!  Unfortunately those days are over now so it's full price for me :lol:

Just in case you do end up getting them :thumbsup:

north wales jambo
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Just a quick note about the student tickets:

You'll have to show a valid ID at the ticket office before you can pick the tickets up. They don't, or at least they never used to, post them out until they've seen it at least once that season.  Had to do it a good few times over the years!  Unfortunately those days are over now so it's full price for me :lol:

Just in case you do end up getting them :thumbsup:

Thanks for info, much appreciated 

Hi north wales jambo, just wondered how you make your journeys to Edinburgh? i travel by train from Cardiff to Haymarket usually stay for 3 nights in local hotel, do you drive up or train it up mate?   Terry HHGH 

north wales jambo
8 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Hi north wales jambo, just wondered how you make your journeys to Edinburgh? i travel by train from Cardiff to Haymarket usually stay for 3 nights in local hotel, do you drive up or train it up mate?   Terry HHGH 

Drive to Warrington, £4 parking and then train up.. Long days but worth it. 

Edited  by north wales jambo 
Missed quote out

22 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I think if you're coming up from Wales to watch the Famous, the club should lay out the maroon carpet and throw the ticket in for free, tbh. 

I agree.  I hope Hearts actually do things like that from time to time.  

Would like to think the young man who was attacked in Motherwell might have bern treated to hospitality along with his mother.

1 hour ago, north wales jambo said:

Drive to Warrington, £4 parking and then train up.. Long days but worth it. 

Hi mate, yeah Warrington is one of the stops my train does hope to catch up with you sometime my next trip up is for the Celtic and Motherwell games, travel on 26th and return on 31st, 5 nights and days in Edinburgh can’t wait! HHGH Terry 

37 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Hi mate, yeah Warrington is one of the stops my train does hope to catch up with you sometime my next trip up is for the Celtic and Motherwell games, travel on 26th and return on 31st, 5 nights and days in Edinburgh can’t wait! HHGH Terry 

I hope you're rewarded with two rollicking performances and victories.  Feeling pretty confident you will be.

Really encouraged wil our squad and our attacking play this season.

And our world class goalkeeper of course.

22 hours ago, north wales jambo said:

Thanks for any replies. 

What game? I sometimes get my mitts on STs that folk from my club aren’t using. 

As an aside, anyone paying £3.80 for graft should be in the jail, even if it is a govt sponsored apprenticeship. I started on £29 a week YTS in 1989 and left after a week, went back to school and attended night school for my English O Grade to get an office job. That was shit as well, but at least I could afford a couple of pints and to watch Hearts! 

52 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

That's some commitment Terry 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

That's some commitment Terry 👍🏻

Thank you Sir Craig Gordon, it’s a labour of love for me, nothing else compares to watching Hearts at Tynecastle. Best Club with the best fans and I only wish I could come up to Edinburgh more often. HHGH 

1 hour ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Thank you Sir Craig Gordon, it’s a labour of love for me, nothing else compares to watching Hearts at Tynecastle. Best Club with the best fans and I only wish I could come up to Edinburgh more often. HHGH 

There is born and bred Hearts fans in Edinburgh that don't put that much effort in to following us. You should be proud. Just hope the results are worth the effort 🇱🇻

McGlynn The Money
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I agree.  I hope Hearts actually do things like that from time to time.  

Would like to think the young man who was attacked in Motherwell might have bern treated to hospitality along with his mother.

Why?

On 12/01/2022 at 17:41, north wales jambo said:

Thanks for any replies. 

I am always puzzled as to why you just don't ask Hearts direct. Then there would be no ambiguity at all.

12 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Why?

Because we are not Real Madrid. As a club we are way better than them.

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Because we are not Real Madrid. As a club we are way better than them.

Well said John. Absolutely shocking that  Real Madrid aren't sending freebie tickets to a Hearts fan who got in bother in Motherwell, and his mum. You tell them son.

14 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Well said John. Absolutely shocking that  Real Madrid aren't sending freebie tickets to a Hearts fan who got in bother in Motherwell, and his mum. You tell them son.

Real Madrid are all that is wrong with modern football. 

McGlynn The Money
34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Well said John, especially for not sending tickets to Hearts fans and their mums. Shame on Real Madrid.

The Ultimate Worrier
On 14/01/2022 at 14:48, McGlynn The Money said:

Well said John, especially for not sending tickets to Hearts fans and their mums. Shame on Real Madrid.

What's Real Madrid got to do with this thread?

On 15/01/2022 at 03:13, John Findlay said:

And the modern Hearts are everything that's righr with ir.  Big Hearts, the living wage, FoH.  Most posters on here celebrate that but clearly there's at least one who doesn't.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

And the modern Hearts are everything that's righr with ir.  Big Hearts, the living wage, FoH.  Most posters on here celebrate that but clearly there's at least one who doesn't.

There are many Clubs who should be taking a close look at Hearts and then they would see what can be achieved with the right approach and direction and most importantly, the connection with the fans. There is a unity that really translates to create a passionate force in our Stadium and a belief that we are a special Club in so many ways both on and off the field. 
Hearts, Hearts, Glorious Hearts!  

McGlynn The Money
20 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

What's Real Madrid got to do with this thread?

Absolutely no idea. I think it's best not knowing how the mind of @John Findlay works though...