Hearts Vs Hibs - April not on Telly ( merged )

cruzabic

I see the sky sports games have been announced up until April and the hearts Hibs game is still at 3pm on the Saturday (which is bound to change to a TV time). Anyone wise into when this may be or when these will be announced? 

I haven't missed a Derby in 10 years and would have to if it was at 3pm so praying for it to be moved.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• colinmaroon

• TyphoonJambo

• GavK1012

3 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

I see the sky sports games have been announced up until April and the hearts Hibs game is still at 3pm on the Saturday (which is bound to change to a TV time). Anyone wise into when this may be or when these will be announced? 

I haven't missed a Derby in 10 years and would have to if it was at 3pm so praying for it to be moved.

May depend.  We'll have sealed top 3 by then so will be a dead rubber for us.  It'll come down to if Hibs are already consigned to the bottom 2 by then or if they can still mathematically escape at least the play-off.

Givem that criteria, my bet is it'll be on telly.

17 hours ago, cruzabic said:

It'll be on a flippin' Sunday at Noon.

16 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Throw a sicky.

Except your boss is omnipresent so your screwed😁

18 hours ago, cruzabic said:

I think you'll be safe.  The only time we ever play Hibs at 3pm on a Saturday is in Scottish Cup final!!

Don't Sky have a guaranteed 3 Edinburgh derbies in the contract?  I mean, they have a guaranteed 4 OF games apparently, so, you'd think eh.

23 hours ago, cruzabic said:

3pm on a Saturday is the right day and time for football. Hope it stays.

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

7 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Throw a sicky.

If on the Sun then defo throw a sicky (if yer church won't miss you).

You could always do the early morning service (Matins?), or whatever the equivent is for your denomination. Or, you could live stream a service and dual task whilst at your other church ... Tynecastle.

Mind you, it's almost guaranteed that you'll be spotted on camera doing a twirlie after our 3rd goal and have some explaining to do on the Mon morning. Och, you'll figure something out.

❤❤G❤

11 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Throw a sicky.

Wasn't as difficult when I was working for companies in my previous life right enough.

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

If on the Sun then defo throw a sicky (if yer church won't miss you).

You could always do the early morning service (Matins?), or whatever the equivent is for your denomination. Or, you could live stream a service and dual task whilst at your other church ... Tynecastle.

Mind you, it's almost guaranteed that you'll be spotted on camera doing a twirlie after our 3rd goal and have some explaining to do on the Mon morning. Och, you'll figure something out.

❤❤G❤

As has been previously said, it's a problem when the Boss is omnipresent and omniscient.

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

As has been previously said, it's a problem when the Boss is omnipresent and omniscient.

I thought your boss was a Jambo😉

Is it not his job to forgive you ?

Indeed he is ...

5 minutes ago, thee jambo said:

Is it not his job to forgive you ?

A sub-conscious reference to The Old Testament?

All true Jambos have suffered ... 

The book's theme is the eternal problem of unmerited suffering, and it is named after its central character, Job, who attempts to understand the sufferings that engulf him.

On 12/01/2022 at 16:54, cruzabic said:

Game will definitely be changed to accommodate TV, Dont underestimate Hibs as they've proved over the last month they are more than capable of grinding out results where others can't or couldn't, throw in the fact that Hearts will hopefully still be firing in on all cylinders then you have a tasty Derby match on the cards. 

Be prepared for the switch. 

The Hogfather

Seems that the derby at Tynecastle won’t be on TV with Sky choosing to show the St Mirren v Rangers game on the Sunday instead. 

Can’t remember the last time we had a derby at 3pm on a Saturday in the league. 

486E260C-822B-4D45-803F-74AB7ED9AD43.jpeg

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they show it on the Saturday lunchtime instead and it's just not announced yet.

I don’t think Sky show more than one Scottish game a weekend. 

Just now, Nunya Business said:

Would make a refreshing change to have a derby at 3pm on a Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

They do it often. Us at Ibrox in a few weeks time they have Celtic on beforehand. 

I'll be amazed if the derby isn't live. 

11 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

The deal is for 48 games a season.

But they don't show that many games.

Maybe if Hearts are 2nd by then. 

10 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Think they have a quota of matches for the whole season so they have to try and drag it out. The split is when games tend to get televised quite heavily as they have plenty of the quota to fill.

Personally I'd be delighted if it stays 3pm on the Saturday. Will be a cracking day. Don't think there's been one since the 2005/06 season? 

15 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they show it on the Saturday lunchtime instead and it's just not announced yet.

Me too, but they announced the OF game in April a week or 2 ago and today's selections cover them right up to the split.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Think they have a quota of matches for the whole season so they have to try and drag it out. The split is when games tend to get televised quite heavily as they have plenty of the quota to fill.

Personally I'd be delighted if it stays 3pm on the Saturday. Will be a cracking day. Don't think there's been one since the 2005/06 season? 

19-05-12 😜

42 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Would make a refreshing change to have a derby at 3pm on a Saturday. 

Would! FTOF & SKY!

Wouldn't be suprised if they move it to something silly like a Thursday or a Monday.

EPL fixture list looks fairly strong that weekend.

Lets hope the juanks dont change their minds !"

3pm on a saturday v the wee team....fabulous !!!

:greggy:

Great news for us obviously but this shows the contempt sky have for Scottish Football, 2nd biggest rivalry in the country with potential ramifications for 3rd place & they're not putting it on the tele. SPFL need to negotiate a better deal at the end of this contract because this is tinpot af.

2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Great news for us obviously but this shows the contempt sky have for Scottish Football, 2nd biggest rivalry in the country with potential ramifications for 3rd place & they're not putting it on the tele. SPFL need to negotiate a better deal at the end of this contract because this is tinpot af.

They'll be showing some Women's Super League pish instead, no doubt.

Bazzas right boot

Good for the fans. 

But while English football has all manner of nonesense games on TV the Scottish capital city derby is at best an after thought at worse ignored. 

I ****ing hate sky 

Doncaster and all the diddy clubs scrambling for the OF crumbs can gtf as well. 

All arseholes. 

kettering jam tart

Sky Sports have picked St mirren V Rangers for April the 10th. Have sky only got one game left at tynecastle? Thought it was 4 homes per team, if that’s the case the hibs game will be 3pm Saturday game.

30 minutes ago, kettering jam tart said:

Sky Sports have picked St mirren V Rangers for April the 10th. Have sky only got one game left at tynecastle? Thought it was 4 homes per team, if that’s the case the hibs game will be 3pm Saturday game.

Celtic on Wednesday is our 4th game. Not likely that the game will be moved unless that agreement gets changed.

Montgomery Brewster
5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good for the fans. 

But while English football has all manner of nonesense games on TV the Scottish capital city derby is at best an after thought at worse ignored. 

I ****ing hate sky 

Doncaster and all the diddy clubs scrambling for the OF crumbs can gtf as well. 

All arseholes. 

Doncaster is a useless ***** and should have been emptied years ago. In the same mould as the erse at the sfa who got emptied regan 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clubs not SPFL demanded that only 4 games could be shown from one team's home ground. 

Our 4th is next Wednesday, not sure they can even show one post split from Tynecastle. 

Cup ties of course separate 

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Clubs not SPFL demanded that only 4 games could be shown from one team's home ground. 

Our 4th is next Wednesday, not sure they can even show one post split from Tynecastle. 

Cup ties of course separate 

That 4 per ground thing was binned years ago when the number of games increased.  

5 hours ago, kettering jam tart said:

They can show more than 4 I think 

7 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

The current deal is for 48 games per season, so there's definitely more than one shown sometimes! Does seem slightly odd they'd announce one game they're showing on a weekend but not mention another at the same time though!  I guess it's possible they want to leave it till nearer the time to decide whether they think it'll have enough at stake or if they want to save their coverage for some other fixture. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

That 4 per ground thing was binned years ago when the number of games increased.  

They seem to have stuck by it fairly well then. They would be at Ibrox every week without restrictions. I stand by my assertion 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The current deal is for 48 games per season, so there's definitely more than one shown sometimes! Does seem slightly odd they'd announce one game they're showing on a weekend but not mention another at the same time though!  I guess it's possible they want to leave it till nearer the time to decide whether they think it'll have enough at stake or if they want to save their coverage for some other fixture. 

This season shown three on first weekend and 3 in late November midweek programme. Also two off New Year's card. Double header early on in the season as well, but games escape me now 

39 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

They can show more than 4 I think 

Never used to be allowed to. BT always got one or two big games. Maybe Sky’s contract has changed since BT withdrew but it’s not looking like it has.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts Vs Hibs - April not on Telly
  • 3 weeks later...

According to Barry Anderson Sky are deciding whether to show Hearts v Hibs or hold off for Hearts v Rangers post split as they can only do one more game at Tynecastle this season.  

3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

According to Barry Anderson Sky are deciding whether to show Hearts v Hibs or hold off for Hearts v Rangers post split as they can only do one more game at Tynecastle this season.  

Let me guess…

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts Vs Hibs - April not on Telly ( merged )