Life works strangely.

Sharpie

Over the last few days as a result of the minus twenty two temperatures and snow and ice my garage door a couple of times stuck to the ice and went up after being held with quite a jerk. The problem was when I pressed the down switch on the remote it would stop about a foot from the ground. I have been feeling good for the last couple of weeks motivated, and back to getting things done. Today its a bit warmer only two below, so out into the cold garage I go. ladder at the high port in Guards language and up and check the buttons. One says down force, so I gave it a gentle turn, raised the door pressed the down switch and a perfect closure. 

In the past I would tell Esther I had fixed the problem and she would tell me she was proud of me, I really miss that, I would have got one today, I have been feeling so good, tackled a problem successfully, and what does life do, throws me a curve and gives me a memory nudge. Well "life" go have a sexual experience with yourself because I am a'right now.

Edited by Sharpie

Byyy The Light
52 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Over the last few days as a result of the minus twenty two temperatures and snow and ice my garage door a couple of times stuck to the ice and went up after being held with quite a jerk. The problem was when I pressed the down switch on the remote it would stop about a foot from the ground. I have been feeling good for the last couple of weeks motivated, and back to getting things done. Today its a bit warmer only two below, so out into the cold garage I go. ladder at the high port in Guards language and up and check the buttons. One says down force, so I gave it a gentle turn, raised the door pressed the down switch and a perfect closure. 

In the past I would tell Esther I had fixed the problem and she would tell me she was proud of me, I really miss that, I would have got one today, I have been feeling so good, tackled a problem successfully, and what does life do, throws me a curve and gives me a memory nudge. Well "life" go have a sexual experience with yourself because I am a'right now.

Class 👏🏼👏🏼 Oan yersel Sharpie

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Ah but did you remember to take the "garbage" out?

Religiously, most of it is home cooked anyway.

6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

:greggy:  :icon14:

In direct contrast, on Sunday I attempted what should have been a pretty simple plumbing job - replacing the washers on the hot taps in our main bathroom, all of which had stopped working over a 2-3 week period - and made a complete arse of it*!  :facepalm:  Had to get a real plumber, who knew w.t.f. he was doing, to sort it out.

It's fair to say my girlfriend was not in the least bit proud of me, but then again I've never claimed to be a plumber / handyman / DIYer and should have followed my first instinct which was to get a professional in to do it. I shall in future.

(*To add injury to insult, I also stabbed the top of my left middle finger with a surprisingly sharp screwdriver, and then bled quite a lot. :ermm:)

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Well done you……..now because of all the snow and ice over your way, I recommend ice grips, advertised by Jack & Victor and ably demonstrated in still game:

1F796D5A-8D28-43BF-BD2E-0DAF2AF76AB3.jpeg

7 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Well done you……..now because of all the snow and ice over your way, I recommend ice grips, advertised by Jack & Victor and ably demonstrated in still game:

1F796D5A-8D28-43BF-BD2E-0DAF2AF76AB3.jpeg

Thats a good suggestion, went out for a walk yesterday but had to cut it a half mile short, usually do a mile and a half, but it was so hard on the hips making sure I planted my feet safely because any lack of care and you were on your ass as per the picture.

On 11/01/2022 at 18:30, Sharpie said:

You look after yersel. And don't ever go up a ladder again without asking a neighbour to foot it(Even the bible basher) or I'll jump on plane and give you a piece of my mind. 😡 

:)