Halkett signs new deal

Naisys Tackle

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Excellent news.

With the two Craig's now signed we have a solid platform to build around.

Our defence is as strong as the Old Salisbury Craigs

Good stuff. The key one to make sure we kept (after Gordon) IMO. 

Hopefully Kingsley next. Not so fussy about Haring as he is not first choice anymore and we could use his wage for something else 

Ford Prentice

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We want to keep our best players at the club so that we can continue to progress, and Craig has been a big part of our journey so far.

“It was, therefore, a no brainer to make him an offer and I’m really happy that there was a keenness from all sides to get it done.

“It’s great news ahead of our return to action, and I’m hopeful that we’ll have even more good news in the coming days.

He's such a tease....

Very important signature, critical to have a nucleus of a team, if we continue to improve then at worst Craig will be a brilliant squad player but feel he is going to continue to improve.

Pasquale for King

He has been better this season and will need to keep improving, especially his decision making.
Our defence needs to be stronger though as not to be relying on Gordon as much.  

Fire_At_The_Disco

Well done Craig, bring on the next week or so, got a feeling we will be in a very strong position come end of the month. 

Byyy The Light
41 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Good stuff. The key one to make sure we kept (after Gordon) IMO. 

Hopefully Kingsley next. Not so fussy about Haring as he is not first choice anymore and we could use his wage for something else 

It's good to have consistency Jimmy.  Something we've not had in donkeys is a settled squad.  I'd like Haring to sign as he'd walk in to most teams starting line ups in this league.  If he's not first choice for us it just means we've got a decent squad.

given the positive vibes on here am I right in assuming he's currently thin.?

our only player two bad games away from being a fatso 😆

good bit of business by the club - as with many defenders, looks so much better with a decent keeper behind him and decent players alongside him.

best in the land

Hopefully Kingsley soon and a quality signing to replace Souttar. 

Would like to keep haring as well if possible. 

2 new decent strikers in and tie up europe and third. 

2 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Hopefully Kingsley soon and a quality signing to replace Souttar. 

Would like to keep haring as well if possible. 

2 new decent strikers in and tie up europe and third. 

I think Halkett and Kingsley are a great foundation.

Halkett had been the rock in the middle. And somehow Kingsley is always available for a pass and knows how to get the ball forward. 

Good start.

A_A wehatethehibs
47 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Well done Craig for a well deserved new contract  

Me personally, I had severe doubts about him being good enough going into this season, not just about him, but about half a dozen others who i questioned whether they were good enough for Hearts to sustain a challenge for 3rd, and take the club forward. 

The coaches have laid down the gauntlet to Craig, implemented the back 3, essentially built the team around him if you look at it. He’s a lynchpin, absolutely key to the plans. He’s done that himself through raising his standards, he’s a credit to himself. He came back in the summer in top level condition and has not looked back.

Love seeing a player come back from set backs and answer his critics of which I was a big one. Well done Craig 

best in the land
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Halkett and Kingsley are a great foundation.

Halkett had been the rock in the middle. And somehow Kingsley is always available for a pass and knows how to get the ball forward. 

Good start.

Good to keep as much consistency in defence as possible. So many changes in squad in recent years isn't good. Kingsley been good this season

best in the land

Would be tempted to play moore in place of souttar even if he stays till end of the season if moore is a possible replacement. 

Not really seen him there enough. 

He's perfect in the middle of the three, other than a few lapses in concentration. He can get relaxed when we're on top and dominating which is his only downfall but he's working on it.

Love me a defender who'll stick his head on anything.

Good stuff. We need continuity and beyond that he’s been really good this season and entirely deserving of an extension! 

Pleased for him and the club! 

Brilliant news the big man has signed a new contract . Future captain. I would imagine he will take over being the VC when Souttar departs.

Great stuff. He has improved big time this season after a indifferent start to his Hearts career. Seems to be following a similar path to Zal in terms of his improvement and consistency. If he can up his game even further and continue his improvement then there is no reason he can’t push for a Scotland cap as well. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Great stuff. I've not been kind to him at times over the last couple of years but he's been outstanding this season. Deserves praise now and the extension. Reckon he could kick on even more too.