What's your most treasured Hearts possession?

Jambos_1874

51 Shirts -Moments in Time
23 hours ago, jdl2002 said:

I have a squad signed Eamonn Bannon testimonial strip lying in a drawer. Presented by the man himself at a testimonial function. 

Superb. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

• Canscot

23 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Got a couple of things:

Match worn Neil Berry testimonial shirt. The pink tartan one. Don't know who wore it, has number 15 on the back I think. 

Match worn home shirt, Miguel Pallardo season 15/16, my uncle workes with Jamie Walker's brother or something at the time so he handed it in for me and it's signed by the whole team. Currently in a frame in my Dad's office. Ownership is disputed lol. 

Scotland shirt worn by Darren Jackson c. 1995/6 (the tartan one, number 9 on the back). I'm sure he played for Hibs at the time but was a family friend and gave us a Scotland shirt knowing we wouldn't be interested in a Hibs one lol). Used to be pinned to my bedroom wall but will be in my folks loft. 

Antti Niemi's gloves from a friendly match we played at Livi about 1998/9. I was ballboy for Livi then and was behind his goal for that game; asked for his top at the end but he said he couldn't (I now know clubs generally only have one set of strips for friendlies/reserves) and gave me his gloves instead. They were mockit and me and my brother used to wear them to play football, so they'll be long gone. 

And not Hearts related but I randomly have a bag of Barry Ferguson's Blackburn Rovers training gear. There's actually loads in it Inc trainers haha, again nae idea where it is but probably in my parents loft as well.

Got my 98, 2012 cup final tickets. Got my wee boy's first match ticket. Kept his first strip, stuff like that.

Great items. Especially Berry Testimonial shirt.

21 hours ago, chefjambo1 said:

Robbo’s home shirt from the red star game . First hearts strip with squad numbers 

class, what a shirt

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You have to make sure the photo is under 1mb to upload it on here. 

Thanks Dave

11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I have tried to download a photo on here but it comes up server error. 🤷‍♂️
If you PM me your mobile number or email address I will forward the photo to you.

You have to reduce the size of the photo to less than 1mb before it will load on kickback.

28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You have to reduce the size of the photo to less than 1mb before it will load on kickback.

Cheers

The ticket stub and match program from the 1998 Cup Final.  I have no idea how they survived a 4 day drinking session but they did.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Or take the photo from further away! 

:jambobanana:

Hearts ball signed by the 2006 cup final team (& Vlad :lol:)

edit: Also have a signed 2008/2009 top someone gave to me, doesn't seem to have been signed by that team though, can make out Lafferty, Smith, Callaghan & Milinkovic on it.

Edited by boag1874

23 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve got a few wee bits and bobs I wouldn’t part with but oddly the bit I’m proudest of is my totally worthless share certificate from when Vlad left us totally in the shit and it looked doomed. Loads of us bought them, and most knew they were utterly worthless and money that would never be seen again. A reminder of supporting the club when it needed it most. Not that my girlfriend saw it that way when she discovered I’d given my bank account a kicking that left me skint for a month. 

I've got them too mate !😄

Alex MacDonald

IMG_9179.JPG.71c308106d7903d7821cfbc540879a04.JPG

Wasn't alive to experience that glorious season but was given the pennant by my 70's hero Donald Ford, who lived next door to my cousins in Linlithgow.

My two most treasured Hearts possessions are the Black 3rd Shirt which is absolutely stunning and beautiful and my pin badge which shows our beautiful Club emblem with the word OWNER underneath, the black shirt is a real head turner and conversation starter when I wear it here in Cardiff! HHGH

Maroon ♥️ Army! 

After watching every final from the one in 1968 with my late brother, no matter what part of the world ether of us were in at the time, my most treasured Hearts possession is the memory I have of watching the cup final with him in 1998. Nothing else comes close. 

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

After watching every final from the one in 1968 with my late brother, no matter what part of the world ether of us were in at the time, my most treasured Hearts possession is the memory I have of watching the cup final with him in 1998. Nothing else comes close. 

1998 was certainly a special final for people in different ways.

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

1998 was certainly a special final for people in different ways.

Yep, and like myself, I'm sure many will think about all the different friends that took part in their journey with Hearts throughout the years. So many different people, so many wonderful memories ☺️

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, niblick1874 said:

Yep, and like myself, I'm sure many will think about all the different friends that took part in their journey with Hearts throughout the years. So many different people, so many wonderful memories ☺️

👍

On 09/01/2022 at 17:05, Morgan said:

A pin badge my grandfather wore to the 1956 Scottish Cup Final. 

A signed menu from a meal I had with Wallace Mercer.  I'd also had a meal with him when I was just a wee boy, but he wasn't 'famous' then!

A Christmas card from Robbo.

Photos with Wallace Mercer, Robbo, JC and Craig Levein in Munich.

An invite to Jim Cruickshank's birthday party in his house.

A photo of my wife dancing with Dave McPherson.

Met Dave on new years day, was looking well, though said he was rough.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Met Dave on new years day, was looking well, though said he was rough.

I’m glad to hear that Big Slim is doing well.  He’s a good lad who my wife and I have had many drinks with!

I hope you’re doing ok yourself?

A belated Happy New Year to you.  👍🍺

40 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’m glad to hear that Big Slim is doing well.  He’s a good lad who my wife and I have had many drinks with!

I hope you’re doing ok yourself?

A belated Happy New Year to you.  👍🍺

Aye all good. HNY to the Morgan Family.

I don't have much, but the top two are unquestionably the  FoH top with the names on it and this, bought outside Tynecastle in 2012

image.png.3a18cc492266b308025d5bf61e560170.png

queensferryjambo

I have a lot of Hearts memorabilia including 300 (ish) match worn shirts, but my most treasured Hearts possession I have is a glass tankard given to me for my 21st birthday by my Gran and Grandad (who sadly are no longer with us anymore) with my name and the old Hearts badge etched on one side and a picture of Tynecastle Park (as it was circa 1992) on the back.  

Got a proper print of the photo that was in the Evening News of Stephane Adam celebrating, after scoring his goal in the final. Managed to get him to sign it after a warm up prior to a match at Tynie. Now framed and a prize possession, along with my yellow replica hearts top signed by Robbo !

I bought a programme from the 1956 Scottish Cup Final signed by Freddie Glidden on ebay about 15 years ago.  Kept safe and sound.

Craig Herbertson
On 10/01/2022 at 17:23, niblick1874 said:

🖕

Freaky Dancer

Got a few signed jerseys over the years, from Phil Stamp to Andy Webster! Love my signed photo of Sir Paul "Hatrick" Hartley giving it the 3 finger salute in the semi final at Hampden. The most prized now though has to be my Dads Scarf & FOH badge as he sadly died last year on the 30th August 😢 

A segment of the old flagpole plus a framed 1956 programme + ticket (from my passed uncle Andy).

Had to varnish the wood but should have used The Repair Shop truth be told.

15 hours ago, Craig Herbertson said:

🖕

I'm thinking you thought that was a thumb 😄

2 hours ago, Craig Herbertson said:

In the end it all comes down to who you were with and where you were.

Indeed, it’s more than just football. 

Davie Weirs spare strip for 98 cup final....its huge. Also have an autograph book from the late 50s with all the signatures from the Hearts squad.

I have a Hearts cushion with badges attached, a golden stripped Centenary Scarf. Around 20 programmes pre 80's, League and SCF along with others all handed down to Me.. A few Hearts related books .

The greatest gift i was ever grasped and held tight in my life was to possess the Heart for it.

6 hours ago, cookieboy said:

my match worn signed John Souttar shirt :berra:

I'm raging because I have 2 shirts with Souttar on the back which are going to have to live in the cupboard forever :lol:

They were bought with the intent of winding up the Dundee United fans I played 5s with.  At least I got a good few years of use out of them! 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I'm raging because I have 2 shirts with Souttar on the back which are going to have to live in the cupboard forever :lol:

They were bought with the intent of winding up the Dundee United fans I played 5s with.  At least I got a good few years of use out of them! 

I dunno about that. They could come in handy.

If you rip off an S,T A and an R, you can keep them for a, "Neilson and Budge out" campaign in the future.

think-smart.gif

Edited by Cruyff

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I dunno about that. They could come in handy.

If you rip off an S,T A and an R, you can keep them for a, "Neilson and Budge out" campaign in the future.

think-smart.gif

One of them is an older shirt, with Souttar 24 on the back. 

Perfect for a Someone Out 2024 Campaign.  I'll get on it in 2 years time :lol:

Edited by tian447

Ford Prentice

I was very, very proud of a photo from my plot ceremony in which I receive my certificate from one of our top players. Had it as my screensaver.

Now it's just an embarrassing photo of me with Ratsnakehun Souttar.

7 hours ago, tian447 said:

One of them is an older shirt, with Souttar 24 on the back. 

Perfect for a Someone Out 2024 Campaign.  I'll get on it in 2 years time :lol:

:lol: 

I have a few rarities. 

My first Hearts game programme v Partick Thistle in 94/95. 

My Grandads Hearts scarf which is a plain Maroon wool scarf. It's probably 80yr old at least. 

Our 1956 forward line Gilzean print. 

A signed A3 picture of Robbo. 

2006 cup final programme signed by Dave Mackay. 

On 09/01/2022 at 18:39, loveofthegame said:

My Grandads 1954 league cup winners medal, Hearts 4 Motherwell 2.

Curious to know your Grandads name

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

Curious to know your Grandads name

Unless it is a directors medal it has to one of these Hearts heroes -

Oh and it can't be Dave Mackay's as his medal was sadly stolen from a private collector years ago. I am also sure Jimmy Wardhaugh's medals are in Chambers Street Museum as well.

GK   Willie Duff
FB   Bobby Parker
FB   Tam McKenzie
RH   Dave Mackay
CH   Freddie Glidden
LH   John Cumming
RW   Jim Souness
IF   Alfie Conn
CF   Willie Bauld
IF   Jimmy Wardhaugh
LW   Johnny Urquhart
Manager:
Tommy Walker
Edited by queensferryjambo

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Unless it is a directors medal it has to one of these Hearts heroes -

Oh and it can't be Dave Mackay's as his medal was sadly stolen from a private collector years ago.

GK   Willie Duff
FB   Bobby Parker
FB   Tam McKenzie
RH   Dave Mackay
CH   Freddie Glidden
LH   John Cumming
RW   Jim Souness
IF   Alfie Conn
CF   Willie Bauld
IF   Jimmy Wardhaugh
LW   Johnny Urquhart
Manager:
Tommy Walker

Jim Souness i was watching some highlights last week with Jim playing, i was told that he is related to Graeme James Souness. Any truth in it, Jim was an outstanding footballer by all accounts. I am curious to know seeing as a fellow kickbacker has a relative in that side. Would maybe of been part of the 1960 squad as well.