What's your most treasured Hearts possession?

Jambos_1874

I’ve got a few wee bits and bobs I wouldn’t part with but oddly the bit I’m proudest of is my totally worthless share certificate from when Vlad left us totally in the shit and it looked doomed. Loads of us bought them, and most knew they were utterly worthless and money that would never be seen again. A reminder of supporting the club when it needed it most. Not that my girlfriend saw it that way when she discovered I’d given my bank account a kicking that left me skint for a month. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

• Canscot

18 minutes ago, Ked said:

Lillywhites?

You still with the hibby?

No.

Split up when we were 16.

I’ve got a fair bit,but I’ve got a turnstile from the old stand,and a window emblazoned with the Haymarket clock from the boardroom.

Dennis Reynolds

Signed 2012 cup final program.

Have a signed ball from around 97/98. It's in pretty bad nick though. Can't bring myself to throw it out though even though the wife keeps trying.

I've got Robbie's shirt from 2006 final framed on the wall. 

But my 98 cup final ticket and programme are probably the prized-possessions. 

And I got a lovely maroon, white and navy "girondins de bordeaux" scarf which I'm quite attached to. 

weegie jambo
5 hours ago, Squirt said:

I’ve got 3 shirts signed by the full squads of different years, although sadly it’s all squads of the last few years and there aren’t many players we’ve had that recently whose signature I’m delighted to have 😂

Got loads of wee photos from hospitality in the Gorgie that I’ve had signed by any players and staff who’ve been in.

My favourite is my framed 2012 cup final piece, which has the programme, a picture of rudi shooshing the vermin, signed by the man himself, and another of Danny Grainger sliding after his pen. Massive frame that the wife has made me put in the bathroom! 

Second favourite is probably my cup final ticket, which is still in perfect nick and hopefully when I’m ancient will be a cool wee thing to pass on.

This is almost the same as my memorabilia. I have a signed 2015 strip and an old Ajax/Texaco Cup strip signed by the 2017 squad. I was in corporate hospitality in 2012 and have my programme, laminate badges and team sheet (which was handed to me by Gary Mackay)

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Robbo’s shirt he wore at Neil Berry’s testimonial against Lyon

Hi, 

Do you have a photograph of this please.

I have seen 2 different versions of embroidery on these shirts and would love to see what is on your one.

A pin badge my grandfather wore to the 1956 Scottish Cup Final. 

A signed menu from a meal I had with Wallace Mercer.  I'd also had a meal with him when I was just a wee boy, but he wasn't 'famous' then!

A Christmas card from Robbo.

Photos with Wallace Mercer, Robbo, JC and Craig Levein in Munich.

An invite to Jim Cruickshank's birthday party in his house.

A photo of my wife dancing with Dave McPherson.

Savage Vince
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve got a few wee bits and bobs I wouldn’t part with but oddly the bit I’m proudest of is my totally worthless share certificate from when Vlad left us totally in the shit and it looked doomed. Loads of us bought them, and most knew they were utterly worthless and money that would never be seen again. A reminder of supporting the club when it needed it most. Not that my girlfriend saw it that way when she discovered I’d given my bank account a kicking that left me skint for a month. 

You should be absolutely proud of that, you legend. 😎

I'm proud of mine too. 😊

I have my commemorative FOH shirt with all our names on it plus two bricks from the old stand that my nephew brought over for me (special delivery as he is a pilot with B.A. 👍). Anyone have any suggestions what to do/ how to display them? They are just sitting in the garage gathering dust and I fear when I go tits up my kids will just throw them out not knowing their significance to me😂

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My hibs and Hearts half n half scarf. 

One of a kind. 

Some folk will probably take you as being serious!

🙄

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Some folk will probably take you as being serious!

🙄

Aye, the ones that likely have a rangers/ Hearts half n' half might be triggered. 

😎

Maybe I am serious.. 🙃

John Findlay

Kevin McHattie's shirt from the relegation Derby of 30/03/14.

Framed and hanging up in my youngest son's bedroom here in my flat.

FERRY HEARTS

Mines is an old club tie not sure the year ?

Maroon with pencil thin white stripes with the old crest on it . I aquired it of older brother ( he doesn’t know yet 😬 Hope he ain’t reading this !  It lay in a cupboard in mother’s house for some 20 yr without moving . Thought it was a relic and wore to st Mirren Hospitality in November feeling pretty dapper But noticed a couple guys I know had same tie on at Dundee Utd hospitality few weeks previous ( is it sold in club shop ?  I tried downloading a photo but I’m no very Tecno 

Jambo_jim2001
4 hours ago, Deevers said:

Belonged to a relative of my late father in law. Went of to War with the Dandy   Ninth and didn’t survive.   Only three stubs out of the book. 

B60F4044-01DA-4E1F-80A9-F681DAD6560E.jpeg

Man that is so sad,kinda brings home the reality of life and football.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

£1m raised in about a month. We all knew we would have no financial return but it was an astonishing response to an appeal by a discredited regime. Without that cash input I doubt we would have survived that season. But it kept us going until Ann and FOH were in a position to save us. Alex Mackay's advice not to participate could, if listened to, have killed the club.  

SomethingAboutObua

2012 cup final ticket? Fully expect in 25 years that'll be one of those "everyone says they were there" matches so it's nice to have that proof 

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

I have my commemorative FOH shirt with all our names on it plus two bricks from the old stand that my nephew brought over for me (special delivery as he is a pilot with B.A. 👍). Anyone have any suggestions what to do/ how to display them? They are just sitting in the garage gathering dust and I fear when I go tits up my kids will just throw them out not knowing their significance to me😂

8B3DCC81-9AA7-4453-8A04-4ED56287DDBA.thumb.jpeg.e105b88c741be52b998cc00c49571558.jpeg

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

This pennant has had only two owners. Henry Smith and myself.

IMG_20220109_182519_resized_20220109_064326194.jpg

IMG_20220109_182553_resized_20220109_064325680.jpg

Don't remember seeing the badge in the first one. The castle in it is similar to that on the Royal High School badge. The Union Jack on the second will offend a few on here.

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Don't remember seeing the badge in the first one. The castle in it is similar to that on the Royal High School badge. The Union Jack on the second will offend a few on here.

Sorry Edinburgh coat of arms of course. As on the Hibs badge.

I have a 1970/71 signed match ball with all players signatures delivered to my house by Donald Ford and Wilson Wood. Never blown up this ball. Lots of greats signed it such as the aforementioned Donald Ford, plus Alan Anderson, Jim Cruikshank's and all from that era. My big sister who had moved to London and contacted HMFC to advise them I was Heart's Daft and what could they do to make my day. They told her to send in a cheque for x amount and the above duly happened.

I also have a 1956 Scottish cup winners silk tie and scarf given to me by a long deceased Aunt.

I offered all of the above to the Hearts Museum and they were happy to take them, but advised if they no longer require them, I would not get them returned. Disappointing to say the least!

Juwon Oshaniwa match worn boots. Size 6.5 with a Nigerian flag on the side. 
Great on the shelve and a must for any true hearts fan 👌

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Good to see you’ve the good taste to have a Telecaster Dave. 

I’m a Fender man. One tele and two strats. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Nice one. What did you too with the window?

Dave your avatar is similar to the badges on my scarf.

13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Dave your avatar is similar to the badges on my scarf.

That’s the badges on the scarf my did gave me after my first time at Tynecastle in 1965. He said he wore it at the cup final in 56. 

DF72A22B-F3CF-419B-8F3F-B25E1329F478.jpeg

6 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hi, 

Do you have a photograph of this please.

I have seen 2 different versions of embroidery on these shirts and would love to see what is on your one.

I have tried to download a photo on here but it comes up server error. 🤷‍♂️
If you PM me your mobile number or email address I will forward the photo to you.

4 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

My Grandads 1954 league cup winners medal, Hearts 4 Motherwell 2.

That was the start of our Golden Era! What a treasure!

A share certificate following Vlad's departure, though I don't know where I've put it. And 4 bucket seats from the old south enclosure.

queensferryjambo
50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If you PM me your mobile number or email address I will forward the photo to you.

Hi,

I tried PMing you but your mailbox is full. If you want to email me that would be great. My email is [email protected]  

9 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hi,

I tried PMing you but your mailbox is full. If you want to email me that would be great. My email is [email protected]  

Just emailed the photo of Robbo’s shirt to you.

My son caddied for Robbo at a charity golf event at Liberton a few years ago.

Robbo shot a scratch 65 and won - he gave my son the shirt and £50!

queensferryjambo
14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Just emailed the photo of Robbo’s shirt to you.

My son caddied for Robbo at a charity golf event at Liberton a few years ago.

Robbo shot a scratch 65 and won - he gave my son the shirt and £50!

That is a great story, thanks very much for the photo. 

Glad Robbo was so cool to your son.

01st >> My Dads Hearts scarf , sadly passed away in 1974 ❤️

Wallace Mercer signed program from Dukla Prague in 86 ( well more like a pamphlet )

Hearts scarf that Julian Brellier threw from the open top bus parade , about 50 meters up from the green tree, was a great catch  ( never been washed , someone's highlight will be handing it to him !!)

Gilzean sketch of the Hearts terrible trio 1956 cup win, handed down from grandfather 

Gold watch given to my Granny (Gorgie Winnie) by Tommy Walker in 1962 as recognition of her service to Hearts for many, many years.

I also have a maroon and white polka dot, silk Hearts scarf worn by my father, his father, me and now my son who is 43.

Edited by bobskeldon

I still have my ticket from my first ever game that I went to in 2005 with my Grandad. Now that my grandad has passed, it may only be a piece of paper but it's sentimental value priceless to me. 

I also have a signed Paul Hartley top which I love. 

I also have a program signed by Rudi from the Scottish cup final which I have framed. 

Not my most treasured but a bit unique I have a slice of the old wooden tynecaatle flag pole which stood beside the main stand. Must have been cut down in the late 80s early 90s as my grandad got it for me as his pal was doing the job and he died in 93.

Used to have loads of newspaper clippings etc but they seem to have disappeared in various house moves (Wife denies everything!)  So basically I have my memories.  Forums like this are great at rolling out memorabilia, I especially love the old pics thread.  Magic.  

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s the badges on the scarf my did gave me after my first time at Tynecastle in 1965. He said he wore it at the cup final in 56. 

DF72A22B-F3CF-419B-8F3F-B25E1329F478.jpeg

That’s the one I’ve got.

Cheers Dave.

10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

You have to make sure the photo is under 1mb to upload it on here. 

On 09/01/2022 at 09:14, Bull's-eye said:

I was flying back to Heathrow after the game, it was a 2-0 win so I'd had a few celebratory scoops 😉

I was in Row 2 and the Duchess was sat on her own in Row 1, being a kind sort I asked her if I could buy her a drink which she politely refused so I went for the big one and asked her if she'd sign my program, which she happily did. She asked me my name and wrote "To Allan   Hearts rule" beside the signature 😎

I'll see if I can find it later and pop a picture on.

class :lol: