What's your most treasured Hearts possession?

Jambos_1874

As the title says. I don't really have much in the way of Hearts memorabilia but have a Hearts ball signed by most of the '98 squad and an old program from my first game, both of which are fairly treasured possessions. Would love to (legally!) get my hands on one of our league flags from one of the rare occasions we won the league.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

• Canscot

My dad joined me up to the Teviot Hearts Supporters Club on my 8th birthday.  I think it was mainly Royal Infirmary employees.

I still have the metal membership badge and it is my lucky charm and my proudest possession.

I'll get my daughter to post a photo of it on here.

gordon simpson

my sister bought me the Hearts whisky and glasses in presentation case after we beat hibs , still intact till we win it again 

The '98 cup parade I got a Hearts tartan scarf that was thrown from the bus. Unbelievable piece of memorabilia to have. 

Downside to the story is I gave it to the other half to wear when she started coming to games with me....she's now my ex, and I never had the heart to ask for the scarf back, so now she has the most unbelievable piece of memorabilia :(

Dagger Is Back

A signed photo of me and my lad when we sponsored Robbo at a Hearts legends v Orwell charity match.

50 odd years old and I could barely speak in the presence of the legend.

What a man

Wouldn't say I've got anything totally out there, but often its the wee things I treasure most. Plenty old programmes in storage including the 5-1 final and stuff which will always be treasured. Also bought all the newspapers from the Sunday and the Monday to keep with it. 

Got a signed top from 2000-01 in a bag somewhere too. Not sure who half the players are on it but when I'm finally in a long-term house, I'd love to get that framed and put up. My uncle found it working on a loft clear out so **** knows the story behind it.

Got the Gretna Final official team sheet, signed by Craig Gordon & Craig Levein.

Got a 5-1 photo book signed by Rudi.

Got a Home program v Aberdeen signed by The Duchess of York.

Got a signed photo of Pinilla.

Got a few Balls and 4 Shirts signed but the 4 above are my favourites.

Some weird Shit eh  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Bull's-eye

I have this match box cover that was apparently given to the players after J.Wilson's testimonial game 100 years ago.

Someone gave it to my Dad years ago. Had completely forgotten about it until i saw this thread.

Doubt it's worth much to anyone but it's pretty cool given the age.

Screenshot_20220109-084410_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-084522_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-084513_Gallery.jpg

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I have this match box cover that was apparently given to the players after J.Wilson's testimonial game 100 years ago.

Someone gave it to my Dad years ago. Had completely forgotten about it until i saw this thread.

Doubt it's worth much to anyone but it's pretty cool given the age.

Screenshot_20220109-084410_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-084522_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-084513_Gallery.jpg

Nice item. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

My copy of the programme from the league game, the week after we won the 1956 cup final. It has a lot of photos from the cup final. It was my dad's. Sadly, he lost his cup final programme.

Hungry hippo
30 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Got the Gretna Final official team sheet, signed by Craig Gordon & Craig Levein.

Got a 5-1 photo book signed by Rudi.

Got a Home program v Aberdeen signed by The Duchess of York.

Got a signed photo of Pinilla.

Got a few Balls and 4 Shirts signed but the 4 above are my favourites.

Some weird Shit eh  🤣🤣🤣🤣

What were the circumstances that led to the Duchess of York signing a Hearts v Aberdeen programme?

A Hearts scarf my girlfriend stole for me in that sports shop in Princes' Street (don't recall it's name of the top of my head) in the summer of 1982.

She was my first love, aged 14, and she was a Hibby.

Horizontal maroon/white/maroon with HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN in maroon across the white bit (long since faded).

Not exactly Mills and Boon but that's love. ❤ 

Edit: Thompsons?

Edited by martoon

Nothing exciting but I still have my very 1st Hearts Maroon and White bar scarf along with sewn on badges I have had for over 30 years, pretty tattie nowadays but it’s special to me 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

millerjames398

Probably my commemorative robbo framed picture, of him taking his record breaking penalty v rangers, a maroon background, and the picture of him in gold, with a list of all the teams he'd scored against, down either side of the picture,, think there was one made, for every lge goal he scored, with a certificate on the back, got a few hearts pictures i love, but thats my most treasured🇱🇻 

For me it's the scarf my dad bought me on the way to my first game in 1994. Wore it to every game for years, and now save it for cup finals for luck 

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

As the title says. I don't really have much in the way of Hearts memorabilia but have a Hearts ball signed by most of the '98 squad and an old program from my first game, both of which are fairly treasured possessions. Would love to (legally!) get my hands on one of our league flags from one of the rare occasions we won the league.

Got the 1956 cup final programme, framed in my bedroom.

Probably my first Hearts scarf from the early 80s. Have a few signed shirts from over the years but you only get your first scarf once! Also have a very old Hearts scarf inherited from my dad (maybe from his dad) that never gets worn.

Was going to inherit a hardback book about Hearts from the 1950s (black cover, not sure if it lost the outer cover at some point or whether it ever had one). Was signed by lots of the team, don't recall if it was 50s cup or league-winning team. But dad got a gambling problem and sold it to someone for a pittance a few years before he passed. 😭

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Got the 1956 cup final programme, framed in my bedroom.

Bought this for the third time

Gave the 2 previous copies away for good causes.

8 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

What were the circumstances that led to the Duchess of York signing a Hearts v Aberdeen programme?

I was flying back to Heathrow after the game, it was a 2-0 win so I'd had a few celebratory scoops 😉

I was in Row 2 and the Duchess was sat on her own in Row 1, being a kind sort I asked her if I could buy her a drink which she politely refused so I went for the big one and asked her if she'd sign my program, which she happily did. She asked me my name and wrote "To Allan   Hearts rule" beside the signature 😎

I'll see if I can find it later and pop a picture on.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Harry Potter
13 minutes ago, the general said:

Bought this for the third time

Gave the 2 previous copies away for good causes.

Got mine from my x wifes uncle for my xmas , about 1987. 

10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Got mine from my x wifes uncle for my xmas , about 1987. 

Gave one away for a guys retiral when at BT and the other for auction for SOH

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, the general said:

Gave one away for a guys retiral when at BT and the other for auction for SOH

Good man, 👍

Ex member of the SaS

Got one or two bits kicking around but my 1914 Memorial trust certificate is on the bedroom wall and pinned to it a metal Haymarket monument  badge. Not great by some standards but I like them.

I’ve got 3 shirts signed by the full squads of different years, although sadly it’s all squads of the last few years and there aren’t many players we’ve had that recently whose signature I’m delighted to have 😂

Got loads of wee photos from hospitality in the Gorgie that I’ve had signed by any players and staff who’ve been in.

My favourite is my framed 2012 cup final piece, which has the programme, a picture of rudi shooshing the vermin, signed by the man himself, and another of Danny Grainger sliding after his pen. Massive frame that the wife has made me put in the bathroom! 

Second favourite is probably my cup final ticket, which is still in perfect nick and hopefully when I’m ancient will be a cool wee thing to pass on.

3fingersreid

I’ve got a wee Hearts lapel badge my dad used to wear on nights out at various functions but mainly my treasured “ possessions “ are simply my memories of games , things that happen going to , being at or leaving matches . 

Jamstomorrow

Apart from my current Hearts season ticket, shares and my FOH membership, nothing physical, just memories.  Some great, some not so much.

Got some old winners pennants from my Dad from the 50s but it's my own scarf that I treasure most. Had it since I was a kid. Never washed and all the threads at the ends are gone as I pulled at them when I was nervous.....so they probably lasted just a couple of games.

Closely followed by my favourite JC T-shirt 

Screenshot_20180609-084340.thumb.png.ea159077f2c5d8e91e4bd1eb4234fc5e.png

That said....the JKB raffle a few years back....I did win the most coveted prize...

IMAG2402.thumb.jpg.dafbb972d0ccead5865f1f2919c3babb.jpg

Still have my ticket stub and match programme from 2012, also the team sheets got in hospitality from said match. Signed pictures of Rudi and Fozzie and of course a signed copy of Robbo's book & a signed copy of From Athens to Zagreb. 

Edited by Marvin

Got a signed 2002 away top and a signed ball from 09/10. Neither have seen the light of day in years. Also had a signed top from Nade & Basso, no idea if I still have that, probably in my parents attic.

Loads and loads and loads of stuff. 

2019,2020 cup final programs & tickets. 

Countless signed remembrance tops from teams from 06-2019

Every match day ticket and program from the month i was born. 

1998 Scottish youth cup final program from Tynecastle. 

The best thing i have is a special engraved hearts optic box with all my kids name on it underneath the 1914-15 badge. Truly an unique one off piece. 

That's off the top of my head. 

Loads of ticket stubs from games ive attended away all over europe. 

I have a squad signed Eamonn Bannon testimonial strip lying in a drawer. Presented by the man himself at a testimonial function. 

Got a couple of things:

Match worn Neil Berry testimonial shirt. The pink tartan one. Don't know who wore it, has number 15 on the back I think. 

Match worn home shirt, Miguel Pallardo season 15/16, my uncle workes with Jamie Walker's brother or something at the time so he handed it in for me and it's signed by the whole team. Currently in a frame in my Dad's office. Ownership is disputed lol. 

Scotland shirt worn by Darren Jackson c. 1995/6 (the tartan one, number 9 on the back). I'm sure he played for Hibs at the time but was a family friend and gave us a Scotland shirt knowing we wouldn't be interested in a Hibs one lol). Used to be pinned to my bedroom wall but will be in my folks loft. 

Antti Niemi's gloves from a friendly match we played at Livi about 1998/9. I was ballboy for Livi then and was behind his goal for that game; asked for his top at the end but he said he couldn't (I now know clubs generally only have one set of strips for friendlies/reserves) and gave me his gloves instead. They were mockit and me and my brother used to wear them to play football, so they'll be long gone. 

And not Hearts related but I randomly have a bag of Barry Ferguson's Blackburn Rovers training gear. There's actually loads in it Inc trainers haha, again nae idea where it is but probably in my parents loft as well.

Got my 98, 2012 cup final tickets. Got my wee boy's first match ticket. Kept his first strip, stuff like that.

Edited by Batistuta87

I'm particularly fond of my personalised Rudi Skacel signed shirt. When he played for Raith, one of my mate's brother also played for them, and he offered to take it in and get it sorted for me, so I got my 2010 Home Shirt with Skacel 19 on the back signed all down the front with a nice personalised message.  It's one of those ones that's worth a fortune to me, but would be worthless to someone else because it's got my name written into it. 

I still need to get that one framed. 

SectionDJambo

I've gathered quite a few bits of Hearts memorabilia over the years. Mostly just by going to games and buying books. I have, in my collection, 3 programmes which I had to buy because I had been too young to be at the game or buy a programme myself.

The 1954 League Cup Final. My father died in 1955, as a young man who was Hearts daft. I reckon he would have been at that game and still find it sad that he missed the glory years, but at least he saw a trophy.

The programme from my birthday in 1954, although it is a Dundee v Hearts  programme.

The programme from my first game at Tynecastle in 1962, which my step dad, who was luckily also a Hearts man, took me and my big brother along to.

The friendships I have had over the years of following Hearts, as we suffered disappointments but enjoyed many great days as well, are the best things I have from being a Hearts fan. 

Francis Albert

A birthday present from my son. The programme from the first Hearts game after I was born - the first game of the 53/54 season. A 5-0 league cup win against Hamilton at Tynie.

Scorers Bauld 2, Wardhaugh 2 and Conn 1. 

12 hours ago, martoon said:

A Hearts scarf my girlfriend stole for me in that sports shop in Princes' Street (don't recall it's name of the top of my head) in the summer of 1982.

She was my first love, aged 14, and she was a Hibby.

Horizontal maroon/white/maroon with HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN in maroon across the white bit (long since faded).

Not exactly Mills and Boon but that's love. ❤ 

Edit: Thompsons?

Lillywhites?

You still with the hibby?

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

A birthday present from my son. The programme from the first Hearts game after I was born - the first game of the 53/54 season. A 5-0 league cup win against Hamilton at Tynie.

Scorers Bauld 2, Wardhaugh 2 and Conn 1. 

Class scoresheet .

Belonged to a relative of my late father in law. Went of to War with the Dandy   Ninth and didn’t survive.   Only three stubs out of the book. 

B60F4044-01DA-4E1F-80A9-F681DAD6560E.jpeg

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I've gathered quite a few bits of Hearts memorabilia over the years. Mostly just by going to games and buying books. I have, in my collection, 3 programmes which I had to buy because I had been too young to be at the game or buy a programme myself.

The 1954 League Cup Final. My father died in 1955, as a young man who was Hearts daft. I reckon he would have been at that game and still find it sad that he missed the glory years, but at least he saw a trophy.

The programme from my birthday in 1954, although it is a Dundee v Hearts  programme.

The programme from my first game at Tynecastle in 1962, which my step dad, who was luckily also a Hearts man, took me and my big brother along to.

The friendships I have had over the years of following Hearts, as we suffered disappointments but enjoyed many great days as well, are the best things I have from being a Hearts fan. 

I'm with you there.

All mine are memories.

But my certs from FOH adorn my walls in the Hall.

I'm like an auld student and they are my girfuy poster type things......

Other than that I've not kept things I wished I had.

The club store had cracking box things which I filled with badges old tickets programmes and other wee things to do with Hearts.

Gave it to my youngest as a Christmas present.

I was surprised how much he liked raking through it.

He was a bit fed up with the Hearts there for a while but hes coming back to the fold.

But aye memories you can forget how it's just good to go tae watch Hearts.

Even when its miserable .

😁👍