• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Tommy Brown

• Do The Dance

• stirlo

10 minutes ago, savage said:

I am all for it.  You will still celebrate a goal when it hits the net.  You will then get to go mental again once var allows it

I don't like it, but then I don't like big screens or all seater stadiums.

But really, if it's still humans deciding and big mistakes still get made, what's the point in the expense?

Francis Albert
On 12/01/2022 at 01:16, cosanostra said:

I don't understand Hearts fans who actively want VAR in Scotland. Decision making Is still highly erratic and subjective and you just know it'll be a whole new way for referees to **** smaller teams over and hand decisions to the Old Firm. 

They'll be looking for tiny pushes and blocks in the box to overturn goals that they don't want.

I don't think this will be good for anyone other than the Old Firm.

The disallowed Aston Villa goal at Old Trafford is an indicator. First, VAR for several minutes  pours over a possible offside and decides it was on, and then switches to  examining again at length  an earlier collision in the box before disallowing the goal. Both decisions were borderline and the foul awarded for the collision very debatable. How far back do we go? Anyone who can't see the scope it would offer for Scottish officials here to enforce the only level playing field that matters in Scotland (the one between the OF) hasn't thought it through.

VAR will be a total disaster in Scotland. The level of bias in officiating and those in charge of VAR means nothing will change apart from we will be sat around for an extra 15 minutes every game.

In recent weeks we have had a ref looking directly at a leg breaker challenge on Kingsley, we've also had two players been grabbed by their necks right in front of officials. How will VAR fix that?