Morgage brokers

Dodger84

Would also like to know of any Mortgage brokers. I have a question regdring Stamp duty and buying a new house (for residential purposes) whilst retaining my current home (for letting purposes).

We used a company called Mortgage First for two house purchases in the last few years. They were excellent and kept engaged with us all the way through to completion of the mortgage. They are not linked to any particular lender. No fee as they get a commission of sorts from whichever lending you end up going with. 

1 hour ago, Dodger84 said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good morgage broker please. Any help much appreciated 

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

Would also like to know of any Mortgage brokers. I have a question regdring Stamp duty and buying a new house (for residential purposes) whilst retaining my current home (for letting purposes).

We always use Stuart McDonald as have a fair few friends. Good jambo too!

MacDonald Mortgage Solutions

43 North Castle Street
Edinburgh
EH2 3BG

07988 773023

[email protected]

58 minutes ago, Andyjaxs said:

We used a company called Mortgage First for two house purchases in the last few years. They were excellent and kept engaged with us all the way through to completion of the mortgage. They are not linked to any particular lender. No fee as they get a commission of sorts from whichever lending you end up going with. 

Found that with Mortgage first it very much depends on who you speak with, some good and some not so much.

I used landc online for mine.

They were really good.

Actually much easier than my two previous brokers both of which were Edinburgh based....one being First Mortgage.

It was during my divorce and I just felt that they couldn't be bothered with all the back and forward as arguments broke out about a variety of things. They ended up having to change my mortgage deal to fit the new divorce settlement and the mortgage product was awful....Almost like they offered it as a means to get me to go somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I used landc online for mine.

They were really good.

Actually much easier than my two previous brokers both of which were Edinburgh based....one being First Mortgage.

It was during my divorce and I just felt that they couldn't be bothered with all the back and forward as arguments broke out about a variety of things. They ended up having to change my mortgage deal to fit the new divorce settlement and the mortgage product was awful....Almost like they offered it as a means to get me to go somewhere else.

First Mortgage only seem to be good for well exactly what it say's on the tin, your first mortgage, after that they seem to be pretty poor. Stuart that I mentioned above was who we dealt with at First Mortgage as first time buyers and he was great, 4 years later we went back to First Mortgage when we put our flat up for sale and the Irish girl we dealt with was hopeless, terrible communication and insisted on upping all our outgoings for the affordability calculator including over 2k a year for holidays (Yes there are some years we'd spend that and more on holidays but it'd never come at the expense of paying the bloody mortgage) which resulted in her coming up with an agreement in principle, 2 weeks later with a value less than our existing mortgage.

Tracked Stuart down and even with a worse loan to value he had an AIP at a better rate than our existing mortgage for almost double the value inside 2 days.

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, Andyjaxs said:

Will second that, great service and very good at their job.