Dog Walking ?

Stu_HMFC

Just a quick question does anyone use a dog walker in Edinburgh? I have a Yellow Lab shes just over a year old I take her out before work and twice in the evenings but looking to get her out 

during the day when my partner is at work, Just looking for some recommendations. 

I was considering putting her into dog day care when I was at work. There is a place not far from my current work but in the next month or so I will be leaving and starting a new job in town so pretty pointless. 

Any recommendations I'd be grateful.  

Depends where in Edinburgh you are based. 

I'm biased but my wife runs her own dog walking and daycare out here in South Queensferry - and there's a few other good walkers out here too. 

One thing I'd bear in mind is that whoever you choose should have liability insurance, be Police checked (if coming into your house to pick up when you aren't about)be fully licenced for both walking and daycare, be able to show proof of these licences on demand. 

Also a good walker will ask to meet the dog first to make sure it's compatible for the pack, ask you to complete and sign a client agreement with details like - is it ok to let your dog off the lead, vet details for emergencies etc. 

Good luck 

indianajones

Make sure they pick up every single shite too. Numerous professional dog walkers about here and rarely do you see them come back to a car park with one bag. They often walk 6-10 dogs. 

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Just a quick question does anyone use a dog walker in Edinburgh? I have a Yellow Lab shes just over a year old I take her out before work and twice in the evenings but looking to get her out 

during the day when my partner is at work, Just looking for some recommendations. 

I was considering putting her into dog day care when I was at work. There is a place not far from my current work but in the next month or so I will be leaving and starting a new job in town so pretty pointless. 

Is there not a local Facebook that could give you recommendations?

31 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Make sure they pick up every single shite too. Numerous professional dog walkers about here and rarely do you see them come back to a car park with one bag. They often walk 6-10 dogs. 

Sound like fly by night chancers - 10 dogs is too many for one walker and isnt allowed in Edinburgh public places. 

3 hours ago, Dunx1892 said:

Depends where in Edinburgh you are based. 

I'm biased but my wife runs her own dog walking and daycare out here in South Queensferry - and there's a few other good walkers out here too. 

One thing I'd bear in mind is that whoever you choose should have liability insurance, be Police checked (if coming into your house to pick up when you aren't about)be fully licenced for both walking and daycare, be able to show proof of these licences on demand. 

Also a good walker will ask to meet the dog first to make sure it's compatible for the pack, ask you to complete and sign a client agreement with details like - is it ok to let your dog off the lead, vet details for emergencies etc. 

Good luck 

There is a license for dog walking? Is that just a council scam to get money or does it actually mean something?

All I'd say is get one who picks up the dog poo, and doesn't decorate bushes and fences with the bags of faeces...

Auld Reekin'

My cousin runs his own dog-walking business in south Edinburgh. I can't remember the company name but I can easily find this out. He's a good guy and I know that he has a loyal and appreciative customer-base.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

82-AA7-C5-F-7-D73-47-BB-957-D-F1-F19-F48
when he doesn’t bring back the actual stick you asked him to fetch…….

Not saying anything but I wonder about that pic. Y'know.

2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Not saying anything but I wonder about that pic. Y'know.

Well I copied and pasted it’s no my dog

1 minute ago, Angel eyes said:

I wasn't trying to be nasty, but living in North America  very close to USA I could see that the picture could cause concern to some, and guffaws to others, or mebbe its just the way my observational mind works. 

joondalupjambo
On 06/01/2022 at 12:40, Spellczech said:

There is a license for dog walking? Is that just a council scam to get money or does it actually mean something?

All I'd say is get one who picks up the dog poo, and doesn't decorate bushes and fences with the bags of faeces...

You can get a license and also business insurance just as you can for many other small businesses.  It is a legal and insurance issue for those that want it.  My sister in law runs a dog walking business in London and has both.  Imagine the ramifications if you walk somebody else's dog and they drop dead or get run over on your watch.  Also she pays tax.  Numerous dog walking "businesses" are not really businesses just folk walking dogs for cash in hand.

On 06/01/2022 at 09:29, indianajones said:

Their going to need an IKEA bag for that

641EC4D0-A3EF-458A-B4B8-EA32FA310AF6.jpeg

13 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

I notice you didn't say it wasn't your "stick"... :whistling:

On 06/01/2022 at 09:18, Stu_HMFC said:

You could also have a look at https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/ plenty folk that live in flats or rented accommodation that can't have their own dog but would happily 'borrow' one to take it a walk and get out the house, especially folk working from home that want to get out at lunchtime

15 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

😂😂😂😂

On 15/03/2022 at 19:32, Angel eyes said:

Is that Eilidh Barbour from sky sports 😂😂