Colston 4 not guilty

JudyJudyJudy

SpruceBringsteen

Hearts fans get their badge spit on in their city every single day. No one gives a ****.

Racist from 300 years ago gets a statue pulled down in a different country, some Hearts fans get upset.

Curious.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

• NANOJAMBO

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
15 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

We really could aye. 
Some of our ancestors weren’t very nice it’s no reflection on me or you etc. I don’t take offence to someone wishing that removed. 

Statues down and replaced by modern Britons.
These people and their ideas belong at the bottom of the sea. 

Never mind the regal shaped elephant in the room....The one family 'in whose name' a lot of this abhorrent shit was carried out and who have benefitted fiscally over the centuries from some empirical behaviours and to this day sit pretty over the top of us all in a happy and glorious fashion.

Not seen them mentioned much 🤷‍♂️

Francis Albert
37 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Never mind the regal shaped elephant in the room....The one family 'in whose name' a lot of this abhorrent shit was carried out and who have benefitted fiscally over the centuries from some empirical behaviours and to this day sit pretty over the top of us all in a happy and glorious fashion.

God has also got off lightly. 

Francis Albert

One of the Colston 4 has proclaimed the jury system and freedom of speech as the cornerstones of society. Fair enough but they have to include the jury decisions and the speech you disagree with. I doubt that many of our woke activists take that view.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You won’t find someone more keen to see that lot frogmarched into the street and given some Caucescau style ending than me. 
Still to this day knighting people like Blair (see all the stories coming out last few days from the likes of Geoff Hoon who was told to burn memos etc :lol:on top of the nonces and paedos from the recent past. Got dafties from wee dafty toons in Scotland so in their thrall they get raging that murderers won’t still have their statues paraded in our cities. 

This country needs cleansed man.
Talk about Stockholm syndrome. 
GSTQ? GTF🤮 

Edited by jack D and coke

The Mighty Thor
47 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

God has also got off lightly. 

To which version of the sky fairy do you refer?

As far as I'm aware our good Christian deity isn't sitting in multiple palaces after centuries of subjugation. 🤷‍♂️

Francis Albert
42 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

To which version of the sky fairy do you refer?

As far as I'm aware our good Christian deity isn't sitting in multiple palaces after centuries of subjugation. 🤷‍♂️

I was referring to the followers of the sky god rather than the mythical Father himself. Almost all the (European) colonists, slave traders and slave owners were practicing Christians who either positively  believed they were acting according to God's will or saw no conflict with it.

I am a staunch republican but I don't see what tearing down statues of royalty or abolishing kings and queens now would do in relation to the history or perception of slavery.

Edited by Francis Albert