Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

16 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Medical discrimination is alright now is it? 

What a farce. Why have exceptions then? Hope he gets a legal team involved. 

What "discrimination" ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick
35 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Discrimination on what grounds? There are public health orders allowing events to take place in Victoria. One of those conditions was full Covid vaccination, unless medically exempt.

Djokovic has clearly not met that condition. The real question is who told him he had and why that visa was initially granted.

Unknown user
37 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Well yeah, if Australia say it is. It's their country.

I doubt it's real but this made me laugh

FB_IMG_1641428100545.thumb.jpg.537d915890c7180e4043bc83e4d386cb.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wonder if Djokovic's lawyers will sue on the grounds his medical privacy has been breached as it now obvious that he isn't vaccinated?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I wonder if Djokovic's lawyers will sue on the grounds his medical privacy has been breached as it now obvious that he isn't vaccinated?

He tweeted that he had an exemption

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Discrimination on what grounds? There are public health orders allowing events to take place in Victoria. One of those conditions was full Covid vaccination, unless medically exempt.

Djokovic has clearly not met that condition. The real question is who told him he had and why that visa was initially granted.

I can't quite get my head round it but it sounds as though maybe the AO organisers may have over-promised on the exemption thing; Djoko was then a tool posting on Insta that he had an exemption, drawing attention to himself; there was a kerfuffle from the Oz public and the ScoMo had little option but to insist that everything was seen to be above board. 

End result: the country's rules have been adhered to. This has to be a good thing. 

I P Knightley
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He brought that on himself, surely; and had already left little doubt about whether he would take the vaccine. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I can't quite get my head round it but it sounds as though maybe the AO organisers may have over-promised on the exemption thing; Djoko was then a tool posting on Insta that he had an exemption, drawing attention to himself; there was a kerfuffle from the Oz public and the ScoMo had little option but to insist that everything was seen to be above board. 

End result: the country's rules have been adhered to. This has to be a good thing. 

The end result should be that Craig Tiley should have his arse oot the windae. Tennis Australia are a laughing stock here.

A Boy Named Crow
36 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I was sure ScoMo announced last week that Djokovic had an exemption,  but I can't see any mention of it online now,  only Morrison and others saying there would be no exceptions made, going back weeks.

Seems somebody made an arse of it right enough though...

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I was sure ScoMo announced last week that Djokovic had an exemption,  but I can't see any mention of it online now,  only Morrison and others saying there would be no exceptions made, going back weeks.

Seems somebody made an arse of it right enough though...

I think Tennis Australia are the biggest arseholes but they are ducking for cover while the governments play politics with each other.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

This is down to Novak trying to be a smart arse. Hopefully they jail him.

Nah, they'll just kick him out the country. I wonder though,  does being deported prevent you from getting a work visa ever again?

Has he played his last Australian  Open?

15 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can see Novak being totally determined to win this tournament now and get it up all the arseholes who think they have the right to tell folk what they can and can’t do. 

Fwiw I am no anti vaxxer. But as a libertarian what is happening to this world sickens me

Playing the 'morally outraed card' I see.

Let's not pretend that vaccine requirement to enter a country is a new thing shall we. Really undermines your liberatarian / faux moral outrage argument.

I get the feeling that Djokovic's vaccine exemption documentation will be similar to Lance Armstrong's prescriptions for PEDs. If you're rich enough you can find a doctor that will write whatever you want. Time will tell...

Edited by Bindy Badgy

A Boy Named Crow

After a day of this being all over the news, I want to see Nick "it's just two guys hitting a ball over a net" Kyrgios on the ABC tonight. Time for a bit of perspective!

Djokovic wanted to come and work in Australia for a bit,  without meeting the entry requirements,  they told him to bugger off...end of story!

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Rafa has his say. 

Seems pretty straightforward and honest. Rafa is correct. Novak knew situation and made his choices. No-one to blame for this but himself.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The ABF are now retrospectively investigating one other player and an official for the same "exemption".

Translation: If Djiokovic had shut his mouth he would have been given a nod and a wink to be let in. Since he caused such an outcry, he made himself a cause celebre.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Nah, they'll just kick him out the country. I wonder though,  does being deported prevent you from getting a work visa ever again?

Has he played his last Australian  Open?

Im sure hes worried.  He has won 9. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Rafa has his say. 

My favourite bum scratcher  . Actually I cant disagree really with what he has said.  He was fairly neutral as he quite rightly said he doesnt know the full story. Good luck to him at the Open. Unsure what his chances are now as he isnt at his best anymore . But he may get the coveted 21 of Nole doesn't get to it first :) 

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

Well yeah, if Australia say it is. It's their country.

I doubt it's real but this made me laugh

FB_IMG_1641428100545.thumb.jpg.537d915890c7180e4043bc83e4d386cb.jpg

It's real.

Geoff Kilpatrick
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yep . They are being well played 

No idea who this is but they truly don't get it. The outrage here was not necessarily against Djokovic. It was stated everyone would be vaxxed at the tennis and then he seemed to be rubbing everyone's nose in it in getting special privileges. The outrage wasn't aimed solely at him. The governments were being vilified for apparent hypocrisy as well.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No idea who this is but they truly don't get it. The outrage here was not necessarily against Djokovic. It was stated everyone would be vaxxed at the tennis and then he seemed to be rubbing everyone's nose in it in getting special privileges. The outrage wasn't aimed solely at him. The governments were being vilified for apparent hypocrisy as well.

There is exemptions in place which will allow unvaccinated players to play, other unvaccinated players are already in the country under the same criteria as Nole tried to use. Why the uproar for 1 player? It's got  political and now it's a media circus.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, escobri said:

There is exemptions in place which will allow unvaccinated players to play, other unvaccinated players are already in the country under the same criteria as Nole tried to use. Why the uproar for 1 player? It's got  political and now it's a media circus.

No argument on the politics, the point being Djokovic provoked the reaction. Now those other exemptions are being scrutinised too. In other words, there was complicity to let them in on a nod and a wink. The ABF called BS. How that was instigated is to be determined.

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

She seems to be a dietitian however it looks like she provides advice about obesity that might not follow the science

10 minutes ago, escobri said:

Djokovic's problem is being labelled an anti vaxxer. Something he has encouraged.

Australia wants everyone to be vaccinated to save lives and remove restrictions. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

She seems to be a dietitian however it looks like she provides advice about obesity that might not follow the science

Another shite inspector like Gillian McKeith then.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Djokovic's problem is being labelled an anti vaxxer. Something he has encouraged.

Australia wants everyone to be vaccinated to save lives and remove restrictions. 

And so he's targeted cos his stance on vaccines, why no uproar on why exemptions are allowed? Is that not the story here or is just because he sent a tweet?

1 minute ago, escobri said:

And so he's targeted cos his stance on vaccines, why no uproar on why exemptions are allowed? Is that not the story here or is just because he sent a tweet?

The story is that he rocked up to border controls without any evidence of his apparent "medical exemption" so he's been told to bolt.

Edited by Ray Gin

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

The story is that he rocked up to border controls without any evidence of his apparent "medical exemption" so he's been told to bolt.

In a nutshell.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

In a nutshell.

He was granted an exemption from 2 blind panels, hardly think he'd turn up without that.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, escobri said:

There was advice to Tennis Australia that having an infection in the past 6 months was not grounds for a vaccine exemption from ATAGI, the government expert body and equivalent of UKHSA.

However, there was a separate panel that said he was exempt. That was fine for ABF exemptions till now, which to me means that Tennis Australia and the VIC Government have being acting in cahoots.

Djokovic blows things up, Scomo calls up Immigration, the ABF say the visa is incomplete, they ask the VIC Government if they'll exempt him from quarantine and they have to refuse.

Shitshow all round.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, escobri said:

Fans now being kicked out for having Djokovic signs, he'll be up there with Hitler soon.

Where?

There are a number protesting outside where he's being held.

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, escobri said:

Fans now being kicked out for having Djokovic signs, he'll be up there with Hitler soon.

You think Hitler is in heaven 🤪

44 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Her PhD is in nutrition.

Zoë returned to full time education in 2012 to complete a PhD in public health nutrition (awarded March 2016). Her thesis was entitled “An examination of the randomised controlled trial and epidemiological evidence for the introduction of dietary fat recommendations in 1977 and 1983: A systematic review and meta-analysis.” A number of peer-reviewed articles have emanated from this work. The first was the 64th most impactful paper in any discipline in 2015.

Assuming this page is accurate, it's a valid PhD. But, it isn't in any way related to virology or anything else that can be linked to COVID beyond looking after yourself to make sure your immune system is in good condition.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There was advice to Tennis Australia that having an infection in the past 6 months was not grounds for a vaccine exemption from ATAGI, the government expert body and equivalent of UKHSA.

However, there was a separate panel that said he was exempt. That was fine for ABF exemptions till now, which to me means that Tennis Australia and the VIC Government have being acting in cahoots.

Djokovic blows things up, Scomo calls up Immigration, the ABF say the visa is incomplete, they ask the VIC Government if they'll exempt him from quarantine and they have to refuse.

Shitshow all round.

It is indeed, just over a game of tennis aswell.

What Wonderful news this is, rules are rules sunshine :jjyay:

There's only seat's in economy for the return flight!

Edited by VALDOS'

Dennis Denuto
10 minutes ago, escobri said:

It is indeed, just over a game of tennis aswell.

Two posts ago you pulled out the Hitler comparison, now its only a game of tennis, make your mind up FFS.

Dennis Denuto
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Im sure hes worried.  He has won 9. 

My favourite bum scratcher  . Actually I cant disagree really with what he has said.  He was fairly neutral as he quite rightly said he doesnt know the full story. Good luck to him at the Open. Unsure what his chances are now as he isnt at his best anymore . But he may get the coveted 21 of Nole doesn't get to it first :) 

Ah, that's where you are James, I wondered where you had been hiding. 

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Two posts ago you pulled out the Hitler comparison, now its only a game of tennis, make your mind up FFS.

2 separate points 

jack D and coke
51 minutes ago, escobri said:

I’m imagining because of stuff like his mrs claiming it was caused by 5G, his general anti vax stance over covid and other bolloks like purifying poisoned water just by thought. He also tried to heal an injury by thought. Great player but clearly a knobend. 
Personally though I think it’s all a bit posturing and the Australian govt trying to regain some credibility with their population and that he’ll eventually get to play. 
They had to make it look like they were being tough after imposing hard restrictions. 
I might be wrong we’ll see. 

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Hitler’s legacy lives everywhere nowadays it seems. 
North Korea, the stasi etc etc trotted out like nobody’s business. 
Hilarious.