• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Wish they’d waited until he was playing at the AO. Then performed one of the raids you see on “Border Force”.

Dozens of immigration agents storm the stadium and he’s found hiding in Murray’s Kit bag claiming not to speak English.

2 hours ago, gjcc said:

Wish they’d waited until he was playing at the AO. Then performed one of the raids you see on “Border Force”.

Dozens of immigration agents storm the stadium and he’s found hiding in Murray’s Kit bag claiming not to speak English.

Wasn't there a similar situation in an Argentina match recently?

15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I feel its more gossip than hard evidence. Beneath a so called professional tennis commentator surely? 

Yes, we must hold our professional tennis commentators to a higher standard.

highlandjambo3

Having served in Bosnia on two occasions (one UN and one NATO led) I can tell you without any shadow of doubt the Serbs are a bunch of self obsessed arrogant hard nuts, they have this hard man image roughly shaved, black coffee cigarette smoking arseholes.  It appealed to the women who actually loved the match man look.  The UN tour was guff as we had no mandate to do anything other than protect the UN convoys, the Serbs knew this and mocked us, villages burning, genocide etc……… The *NATO tour was much better, we were able to swiftly kick the shit out of them at every opportunity 👍

Anyway, Djokovic is absolutely tarred with this arrogant streak…..as are his family.  Any ideas why he’s not vaccinated?  I have an idea, it would be bad for his image, his toughness would be called into question by his family and friends, his macho image would be dented, how would he ever live this down.

**** Djokovic and all those who think this arrogant P***k is getting a hard time.

Wonder what the vaccination uptake stats are Serbia

* It took 2 years for the suits to change from UN to NATO (shame on us) thousands died.

47 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Having served in Bosnia on two occasions (one UN and one NATO led) I can tell you without any shadow of doubt the Serbs are a bunch of self obsessed arrogant hard nuts, they have this hard man image roughly shaved, black coffee cigarette smoking arseholes.  It appealed to the women who actually loved the match man look.  The UN tour was guff as we had no mandate to do anything other than protect the UN convoys, the Serbs knew this and mocked us, villages burning, genocide etc……… The *NATO tour was much better, we were able to swiftly kick the shit out of them at every opportunity 👍

Anyway, Djokovic is absolutely tarred with this arrogant streak…..as are his family.  Any ideas why he’s not vaccinated?  I have an idea, it would be bad for his image, his toughness would be called into question by his family and friends, his macho image would be dented, how would he ever live this down.

**** Djokovic and all those who think this arrogant P***k is getting a hard time.

* It took 2 years for the suits to change from UN to NATO (shame on us) thousands died.

Very low.

Less than half have had either of the first two jabs and only a quarter have had a booster.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

One reason. He's a prick. The prick's prick.

Or a winner. 

These guys tend to have a bit of something about them that rubs people up the wrong way. 

55 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

the Serbs are a bunch of self obsessed arrogant hard nuts, they have this hard man image roughly shaved, black coffee cigarette smoking arseholes

Nothing like a bit of casual stereotyping of a whole people...

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Nothing like a bit of casual stereotyping of a whole people...

I assumed he was talking about Glaswegians. 

56 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or a winner. 

These guys tend to have a bit of something about them that rubs people up the wrong way. 

Lot of jealously / envy  surrounding this guy really. A guy who hasn't given into pressure etc.  Pathetic really .. This thread is evidence of that. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I assumed he was talking about Glaswegians. 

It could be for any bunch of peoples really. Sad posting really 

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Go visit…..you’ll get what I mean

Would love to. 

At least their men aren’t dancing in matching onesies for their girlfriends tik tok videos 🤷‍♂️*

*random rant, I’ll admit

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Go visit…..you’ll get what I mean

they have this hard man image roughly shaved,

that bit sounds interesting mind you..,, :) i think ill make a visit. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would love to. 

At least their men aren’t dancing in matching onesies for their girlfriends tik tok videos 🤷‍♂️*

*random rant, I’ll admit

image-23-10-21-12-13-1.gif

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lot of jealously / envy  surrounding this guy really. A guy who hasn't given into pressure etc.  Pathetic really .. This thread is evidence of that. 

I’m just generalising Serbian arrogance, of which I have experienced on a very large scale…….fact.

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

I’m just generalising Serbian arrogance, of which I have experienced on a very large scale…….fact.

So you met every singe Serbian person?  Thats a lot of people to meet to make that assessment . Im guessing you didnt and just lumping every single one together due to your experience of meeting a few. 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I worry how relaxed people are by a government expelling a person because they are embarrassed. 

All very gammon. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or a winner. 

You don't need to be a prick to be a winner.

He's a prick, and his dad's an even bigger prick.

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or a winner. 

I've trained with a few people that were world and Olympic medallists. Can't say any of them ever rubbed me up the wrong way. I imagine most of them wouldn't be impressed with Djokovic.

highlandjambo3
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So you met every singe Serbian person?  Thats a lot of people to meet to make that assessment . Im guessing you didnt and just lumping every single one together due to your experience of meeting a few. 

Yes you are guessing…..

Of course I haven’t met every single Serbian person…..what a ridiculous thing to say.

My opinion is based on every single Serbian person I encountered (no not them all) during the Bosnian conflict and, we’re talking a few thousand so, a significant number to base my OPINION on………you met many?

I take it you believe Djokovic is not arrogant?  That’s fine, that’s your opinion.

If the Government said to Tennis Australia that a Covid infection wasn't a good enough reason to enter the country then the blame for all this is a bit clearer. 

18 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Yes you are guessing…..

Of course I haven’t met every single Serbian person…..what a ridiculous thing to say.

My opinion is based on every single Serbian person I encountered (no not them all) during the Bosnian conflict and, we’re talking a few thousand so, a significant number to base my OPINION on………you met many?

I take it you believe Djokovic is not arrogant?  That’s fine, that’s your opinion.

You are basing your opinion on a some Serbians you met. You didnt meet all Serbians so cant say they are all like that. Its that simple.  No I dont feel he is arrogant. I think he is confident  and assertive. 

highlandjambo3
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You are basing your opinion on a some Serbians you met. You didnt meet all Serbians so cant say they are all like that. Its that simple.  No I dont feel he is arrogant. I think he is confident  and assertive. 

I’m basing my opinion on a lot of Serbians I met and…….your right…..it’s my opinion based on facts experienced by me…….you won’t change it

A Boy Named Crow
48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If the Government said to Tennis Australia that a Covid infection wasn't a good enough reason to enter the country then the blame for all this is a bit clearer. 

Did they tell Tennis Australia this was the case though? I heard they didn't.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

25 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’m basing my opinion on a lot of Serbians I met and…….your right…..it’s my opinion based on facts experienced by me…….you won’t change it

Yes it’s your opinion 

I think it's ok to generalise from your experiences, but always to remember that they're *your* specific experiences and they might be different for other folks, or even for yourself if you had gone at a different time or had a different outlook/approach.

My experiences hitching through Serbia were mixed. One time, I was taking shelter in a small hamlet up in the hills under a protruding shed roof when it was peltering down rain and was told by the owner of the house adjoining the shed in no uncertain terms that I had to bugger off, even though it was teeming down and I was getting completely soaked. I was also openly laughed at by several groups of people in Novi Sad for wearing a kilt in public, and that's only ever happened to me twice in many years of kilt-wearing and travelling.

On the other hand, when I first got into Serbia from Bosnia and Herzegovina, I was standing at the side of the road looking for a hitch and a car screeched to a halt with a couple of local lads in it. They told me to wait where I was, zoomed off and 10 minutes later returned with a big bag of food and some local currency. In broken English they told me that they were local so couldn't give me a lift along the road, but thought I could be doing with some food and help. They then buggered off, leaving me surprised at such a nice thing to do.

The rest of my time in the country was fine (although my request to take a photo of a row of baton-wielding police before a Red Star / Partizan derby was met with a wee bit of negativity by them :D) but generally I found the younger folk to be quite open and welcoming, albeit strongly proud of their country and culture, and very frank and honest when it came to expressing themselves and calling a spade a spade. The older folk were significantly more wary, I assume because of what they had to live through. But no more than most Balkan countries, to be honest.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I think it's ok to generalise from your experiences, but always to remember that they're *your* specific experiences and they might be different for other folks, or even for yourself if you had gone at a different time or had a different outlook/approach.

My experiences hitching through Serbia were mixed. One time, I was taking shelter in a small hamlet up in the hills under a protruding shed roof when it was peltering down rain and was told by the owner of the house adjoining the shed in no uncertain terms that I had to bugger off, even though it was teeming down and I was getting completely soaked. I was also openly laughed at by several groups of people in Novi Sad for wearing a kilt in public, and that's only ever happened to me twice in many years of kilt-wearing and travelling.

On the other hand, when I first got into Serbia from Bosnia and Herzegovina, I was standing at the side of the road looking for a hitch and a car screeched to a halt with a couple of local lads in it. They told me to wait where I was, zoomed off and 10 minutes later returned with a big bag of food and some local currency. In broken English they told me that they were local so couldn't give me a lift along the road, but thought I could be doing with some food and help. They then buggered off, leaving me surprised at such a nice thing to do.

The rest of my time in the country was fine (although my request to take a photo of a row of baton-wielding police before a Red Star / Partizan derby was met with a wee bit of negativity by them :D) but generally I found the younger folk to be quite open and welcoming, albeit strongly proud of their country and culture, and very frank and honest when it came to expressing themselves and calling a spade a spade. The older folk were significantly more wary, I assume because of what they had to live through. But no more than most Balkan countries, to be honest.

👍

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

And just like that yet another thread becomes the u-turn show. 

what u on about ? pathetic comment as per usual from you  U turn about what ? 

highlandjambo3
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Australia will not give a shiny shit about Serbia diplomatic action because Serbia contribute what?

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Australia will not give a shiny shit about Serbia diplomatic action because Serbia contribute what?

Arseholes, apparently

Fxxx the SPFL
21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I’m sure the people of Bosnia will hope he gets booted out of Oz they hate the Serbs after my trip to Sarajevo to watch us play Zelzincar you couldn’t meet nicer people and some of the stories they told about Serbs was shocking the eternal flame was a really humbling experience anyway I hope he gets punted 

A Boy Named Crow
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Arseholes, apparently

Australia isn't lacking in that department, have you seen the state of the prime minister?

5 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Australia isn't lacking in that department, have you seen the state of the prime minister?

This is true but have you seen Djokovic's dad? They have another gear on Serbia

Whatever decision is made by the 3 judges, there will be no right of appeal. The case should be over within 2-3 hours.