Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

Why the **** have one authority granted him entry yet another authority have told him to **** off. Sounds like nothing more than political grandeur and the Australian government showing themselves to be, once again, the authoritarian outfit they have been throughout this whole fiasco. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:wow:

I think Craig Tiley, the CEO of Tennis Australia, must have the squeakiest bum in Melbourne right now. I'm honestly shocked the politicians didn't back channel it to let him through.

Especially as a Tennis Australia insider has been quoted as suggesting that the federal government is picking on Novak in response to the media. Battle lines are being drawn.

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Why the **** have one authority granted him entry yet another authority have told him to **** off. Sounds like nothing more than political grandeur and the Australian government showing themselves to be, once again, the authoritarian outfit they have been throughout this whole fiasco. 

Not like we didn't all know that they are like this though.  When in Rome...

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Novak's visa has been rejected and he will be flown home.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/visa-bungle-delays-novak-djokovic-s-entry-into-australia-20220105-p59m75.html

Edit: His lawyers will be appealing against the decision.

WELL WELL, WELL, WELL, IF IT ISN'T THE CONSEQUENCES OF MY OWN ACTIONS Meme  - Video & GIFs | well meme, isnt meme, consequences meme, own meme, actions  meme

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

So a sporting organisation can overrule a government? 

Double fault?

Initial authority was granted by the folk organising the tournament to allow him to take part in the tournament. That is a completely separate decision to the border force one on whether or not to let him into the country. It's not rocket surgery.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Initial authority was granted by the folk organising the tournament to allow him to take part in the tournament. That is a completely separate decision to the border force one on whether or not to let him into the country. It's not rocket surgery.

Border control have been told by the Austrian government not to allow access. I very much doubt he was given a fair chance due to political pressure. The prime minister was quoted as saying he will be told to **** off ffs. 

I hope to **** his appeal goes through. This will be through the courts I imagine. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:wow:

I think Craig Tiley, the CEO of Tennis Australia, must have the squeakiest bum in Melbourne right now. I'm honestly shocked the politicians didn't back channel it to let him through.

From what I've seen the politicians haven't been in favour of it and are likely now reacting to the public outcry.

Malinga the Swinga

Some eejit on the radio saying whoever wins Australian open should have asterisk next to title if Novak isn't there.

Didn't see it bothering Snakebite too much that MVG had to withdraw from darts, when he clinched title earlier this week.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Border control have been told by the Austrian government not to allow access. I very much doubt he was given a fair chance due to political pressure. 

I hope to **** his appeal goes through. This will be through the courts I imagine. 

Pretty sure Austrian government have **** all to do with it🙂.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty sure Austrian government have **** all to do with it🙂.

😂🤪

Border control have been told by the Austrian government not to allow access. I very much doubt he was given a fair chance due to political pressure. The prime minister was quoted as saying he will be told to **** off ffs. 

What the feck have the Austrians to do with it? ;)

Anyway, that's not what the Ozzie PM said. He said that Novak wouldn't be treated any differently than anyone else seeking entry into the country, that there would be no favouritism.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

On what basis are the other players with an exemption being granted entry? Is it just because he has the wrong visa?

We don't know. 

But seems they didn't provide the correct information on Visa application. 

Being allowed to play in Open is different to being allowed in country it would seem.

Edited by Mikey1874

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They should do the appeal by Hawkeye on a big screen in the airport terminal.

----------------

-       GTF         -

----------------

:lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

From what I've seen the politicians haven't been in favour of it and are likely now reacting to the public outcry.

The pollies have been stunned by the reaction to it, particularly here.

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

On what basis are the other players with an exemption being granted entry? Is it just because he has the wrong visa?

Exemption seems to be being granted on two reasons: -

(a) inability to receive a vaccine

(b) recovered from an infection in the past 6 months

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The pollies have been stunned by the reaction to it, particularly here.

Exemption seems to be being granted on two reasons: -

(a) inability to receive a vaccine

(b) recovered from an infection in the past 6 months

My guess is he has given reasons relating to risks of side effects for not taking vaccine. He has a history of hyper sensitivity to food etc. 

But these reasons might have persuaded someone only thinking about tennis, but not the people making immigration decisions. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

My guess is he has given reasons relating to risks of side effects for not taking vaccine. He has a history of hyper sensitivity to food etc. 

But these reasons might have persuaded someone only thinking about tennis, but not the people making immigration decisions. 

The stories coming out here is that the "panel" who gave the exemption didn't scrutinise the evidence. The ABF actually looked in detail.

if it is solely due to the type of visa he came in on, he could always bugger off and re-apply for the correct visa, time permitting of course.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

if it is solely due to the type of visa he came in on, he could always bugger off and re-apply for the correct visa, time permitting of course.

He needs one of the working visas to play. He could come in as a tourist (and do the necessary quarantine) but he can't play.

It is quite funny but it is a nice news distraction from the testing kit problems out here, which some might say is convenient.

One consideration that might come into play is that there are large numbers of folk of Serbian and Croatian origin in Victoria. If a number of the Serbs heed Novak's dad's call and are additionally emboldened by the words of the Serbian President, things might kick off between these two ethnic groups, whether or not Novak eventually gets permission to enter the country.

A Boy Named Crow
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There are several layers of government in Australia. It appears to be the state level that has said no here,  which is fair. The state government is responsible for health etc. In the main, it's the state governments that have played a blinder, throughout covid.

The federal government is headed up by a free market obsessed, right ring libertarian cockwomble.  If it had been up to him,  we'd have had people dying in their droves, like the UK, US etc. 

You might call it authoritarian, but I'd say it's a good thing that everybody I know has, thus far, made it through the pandemic unscathed. 

If some tennis player thinks he can just walk into the country,  unvaccinsted, he can, as they say here,  get ****ed!

JudyJudyJudy
37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yes it’s Australia flexing their puny fascist muscles , as proven all the way through this pandemic . Shithole of a place really 

32 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Some eejit on the radio saying whoever wins Australian open should have asterisk next to title if Novak isn't there.

Didn't see it bothering Snakebite too much that MVG had to withdraw from darts, when he clinched title earlier this week.

lol two opposite sports 🏀 lol 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

One consideration that might come into play is that there are large numbers of folk of Serbian and Croatian origin in Victoria. If a number of the Serbs heed Novak's dad's call and are additionally emboldened by the words of the Serbian President, things might kick off between these two ethnic groups, whether or not Novak eventually gets permission to enter the country.

And I get called the drama queen on this ! 😂😂 flipping heck 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The Serbian meeting place building (I can't remember exactly what they call it) is about 10 minutes drive from my house. I'm tempted to take a drive at lunch past it to see if it is seetheageddon!

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha 

Thst would be really funny if he was actually playing at this years Aussie open . He isn’t ! 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Scomo now tweeting out that "rules are rules" re Djokovic's visa being cancelled. Everyone trying to claim a slice of "glory" after the outrage here when he announced his exemption on Twitter.

As I said before, if he had said nothing, the ABF would have contacted the Vic government to check his exemption, they would have waved it through and everyone would have had plausible deniability.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The Serbian meeting place building (I can't remember exactly what they call it) is about 10 minutes drive from my house. I'm tempted to take a drive at lunch past it to see if it is seetheageddon!

I wish it was smug-face Roger Doubtfire tbh.

Although the person in question gets right on my Eartha Kitts too.

54 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He doesn't meet the criteria for exemption, was never granted exemption (by the Oz Commonwealth govt) and turned up in Oz with a visa that had no exemption. Listen to the Oz PM's comments early in the clip - he wasn't going to be messed about. 

This clip is good value and a good laugh.

Ros Atkins is gonna be a star. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I wish it was smug-face Roger Doubtfire tbh.

Although the person in question gets right on my Eartha Kitts too.

I know he gets on my tits and not in a good way . He’s played out now anyway . So he’s finished as such .

ps I loved Eartha Kitt.  Purrr purr 😸 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I know he gets on my tits and not in a good way . He’s played out now anyway . So he’s finished as such .

ps I loved Eartha Kitt.  Purrr purr 😸 

:asiancat:

25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thst would be really funny if he was actually playing at this years Aussie open . He isn’t ! 

I thought it was funny for exactly the reverse reason. Roger isn't playing so in the meme he is taking great delight in ensuring that Novak can't play either and beat his record.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I thought it was funny for exactly the reverse reason. Roger isn't playing so in the meme he is taking great delight in ensuring that Novak can't play either and beat his record.

True ! 👍😂 think he will beat it this year though which isn’t that pleasing as I am very fond of Rafa . 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

True ! 👍😂 think he will beat it this year though which isn’t that pleasing as I am very fond of Rafa . 

Indeed. It's only a matter of time. And vaccination perhaps.

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Arguably Rod Laver would have done job. Won 11 grand slams while forced to miss five years out as professional players were banned from competing.

Different eras though. People forget tennis existed before modern era but Laver was unreal player.

Laver was the greatest ever imo 

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Looks like the panel will be looking for new employment, Geoff. 

Wasn't there 2 separate panels? I'm sure I seen this earlier today. 🤷‍♂️

indianajones

Medical discrimination is alright now is it? 

What a farce. Why have exceptions then? Hope he gets a legal team involved.