Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

8 minutes ago, escobri said:

Someone followed it up shortly later with updated info, if your not interested don't respond.

"Someone". Is that all I am to you? :(

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Best if he plays then.

Crowd reaction to him will be entertaining. 

Seriously, there could be chaos. All it would take is for one person to shout out just as he's taking his service. That person is led out of the court. Then when he goes to serve again, someone else shouts out. Rinse and repeat.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Best if he plays then.

Crowd reaction to him will be entertaining. 

The crowd would make a helluva racket.☺

I P Knightley
58 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

tenor.gif

You've been a great audience; I've been I P Knightley. Thank you and good night!

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The crowd would make a helluva racket.☺

There could be a volley of abuse from the crowd!

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

You've been a great audience; I've been I P Knightley. Thank you and good night!

Ps, Please try the veal... 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Someone will rally the crowd. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Someone will rally the crowd. 

Only if they can figure out what the deuce is going on.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Only if they can figure out what the deuce is going on.

That certainly would be an advantage.

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

He may get a chance to do so for the French Open if Macron is holding the reins by then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59873833

He doesn't want unvaccinated gens doing rien.

Clay is boring as sin anyway imo.

He's either got a medical exemption or not though, and if he does, then it wouldn't look great to turn someone away due to their medical situation...though I guess that's exactly what Macron is trying to do anyway.

I hope he gets into both and loses in the first round.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That certainly would be an advantage.

I don't think Novak is going to love his time there at all.

38 minutes ago, escobri said:

Someone followed it up shortly later with updated info, if your not interested don't respond.

😂

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He may get a chance to do so for the French Open if Macron is holding the reins by then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59873833

He doesn't want unvaccinated gens doing rien.

Hes a clown. Little Napoleon syndrome really 

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Clay is boring as sin anyway imo.

He's either got a medical exemption or not though, and if he does, then it wouldn't look great to turn someone away due to their medical situation...though I guess that's exactly what Macron is trying to do anyway.

I hope he gets into both and loses in the first round.

its an odd surface really. Incredible to think of the great players who have never won there.  I cant be bothered listing them but its a lot. Even the greats only won it once or twice unless it was their preferred surface ?  Graf ,Evert . Borg and Nadal. 

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't think Novak is going to love his time there at all.

They may start lobbing things at him

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They may start lobbing things at him

I've come late to this. I need a slice of the pun pie.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

:rofl:

Good to see his father appreciative of the job Australian Border patrol is doing. I look forward to watching the episode on tv in a few months time.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Personally Pete Sampras would slap them all about, in any era.

Hard to argue against him on the grass courts they had back in those days. It's debatable whether or not he would be as effective on the modern courts.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good to see his father appreciative of the job Australian Border patrol is doing. I look forward to watching the episode on tv in a few months time.

Actually that is a great point. I hope they are filming it with a sombre voice over, highlighting that he's been in detention for as long as one of his epic 5 setters.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

There is a lot of truth in that tweet, although in this case the government in question is the VIC government rather than the Feds. The story about Djokovic this morning, to me, is a revenge mission from our Spring St overlords, who have been embarrassed after Djokovic came out and said he had an exemption, after the VIC government said that everyone involved in the tournament from spectators to players would be fully vaccinated.

Willing to bet that Djokovic will get the visa stamped and will be on his way soon, if it hasn't happened already.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There is a lot of truth in that tweet, although in this case the government in question is the VIC government rather than the Feds. The story about Djokovic this morning, to me, is a revenge mission from our Spring St overlords, who have been embarrassed after Djokovic came out and said he had an exemption, after the VIC government said that everyone involved in the tournament from spectators to players would be fully vaccinated.

Willing to bet that Djokovic will get the visa stamped and will be on his way soon, if it hasn't happened already.

👌

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Hard to argue against him on the grass courts they had back in those days. It's debatable whether or not he would be as effective on the modern courts.

Arguably Rod Laver would have done job. Won 11 grand slams while forced to miss five years out as professional players were banned from competing.

Different eras though. People forget tennis existed before modern era but Laver was unreal player.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh poor Novak. What a shame. It's not him, it's never him. Go on Australia, show Novak up as the numpty he is 

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Actually that is a great point. I hope they are filming it with a sombre voice over, highlighting that he's been in detention for as long as one of his epic 5 setters.

I miss the days when Chinese people failed to declare their foodstuffs and pleaded ignorance. Much simpler times. :(

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I miss the days when Chinese people failed to declare their foodstuffs and pleaded ignorance. Much simpler times. :(

😄 would be absolutely amazing if they had a show and switched between Djokovic and something like that

14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Well, looks like it's all kicking off at the airport 

🤣 wait till the old man kicks off 🥊

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

They’d be OUT if that happened. 

Latest insider info suggests he was losing the talks with immigration officers but took a 35 minute jobby break and,  having returned looking energetic,  is now winning.

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He seems quite a spiritual person .  Very in touch with himself and grounded . Not the crazed loon some are portraying him as on this . 

https://www.essentiallysports.com/religious-beliefs-and-spiritual-inclination-of-novak-djokovic/amp/

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He seems quite a spiritual person .  Very in touch with himself and grounded . Not the crazed loon some are portraying him as on this . 

https://www.essentiallysports.com/religious-beliefs-and-spiritual-inclination-of-novak-djokovic/amp/

Has teamed up with wim hof aswell, a very interesting man 🥶 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

:rofl:

Djokovic Senior is also quoted as saying "This is a fight for the liberal world, this is not just a fight for Novak, but a fight for the whole world.”

Way to up the ante. :)

https://www.theage.com.au/national/visa-bungle-delays-novak-djokovic-s-entry-into-australia-20220105-p59m75.html

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Djokovic Senior is also quoted as saying "This is a fight for the liberal world, this is not just a fight for Novak, but a fight for the whole world.”

Way to up the ante. :)

https://www.theage.com.au/national/visa-bungle-delays-novak-djokovic-s-entry-into-australia-20220105-p59m75.html

The old man sounds every bit as big a melt as his son. 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

I want Jamie Murray doing the voice over.😄

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious the reasons for the exemption may not be straightforward 

:wow:

I think Craig Tiley, the CEO of Tennis Australia, must have the squeakiest bum in Melbourne right now. I'm honestly shocked the politicians didn't back channel it to let him through.

They should do the appeal by Hawkeye on a big screen in the airport terminal.

----------------

-       GTF         -

----------------

Edited by Victorian