Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It's not just the opposing players whose health is at risk if Djokovic is carrying the virus. It's everyone he comes into contact with at the airport; on his transfer to his hotel; staff at the hotel; whoever's taking him to the tournament; staff in the locker rooms; kids taking his banana peel to put in the bins...

The potential spread is why the government put in their travel restrictions in the first place.

Absolutely. It's a matter of choice for him whether or not he takes the vaccine. One consequence of choosing not to take it is that he's not permitted to travel to Australia. It's simple.

If I'm offered a ticket to a match or a gig and choose not to buy it, I can't just turn up at the gate and expect to be let in. Same applies here.

Not quite as exemptions are available, which as it appears he has been granted, though with the uproar I think it will be reversed. Did he apply for it or was he offered it? Either way the organisers have won a watch with all this publicity.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

He might be genuinely frightened of needles, or have some other fear of having vaccines. Doesn’t make him not fit to play tennis.

people judge others far to quickly without any knowledge of what goes through their heads. People who want to force vaccines on others are just as bad as the anti vaxxers. 

I very much doubt he's afraid of needles. He's given samples to WADA and will be regularly tested by his own people while training.

Maybe the vaccine would react to other chemicals that the Lance Armstrong of tennis has taken. 

Who knows? 

Still prefer if Australian government just refuse to let him in, on the grounds he's a bit of a dick.

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can see Novak being totally determined to win this tournament now and get it up all the arseholes who think they have the right to tell folk what they can and can’t do. 

Fwiw I am no anti vaxxer. But as a libertarian what is happening to this world sickens me. 

Yep. If he manages to bypass the nutters in that god awful country. Why he wants to go back there ill never know. He can easily win the next 3 slams of the year but he is the reigning champ.. In fact they need him more than he needs them. There's a massive dearth in the men's game now apart from the now " big 2" as old dandy drawers swashbuckler Fed has all but hung up his jock strap and the newer ones are taking forever to come through. 

Maybe Braveheart misery guts Andy might pull it out of the bag?   His brother has complained bitterly about Novak being allowed to play. Yes dear , he is being allowed to play as he's a 20 times grand slam champion and 7 times record year ending number 1. You are only half a player when you win slams.  No one wants to watch you. You aint no box office. 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yep. If he manages to bypass the nutters in that god awful country. Why he wants to go back there ill never know. He can easily win the next 3 slams of the year but he is the reigning champ.. In fact they need him more than he needs them. There's a massive dearth in the men's game now apart from the now " big 2" as old dandy drawers swashbuckler Fed has all but hung up his jock strap and the newer ones are taking forever to come through. 

Maybe Braveheart misery guts Andy might pull it out of the bag?   His brother has complained bitterly about Novak being allowed to play. Yes dear , he is being allowed to play as he's a 20 times grand slam champion and 7 times record year ending number 1. You are only half a player when you win slams.  No one wants to watch you. You aint no box office. 

Don't mind some of your posts but completely disagree. Novak thinks he's untouchable when reality is, he's acting like spoiled brat. He needs tennis more than it needs him. Without it, he's just an ex-player and there's loads of them.

There will always be the next major winner and fans move on.

7 minutes ago, escobri said:

From what I can find 26 exemptions have been applied for, only one causing outrage though 🤷‍♂️#Nolefam

How many of the 26 have posted on their social media accounts that they are coming over for the tournament despite being unvaccinated? 

He didn't have to comment other to say than he's attending the tournament. 

Instead he's chosen to be the champion of the anti-vaxxers so has to expect he's going to open himself up to negative attention. 

As has been said, he seems to revel in adversity, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's deliberately at the wind up. 

12 minutes ago, escobri said:

From what I can find 26 exemptions have been applied for, only one causing outrage though 🤷‍♂️#Nolefam

Most were rejected though, yeah?

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its really not that difficult.

Oz rules.

You want in to Oz?

See Oz rules.

Otherwise...GTF

He did that's why he got an exemption, although probably subject to change, it's not that difficult.

People of wealth are flying all over the world every day and have been for the whole shitshow because of exemptions, whilst the poor triple jabbed stay home.

7 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

How many of the 26 have posted on their social media accounts that they are coming over for the tournament despite being unvaccinated? 

He didn't have to comment other to say than he's attending the tournament. 

Instead he's chosen to be the champion of the anti-vaxxers so has to expect he's going to open himself up to negative attention. 

As has been said, he seems to revel in adversity, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's deliberately at the wind up. 

He never mentioned his vaccination status, only the fact he's been granted an exemption. 

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't mind some of your posts but completely disagree. Novak thinks he's untouchable when reality is, he's acting like spoiled brat. He needs tennis more than it needs him. Without it, he's just an ex-player and there's loads of them.

“Just an ex player” :rofl:

Net worth of 220 million,  most successful tennis player in history. Probably the best player of all time as well imo. 

wont be another player to replicate his success. He isn’t just an ex player, he would be the greatest ex player in history and I respect his stance with this. 

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

He did that's why he got an exemption, although probably subject to change, it's not that difficult.

People of wealth are flying all over the world every day and have been for the whole shitshow because of exemptions, whilst the poor triple jabbed stay home.

One rule for "them"...

Are folk upset because a "god" has to submit to the same rules as the plebs?

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Net worth of 220 million,  most successful tennis player in history. Probably the best player of all time as well imo. 

wont be another player to replicate his success. He isn’t just an ex player, he would be the greatest ex player in history and I respect his stance with this. 

Good for you. Champions come and champions go. 

Personally, I reckon Borg and McEnroe would have smashed him, but we'll never know.

All those titles, all that money and yet still a prick.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

One rule for "them"...

Are folk upset because a "god" has to submit to the same rules as the plebs?

Apparently so. He's good at hitting a ball over a net so rules shouldn't apply.

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thats ok. We dont have to agree on everything. :) 

28 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Personally, I reckon Borg and McEnroe would have smashed him, but we'll never know.

They wouldn’t have smashed him. In fact they wouldn’t have smashed Andy Murray  levels go up and so does the standard. Why is he a prick btw? When someone is successful most people say that they are pricks. Probably jealousy. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, escobri said:

Apparently not picked his bags up yet at the airport 

Maybe he’s away for a wee prick in his arm.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's not liked because he's a cheating wank. 

Thinks he can do what he likes and feck everyone else. 

Well the rectangular faced cockwomble won't looked so chuffed when he is sent back home.

If he is allowed in then I'm sure he be given dog's abuse and deservedly so. He's nothing but an unadulterated ****.

Fair comment.

I P Knightley
53 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I don't disagree on his status as a tennis professional. Once he has his 21st GS under his belt, it's going to be hard for anyone to objectively argue against him being the greatest to have picked up a racquet.

However, that shouldn't come in the way of any argument over his approach to vaccines and playing the system when it comes to getting into Australia for this tournament. I don't see that he has a "stance". Taking a stance would involve some loud and proud statement about his beliefs and sticking to them. He's not doing that; he's being weasly, snide and sleekit; hardly the stuff of a great champion.

To date, his "stance" has been, 'no mother's gonna stick no needle with no vaccine in me, fool!'  But he's not prepared to die on that hill.

52 minutes ago, escobri said:

So the rest of his team then 🤣

Good thinking - I hadn't thunk of that. I wonder whether Mrs Djoko is in his entourage or whether he's using nannies again.

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well the rectangular faced cockwomble won't looked so chuffed when he is sent back home.

If he is allowed in then I'm sure he be given dog's abuse and deservedly so. He's nothing but an unadulterated ****.

I'm off to look for a rectangular face but in the meantime, I'll leave you with our very own rectangular mouthed Hibs supporter. Happy if you want to apply some of your customary eloquent commentary here...

Andy-Murray-shouting-from-PA.jpg

Edit:

The jawline rather effs up your rectangle, Jonno, but I can see it at a squint.

TOPIC%20Novak%20Djokovic

Edited by I P Knightley

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

If this was happening to Rodger Federer I doubt there would be as big a deal being made about it. He is after all the darling boy of tennis and Djokovic isn’t much liked. 

I don't like either of them however, it's got nothing to do with their popularity. Australia will apply their laws as they see fit and let's be honest more fairly than plenty of other regimes eg UK.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, escobri said:

The seethe on here is shocking, Christmas season of goodwill long gone 🤣

Christmas is shite.

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This. 

1 hour ago, escobri said:

He never mentioned his vaccination status, only the fact he's been granted an exemption. 

He wouldn't need an exemption if he was fully vaccinated... 

Edited by Aaron78

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They wouldn’t have smashed him. In fact they wouldn’t have smashed Andy Murray  levels go up and so does the standard. Why is he a prick btw? When someone is successful most people say that they are pricks. Probably jealousy. 

Does this count?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/23/novak-djokovic-tests-positive-for-covid-19-amid-adria-tour-fallout

37 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I don't like either of them however, it's got nothing to do with their popularity. Australia will apply their laws as they see fit and let's be honest more fairly than plenty of other regimes eg UK.

Melbourne folk won't like this, with the restrictions they're dealing with. Vaccine passports to do most things and Novak waltzes past them. 

42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You ever been to Australia, James? I can only assume you have been as you are very disparaging towards the country.

What don't you like about it ?

For my part I've been and absolutely love it and we can't wait to go back again.

If I was 40 years younger I'd move there permanently. 

If I wasn't feart of Spiders, Crocs and the rest, I'd go . But I may stick to Canada and NZ.   😨

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

He's a cheat. He feigns injury when he's behind, takes PEDs, supports genocide and is a dour faced *****.

Borg etc... Would have evolved as well. Picture what Jack Nicholas would have done with the equipment Tiger had. It's all relevant. Borg Mac Jimmy Ivan and Matts would have been super athletes if they lived now. Personally Pete Sampras would slap them all about, in any era.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s still in a room at the airport, not looking good 😆

5 hours since he landed, seemingly.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

5 hours since he landed, seemingly.

In a room on his own, what a shame. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I doubt that really. 

indianajones
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can see Novak being totally determined to win this tournament now and get it up all the arseholes who think they have the right to tell folk what they can and can’t do. 

Fwiw I am no anti vaxxer. But as a libertarian what is happening to this world sickens me. 

One of the few posters that actually makes sense on this topic. 

People not agreeing that medical reasons (mental and physical) are a private matter. Insanity. 

I'd have a bit more respect for him if he'd just be honest and state and explain why he's anti vaccine rather than some BS medical exemption workaround.

Maybe at the same time he could say if he agrees with his wife that Covid is spread by 5G.

13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Pretty meaningless stat then.

Someone followed it up shortly later with updated info, if your not interested don't respond.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

They should get the rubber gloves oot and vaccinate him up the farter.

It’s Oz so they just might. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Maybe his children's nanny is with him............

SSN reckon on his own at 5am, diddums. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Melbourne folk won't like this, with the restrictions they're dealing with. Vaccine passports to do most things and Novak waltzes past them. 

Best if he plays then.

Crowd reaction to him will be entertaining.