Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

See he’s trying to play the medical exemption card in order to enter Australia without being vaccinated.  Never taken to him and comes across aloof and arrogant. The Australian pm has made his feelings quite clear and if his exemption reason isn’t valid enough he will be on first flight home

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

One of the fittest men on the planet, people could learn a lot from him and how he has looked after his health and wellbeing, top boy, hope he wins it if the fake outrage doesn't get him kicked out the country before the tournament even begins. If he's allowed to play what's the bet a test will come back positive?.

1 minute ago, escobri said:

One of the fittest men on the planet, people could learn a lot from him and how he has looked after his health and wellbeing, top boy, hope he wins it if the fake outrage doesn't get him kicked out the country before the tournament even begins. If he's allowed to play what's the bet a test will come back positive?.

giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bw1sl92kcbl8sk7gjv

His exemption reason should be made public. Someone at the peak of health and fitness shouldn’t really have a physical reason, I imagine he will play the mental reason card

3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

His exemption reason should be made public. Someone at the peak of health and fitness shouldn’t really have a physical reason, I imagine he will play the mental reason card

Mental reasons aren’t as important as physical reasons? 

Vaccination status seems to be a big thing over in Oz. Noticed that a few teams in the A-League have came forward and confirmed that every player they are fielding in upcoming  games is fully vaxxed.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

I'd he's not fit, he shouldn't be playing.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'd he's not fit, he shouldn't be playing.

He might be genuinely frightened of needles, or have some other fear of having vaccines. Doesn’t make him not fit to play tennis.

people judge others far to quickly without any knowledge of what goes through their heads. People who want to force vaccines on others are just as bad as the anti vaxxers. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That’s definitely not what I’m saying, especially as someone who suffers from Ocd themselves, I just hope his reason is just

You cannae take a packet of crisps into Australia so it’s no surprise tbh.

Like many countries they have rules before admitting entry.

If you don’t agree with them then you don’t get in. Simple really. Sport stars shouldn’t be exempt at this stage of the epidemic unless they have valid health reasons. It’s the way it’s going to go.

Just now, Muppetboy said:

That’s definitely not what I’m saying, especially as someone who suffers from Ocd themselves, I just hope his reason is just

Well as someone with OCD you should know that these things are incredibly personal and private. Nobody should be forced to out their medical exemptions or have to prove why they can or can’t have a a vaccine. It is against someone’s fundamental human rights. He has obviously satisfied the relevant authorities so folk should move on. 

He could be at it but as a society we are told to be understanding and tolerant to one another. That can’t just be swept away when it doesn’t suit a particular narrative such as someone not wanting a vaccine. 

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He might be genuinely frightened of needles, or have some other fear of having vaccines. Doesn’t make him not fit to play tennis.

people judge others far to quickly without any knowledge of what goes through their heads. People who want to force vaccines on others are just as bad as the anti vaxxers. 

He's not Ill, mentally or physically. He's just a total *****. 

And if Australia want players vaxxed he should either get vaxxed or stay away.

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

You cannae take a packet of crisps into Australia so it’s no surprise tbh.

Like many countries they have rules before admitting entry.

If you don’t agree with them then you don’t get in. Simple really. Sport stars shouldn’t be exempt at this stage of the epidemic unless they have valid health reasons. It’s the way it’s going to go.

And Novak will be no different. He will have to satisfy the relevant authorities and if he has a genuine medical exemption he will get in. If it is to phobia or some other mental health reason other than physical then I am sure Australia have their own standards to be met. Here in the UK we have the disability act and nobody can discriminate someone based on a perceived mental illness. If Djokovic can satisfy that having a vaccine would cause him mental anguish then so be it. 

I wonder if he's the only exemption, there is a rule in place so surely they are expecting more? Lots of publicity for the tournament though so loads of money to be made 🤑🤑

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

And Novak will be no different. He will have to satisfy the relevant authorities and if he has a genuine medical exemption he will get in. If it is to phobia or some other mental health reason other than physical then I am sure Australia have their own standards to be met. Here in the UK we have the disability act and nobody can discriminate someone based on a perceived mental illness. If Djokovic can satisfy that having a vaccine would cause him mental anguish then so be it. 

And if other players think his involvement risks their health?

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Excellent point. 

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Well as someone with OCD you should know that these things are incredibly personal and private. Nobody should be forced to out their medical exemptions or have to prove why they can or can’t have a a vaccine. It is against someone’s fundamental human rights. He has obviously satisfied the relevant authorities so folk should move on. 

He could be at it but as a society we are told to be understanding and tolerant to one another. That can’t just be swept away when it doesn’t suit a particular narrative such as someone not wanting a vaccine. 

Another good points. 

JudyJudyJudy

Yeee ha.... well done sann for sticking to your principles and not giving into the baying pitchfork mob of the sanctimonious " vaxxed"  .  .  Its his body and his choice.  Its bad news not only for the zealots on this but for my favourite bum scratcher who was probably hoping he might get to 21 before Nole. Sorry Rafa you cutie,  but i think Nole might pip you to that one bud.  

R (4).gif

Jumps on plane and travels the world, but hasn't put a needle in his arm, ever. 💩 

Dental care, operations etc... Scared of needles. : 😨

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Then they can bring their concerns to relevant authorities and if they are truly concerned about their health when facing him they have the right to refuse to play him or withdraw. 

I am sure Djokovic will be doing the same rigorous testing as all all the other players. Djokovic will have sought all matter of legal advice regarding this and probably knows his rights as player and human being entering Australia. 

You can dislike it all you want. He has done nothing illegal. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Then they can bring their concerns to relevant authorities and if they are truly concerned about their health when facing him they have the right to refuse to play him or withdraw. 

I am sure Djokovic will be doing the same rigorous testing as all all the other players. Djokovic will have sought all matter of legal advice regarding this and probably knows his rights as player and human being entering Australia. 

You can dislike it all you want. He has done nothing illegal. 

That can be said about Lance . He doesn't have to partake if the vax bothers him that much.

And Australia won't give a feck what legal advice any ***** gets. They'll tell him to bolt.

Oh and I think Australia will decide what's legal. 

And how do you test without sticking things in your body. Up your nose and down your throat, the jag is a lot less hassle.

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

That can be said about Lance . He doesn't have to partake if the vax bothers him that much.

If he is legally allowed to and meets the criteria set why shouldn’t he play? Because others don’t like the fact he hasn’t been vaxxed? That’s their problem not his. 

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Disagree that someone shouldn’t disclose their reason for non vaccination just because it may be personal or private. If the most important man in Australia has voiced strong concerns then surely having approval from the relevant  authorities,as u put it,  shouldn’t be enough. This whole thing would detract from the tournament itself and there would be a public backlash that would follow Djokovic wherever he went in the country in the future

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Jumps on plane and travels the world, but hasn't put a needle in his arm, ever. 💩 

Dental care, operations etc... Scared of needles. : 😨

Spot on

Just now, Muppetboy said:

Disagree that someone shouldn’t disclose their reason for non vaccination just because it may be personal or private. If the most important man in Australia has voiced strong concerns then surely having approval from the relevant  authorities,as u put it,  shouldn’t be enough. This whole thing would detract from the tournament itself and there would be a public backlash that would follow Djokovic wherever he went in the country in the future

Even the most important man in Australia can’t force someone to disclose personal and private information to the public. That’s for courts to decide and then only if someone legally challenged them due to something unlawful. 

human rights are there for a reason. Unless you would rather live in North Korea or China. 

If this was happening to Rodger Federer I doubt there would be as big a deal being made about it. He is after all the darling boy of tennis and Djokovic isn’t much liked. 

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

If he is legally allowed to and meets the criteria set why shouldn’t he play? Because others don’t like the fact he hasn’t been vaxxed? That’s their problem not his. 

Isn't this the point, though? There seems to be some doubt around whether or not he does meet the criteria or whether rules have been bent to accommodate him.

Personally I don't have a strong opinion either way on the rules, but I'm steadfast in my view that they shouldn't make an exception to the exceptions just because they want a certain individual to play.

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Only one with the problem is him. Taking a vaccine is less hassle than testing. He's just being a pain in the arse. 

And he'd be first in the queue, if it was PEDs he was injecting. 

The good thing is, he's old and no ***** will give a feck what he does anymore, except his fellow Lego munchers. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

If this was happening to Rodger Federer I doubt there would be as big a deal being made about it. He is after all the darling boy of tennis and Djokovic isn’t much liked. 

It's not tho, so stop with the complex. He's a highly respected champion. But boo hoo Roger is loved more, so what. Oh and Roger isn't a defender of genocide.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Isn't this the point, though? There seems to be some doubt around whether or not he does meet the criteria or whether rules have been bent to accommodate him.

Personally I don't have a strong opinion either way on the rules, but I'm steadfast in my view that they shouldn't make an exception to the exceptions just because they want a certain individual to play.

I agree with you. Just because he is Djokovic he should have any special treatment. But ultimately he will have the money and stature to put in a proper legal challenge that’s others wouldn’t be able to and if there is a legal basis for him to play then there you have it. It there isn’t he won’t play. 

Pasquale for King

Running a tournament in 2020 that became a super speeder event and his nickname of Novax tells you all you need to know. 
Can’t stand him and hopefully his exemption will be analysed and he’s thrown out of the country. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Running a tournament in 2020 that became a super speeder event and his nickname of Novax tells you all you need to know. 
Can’t stand him and hopefully his exemption will be analysed and he’s thrown out of the country. 

👍

Unknown user

I hope he gets bummed by a giant new supervariant

The fact that Australia's Border Force contacted the Victorian Government asking them to sponsor his entry once they realised that he had the wrong visa, doesn't augur well for this possibility.

I P Knightley
13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's not Ill, mentally or physically. He's just a total *****. 

And if Australia want players vaxxed he should either get vaxxed or stay away.

I'm kind of with you on this one, Ri.

What I saw of the possible reasons for exemption, you'd have to have some serious illness or conditions, ones that would certainly make it unlikely you'd stick out 7 best of 5-set tennis matches. So, it's highly unlikely he has a physical illness that would grant him an exemption - but we'll see. The Aussie PM, Scott Morrison, has said he'll put Djoko back on his plane if he's not satisfied with the 'proof' of exemption.

I'm not sure that there's a mental illness exemption in the list; I didn't check in detail but doubt that there would be something.

I strongly doubt he's scared of needles. He and his wife have both publicly railed against "compulsory" vaccines; his wife nattering on about 5G signals being behind Covid.

He's remarkably disciplined with his exercise and diet in his focus on being a machine so that might be his logic in not wanting the vaccine, rather than the looney stuff his wife's come out with. However, if that's the case, he should realise that the rules for getting into Australia are incompatible with his stance on the vaccine and he shouldn't be whining like a little beeyatch about it and stay at home.

One thing's for sure. If he does stay in Melbourne without satisfactory and transparent rationale, the Aussie crowd will go to town on his ass. Although he kind of thrives on rarely being the crowd's favourite, he usually gets an easier ride in Oz than, say, Flushing Meadows. I doubt he'll manage to grin his way through 7 matches of the kind of vitriol that might come his way.

Pasquale for King
Just now, redjambo said:

The fact that Australia's Border Force contacted the Victorian Government asking them to sponsor his entry once they realised that he had the wrong visa, doesn't augur well for this possibility.

The PM has said he will throw him out the country if it’s not legit 😆
BJ would’ve invited him to a Downing Street party. 

Just now, I P Knightley said:

What I saw of the possible reasons for exemption, you'd have to have some serious illness or conditions, ones that would certainly make it unlikely you'd stick out 7 best of 5-set tennis matches. So, it's highly unlikely he has a physical illness that would grant him an exemption - but we'll see. The Aussie PM, Scott Morrison, has said he'll put Djoko back on his plane if he's not satisfied with the 'proof' of exemption.

I'm not sure that there's a mental illness exemption in the list; I didn't check in detail but doubt that there would be something.

I strongly doubt he's scared of needles. He and his wife have both publicly railed against "compulsory" vaccines; his wife nattering on about 5G signals being behind Covid.

He's remarkably disciplined with his exercise and diet in his focus on being a machine so that might be his logic in not wanting the vaccine, rather than the looney stuff his wife's come out with. However, if that's the case, he should realise that the rules for getting into Australia are incompatible with his stance on the vaccine and he shouldn't be whining like a little beeyatch about it and stay at home.

One thing's for sure. If he does stay in Melbourne without satisfactory and transparent rationale, the Aussie crowd will go to town on his ass. Although he kind of thrives on rarely being the crowd's favourite, he usually gets an easier ride in Oz than, say, Flushing Meadows. I doubt he'll manage to grin his way through 7 matches of the kind of vitriol that might come his way.

I think it's almost a certainty that he will claim that he's had Covid within the last 6 months, one of the reasons apparently being accepted for exception. And I'm sure he will have the relevant paperwork from a Serbian doctor to back this up.

Can see Novak being totally determined to win this tournament now and get it up all the arseholes who think they have the right to tell folk what they can and can’t do. 

Fwiw I am no anti vaxxer. But as a libertarian what is happening to this world sickens me. 

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

And if there's a bubble for all the players to keep to, vaxxed or not. Does this cover Novak, or does he do what he wants? 

Tennis has rules, but Novak doesn't like these rules , do the other players change to suit him.  

Where does 'What Noles want' end?

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can see Novak being totally determined to win this tournament now and get it up all the arseholes who think they have the right to tell folk what they can and can’t do. 

Fwiw I am no anti vaxxer. But as a libertarian what is happening to this world sickens me. 

Oh does it. Whoopee.

I'm sure people with dead parents etc... Hearts bleed for you.

Edited by ri Alban

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think it's almost a certainty that he will claim that he's had Covid within the last 6 months, one of the reasons apparently being accepted for exception. And I'm sure he will have the relevant paperwork from a Serbian doctor to back this up.

Aha! That would make sense.

Most Serbians I've come across in London claim to be pals with the Djokovic family. Novak can do nothing wrong and each of them would bend over and take it dry from him if he asked. One of them (actually a good pal) was saying to me before Christmas, "I don't know why he's letting there be a fuss about it; I know he's had the vaccine."

Where the rest of the tennis world fawns over Roger Federer, the Serbs fawn over Novak.

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think it's almost a certainty that he will claim that he's had Covid within the last 6 months, one of the reasons apparently being accepted for exception. And I'm sure he will have the relevant paperwork from a *Serbian doctor to back this up.

And an Aussie doctor produces a positive test result.

Oh Novak :byebye:

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Only one with the problem is him. Taking a vaccine is less hassle than testing. He's just being a pain in the arse. 

And he'd be first in the queue, if it was PEDs he was injecting. 

The good thing is, he's old and no ***** will give a feck what he does anymore, except his fellow Lego munchers. 

Testing does not come with potential negative effects on one's body, the man probably doesn't want to expose himself to any extra risks that he's not in control from.

I P Knightley
55 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's not just the opposing players whose health is at risk if Djokovic is carrying the virus. It's everyone he comes into contact with at the airport; on his transfer to his hotel; staff at the hotel; whoever's taking him to the tournament; staff in the locker rooms; kids taking his banana peel to put in the bins...

The potential spread is why the government put in their travel restrictions in the first place.

7 minutes ago, escobri said:

Testing does not come with potential negative effects on one's body, the man probably doesn't want to expose himself to any extra risks that he's not in control from.

Absolutely. It's a matter of choice for him whether or not he takes the vaccine. One consequence of choosing not to take it is that he's not permitted to travel to Australia. It's simple.

If I'm offered a ticket to a match or a gig and choose not to buy it, I can't just turn up at the gate and expect to be let in. Same applies here.