Safe standing poll

davemclaren

Safe standing at Tynecastle poll  

481 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use safe standing if it is introduced at Tynecastle?

• Always use safe standing area
    • Sometimes use safe standing but sometimes get a seat
    • Always use a seated area

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• ri Alban

• The Gorgie

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Dave the mibees aye, mibees naw has messed the poll up. Imo. :yadayada:

Not all. Gives you a view of core  and casual usage. 

Hopefully as and when safe standing comes to Tynecastle, it will signal an end to the selfish behaviour of those who stand in front of the disabled, infirm, elderly, and other people situated behind them who consequently can't see the game properly.

I've seen this happen at the bottom of section T, for example. Haven't paid attention for a while, so maybe it has stopped already. 

We stand in Lower G for bigger  games the now and have to stand when attacking 2nd half! Would add to atmosphere if it was a decent size, like whole of G! 

9 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Hopefully as and when safe standing comes to Tynecastle, it will signal an end to the selfish behaviour of those who stand in front of the disabled, infirm, elderly, and other people situated behind them who consequently can't see the game properly.

I've seen this happen at the bottom of section T, for example. Haven't paid attention for a while, so maybe it has stopped already. 

Spot On! Ignorant selfish Ars*eholes! 

Stand, though I do like a seat now and again having a proper thing to lean on would help.

I'd love the Gorgie to be standing, at least 50% of it from the lower rows up. Would look fantastic.

Broxburn Jambo

I have done my days of standing, at my age now, I even organised my season ticket with thought of the least number of steps

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I am 5 foot 7. I'd prefer to stand at the football but not if there are proper grown up sized people in front of me. So I picked seated.

I'm 6 foot 4 and I prefer standing because seats are usually packed too tightly for my legs to fit. I hate blocking people's views, though.

5 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Stand. We stand in section N so if there was a proper area it would be better, get a wee railing to lean on if the legs are getting tired.

I would imagine it would also be much safer if there was a proper safe standing area rather than supporters having to stand with seats folded up.

It's probably not worth the money for the club to implement it but I prefer to stand than sit at football matches and the few times I've experienced it, I'd say it was more enjoyable. 

John Findlay

As a 59 years old dinosaur this year, I still prefer standing. I get cramp alot sitting down at the football.

Happy for there to be safe standing areas as long as it's compulsory for people to sit in the seated areas. Nothing more selfish than people standing in all-seater grounds.

10 years ago I would have used safe standing.

Not now.Knees are getting worse as the years go on.

Stood at a Man City game in their safe standing area last year.

It was okay but not for me.

No objections if Hearts install it though.

24 minutes ago, benny said:

10 years ago I would have used safe standing.

Not now.Knees are getting worse as the years go on.

Stood at a Man City game in their safe standing area last year.

It was okay but not for me.

No objections if Hearts install it though.

Wasn't aware city had safe standing, thought Chelsea were the first of premier teams to do it last week?

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Overexcited fans jumping up and blocking others' view notwithstanding, am I the only person who wonders what all the fuss is about? The entire notion of 'safe standing' seems to me to be a(nother) example of unnecessary molly-coddling interference.

'Old fashioned' style terracing at the home end in the modern Veltins Arena? Nae problem, and we've all been to smaller grounds over the years either for pre-season friendlies or cup games where standing is the only option. Personally, I've never felt in any danger whatsoever.

There are people standing at every home game and, if I'm not mistaken, the away end for derbies & Ugly Sisters games is completely standing. At every Hearts home goal the entire home support becomes not only standing but highly animated.

For the above, not to mention en-masse standing and moving at half & full time, does Tynecastle become a death trap, or what?

I take it all that makes sense to yourself🤔

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

For whatever reason I seem to look smaller than I am as well☹️

Are you sure you aren't just standing really far away? Try standing closer to people and you'll definitely look bigger......🤔🙂

7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I am 5 foot 7. I'd prefer to stand at the football but not if there are proper grown up sized people in front of me. So I picked seated.

What would you like to be, when you grow up. Other than taller.

10 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Are you sure you aren't just standing really far away? Try standing closer to people and you'll definitely look bigger......🤔🙂

😂

No. It would remain the same.

Sure the rail seating used in Germany has a capacity of 1.3 times the seated capacity, the issue we have is that the rail seating requires the stand to be at a certain angle and I believe our stands are too steep to meet the safe standing regulations.

JudyJudyJudy

No i always sit down . Don't mind standing areas as long as they block out the seated people. I hate standing anywhere so its not just football related. Im always the first to nab a table in the pub. 

Edited by JamesM48

Surprised at the results so far. Standing, always for me.

Those who have experienced the Shed would vote the same.

Edited by Pap

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Sure the rail seating used in Germany has a capacity of 1.3 times the seated capacity, the issue we have is that the rail seating requires the stand to be at a certain angle and I believe our stands are too steep to meet the safe standing regulations.

You could well be right, just thought it would be the same as technically you aren't removing seats, just placing railings in front of them.

Wasn't aware city had safe standing, thought Chelsea were the first of premier teams to do it last week?

League cup tie v Wycombe.

With about 350 votes cast the poll is approximately

Always standing - 25% 

Sometimes standing - 25%
always sitting - 50%

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Always standing - 25% 

Sometimes standing - 25%
always sitting - 50%

How big is this pole in the survey? 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How big is this pole in the survey? 

Depends if he is standing or sitting. 🥸

Phil D. Corners

I’m getting on, so like to sit at games. 
But would stand if needed. 

I really think a sanding section would help the atmosphere at Tynecastle. 

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Always standing - 25% 

Sometimes standing - 25%
always sitting - 50%

Or...

53% standing always/sometimes

47% always sitting

The standing option has always had a clear majority, I think?

Not sure how the JKB demographic compares with the match-going support in general? Does anyone know the average age on here for instance? I'm ancient but still keen to stand.

48 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Or...

53% standing always/sometimes

47% always sitting

The standing option has always had a clear majority, I think?

Not sure how the JKB demographic compares with the match-going support in general? Does anyone know the average age on here for instance? I'm ancient but still keen to stand.

Or…

74% sitting always/sometimes

26% always standing 

Sitting has a clear majority 😎

Hackney Hearts
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Or…

74% sitting always/sometimes

26% always standing 

Sitting has a clear majority 😎

:lol: Yes, that was the point I was making - this is like the original poll, it splits the "standing" vote! The electoral commission devotes endless hours to appeasing political factions on issues like this. If the poll was the question "would you like to have the option of safe standing?", the answer would presumably be 53% Yes.

But tbf, your original post did say it wasn't scientific, just to get a gut feeling - so mission accomplished I'd say. 👍

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:lol: Yes, that was the point I was making - this is like the original poll, it splits the "standing" vote! The electoral commission devotes endless hours to appeasing political factions on issues like this. If the poll was the question "would you like to have the option of safe standing?", the answer would presumably be 53% Yes.

But tbf, your original post did say it wasn't scientific, just to get a gut feeling - so mission accomplished I'd say. 👍

It also splits the sitting vote. The purpose of the poll was not to find out who was favourable to the installation of safe standing but those who would actually use it. 

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The purpose of the poll was to find out ...who would actually use it. 

Job done 👌 

Edited by Hackney Hearts

I'm nearly 50 so a nice seat for me please. Anyway safe standing won't be anywhere as good as the old terracing of days gone by. 

Gorgie_Rules

Can already stand in lower N/Upper G, the two parts of the ground any atmosphere currently originates from.

Not sure if the installation of the rail seating would add much to be honest, quite expensive and the seat is handy for sitting down at half time.

9 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Can already stand in lower N/Upper G, the two parts of the ground any atmosphere currently originates from.

Not sure if the installation of the rail seating would add much to be honest, quite expensive and the seat is handy for sitting down at half time.

I think clubs are expected to make an effort to either stop folk from standing or improve the safety of those that insist on standing with the introduction of rail seats.

I'd be happy with Safe Standing, as to where it would go, I think it would need to be either the Gorgie (where Hospitality is) or in the Roseburn, anywhere else and Season Ticket holders in that section that wanted to sit would need to be moved to another part of the stadium which I'd imagine wouldn't go down well

6 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I’m getting on, so like to sit at games. 
But would stand if needed. 

I really think a sanding section would help the atmosphere at Tynecastle. 

I'm not sure if this would help the atmosphere.   Sorry couldn't resist :) 

image.png

23 hours ago, Pap said:

Surprised at the results so far. Standing, always for me.

Those who have experienced the Shed would vote the same.

I stood in the Shed for years.

I voted seating.