• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

peterborough sign fuchs from dundee united. 

Figures. United now have no more fuchs to give.

21 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

peterborough sign fuchs from dundee united. 

Really hope the Dundee papers have said “Jeando Fuchs off to Peterborough”. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dundee United losing Fuchs and Aberdeen losing Hedges is a good end to the window. 

Utd, Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell all losing their best or one of their best players. St Mirren potentially too. Mind you so might we by the end of the window. Luckily we've got several other best players.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Aberdeen rumoured to be bidding £450k for Uche?

Theres a glitch in Aberdeen and Hibs FC, they’re like bots trying to destroy themselves.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Theres a glitch in Aberdeen and Hibs FC, they’re like bots trying to destroy themselves.

Oh my god this would be fabulous.. my sheepie mate slagged him off relentlessly 

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

That would be crazy, I liked Uche but it was clear that he struggled to adapt to Scottish football, so paying £456k is daft. Its like Hibs and Aberdeen look at our ex-players or players we have been linked to and sign them.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That would be crazy, I liked Uche but it was clear that he struggled to adapt to Scottish football, so paying £456k is daft. Its like Hibs and Aberdeen look at our ex-players or players we have been linked to and sign them.

Going by his time with us I'd be instructing every defender to go down at the slightest touch. Guaranteed free kick.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Going by his time with us I'd be instructing every defender to go down at the slightest touch. Guaranteed free kick.

Yup, while having their arms wrapped around him. Seemed that refs approved of that.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

It can’t be true, he had one decent 45 for us v Aberdeen, everything else was atrocious.  

His goal at Easter Road? 

I also quite enjoyed his step overs just before he knocked the ball to Hickey to hit that screamer! 😍

Edited by iainmac

24 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Crazy money but do remember a cup and league game against Aberdeen when uche did well

Clark Griswold

I wonder if big uche would get the same treatment from our wonderful world class referees as he did with us 

13 minutes ago, iainmac said:

His goal at Easter Road? 

I also quite enjoyed his step overs just before he knocked the ball to Hickey to hit that screamer! 😍

The step overs are etched in my memory forever. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The step overs are etched in my memory forever. 

It surely would've featured on the "what happened next?" segment on the old QoS. 

Just now, iainmac said:

It surely would've featured on the "what happened next?" segment on the old QoS. 

Hahaha. With everyone guessing wrongly that he fell to the floor like a broken ballerina doll. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Aberdeen had Cosgrove remember , any slight touch he won a freekick.Hearts as usual had the big physical side labelled at us when we had Uche.Every big forward we have had has been persecuted while others in the division have got away with everything.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Crazy money but do remember a cup and league game against Aberdeen when uche did well

You say it's crazy but did he not go to a Championship team for £1m

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

His goal at Easter Road? 

Didn't he also tear Tierney inside out before setting up Lafferty in a 1-0 win?

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

You say it's crazy but did he not go to a Championship team for £1m

yeah that surprised me too but shows you how a year at Wycombe did with his value

There’s a player of Uches description at a Cormack Park, but to be honest the description was the least PC thing I’d heard, so could be anyone darker than GMS.

I’d love them to sign Uche, could be Charlie-Cook though.

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

2 goals in 20... 

I think you might be right. Its a non-OF team, so he'll face the same problems he had here if he does that. I see Cardiff are in for him too though. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

2 goals in 20... 

I think you might be right. Its a non-OF team, so he'll face the same problems he had here if he does that. I see Cardiff are in for him too though. 

He looked totally frustrated by the way officials treated him latterly when he was with us. I have a feeling that if he has a choice it won’t be up here.

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He looked totally frustrated by the way officials treated him latterly when he was with us. I have a feeling that if he has a choice it won’t be up here.

Kinda makes me wonder if the officials have much bearing on if players come up here. The nonsense non-OF teams are subjected to must be common knowledge?

FWIW Uche was properly victimised by the officials. He got zilch from them and zero protection so its no wonder he had such a tough time. Not a particularly talented player, but he could have been a lot more effective if the refs hadn't collectively decided to turn against him. Think Levein could have been louder in his defence but recall him saying something about just because he's a big lad doesn't give opposition defenders carte blanche to do what they want. 

Tokyo Drifter
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

The Sheep will have the money, at least. Can't understand how they're doing so badly in the league and sides like Bologna are throwing £5 million at them for someone (Ramsay?) - and we'll lose Soapy to the H**s for diddley-squat.

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Kinda makes me wonder if the officials have much bearing on if players come up here. The nonsense non-OF teams are subjected to must be common knowledge?

FWIW Uche was properly victimised by the officials. He got zilch from them and zero protection so its no wonder he had such a tough time. Not a particularly talented player, but he could have been a lot more effective if the refs hadn't collectively decided to turn against him. Think Levein could have been louder in his defence but recall him saying something about just because he's a big lad doesn't give opposition defenders carte blanche to do what they want. 

Had he played for either of the Old Firm he would have got foul after foul awarded to him.  Watching players with two handfuls of his jersey while folk like Beaton and Collum ignored it must have frustrated the hell out of him.  Abysmal refereeing in most games he played in.

On 28/01/2022 at 11:47, vegas-voss said:

I love Hibs fans excuses now for Porteous " he is a marked man in Scotland now , great player but needs to get out " totally ignoring the fact he is shite and an animal.

A good mate of mine is a Hibs fan and he reckons Porteous is a superstar when he's on it - trouble is that's not very often 😂

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Didn't he also tear Tierney inside out before setting up Lafferty in a 1-0 win?

I also remember Scott Brown bouncing off him onto his a*** at Tynecastle. That was quite amusing, happened right in front of us

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Charles-Cook starting for County so he’s not going anywhere.

Can’t be true .net said he was at East Mains yesterday.😂

45 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can’t be true .net said he was at East Mains yesterday.😂

Haha the big man is pacey don’t forget.

Until this season the lad has a shocker of a goal scoring record.

Strange situation with Spurs attempts to buy the non league player and him rejecting the terms. Surely wouldn’t take much to better his current deal not to mention playing for one of the biggest teams in the country!

2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Strange situation with Spurs attempts to buy the non league player and him rejecting the terms. Surely wouldn’t take much to better his current deal not to mention playing for one of the biggest teams in the country!

Were Spurs putting a guarantee first team place in his contract? 

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Were Spurs putting a guarantee first team place in his contract? 

It never said on the piece on sky sports. U don’t turn down a move to Spurs from that level of football surely?

jamboinglasgow

Seems deals are picking up in pace (understandably with 2 days left.)

Brighton have accepted Newcastles £13m bid for Dan Burn.

Burnley have Wolfsburg's Dutch Striker Wout Weghorst in for a medical 

Liverpool have signed Luis Diaz from Porto

Spurs have Juventus' Dejan Kulusevski in for medical to complete a loan deal (they are also close to signing Juventus' Rodrigo Bentancur)

Hibs' Gogic is looking likely to sign for St Mirren.

24 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

It never said on the piece on sky sports. U don’t turn down a move to Spurs from that level of football surely?

It's a regular thing to turn down moves to bigger clubs. A lot of players prefer to play rather than get lost with little chance of playing. Plenty examples of players losing 2 or 3 years of career by going to big clubs. 

Edited by Mikey1874

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Their best attacking player

Yup, you would think they will sign someone else but I suspect Besuijn is who they think will replace him. Aberdeen have lost 5 first team players in this window and brought two in (including a player coming from the US College system) and they have lost another attacker in Marley Watkins to long term injury.

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, you would think they will sign someone else but I suspect Besuijn is who they think will replace him. Aberdeen have lost 5 first team players in this window and brought two in (including a player coming from the US College system) and they have lost another attacker in Marley Watkins to long term injury.

They were after Mikey Johnston from Celtic. Not sure if they still are.

Edited by GinRummy

55 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seems deals are picking up in pace (understandably with 2 days left.)

Brighton have accepted Newcastles £13m bid for Dan Burn.

Burnley have Wolfsburg's Dutch Striker Wout Weghorst in for a medical 

Liverpool have signed Luis Diaz from Porto

Spurs have Juventus' Dejan Kulusevski in for medical to complete a loan deal (they are also close to signing Juventus' Rodrigo Bentancur)

Hibs' Gogic is looking likely to sign for St Mirren.

Found that funny posting EPL big money transfers, then mentioning  Gogic.:lol: