***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Is Charlotte FC not the club that the wee team were meant to have a tie-up with.?

Wonder if Boyle will throw himself on the floor of Ron's office to try and get his move

Nooooo the wee team linked up with Charlestown Battery, another wee team.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Nooooo the wee team linked up with Charlestown Battery, another wee team.

Ah right, thanks

How could I forget the name those giants of the MLS

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

In Hibs defence :sick: he shouldn't have signed that new contract or should have been savvy enough to include clauses that would allow him to discuss such a potential move.  He just looks like a greedy idiot, obviously got his agent to disclose his release clause in the summer to get a bumper contract.

As much as I’d like to see him away on the cheap your right in saying Boyle sounds like a greedy guy. Threatening to leave to get a better deal from hibs a while back so probably got his wages doubled so was happy to sign a new contract and stay at hibs then first sign of better money somewhere else he’s jumping ship 

In saying all that I hope he goes as he’s a good player plus the money will go right into Ron’s  pocket anyway 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well let's see how the season ends? 

I'm talking long term, let's see how far we go in Scottish Cup, and what are league position is at the end of season 👍

I'm talking long term  as well, what you are talking about is nothing new.

Teams have always tried to sign good players and then if they sell them get as much money as possible.

Every team in the world.

Torque explained it very well.

The problem down at ER is the difference in salaries throughout the first team squad.

Nisbet and Porteous are amongst the lowest earners in the current squad yet Hibs consider them two of their most valuable assets. 

10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The problem down at ER is the difference in salaries throughout the first team squad.

Nisbet and Porteous are amongst the lowest earners in the current squad yet Hibs consider them two of their most valuable assets. 

On the recent This is my Story podcast Joel Skedd advised Hibs have  been throwing money at recent player contracts, now paying more than Hearts and Aberdeen, there new signing from the USA , Muller is on around 9k a week, double what we are paying Craig Gordon 

6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

On the recent This is my Story podcast Joel Skedd advised Hibs have  been throwing money at recent player contracts, now paying more than Hearts and Aberdeen, there new signing from the USA , Muller is on around 9k a week, double what we are paying Craig Gordon 

A recipe for disaster.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, gordiegords said:

If I had the chance to tripple or quadruple my wage and didnt get to go then id be raging too, hopefully then end of Boyle at hibs is on the horizon, diving ratbag.

This is satisfying. But Boyle should have thought about this as part of his contract extension and put in a decent release clause so it’s mostly his fault for being a dick

50 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Triple he said. 

Whixh suggests we are grossly under paying Gordon although there was a hint that appearance money might be decent.

Malinga the Swinga
28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This is satisfying. But Boyle should have thought about this as part of his contract extension and put in a decent release clause so it’s mostly his fault for being a dick

Triple he said. 

Whixh suggests we are grossly under paying Gordon although there was a hint that appearance money might be decent.

We aren't grossly underpaying Gordon anything. We offered a wage and he agreed to it by signing contract.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We aren't grossly underpaying Gordon anything. We offered a wage and he agreed to it by signing contract.

Moot point. He signed as well. Other side of the coin is that Hibs are grossly overpaying. No big issue really 

The Old Tolbooth

When you consider that Boyle plays for Australia, then a move to Saudi would really benefit him as it seriously cuts down on travelling time for internationals as well, it's a no brainer really. 

See ya cheat :) 

4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Is Charlotte FC not the club that the wee team were meant to have a tie-up with.?

Wonder if Boyle will throw himself on the floor of Ron's office to try and get his move

Charlotte FC are the new MLS team, owned by the Carolina Panthers ownership. Think it was Charleston Battery that have the tie up with them- they play at the level below MLS....

If Boyle goes late in the window it will hurt their chances of catching us so I hope he's offski even if they get big money from this Saud mob or whoever.

12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If Boyle goes late in the window it will hurt their chances of catching us so I hope he's offski even if they get big money from this Saud mob or whoever.

My view is Hibs are trying very hard to do a speculate to accumulate model - it's very very obvious.

Thing is, they've tried for a couple of years now to sell Doig, Porteous and Nisbet - who, with Boyle, are their only players with market value.  And even then the first three, their value is probably diminishing.

So I'm all for Boyle being sold.  Here's why: it'll embolden their approach, which is wholly flawed.  I don't think their scouting or entire football set-up is capable of producing the goods, so the more they head down the path of throwing wages at pish hoping they can sell them, and bringing in guys who already have their eyes on their next move - go for it.  Frankly, we've been there and it didn't work.  In fact it was messy, and ended badly (well not so badly cos we're brilliant and now have FoH etc - for Hibs, erm, not so much).

And what do you notice about the 4 guys of value mentioned above?  All at the club pre-Gordon's scouting set-up.  All either youth or Mathie guys I'd think.

Sell him.  Make some quick cash, lawd over it.  Then watch your team lose their only threat and your owners and Steve bloody Kean rip your guts out!!

18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My view is Hibs are trying very hard to do a speculate to accumulate model - it's very very obvious.

Thing is, they've tried for a couple of years now to sell Doig, Porteous and Nisbet - who, with Boyle, are their only players with market value.  And even then the first three, their value is probably diminishing.

So I'm all for Boyle being sold.  Here's why: it'll embolden their approach, which is wholly flawed.  I don't think their scouting or entire football set-up is capable of producing the goods, so the more they head down the path of throwing wages at pish hoping they can sell them, and bringing in guys who already have their eyes on their next move - go for it.  Frankly, we've been there and it didn't work.  In fact it was messy, and ended badly (well not so badly cos we're brilliant and now have FoH etc - for Hibs, erm, not so much).

And what do you notice about the 4 guys of value mentioned above?  All at the club pre-Gordon's scouting set-up.  All either youth or Mathie guys I'd think.

Sell him.  Make some quick cash, lawd over it.  Then watch your team lose their only threat and your owners and Steve bloody Kean rip your guts out!!

Ronny Gordon is there for one reason only, to try and make dollar.  Any whiff of a sizeable transfer fee and their sending their pals over at the Daily Record and the Sun fake bids to try and whip up a frenzy.  

Boyle -  on his day unplayable, those days are one in 20.

Doig - has been shown to be poor defensively and very little offensively

Nisbet - a steady SPL striker with a 1 in 3 ratio

Porteous - a red card waiting to happen, in any league with VAR hes completely worthless. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Ronny Gordon is there for one reason only, to try and make dollar.  Any whiff of a sizeable transfer fee and their sending their pals over at the Daily Record and the Sun fake bids to try and whip up a frenzy.  

Boyle -  on his day unplayable, those days are one in 20.

Doig - has been shown to be poor defensively and very little offensively

Nisbet - a steady SPL striker with a 1 in 3 ratio

Porteous - a red card waiting to happen, in any league with VAR hes completely worthless. 

Spot on, good point about VAR also. 

Pasquale for King

Defoe to Newcastle? Didn’t do well under Howe at Bournemouth and played for Sunderland but would be a good foil for Wood for five months? Beggars can’t be choosers. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Defoe to Newcastle? Didn’t do well under Howe at Bournemouth and played for Sunderland but would be a good foil for Wood for five months? Beggars can’t be choosers. 

I saw Defoe on the tv at West Ham on Sunday. Wondering if he was about to come back to England. 

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Again though they extended their deals so that's poor by them not the club

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I saw Defoe on the tv at West Ham on Sunday. Wondering if he was about to come back to England. 

Wouldn’t be a bad short term signing for them, maybe just coming off the bench for twenty minutes. 

kingantti1874

So Hibernian who have the smallest income are paying daft wages.. to players who haven’t earned it 😂 pissing off their existing players .. quality 

Leaves Rangers after 3 years, haven't heard what is next for him, but would you take him as we're looking for a striker, we probably couldn't afford him but thought I'd mention it. 

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm talking long term  as well, what you are talking about is nothing new.

Teams have always tried to sign good players and then if they sell them get as much money as possible.

Every team in the world.

Torque explained it very well.

Hopefully we can be successful at doing that then, as in cups and league ☺. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, jbee647 said:

We might have to close the book on Hibsed Its if it turns out they spent 10 years obsessing over every aspect of our finances and operations, bragging about how well run they are compared to us, taking us to task for overpaying and crazy fees for foreign players no-one's heard of, and slagging off everything else Romanov did - and then they let their club make exactly the same mistakes a few years later. It really would be hard for them to top that. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hopefully we can be successful at doing that then, as in cups and league ☺. 

Hopefully, 3 cups in 50+ years is not good enough.

Hibs have to throw money at it, to even give themselves a chance of catching us. 

Preferably Hearts could recruit two strikers this window and a central defender if Souttar leaves. 

But pre contracts will be worth taking a look at too, with English teams releasing players and not renewing there contracts, I hope we can pick up a few decent players from academy's. 

Salford City have emerged as the favourites to secure the services of Birmingham City striker Sam Cosgrove.

I wonder if that means they don't want Gnando now.    Obviously other clubs were interested in him.    Very quiet. 

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Salford City have emerged as the favourites to secure the services of Birmingham City striker Sam Cosgrove.

I wonder if that means they don't want Gnando now.    Obviously other clubs were interested in him.    Very quiet. 

gonnae-no-dae-that.gif.38b914745b5242c81eb33f1d571b435f.gif

6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

gonnae-no-dae-that.gif.38b914745b5242c81eb33f1d571b435f.gif

😀

I did  indicate other clubs were interested also.    I think Tranmere was mentioned as one.    It's quiet though.   No offers, just interest. 

Edited by HMFC01

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

😀

I did  indicate other clubs were interested also.    I think Tranmere was mentioned as one.    It's quiet though.   No offers, just inteterest.  

:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We might have to close the book on Hibsed Its if it turns out they spent 10 years obsessing over every aspect of our finances and operations, bragging about how well run they are compared to us, taking us to task for overpaying and crazy fees for foreign players no-one's heard of, and slagging off everything else Romanov did - and then they let their club make exactly the same mistakes a few years later. It really would be hard for them to top that. 

We are talking about the same club that hosted a relegation party before getting pumped in a derby and getting relegated?!

Malinga the Swinga

Chris Wood to Newcastle from Burnley. Thought they were going to sign top class forwards to help avoid relegation and instead, they have an utterly overrated huddy who is pish.

If that's the best they can get, they're still in danger of going down.

Kilmarnock sign Daniel mackay on loan from hibs. Weren't there some people on here gutted that he signed for hibs rather than us making a move for him?

18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Chris Wood to Newcastle from Burnley. Thought they were going to sign top class forwards to help avoid relegation and instead, they have an utterly overrated huddy who is pish.

Tbf, he's averaged roughly 1 goal in 3 at Burnley which isn't bad at all. Defo not worth the £20-25 million quoted though. Seems almost a desperate attempt to get someone in for the weekend on their part.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You could very much look at that another way mate.  not overly up on my EPL but Wood has been in relegation fights, won them, scored goals.  He's solid, he's a pro, he's reliable.

If I were a Newcastle fan I'd be quietly happy about that type of signing, probably Trippier too tbh.  Their only focus is not going down (perhaps a slight eye on bouncing straight back should that happen).  If they stay up, this summer is when they look at more "exciting" prospects.

I mean, who would they get in now - in January, with Wilson out, when everyone knows they're desperate??  What's Mario Baloteli up to these days???!

29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You could very much look at that another way mate.  not overly up on my EPL but Wood has been in relegation fights, won them, scored goals.  He's solid, he's a pro, he's reliable.

If I were a Newcastle fan I'd be quietly happy about that type of signing, probably Trippier too tbh.  Their only focus is not going down (perhaps a slight eye on bouncing straight back should that happen).  If they stay up, this summer is when they look at more "exciting" prospects.

I mean, who would they get in now - in January, with Wilson out, when everyone knows they're desperate??  What's Mario Baloteli up to these days???!

Probably his nuts in some wee signorita

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Probably his nuts in some wee signorita

Always quite liked Mario!

Edited by TheBigO

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

He's a solid enough signing tbf, their defence and midfield is where money really needs to be spent, they've conceded way more goals than those around them yet have scored more than 8th place Wolves this season. 

"Tranmere sign Hemmings

Further to the Gnanduillet rumours, this looks a pretty good pick-up by Tranmere.

Hemmings scored 20 goals in 63 games for League One Burton."

I guess they or Salford could still sign gnanduillet. 

😭

58 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

"Tranmere sign Hemmings

Further to the Gnanduillet rumours, this looks a pretty good pick-up by Tranmere.

Hemmings scored 20 goals in 63 games for League One Burton."

I guess they or Salford could still sign gnanduillet. 

😭

Gnando was such a weird signing. Comes in, scores 2 on his debut and we're thinking Sow 2.0 and turns to absolute shite. 

Really need to try and stay out of the 28+ age bracket for signings. So few of them have actually been decent of late.