***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

gorgie rools
7 hours ago, Locky said:

What's the Hampden with Boyle? Have Celtic made a bid? Few Hibbies on Twitter talking like he's offski.

P.S. There's not a ****ing hope in hell Hibs are paying that weasel £8k a week, or this American lad more. :rofl: 

Was told when the American boy signed he was their highest earner on £8000 a week. No idea what Boyle will be on now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nisbet is an OK signing, but for 250 grand or so? We got a much better footballer in Boyce for a lot less. Put it this way, if Boyce was Scottish he would be well ahead of Nisbet in the queue to play for Scotland.

They have both been good signings. I never said Nisbet was better than Boyce. 

Ex member of the SaS

Sorry if slightly off topic but I have always found it strange that players are traded between clubs with the player having little say on where he goes. ( don't know how much say players have mind ) Just seem a gossip report about Hibs Doyle being scouted by a Saudi team and thought how much say does he get to refuse? No interest in the player but it was the report that got me thinking.

17 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry if slightly off topic but I have always found it strange that players are traded between clubs with the player having little say on where he goes. ( don't know how much say players have mind ) Just seem a gossip report about Hibs Doyle being scouted by a Saudi team and thought how much say does he get to refuse? No interest in the player but it was the report that got me thinking.

He gets offered a contract and either accepts of rejects it. If anything nowadays the players have all the power.

Players agents will be contacting clubs all of the time encouraging them to make offers.

Majestic if true. Can only end one way.

There will be significant unrest ……….

Boyle wanted by a club in Dubái 🤷🏻‍♂️

301BEBA6-1B64-4FDC-AF1B-C9017BE35623.jpeg

Edited by ShedBoy

Ex member of the SaS
31 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Majestic if true. Can only end one way.

There will be significant unrest ……….

Boyle wanted by a club in Dubái 🤷🏻‍♂️

301BEBA6-1B64-4FDC-AF1B-C9017BE35623.jpeg

I thought it was against the rules for someone to pay wages out with the clubs funds? I know he's the owner but did they not try to hammer Romanov for this?

Ex member of the SaS
35 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He gets offered a contract and either accepts of rejects it. If anything nowadays the players have all the power.

Players agents will be contacting clubs all of the time encouraging them to make offers.

That's the point though, Say Hibs are desperate to sell and he keeps refusing to go, surely they would pay his wages due to contract,  but make him play with the reserves and what player wants that? Just how far could a player push the issue of not going before it impacts on his ability to play and therefore his chances of another gig.

10 hours ago, Locky said:

What's the Hampden with Boyle? Have Celtic made a bid? Few Hibbies on Twitter talking like he's offski.

P.S. There's not a ****ing hope in hell Hibs are paying that weasel £8k a week, or this American lad more. :rofl: 

BBC saying that he has been offered £1 million a year deal to go to some un-named Saudi Club. He would be mad to refuse if true plus he will have a softer landing on the sand when he dives.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I thought it was against the rules for someone to pay wages out with the clubs funds? I know he's the owner but did they not try to hammer Romanov for this?

Yep Messi would of still been at Barcelona if they could get away with that.

I read that Motherwell and St Johnstone are both trying to sign Rudden from PT.

Motherwell have had a bid rejected. That would maybe indicate that Watt will be off this month to Utd.

46 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Did we not do that with Naismith? Did I make that up?

13 hours ago, Locky said:

Supposedly livid that the bid from Saudi Arabia was knocked back. He would have quadrupled his earnings apparently.

ginger jambo98
6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Supposedly livid that the bid from Saudi Arabia was knocked back. He would have quadrupled his earnings apparently.

The thatched haired wee toly shouldn’t have signed a contract extension on less wages if he thought he was worth more. 

52 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

The thatched haired wee toly shouldn’t have signed a contract extension on less wages if he thought he was worth more. 

Its interesting Hibs were able to get him to sign an extension at all tbh. He was good when they got him signed up, so it makes me wonder what he's on. 

Obviously we seem to have issues retaining top talent and I can think of a few really good players both Hibs and Aberdeen have managed to get to sign new deals. Makes me wonder what we're doing wrong or if its just bad luck. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Its interesting Hibs were able to get him to sign an extension at all tbh. He was good when they got him signed up, so it makes me wonder what he's on. 

Obviously we seem to have issues retaining top talent and I can think of a few really good players both Hibs and Aberdeen have managed to get to sign new deals. Makes me wonder what we're doing wrong or if its just bad luck. 

Maybe we have better players with more options? As I recall there was no real interest in Doig and Boyle's only option before signing a new contract was Aberdeen.

jamboinglasgow

Celtic's Stephen Walsh is wanted by Udinese according to reports in Italy. They wanted a loan with option to buy, but Celtic refused and now they are coming in to buy which Celtic want at least £1.6m for him.

40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Celtic's Stephen Walsh is wanted by Udinese according to reports in Italy. They wanted a loan with option to buy, but Celtic refused and now they are coming in to buy which Celtic want at least £1.6m for him.

he has only one league game this season for celtic and i see they are about to or have signed an australian riley mcgree

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he has only one league game this season for celtic and i see they are about to or have signed an australian riley mcgree

No he hasn't, he has had 8 league games for Celtic (wiki is incorrect on that) and 19 games in total this season.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

No he hasn't, he has had 8 league games for Celtic (wiki is incorrect on that) and 19 games in total this season.

cheers, that makes more sense with the fee they are after

StevenNaismith
12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

We were interested in McGree in the summer but he went on loan to Birmingham instead. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

cheers, that makes more sense with the fee they are after

To be fair it was surprising to see a Serie A club after him, but Ange seems to rate him and he has played in the Europa League matches. But would like to see another Scot player in Serie A so would be all for it.

"Hibs are willing to offer out-of-favour Norwich defender Rocky Bushiri an opportunity to move to Edinburgh on loan.

The 22-year-old Belgian is known to manager Shaun Maloney from the Belgian international set-up."

Looks like his scouting is getting used now.   No idea what he's like from my view. 

There's a suggestion Porteous could get sold. 

Edited by HMFC01

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

"Hibs are willing to offer out-of-favour Norwich defender Rocky Bushiri an opportunity to move to Edinburgh on loan.

The 22-year-old Belgian is known to manager Shaun Maloney from the Belgian international set-up."

Looks like his scouting is getting used now.   No idea what he's like from my view. 

There's a suggestion Porteous could get sold. 

"Cobra kai" are making a series 5. 

Only place he is getting sold to. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Pasquale for King

Hibs strategic partnership with Brighton doesn’t seem to have done either club much good so far 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽😆?!?!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
39 minutes ago, Rods said:

Owner takes to twitter to quell rumours lol. 

And talks about not needing to sell a player in a story relating to another team’s player who is on loan…

🤪

Scott Leitch
3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

We were interested in McGree in the summer but he went on loan to Birmingham instead. 

No we weren't. He was always going back to Birmingham and we weren't in for him mate. 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 06/01/2022 at 19:21, vegas-voss said:

There is absolutely no way Maloney has had any say in any of those Hibs signings

:glorious:

Hibs have reportedly had a bid for former Hearts defender Toby Sibbick rejected.  Sibbick looks set to leave Barnsley but it won't be for Hibs. 

🖕

Benjamin Siegrist set for Rangers pre-contract 'offer' as champions look to Dundee United 'keeper for next season

With Allan McGregor and Jon McLaughlin both out of contract. 

The Old Tolbooth
On 08/01/2022 at 10:55, The Grim Reaper said:

Just liked the look of him the very short time he was with us.

I'd happily exchange him for Haring.

To be fair mate, I think any half decent player would have stood out amongst that shower of impostors. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

And talks about not needing to sell a player in a story relating to another team’s player who is on loan…

🤪

That lad isn't right. 

He's got Trumps levels of nonesense pouring put of him. 

I'd be worried if I was a Aberdeen fan. 

He's like Vlad without the banter and more  stupid. 

According to Sky Sports the wee team have rejected a 2M bid from a Saudi Arabian team for Tom Daley(Martin Boyle)

Edited by Chaps

On 09/01/2022 at 00:59, jimbojambo said:

There is always the question of the deferred wages from last season when they openly mocked Ann Budge for agreeing wage cuts with our higher paid employees. I'm sure that given their long standing moral stance on financial cheating they will have paid in full and would under no circumstances be signing players that they can't afford. 

And of course whilst they were buying players, they had the cap out to the S Govt. Shame that's a long-term loan. 

20 hours ago, Rods said:

Owner takes to twitter to quell rumours lol. 

Cormack really is a ****ing gobshite of the highest order. Talk is cheap.  

Why is it that Hibs manage to tie their sellable assets down and potentially reap financial benefits but ours seem to walk away for nothing 

This is an issue we need to address going forward. 

13 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Why is it that Hibs manage to tie their sellable assets down and potentially reap financial benefits but ours seem to walk away for nothing 

Alrhought the reality is they always manage to get themselves a good rumour in the media

Nisbet for 3m

Porteous for 1m

Doig for millions

Which has actually materialised into anything? They seem to just get an easy ride in the media and overhype their players 

23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Cormack really is a ****ing gobshite of the highest order. Talk is cheap.  

It’s the fact he’s batting away Twitter rumours that gets me. Can you really imagine Ann Budge jumping on Twitter and taking some random fud to task over a rumour? He’s got a bit of the Trump about him. 

17 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

What financial benefits have they reaped recently? None. Zero. Hee-haw.

You don’t actually the believe that they are sitting on £10 million pound worth of talent do you 😂

46 minutes ago, Chaps said:

According to Sky Sports the wee team have rejected a 2M bid from a Saudi Arabian team for Tom Daley(Martin Boyle)

As usual it will come down to the player. If it’s massive wages he will be off or really pissed off. Sure his mrs plays as well so that may be a factor for staying

2 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

St Johnstone signed a few players I see. No doubt after 8 defeats on the trot they'll be bang up for it next week now. 

we know how that goes. Will mean nothing

14 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What financial benefits have they reaped recently? None. Zero. Hee-haw.

You don’t actually the believe that they are sitting on £10 million pound worth of talent do you 😂

Point is they have protected themselves by the players signing new deals.

Ours don’t. 

Ours run down their contracts by refusing new deals. 

It’s makes little good business sense to allow this to happen repeatedly 

Soutar is a quality player 

Boyle is an effective player. 

One will likely leave for nothing. 

One has his club turning down £2m. 

Norwich signed that new Hibs signing in 2019, he’s made zero appearances for them but been loaned to now 6 different clubs where he has managed a handful of appearances at each. 
Journeyman, he’ll warm the bench and step in for Porteous bans, be back at Norwich in the summer.

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Norwich signed that new Hibs signing in 2019, he’s made zero appearances for them but been loaned to now 6 different clubs where he has managed a handful of appearances at each. 
Journeyman, he’ll warm the bench and step in for Porteous bans, be back at Norwich in the summer.

Probably right but look at Beni with us.  I can't think of many loan players they have brought in ever (apart from their parent club celtic) that have been a success though. 

24 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Ours don’t. 

Can’t really blame Hearts for the Souttar situation.

Malinga the Swinga
37 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Ours don’t. 

If contracts matter so much to you, go and support Hibs.