***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

Guest ToqueJambo

That Patterson fee is incredible - more than Liverpool paid for Andy Robertson and not much more than Celtic got for Van Djik. Just 4 starts for Rangers and starting behind Steven ODonnell for Scotland until very recently. Reminds me of when they got 5m or something for Danny Wilson after just a few games. Seems like a risk by Everton to pay that much for such an unproven player but maybe 11m is chump change down there. It's almost the type of fee that you don't believe but how would it benefit either club to inflate it in the press?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That Patterson fee is incredible - more than Liverpool paid for Andy Robertson and not much more than Celtic got for Van Djik. Just 4 starts for Rangers and starting behind Steven ODonnell for Scotland until very recently. Reminds me of when they got 5m or something for Danny Wilson after just a few games. Seems like a risk by Everton to pay that much for such an unproven player but maybe 11m is chump change down there. It's almost the type of fee that you don't believe but how would it benefit either club to inflate it in the press?

Everton are probably one of the biggest basket case clubs in Europe. Millions upon millions of pounds spent, not a single tangible thing achieved. 

I rate Paterson very highly. He has pace and raw talent but £11.5 million ! Jesus H that’s a gamble of huge proportions

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Disappointed to hear this. He is a very good player who would have been a good signing for us. 

Yeah 👍tbf we have a good squad, Newcastle just recalled Matty Longstaff, his brother Sean played for Kilmarnock on loan, so from Aberdeen losing longstaff i suppose that softens the blow, glad he isn't going to either of the pair of green monsters. 

We shouldn't panic infact i would be happy if all signings this window were loans, better players available on pre contracts that can join us for nothing next season, so Hibs and the others can throw money at it all they want, they are playing catch up 👍

55 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Reported £16m deal, with 11 up front according to Sky news.

So they've paid 10 Aaron Hickeys

That really boils ma pish

Certain factors playing for a title winning team and has played in Europe, small change for Everton. 

Hope he does well, now he is away from them. 

We play our cards right, our time will come, Europa league group stages. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Certain factors playing for a title winning team and has played in Europe, small change for Everton. 

Hope he does well, now he is away from them. 

We play our cards right, our time will come, Europa league group stages. 

You mean NOT playing for a title winning team. Not often anyhow.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

You mean NOT playing for a title winning team. Not often anyhow.

He played games, just not as much as Tav, I would personally say he is a better defender than Tav, showing a lot of potential was on a long contract. 

And has been capped for Scotland, wish we had Souttar on a longer deal. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Sands to play for Rangers  hmmm..:kirk:

Exactly what I was thinking 😂😂 let's keep it clean though. 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

3.5 year deal for a wee laddie who has hardly played 😂😂😂 what a gift Hibs are

Taking a risk has potential, will maloney get it out of him? 

Horatio Caine
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Harry Clarke is going to sign for Hibs on an 18 month loan deal.

Are Hibs going on a signing spree?  Typical behaviour of a foreign owner.  Doesn't usually end well.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Are Hibs going on a signing spree?  Typical behaviour of a foreign owner.  Doesn't usually end well.

Sounds like it, thats a centre back, an attacking midfielder, a winger and striker they are currently after or signed. Currently they have a first team squad of 30 players so that would bump it up to 33 (as Mueller is counted in the 30.) Now they will be a few who will move on such Gogic and some youngsters like Tait and McKay will probably go out on loan. But thats a lot of players and I am sure they wont stop at 4 this window.

Horatio Caine
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Sounds like it, thats a centre back, an attacking midfielder, a winger and striker they are currently after or signed. Currently they have a first team squad of 30 players so that would bump it up to 33 (as Mueller is counted in the 30.) Now they will be a few who will move on such Gogic and some youngsters like Tait and McKay will probably go out on loan. But thats a lot of players and I am sure they wont stop at 4 this window.

But could they beat our 11 in one Jan window?  I certainly hope so!

11 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Robbing Peruvian pensioners as we speak.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yet another parallel with Romanov. And paying a fee for a relatively experienced player like Mackay then sending him out on loan straight away.... that's what the likes of Man City do. It's not sustainable for a club Hibs size.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He played games, just not as much as Tav, I would personally say he is a better defender than Tav, showing a lot of potential was on a long contract. 

And has been capped for Scotland, wish we had Souttar on a longer deal. 

You could say that. He has 4 starts for Rangers. Capped because of the Rangers effect. Not saying he's not a good prospect or a better option than Stephen ODonnell for Scotland - he is - but that fee is mental. It's maybe 2m of player and 10m of potential.

Using that benchmark Hickey should be currently 15m of player and another 10m or so of potential.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You could say that. He has 4 starts for Rangers. Capped because of the Rangers effect. Not saying he's not a good prospect or a better option than Stephen ODonnell for Scotland - he is - but that fee is mental. It's maybe 2m of player and 10m of potential.

Correct  lucky if worth a quarter of that

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I reckon Savage is aware of that 😉

Have we been offered anyone? Wouldn't mind getting Billy Koumetio. 

Scott Leitch
26 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Correct  lucky if worth a quarter of that

He's worth whatever a club will pay for him. That's the bottom line. 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Exactly. Its tiresome when people talk about a worth of a player. The same with player is bought for x, so another player must be worth y. 

Everton believe that he has great potential as a player and can go into the first teams squad, the player is a capped international, has some experience in Europe and has done well in the knock out stage of Europe, but crucially, Rangers were not looking to sell him, they rejected earlier bids, Rangers though they have big loses still have the financial clout that means they could reject the earlier bids and had a contract till 2024.

If he goes on to be a regular starter at Right back for next 3 or 4 seasons and does well for them, then the fee paid now could be seen as bargain. As you say its what a club is wishing to pay.

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

It's a major fail of a club with Everton's resources that they need to spend that much on a largely untried youngster to be back-up to Coleman instead of bringing through their own. Fair enough if they bought someone that age in for that money who has 50-100 games under their belt. It's very risky but if you have that much money...

Beni Bangimine was released by them for nothing and he's excelled up here. So, not sure how Patterson's few games in Scotland, or even for Scotland, guarantees he can make it down there when someone with Beni's talent couldn't. He might prove a bargain or he might not. It's a definite punt.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly. Its tiresome when people talk about a worth of a player. The same with player is bought for x, so another player must be worth y. 

Everton believe that he has great potential as a player and can go into the first teams squad, the player is a capped international, has some experience in Europe and has done well in the knock out stage of Europe, but crucially, Rangers were not looking to sell him, they rejected earlier bids, Rangers though they have big loses still have the financial clout that means they could reject the earlier bids and had a contract till 2024.

If he goes on to be a regular starter at Right back for next 3 or 4 seasons and does well for them, then the fee paid now could be seen as bargain. As you say its what a club is wishing to pay.

It's called a transfer "market" for a reason though so it's pretty much the only benchmark we have to value players. Given there seems to have been no bidding war for Patterson, it seems like Everton wanted a young FB enough to meet Rangers asking price. Rangers must be amazed to get over half (including addons) of what Tierney went for after a handful of starts.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Psychedelicropcircle

Anybody any idea if Everton sell the boy on that we’ll get a % seen as his name is Patterson 😛

12 million for Everton & every other Prem side isn't a big gamble.  The gamble is for Rangers, isn't a great look to be selling young stars and in 12 months they are going to need to sign a new RB to replace ageing Tavernier 

11 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

12 million for Everton & every other Prem side isn't a big gamble.  The gamble is for Rangers, isn't a great look to be selling young stars and in 12 months they are going to need to sign a new RB to replace ageing Tavernier 

Nah

It is a great help to their youth system. Shows the pathway including not standing in his way for the dream move as with Billy Gilmour albeit different in he had freedom to move. 

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Using that benchmark Hickey should be currently 15m of player and another 10m or so of potential.

Correct, I actually think Paterson is a very good player and will only get better but it's mental to think that (despite the age difference) Everton have paid virtually the same for him as Newcastle have paid for Trippier from Atletico Madrid who captained England in the autumn!

12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Have we been offered anyone? Wouldn't mind getting Billy Koumetio. 

He's a big laddie hoping he will make the Liverpool first team in a few seasons maybe form a partnership with Konate. 

10 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Garbage, Tavernier has a long time left in game subject to serious injury, is fit as a fiddle.

10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Correct, I actually think Paterson is a very good player and will only get better but it's mental to think that (despite the age difference) Everton have paid virtually the same for him as Newcastle have paid for Trippier from Atletico Madrid who captained England in the autumn!

There's a scale though isn't their.  Depends how you're looking at it.  I'd say it's mad to pay that money for an ageing Trippier!!!  Thing is Newcastle will say they need ready to go players who they know will hit the ground running (for obv reasons), so that fee is worth it if he helps them stay up etc.  A young lad with potential really not what they need.

Everton, well who knows, but this season prob somewhat written off and they want to build something would be the line.  If they hadn't been so batshit over the last few years, you'd say this is possibly a decent investment and a lad who could fetch them 5x this if he fulfills his potential (read yesterday he's 6ft3 - kid really seems to have all the right tools).  He can understudy Coleman for the rest of this year and be bang ready for next season.

Gutted the The Rangers are getting this cash, but I don't see it as all that daft (in today's daft world anyway!).  Players are worth what the buyer will pay and the buyer will be influenced by their need.

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Garbage, Tavernier has a long time left in game subject to serious injury, is fit as a fiddle.

Yup, would think he's at least a couple of years left in him to be fair.  Shame!  Hey still nice they don't have a top class understudy when he's out!

15 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He's a big laddie hoping he will make the Liverpool first team in a few seasons maybe form a partnership with Konate. 

Yeah, 6 foot 6! I subscribe to a few different scouting channels on YT and he's came up on there a couple of times as one of these "wonderkids". He's had one or two games in the first team over the last couple of years like Woodburn had, but still officially an Academy player and yet to fully break through. If we're a CB down, he would be an excellent short term solution. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah, 6 foot 6! I subscribe to a few different scouting channels on YT and he's came up on there a couple of times as one of these "wonderkids". He's had one or two games in the first team over the last couple of years like Woodburn had, but still officially an Academy player and yet to fully break through. If we're a CB down, he would be an excellent short term solution. 

Only a handful of players from the youth and academy make it and I'm sure he will, He is a stand out in the reserve league when I watch the games. 

Liverpool are getting rid of a lot of players in the reserves and academy these clubs have far to many players on the books.  

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nathan Paterson is a good player - using him as benchmark though must value Hickey at between £15m to £20m.

Hickey has achieved so much more in club football - this than a handful of international games doesn't add a huge amount of value IMO.

10 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble with this one but they're absolutely fine at RB because 1) Tavernier has only just turned 30 at the end of October and has a good couple of years left in the tank, and 2) They're close to signing a young guy James Sands from NYCF on an 18 month loan-to-buy as Patterson's replacement. That's a very astute piece of business if you ask me as the lad is only 21, can play RB, CB, CM, RM, is already a regular international, and they have him basically for free for free for the next 18 months. AND if they do decide to buy him at the end of the 18m loan, it'll be at a price agreed today rather than what he'll be worth at that point. So he could crack on and be worth £10M or so in 18m time, but they'll only need to pay £2-3M to sign him permanently. They've done very well out of this. Unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Only a handful of players from the youth and academy make it and I'm sure he will, He is a stand out in the reserve league when I watch the games. 

Liverpool are getting rid of a lot of players in the reserves and academy these clubs have far to many players on the books.  

Cool 🤞

They do seem to be having a clear-out (no wonder - their Academy squad is absolutely massive) so I had a look to see if there was anyone who might be useful to us either on loan or otherwise and only Koumetio and Paul Glatzel really peaked my interest, with the latter already being out on loan somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cool 🤞

They do seem to be having a clear-out (no wonder - their Academy squad is absolutely massive) so I had a look to see if there was anyone who might be useful to us either on loan or otherwise and only Koumetio and Paul Glatzel really peaked my interest, with the latter already being out on loan somewhere. 

Glatzel was on loan at Tranmere Rovers for the first part of the season i'm not sure if he is still there.

Yeah the academy is huge with players like that Tony Gallagher who has signed for St Johnstone he was signed for 200k from Falkirk, A loan to Canada made one first team appearance in that game v Villa when Liverpool had two games in two days and is transferred for free, Such a slim chance of even making it at Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea will be the same sign so many young players and will all eventually be released. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Just passing on what was said last night on Granada TV, who will get their info from Everton, not TRFC's PR department, and they said the transfer fee was 'about £10m'. Can't think of a reason why Everton would want to understate the fee, but, there again, TRFC have never been known to exaggerate transfer fees to placate their supporters, either, I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Nathan Paterson is a good player - using him as benchmark though must value Hickey at between £15m to £20m.

Hickey has achieved so much more in club football - this than a handful of international games doesn't add a huge amount of value IMO.

I think you're bang on mate - don't think Bologna would entertain offers of anything less than £15-20M at the moment. Hickey's estimated market value on Transfermrkt is currently £11.7M. Patterson's is around £3M but will climb sharply now. I've absolutely no doubt in my mind that if Hickey had a couple of years remaining on his contract with us, that we could have got around £7M. Think we did alright to get nearly £2M all things considered, and hopefully we have a wee 10% sell-on, which might soften the blow of losing him for so little initially, especially if he does eventually live the ultimate dream by going to AC Milan or Juve or something for £20-30M !

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He knows the drill.😂

Screenshot_20220105-102810_Chrome.jpg

Got to be an undercover agent, surely.  Not because this is made up, or WUM type stuff, simply because it is so close to the truth and implausibly lucid for it to be anyone on jistyinmairhit.net

These guys may do OK for them, but they feel very Hibs.  Had guys, even not Hibbies telling me in the summer that the lad McKay they signed was a top top player and that Hearts recruitment was awful cos we weren't in for guys like him!!! Tee hee!

23 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Glatzel was on loan at Tranmere Rovers for the first part of the season i'm not sure if he is still there.

Yeah the academy is huge with players like that Tony Gallagher who has signed for St Johnstone he was signed for 200k from Falkirk, A loan to Canada made one first team appearance in that game v Villa when Liverpool had two games in two days and is transferred for free, Such a slim chance of even making it at Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea will be the same sign so many young players and will all eventually be released. 

Yeah he is at Tranmere - I think its a full season loan. Their Academy squads are some size. It's actually ridiculous. They have more than 100 players on their books lol.