***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

They'll get a decent wee wedge for both by Scottish standards - but two things.  You don't want to lose players who are tried and tested and doing well (same goes for us with Soapy, Halks and Kingsley) as no matter how good your recruitment is, it isn't guaranteed (and theirs is shite!!!).

Secondly, how much of any transfer fee simply makes its way to wee Ron and his family?  Hefty chunk you'd think.

Nisbet has been crap for months now but I’d still be delighted if they sold him and Boyle as like you said they know this league and as much as I know nothing about the new guys hibs are bringing in I find it hard to believe they are better than nisbet or Boyle so it weakens hibs in my eye so all good 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Nisbet has been crap for months now but I’d still be delighted if they sold him and Boyle as like you said they know this league and as much as I know nothing about the new guys hibs are bringing in I find it hard to believe they are better than nisbet or Boyle so it weakens hibs in my eye so all good 

Yeah on the flipside of what I said, if they were offered anywhere near say £2M for Nisbet, they'd be mental not to cash in.  The only reason they wouldn't take less would be cos they themselves have valued him higher.

I know that Ross told the club quite some time back (maybe last Jan) that he was happy enough for them to sell Porteous, Doig and Nisbett as all were "very replaceable".  True story!

Nisbet is bang average and that’s being kind. If Hibs get anything like seven figures for him then they have won a watch and it’s brilliant business 

Looks like the Dens owners are unhappy with Leigh Griffiths performances.   Could terminate his loan.   No mention of the manager getting sacked yet.   They will be after another striker no doubt.   

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Nisbet is bang average and that’s being kind. If Hibs get anything like seven figures for him then they have won a watch and it’s brilliant business 

Too true. File Nisbet alongside Shankland - good in the Scottish Championship, crap everywhere else. Any club spending seven figures on him is wasting a lot of cash.

jamboinglasgow
56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t  say I’ve heard of this guy before. 

Liverpool full-back Tony Gallacher joins St Johnstone on permanent deal https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59868631

Was getting linked with a lot of big clubs when he was 17 (including Barcelona.) So had a lot of promise. Think he could be a decent signing for St Johnstone but needs to play.

38 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Too true. File Nisbet alongside Shankland - good in the Scottish Championship, crap everywhere else. Any club spending seven figures on him is wasting a lot of cash.

Every time I see him I just think how feeble he is, really.  So easily bullied out of a game.  Goes missing at the drop of a hat.

To his credit, he's a very good finisher.  Hs goal record in the last year would suggest he's been poor at getting himself in to positions though.  You wonder if he's got attitude problems, in all honesty. Would be the norm for a Hibs player, I guess!

16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Excellent cone positioning is what I've heard. 

…if they run out of cones, I’ve heard he just puts on his hi-viz jacket to make the numbers up. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

…if they run out of cones, I’ve heard he just puts on his hi-viz jacket to make the numbers up. 

:biggrin:

He still has to stand on a ladder to keep the height of them even

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:biggrin:

He still has to stand on a ladder to keep the height of them even

😂

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/dundee-united-confirm-fulham-partnership-22637656

The development and recruitment of players is considered key to the partnership, with both clubs said to share similar visions.

Similar partnerships are already in place at two other Scottish Premiership clubs, with Aberdeen working closely with Atlanta United and Hibs with Brighton.

Tony Asghar, United's sporting director, said: "It is great to finally announce our collaboration agreement with Fulham FC.

"Having met with a number of the club’s directors, senior management and the football department on a number of occasions, it was clear that both clubs share similar long-term objectives and understand that innovative working practices are key to creating competitive advantages within our respective leagues.

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Looks like the Dens owners are unhappy with Leigh Griffiths performances.   Could terminate his loan.   No mention of the manager getting sacked yet.   They will be after another striker no doubt.   

Kyle Lafferty will be Dens bound if LG gets punted back to Celtic 

7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/dundee-united-confirm-fulham-partnership-22637656

The development and recruitment of players is considered key to the partnership, with both clubs said to share similar visions.

Similar partnerships are already in place at two other Scottish Premiership clubs, with Aberdeen working closely with Atlanta United and Hibs with Brighton.

Tony Asghar, United's sporting director, said: "It is great to finally announce our collaboration agreement with Fulham FC.

"Having met with a number of the club’s directors, senior management and the football department on a number of occasions, it was clear that both clubs share similar long-term objectives and understand that innovative working practices are key to creating competitive advantages within our respective leagues.

Yup, so similar to the Hibs relationship with Brighton, should we now be expecting to get a cracking loanee from Fulham?

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup, so similar to the Hibs relationship with Brighton, should we now be expecting to get a cracking loanee from Fulham?

😀    I don't think much has transferred either way from hibs <>Brighton or Atlanta<>Aberdeen.   

This Fulham deal seems to be possibly vague at the moment whether they are talking about academy under 16 or all ages. 

Yeah if we want a Fulham player on loan I don't think it would be a problem.   So long as we can afford it.   Perhaps in the affordability aspect Dundee Utd might be granted a discount. 

19 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Kyle Lafferty will be Dens bound if LG gets punted back to Celtic 

I will go with that.   Sounds reasonable.    

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

They'll get a decent wee wedge for both by Scottish standards - but two things.  You don't want to lose players who are tried and tested and doing well (same goes for us with Soapy, Halks and Kingsley) as no matter how good your recruitment is, it isn't guaranteed (and theirs is shite!!!).

Secondly, how much of any transfer fee simply makes its way to wee Ron and his family?  Hefty chunk you'd think.

I think more than it normally would too as with the Gov loans they cant pay themselves bonuses I believe…..

4 hours ago, theshed said:

Id be happy for them to keep Nisbet as their focal point for the rest of his career. Watched a lot of Hibs this season and he’s been ****ing awful

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

If true? Mhanks wont want him back, probably offer a settlement with him to get rid

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

And Boyle and/or Nisbet oot the door, you have to wonder??

If they sell Boyle, they're goosed imo.

Dunno if they're goosed, but they'll need to change the way they play which will be a shock to them. 

The  well known Brazilian tradition of  punting the ball as high and long as possible for a diving shite to chase will need to be revised. 

Maybe Nisbet can be Lukaku and the new Norwegian the new  K Debryne (sp) so the Belgian way should be easy to replicate down in leef. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

If true? Mhanks wont want him back, probably offer a settlement with him to get rid

Still dont understand why they gave him a years contract in the summer. They are not getting money from anyone, he was not going to play.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Still dont understand why they gave him a years contract in the summer. They are not getting money from anyone, he was not going to play.

baffling

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

probably thought they could extend his contract then swap him with boyle at hibs for nothing

14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

probably thought they could extend his contract then swap him with boyle at hibs for nothing

still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up  there

3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Nathan Patterson deal finalised, a good move for the kid

Yep, just hope he plays.  Is Coleman still their first choice?  Must be about 58!

Boyces beard
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Yep, just hope he plays.  Is Coleman still their first choice?  Must be about 58!

Yeh Coleman and Jonjoe Kenny are the two senior right backs, both out of contract in the summer. Coleman only 33 ( i thought he was older) seems to have been around for ever.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, May one-six said:

Also file under Keith Wright and Jason Cummings. Nisbet has the feel of a player like those two and Shankland who stood out at a lower level but, aside from brief flashes, can't sustain those performances at a higher level. No wonder Hibs were trying to cash in on his one good season. If he was 21 you'd say he's a good prospect but he's 24. If he wasn't in the Scotland squad due to our lack of strikers he'd be getting no attention at all.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It’s clear to me.  New one year contract. Punted to Dundee for that year so Dundee get a player they couldn’t afford to pay a full wage to.  Final instalment in kind to Dundee for “past favours” carried out. 

SomethingAboutObua
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think they re-signed him to use him in a swap deal/makeweight in the same summer window(eg as part of the deal for when Nisbet was decent) but then his texts to that girl came out. I don't think Celtic could have believed their luck when Dundee said they would still take him...

Boyces beard
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Jamie McGrath Aberdeen bound. 

yip, will be a good signing for the sheep unfortunately. I reckon he will end up down south in a couple of years

20 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

yip, will be a good signing for the sheep unfortunately. I reckon he will end up down south in a couple of years

I really thought a team in the Championship would have taken him.

A very good signing.

Glamorgan Jambo

Decent amount of cash into Sevco these last few months with the Patterson transfer and Gerrard and co compensation. I presume that will cover this season’s operating losses.

6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Decent amount of cash into Sevco these last few months with the Patterson transfer and Gerrard and co compensation. I presume that will cover this season’s operating losses.

Not sure they will get the 10m up front in a oner when nobody else wanted Patterson at that price, unless Everton are a registered zombie hun charity. Big Mike will have most of it ringfenced anyway. 

The Treasurer
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good to see Rangers accept that they’re a selling club. 

Still a bit of a sickner that they get £10m plus for a squad player while we are set to get nothing for one of our best players 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Still a bit of a sickner that they get £10m plus for a squad player while we are set to get nothing for one of our best players 

Definitely. 

53 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not sure they will get the 10m up front in a oner when nobody else wanted Patterson at that price, unless Everton are a registered zombie hun charity. Big Mike will have most of it ringfenced anyway. 

Reported £16m deal, with 11 up front according to Sky news.

So they've paid 10 Aaron Hickeys

That really boils ma pish

19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Disappointed to hear this. He is a very good player who would have been a good signing for us. 

I'd wager he'll struggle to get into Aberdeen's midfield and won't be there for the start of the 23/24 season.

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Disappointed to hear this. He is a very good player who would have been a good signing for us. 

seconded, i think he would have been a good addition.

Mcinnes confirmed at Kilmarnock now. Decent appointment for someone who could have ended up with us if neilson hadn’t started the season so well

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I really thought a team in the Championship would have taken him.

A very good signing.

Aberdeen under Glass make everybody look like shite though

Guest ToqueJambo

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Sounds like Aberdeen will lose Ryan Hedges as well who's one of their best players. Arguably weaker if McGrath replaces him.

28 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye, us too at Pittordrie

:whistling:

edit:

Smiley added as not to confuse that the post was too serious

Edited by Tommy Brown

31 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was at Falkirk , Liverpool signed him for 250k few years ago Nephew to our Keeper coach Paul Gallacher. 

👍