• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

17 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

"The ex-West Ham United midfielder was also touted with a potential switch to David Beckham's Inter Miami side before the rumours surrounding a Brazil move started to circulate.

A few months ago, Arsenal confirmed that Wilshere was back at London Colney, with the club helping the player to prepare and train for his next step while he does his coaching badges.

Wilshere later clarified that he has an agreement with the club until January, and he’s been attending some of the academy games so he’s prepared to help coach them as well.

But January has now arrived, and the goal for Wilshere was always to sign a playing contract at one club or another during the winter window. "

@Smith's right boot

He's been offered to Fortaleza.    I assume by his agent.   So it's definitely an option he must be interested in.   Unless he sacks his agent :lol:

Financially he is still way out of our league. 
Playing wise he would be an enormous injury risk. Has been injured for majority of his playing career 

Ability wise he is exactly what we need - a box to box midfielder who brings other players into the game. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Newcastle, Everton, Leicester in for Morelos, fee being quoted £20mil 

Newcastle ha ha ha I will crack the jokes. This sound to me like their usual transfer window punt Morelos attempt

Just now, Rods said:

Newcastle ha ha ha I will crack the jokes. This sound to me like their usual transfer window punt Morelos attempt

Wilson out and Saint Maximin out too desperately need a striker 👍

Not entirely transfer related but I'm connecting it to Souttars potential move. 

Stoke just lost 1-2 to Presten NE.   Steven Fletcher started up front :lol:

What a mess they are in.   I'd be joining Blackburn Rovers unless Stoke said were signing better strikers.   I'd want a release clause if that promise was broken. 

23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Financially he is still way out of our league. 
Playing wise he would be an enormous injury risk. Has been injured for majority of his playing career 

Ability wise he is exactly what we need - a box to box midfielder who brings other players into the game. 

Yeah I agree.    I posted it here because I don't agree he should be a Hearts target.    Play him on the wing probably pull a hamstring, play him in the middle he'll twist his ankle.   He's injury prone and not able to play at a high level reliably for long.   Just my view and an opinion.   All the best to him though.  Probably should try the MLS then try for a player coach role after that. Maybe in England lower leagues.   Unless he fancies jumping straight into Wrexham now.   They were interested last month. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs apparently offered the lad Henderson at cellic 3.5 year deal 

That's mental,my Pars supporting mate said he was shite.😂

6 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don't encourage them - here's a text dump of the article, totally deranged.

Hibs tipped to compete with Old Firm under Shaun Maloney
Shaun Maloney has been tipped to reach the highest level by Roberto Martinez, with the new Hibs boss expected to bring attacking football and compete with the Old Firm.

The 38-year-old has won his first two games since leaving his post as assistant to Roberto Martinez for the Belgium national team to take up the role at Easter Road.

Martinez holds Maloney in the highest regard having also worked with him as a player at Wigan Athletic.

The ex-Motherwell midfielder was planning to take in the clash with Celtic before it was rearranged. He fully expects the former Scottish international to build a recognisable side in his image.

“Shaun will build a strong team, one with the mentality to compete against the Old Firm and make it a really successful story," he said.

“What you’re going to see is him getting the very best out of Hibernian’s players.

“Slowly they will become very recognisable in the way he wants them to play.

attacking, making the difference in the final third. But he’s experienced enough to keep a team balanced.

“I believe the commitment, hard work and ideas of Shaun will affect every aspect of this club.”

For Martinez, it is a case of Hibs fans enjoying Maloney being their boss for as long as possible with the manager “bound for the highest level”.

“He showed by taking the Belgium job he was prepared to travel anywhere and challenge himself," he said

“He won’t limit himself. I think his coaching career has no limits either.”

Edited by Birregrande
Added comment

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The "sign his brother" approach lives on! Could be a prospect but he's 21 and has only played 34 senior games mostly off the bench. The fees being and long contracts being quoted are very Romanov-esque. Total speculate to accumulate policy.

Instead of packing their team with Championship players and/or loanees like they did with previous managers with hilarious results, now they're paying fees to buy young but largely unproven players on long contracts. That's fine if you sign one or two but a whole team of them - plus a rookie manager... risky and potentially very expensive.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Shaun Maloney has been tipped to reach the highest level by Roberto Martinez, with the new Hibs boss expected to bring attacking football and compete with the Old Firm.

The 38-year-old has won his first two games since leaving his post as assistant to Roberto Martinez for the Belgium national team to take up the role at Easter Road.

Martinez holds Maloney in the highest regard having also worked with him as a player at Wigan Athletic.

The ex-Motherwell midfielder was planning to take in the clash with Celtic before it was rearranged. He fully expects the former Scottish international to build a recognisable side in his image.

“Shaun will build a strong team, one with the mentality to compete against the Old Firm and make it a really successful story," he said.

“What you’re going to see is him getting the very best out of Hibernian’s players.

attacking, making the difference in the final third. But he’s experienced enough to keep a team balanced.

“I believe the commitment, hard work and ideas of Shaun will affect every aspect of this club.”

For Martinez, it is a case of Hibs fans enjoying Maloney being their boss for as long as possible with the manager “bound for the highest level”.

“He showed by taking the Belgium job he was prepared to travel anywhere and challenge himself," he said

Very vague as to exactly what Maloney brings to the table

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

was more of an actual table, lukaku used to put his pint on his head

Presumably with their comprehensive coverage of the new Hibs manager, there will be an in depth article discussing Belguim's failures and why that might be. 

39 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

The way they seem to think Martinez is some kind of Messiah is what gets me.He us extremely lucky to be in a job guy is a total failure in tournaments with Belgium.Great at beating group fodder to qualify but come up short all the time when it counts.

26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I mean the guy is hardly going to say he was shit and he was glad to get rid was he 🤣

Just typical throw away chat that Martinez has built a career on really.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Presumably with their comprehensive coverage of the new Hibs manager, there will be an in depth article discussing Belguim's failures and why that might be. 

The traditional Speirs gushing interview will show up soon, especially if Maloney has a few wins early on. He talked up Butcher and Hughes at Hibs like they were the second coming after they had a half-decent first few months. Warburton too. Speirs is one of the biggest pushers of the Hibs fair myth, despite probably seeing them about 4 times a season.

Guest ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The way they seem to think Martinez is some kind of Messiah is what gets me.He us extremely lucky to be in a job guy is a total failure in tournaments with Belgium.Great at beating group fodder to qualify but come up short all the time when it counts.

I do think Belgium could have done much better with an A-list manager. They had an A-list team.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Newcastle, Everton, Leicester in for Morelos, fee being quoted £20mil 

Source? Let me guess - the “Daily Record” and/or “Scottish Sun”?

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aaron Connolly - someone I thought might have been in our sights for a loan - joins up with big Uche at Middlesborough. 

Perfect front two combo there - a big battering ram alongside a wee quick guy 👍🏻

Uche has been benched for quite some time. Don't think Wilder rates him. Plus Watmore and Sporar seem to be their in form strikers.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Uche has been benched for quite some time. Don't think Wilder rates him. Plus Watmore and Sporar seem to be their in form strikers.

Uche will be punted this month. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Excellent cone positioning is what I've heard. 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He was linked to leave Celtic on loan in jan can’t see him being signed by Hibs. , Celtic rate him will want money and a huge sell on clause . I’m sure he is LiamHenderson brother from Broxburn.

Hibs are not going to be competing with the Old Firm any time soon by signing the players being linked with them in today’s rags.

This is mid table at best level signings imo…..they are taking more punts than John McCririck.

Lone Striker
52 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He was linked to leave Celtic on loan in jan can’t see him being signed by Hibs. , Celtic rate him will want money and a huge sell on clause. I’m sure he is LiamHenderson brother from Broxburn.

Yes, he is Liam Henderson's wee brother.   

According to the avalanche of  Celtic transfer rumours coming through, it  seems they're recruiting a whole new team of outfield players this month.     That Johnny Kenny guy from Ireland as apparently "snubbed" Hibs ,,,, no prizes for guessing where he's likely to end up.

Brighton have terminated Dendocker's loan at St Johnstone. 

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes, he is Liam Henderson's wee brother.   

According to the avalanche of  Celtic transfer rumours coming through, it  seems they're recruiting a whole new team of outfield players this month.     That Johnny Kenny guy from Ireland as apparently "snubbed" Hibs ,,,, no prizes for guessing where he's likely to end up.

Brighton have terminated Dendocker's loan at St Johnstone. 

Celtic are moving out the two players they signed on pre-contracts in the summer out on loan, Liam Shaw and Osaze Urhoghide (Shaw is wanted by St Johnstone.) Just backs up how weird Celtic's recruitment process is, they sign two players before they have a manager sorted and they have played 1 league match between them and now going out on loan.

Hibs clearly trying to sign young players (to be fair we are trying to do that as well) could see it become a hit and miss type policy for them. Ewan is supposed to be better than Liam when going through Celtic's ranks, but is a player that needs game time. Liam Henderson benefited well from that, but doesn't mean Ewan will. Though does mean both  Hearts and Hibs have a Euan/Ewan Henderson at the same time (different spelling but same pronunciation.) Wonder if that's ever happened before.

Lone Striker
17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Elias Hoff Melkersen, fee agreed, 4 year deal offered. Medical pending…

Sounds like they're replicating the Nisbet process.  Take a punt on a young guy with a good scoring record at a lower level in the hope he does enough to attract a big bid from someone in a couple of years.  Makes some sense actually, especially for a forward, but still a gamble.   

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, Birregrande said:

And just another case of a non Scottish player/manager having no idea how it works in Scotland these days. Pep could come to Hearts and have absolutely no chance of competing with the @$$ cheeks. It’s not allowed. They just don’t get it because they’ve never lived it. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Needs to earn I suppose.

A big danger as an out of work manager is that you can get forgotten and not get a job. A big example is Alan Curbishley. 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

A big danger as an out of work manager is that you can get forgotten and not get a job. A big example is Alan Curbishley. 

Also goes to show what a bad stint down south will do for you. Whether it’s a reluctance on the manager’s part to revisit or reluctance of English clubs to take a punt, it certainly breeds into the jobs for the boys culture Scottish football has.

SomethingAboutObua

Would really like to see Killie stay down for a year or two just to freshen up the league, but McInnes going there would be a real coup for them. Think if they get him in this week that'll be the title going to Ayrshire...  

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s just so incredibly boring that nobody wants him. Can be the only explanation.  

Life comes at ya fast, 3 years ago he turned down the Rangers gig, now talking to Championship teams.

14 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Life comes at ya fast, 3 years ago he turned down the Rangers gig, now talking to Championship teams.

Aye. Things change fast in football.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Elias Hoff Melkersen, fee agreed, 4 year deal offered. Medical pending…

HAHAHAH  "Hibs to complete transfer of Bodo/Glimt striker Elias Melkersen as Shaun Maloney cherrypicks Celtic’s Euro rivals"

He's played 14 minutes for Bodo/Glimt. All his goals are for a team near the bottom of the equivalent of them Scottish Championship. And they're paying 350k and offering him 4 years? Pretty obvious they have no sporting director. That is mental. It's like paying that much for Calum Elliot who was playing at a much higher level at that age but fizzled out very quickly.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

HAHAHAH  "Hibs to complete transfer of Bodo/Glimt striker Elias Melkersen as Shaun Maloney cherrypicks Celtic’s Euro rivals"

He's played 14 minutes for Bodo/Glimt. All his goals are for a team near the bottom of the equivalent of them Scottish Championship. And they're paying 350k and offering him 4 years? Pretty obvious they have no sporting director. That is mental. It's like paying that much for Calum Elliot who was playing at a much higher level at that age but fizzled out very quickly.

I have absolutely no clue who he is really bit you have to think if you are paying £350k he is going straight into the side as will that Mueller so it's looking like a pretty much new untested in Scotland forward line.

16 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wilson out and Saint Maximin out too desperately need a striker 👍

They'll be aiming higher than Morelos though, and injury to ASM isn't meant to be that bad (pretty sure he's fine but they used it as part of the reasoning to get Everton and Southampton games put off till after they've made some signings)

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I have absolutely no clue who he is really bit you have to think if you are paying £350k he is going straight into the side as will that Mueller so it's looking like a pretty much new untested in Scotland forward line.

And Boyle and/or Nisbet oot the door, you have to wonder??

If they sell Boyle, they're goosed imo.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Very unfair on Callum, got injured but still made a decent career out game.

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And Boyle and/or Nisbet oot the door, you have to wonder??

If they sell Boyle, they're goosed imo.

Like you say no way they are paying that kind of money for a striker and he’s not a starter so Boyle or nisbet are being sold if not both 

5 minutes ago, theshed said:

Like you say no way they are paying that kind of money for a striker and he’s not a starter so Boyle or nisbet are being sold if not both 

They'll get a decent wee wedge for both by Scottish standards - but two things.  You don't want to lose players who are tried and tested and doing well (same goes for us with Soapy, Halks and Kingsley) as no matter how good your recruitment is, it isn't guaranteed (and theirs is shite!!!).

Secondly, how much of any transfer fee simply makes its way to wee Ron and his family?  Hefty chunk you'd think.