***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet

There’s far too much talk in the January Transfer Window thread that is about what Hibs are doing, rather than what we are doing / not doing.

These windows normally benefit from having a thread dedicated to transfer window chat for all other clubs. Don’t see one that has been created this window yet, so thought rather than moan in the other thread I’d create this one first.

So, any posts about Boyle to Celtic, Norwegian teenager to Hibs, Ross County guy to Hibs via Arse or Patterson to Everton for ludicrous fees can go here as much as everyone pleases. Sound fair?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

There’s far too much talk in the January Transfer Window thread that is about what Hibs are doing, rather than what we are doing / not doing.

These windows normally benefit from having a thread dedicated to transfer window chat for all other clubs. Don’t see one that has been created this window yet, so thought rather than moan in the other thread I’d create this one first.

So, any posts about Boyle to Celtic, Norwegian teenager to Hibs, Ross County guy to Hibs via Arse or Patterson to Everton for ludicrous fees can go here as much as everyone pleases. Sound fair?

Much appreciated 👍

avhudtheteeshirt

The Patterson transfer for £10 million, a player who has only played 7 games so far this season??

Everton must have money to burn to even think he's worth that!!

I'm not saying the lad has great potential, but Everton could get Tavernier who is keeping him out the team for around £1 million????

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

The Patterson transfer for £10 million, a player who has only played 7 games so far this season??

Everton must have money to burn to even think he's worth that!!

I'm not saying the lad has great potential, but Everton could get Tavernier who is keeping him out the team for around £1 million????

And then have to replace tav in a year or so. I think it's a lot for a player not getting a game at rangers but if it works out they have a rb for 10 years or one they will sell to a bigger club for a profit. 

£10m isn't a massive transfer for a club like Everton. 

1 hour ago, William H. Bonney said:

That’s an insane amount for him. 

The deal sounds dodgy to me as he's not worth anywhere near the figures that are being quoted.

Sounds like who ever is working at Everton is helping Rangers keep the lights on.

14 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

The deal sounds dodgy to me as he's not worth anywhere near the figures that are being quoted.

Sounds like who ever is working at Everton is helping Rangers keep the lights on.

The Ibrox poodle, aka the “Daily Record” suggests as much as £12M could be paid.

I don’t think Everton will pay the full amount (whatever that is) in one instalment in any case. 
But no doubt any down-payment will help stave off the selling of some players they might otherwise have been under pressure to move on.

29 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Sounds a bit like that septic player (from last year) that played a handful of times and sold for about 4x the amount they paid for him… can’t even remember the guys name. The medias take on the figures were farcical!

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Frimpong - bought for 400k sold for 12mil!?!? One year later!

Ex member of the SaS

The Paterson figure is probably linked to add on's and future bonuses when he moves on from Everton. No way are they getting £10/£16 mill up front.

Rangers get £12/16m for Patterson (good player) who hasn't really played much for Rangers and we get feck all for John Souttar, the best a Scottish defender by a long way . Fecking torture.

Edited by ri Alban

Tynecastle Valhalla
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Rangers get £12/16m for Patterson (good player) who hasn't really played much for Rangers and we get feck all foe John Souttar, the best a Scottish defender by a long way . Fecking torture.

it is just wrong isn’t it. The two Glasgow clubs manage to get big money for their players when they sell them 

Just now, wallace_mercer said:

it is just wrong isn’t it. The two Glasgow clubs manage to get big money for their players when they sell them 

Torture, bud. I'm fecking ragin' :yadayada:

Aaron Connolly - someone I thought might have been in our sights for a loan - joins up with big Uche at Middlesborough. 

Perfect front two combo there - a big battering ram alongside a wee quick guy 👍🏻

Italian Lambretta
13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We could do a lot with £10m. :(

Im sure the FOH have handed over more than 10m.

Whats happened to all that?

I'm amazed I've not read a single post about Cummings potential move to Central Coast Mariners.   Unless there's been another article saying he doesn't fancy it. 

Hmm, 16 mill for Paterson gives them money to throw at Souttar or Halkett.   I'm not concerned but I will be slightly if we don't replace them both with better quality. 

Newcastle after Diaz of Blackburn along with Leeds.    Both clubs desperate for a striker.   That would give Blackburn money to throw at Souttar.   There are other clubs after Diaz as well just to add to their squad.   

Newcastle are going to go all out to get strength into their squad.   Mainly defence but up front as well.  It's looking interesting.   Enquiring about 30 Mill for a 21 Yr old Dutch center half at Lille.   Pierre (can't spell it) from Arsenal.    Anyone else unsettled would be fair game;

:wavey: Lukaku

Edited by HMFC01

Oneneilberry
14 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

It is wrong , unfortunately it the way things are, EPL sides pay huge money from foreign market 20m+then the next level is buying from championship teams 10- 20 m ish(old firm player sales seem to be bracketed into this level) then all other SPFL teams sell their best players at a level that league 1&2 would sell at 1-5 million .

It doesn't in my opinion reflect the real talent/comparable value  of the player but it's where we are 

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Levein blew in Ladbrokes.

27 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

…or so the weegie media would have you believe. I’ll bet the Patterson deal goes something like this - 1 mill up front followed by 4 yearly 1 mill instalments. If he plays 1000 games for the 1st team, they get a 10 mill windfall. 15 million in total and the only figure the Daily ****** will report. 
Facetious, I know… but you get the point. If it was us it would be reported as 1 million with add ons. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

BBC reporting £10 million.

Everton are heavily burdened by FFP requirements, due to their fruitless overspending since Moshiri bought them. Over £500 million spent and they haven't even come close to qualifying for the Champions League, or winning a trophy. Hence the net spend last summer was only around £2million on Demarai Gray, with other signings being free transfers. They are pretty much a case study in how not to run a football club, their current squad contains players signed by 7 different managers. Often the players they sign, if the signings don't work out, they can't sell them because the contracts they have been given can't be met by anyone else who may want them.

It was discussed at length on Tifo recently. Long and the short of it is, that I would think the down payment for Patterson will be relatively small.

Could this explain it?? 😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

😂😂

Boyces beard

Regarding the Nathan Patterson deal, even if it is 16 million after add on's i think its an astute peice of business for Everton. He may well be a second choice right back for sevco but i reckon there are mitigating circumstances as to why. Sevco have to raise funds to keep the lights on and Patterson is there most sellable asset. His club captain plays right back and sevco are clear at the top of the table so its tough to drop him without upsetting the applecart and team cohesion so to speak. Giofanny has seen the qualities that Patterson has and has brought him of the bench quite a few times to play further up the park in front of Tavernier. It would not make sense to drop your captain and have a high earning player sitting on the bench, especialy not to replace him with a young player you plan to sell at the first opportunity.

Patterson is also the first choice right back for his country, a nation who are in the best shape they have been for about 25 years. The lad has all the attributes required to be a top full back/wing back for a long time to come. He is quick, he gets up and down the park, he can defend and attack in equal measures and he has the physicality required to be a top player in the modern game. I have no doubt he will also pop up with a few goals and assists once he establishes himself as a regular starter with a new club.

This is all just my opinion and he might turn out to be shite in the EPL, time will tell but for Scotland's case i hope he turns out to be a top international full back and fills the potential he has while playing in what is regarded to be the best league in the world.

CloustonHMFC

12mil upfront and an additional 4mil in bonuses is a steal for Patterson btw. Only reason he's not getting a game is because the captain is RB. Better player than Tav and walks in to any team in the league and any team in the bottom half EPL.

7 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

12mil upfront and an additional 4mil in bonuses is a steal for Patterson btw. Only reason he's not getting a game is because the captain is RB. Better player than Tav and walks in to any team in the league and any team in the bottom half EPL.

Agree. The boys a superb talent. Great new for the Scottish National Team. Finally a RB that could be as good as our LB's. Calvin Ramsey coming through as well. 

1 hour ago, jambo-rocker said:

In my experience a stronger Hibs tends to mean a stronger Heart of Midlothian.

I get your point and your logic.

However, it doesn’t always work that way as those who endured the period from the late 1960s to the 1970s will testify. 😭

CloustonHMFC
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agree. The boys a superb talent. Great new for the Scottish National Team. Finally a RB that could be as good as our LB's. Calvin Ramsey coming through as well. 

Boys got all the potential to go to the top like Robbo and Tierney. I really rate Ramsay too. The boy Kerr from Dundee Utd looks good at CB as well.

14 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Hopefully big Mike Ashley gets most of that absurd fee for Patterson. 

Ashley/Sports Direct reckoned to be due £7-10M but I don’t think the final case hearing is held until the Summer. 
But yes, TRFC will have to budget for this.

I think Patterson will be a terrific signing for Everton I really rate him glad to see him away from Rangers as got to benefit Scotland if he starts for Everton in EPL - think he's far better than Tavernier but not as deadly with a free kick or penalty 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

His Dad, they might be able to afford. 

It's a close run thing as to whether Barcelona or Hibs are the most delusional. 

How the **** do Barca continue to get off with this shit.They clearly can't afford these players and there is also talk of them spending £1b on upgrading the Camp Nou.

It's fecking bonkers 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aaron Connolly - someone I thought might have been in our sights for a loan - joins up with big Uche at Middlesborough. 

Perfect front two combo there - a big battering ram alongside a wee quick guy 👍🏻

Perfect? 

For what ambition? Uche is very average. 

I wouldn't want him at Hearts again. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

How the **** do Barca continue to get off with this shit.They clearly can't afford these players and there is also talk of them spending £1b on upgrading the Camp Nou.

It's fecking bonkers 

Every club  is the same, either riddled with debt or bankrolled upto the eyeballs. 

Hardly any successful club has a small debt or not in debt at all. 

We'll lose Souttar to a debt ridden championship club or a rangers team issuing shares like hibs give away free tickets. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

It's a punt by Hibs but is the Norwegian 2nd Division any worse than the Championship where they got Nisbet from and who despite being average is valued in the millions.Of course though you would have to think if Bodo seen this potential they wouldn't sell him for only £350k 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every club  is the same, either riddled with debt or bankrolled upto the eyeballs. 

Hardly any successful club has a small debt or not in debt at all. 

We'll lose Souttar to a debt ridden championship club or a rangers team issuing shares like hibs give away free tickets. 

Barca are in a far bigger hole and mess than anybody else but they keep making these eye watering signings from EPL clubs.

I take your point though and it's largely why I fecking pretty much  hate football outside of supporting Hearts now

Edited by vegas-voss

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Perfect? 

For what ambition? Uche is very average. 

I wouldn't want him at Hearts again. 

On paper it's the ideal combination for playing two up front - the big strong guy and the wee quick guy. But aye we all know what Uche is like. 

Nae way I'd have him back here either 😂

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Barca are in a far bigger hole and mess than anybody else but they keep making these eye watering signings from EPL clubs.

I take your point though and it's largely why I fecking pretty much  hate football outside of supporting Hearts now

Agreed. 

The financial side of football is a farce. 

It could be argued that bank rolled clubs force others to go into debt or be bankrolled themselves to compete. 

How else can you compete with a PSG or a man City? 

The FFP needs re visited and strongly implemented. 

"The ex-West Ham United midfielder was also touted with a potential switch to David Beckham's Inter Miami side before the rumours surrounding a Brazil move started to circulate.

A few months ago, Arsenal confirmed that Wilshere was back at London Colney, with the club helping the player to prepare and train for his next step while he does his coaching badges.

Wilshere later clarified that he has an agreement with the club until January, and he’s been attending some of the academy games so he’s prepared to help coach them as well.

But January has now arrived, and the goal for Wilshere was always to sign a playing contract at one club or another during the winter window. "

@Smith's right boot

He's been offered to Fortaleza.    I assume by his agent.   So it's definitely an option he must be interested in.   Unless he sacks his agent :lol: