Have to choose

mickycameron98

I hate Rangers the most. Definitely and by a decent margin.

If I had grew up supporting anyone else, it would likely be a lower league club as Stenny and Falkirk were closest.

If I had to choose a current top flight SPL club, it'd probably be Motherwell or Dundee United. Both fairly inoffensive and not a million miles away.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• One five

• Locky

• dannymack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Hearts ceased to exist I would have no interest in Scottish football whatsoever as the old two donkey race would still go on and the media would still salivate over it.    Hearts , to me, embodies a sporting attitude that has all but gone in Scottish football , the COVID voting fiasco showed how self serving, greedy and downright corrupt most clubs are.

I know this is supposed to be a fun thread, but I wanted to be honest.🤷🏼‍♂️

21 hours ago, One five said:

I hate h1b5 

I would like Penicuik to do well because I played for them years ago 👍

Eddie Thomson also played for them and I believe Willie Bauld coached them for a short time.

PhoenixHearts

Would support Clyde, my dad's team. Would consider Dunfermline because I'm a big Big Country fan.

Quite fond of Queen's Park kits too.

Already hate Rangers more than any other club in the entire world so I'll stick with that.

Detest celtic and Rangers equally. The team I would support would be Stranraer. My Dad comes from there and he took me to a lot of games when I was younger.

Obvious choice would be Edinburgh City.

I truly hate Celtic and Rangers. If I'm honest, I don't really hate Hibs. I just love sticking it up them.

5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Eddie Thomson also played for them and I believe Willie Bauld coached them for a short time.

Eddie Thompson was in Australia at the time I played for them and I may have had the chance to go there for a trial but foolishly decided not to pursue it (one of my biggest regrets in my playing days along with a few) lol.

I'm from wishaw so hate Motherwell even though there the closest team to me if I couldn't support hearts I'd just keep supporting forth wanderers I go to most of there games anyway if I had to support a professional team it would have to be greenock morton used to go to some of there games with a mate years ago 

As a laddie, I had a mixed Hearts/Hibs family and quite a few of our generation watched Hearts one week and Hibs the next. I just found watching Hearts was a more fulfilling experience so about aged 12/13 I plumped for them and stopped going to ER, joined an SC and went home and away to see Hearts.

I suppose if there had not been a Hearts, I’d have been Hibs but there just isn’t an option in my head to switch to answer the OP. I’d just bin Scottish football in reality.

Hate ? I don’t have the time or the desire to be consumed by HATE for a bloody football club. I hate my first wife. I hated my dad after he abandoned us. I hate the scumbag who broke into my elderly mums house and stole her last few quid.Hate him to the extent that I’d seriously hurt him if I ever found out who he was. Hate takes real effort to properly experience. If you hate a football club, really hate it, for me you’ve got a serious psychological problem. I enjoy beating Celtic more than any other team and enjoy bad things happening to them, so that probably answers that part of the question.

Edited by JimmyCant

Lone Striker

I simply can't imagine whether football would have any place in my life if it wasn't for  my Dad (and his Dad) being Hearts supporters and indoctrinating me !!   So its a wee bit scary to think that if Hearts had never existed, maybe they'd have followed another team and I'd have turned into a fan too.   Yuck - feel dirty just thinking about that  !!

If Hearts had really gone out of existence in 2014, I'd be finished with football in terms of actually going to watch it somewhere.  Got a wee soft spot for Livi - partly because of their Edinburgh origins, partly because I worked there for 10 years,  and partly out of admiration at the way a wee club like them have  managed to get into the top league and won a Cup.   Got a friend who's a ST holder there - but I wouldn't go and watch them, or anyone else.

There's a hundred things I really HATE - but other football teams aren't on the list.   Even the OF and Hibs.   Sorry !!

Dislike, yes  - hope they lose , yes - feels absolutely brilliant when  we beat them, yes.   

For me, its simply Always Hearts...... and Only Hearts. 

8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Would support Clyde, my dad's team. Would consider Dunfermline because I'm a big Big Country fan.

Quite fond of Queen's Park kits too.

Already hate Rangers more than any other club in the entire world so I'll stick with that.

With a username like Phoenix and your hatred towards Glasgow Rangers FC folk will start questioning your political allegiances and putting you into the Celtic/Republican section.... 

Only joking 😏

10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I simply can't imagine whether football would have any place in my life if it wasn't for  my Dad (and his Dad) being Hearts supporters and indoctrinating me !!   So its a wee bit scary to think that if Hearts had never existed, maybe they'd have followed another team and I'd have turned into a fan too.   Yuck - feel dirty just thinking about that  !!

If Hearts had really gone out of existence in 2014, I'd be finished with football in terms of actually going to watch it somewhere.  Got a wee soft spot for Livi - partly because of their Edinburgh origins, partly because I worked there for 10 years,  and partly out of admiration at the way a wee club like them have  managed to get into the top league and won a Cup.   Got a friend who's a ST holder there - but I wouldn't go and watch them, or anyone else.

There's a hundred things I really HATE - but other football teams aren't on the list.   Even the OF and Hibs.   Sorry !!

Dislike, yes  - hope they lose , yes - feels absolutely brilliant when  we beat them, yes.   

For me, its simply Always Hearts...... and Only Hearts. 

I can't stand Livi precisely because they started in Edinburgh then moved 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

As a laddie, I had a mixed Hearts/Hibs family and quite a few of our generation watched Hearts one week and Hibs the next. I just found watching Hearts was a more fulfilling experience so about aged 12/13 I plumped for them and stopped going to ER, joined an SC and went home and away to see Hearts.

I suppose if there had not been a Hearts, I’d have been Hibs but there just isn’t an option in my head to switch to answer the OP. I’d just bin Scottish football in reality.

Hate ? I don’t have the time or the desire to be consumed by HATE for a bloody football club. I hate my first wife. I hated my dad after he abandoned us. I hate the scumbag who broke into my elderly mums house and stole her last few quid.Hate him to the extent that I’d seriously hurt him if I ever found out who he was. Hate takes real effort to properly experience. If you hate a football club, really hate it, for me you’ve got a serious psychological problem. I enjoy beating Celtic more than any other team and enjoy bad things happening to them, so that probably answers that part of the question.

I hate and detest celtic too Jimmy... 🤣👍

Prince Buaben

If hearts weren't there I'd support Penicuik in the EoS or if it had to be SPFL then Edinburgh City.

Rangers/Celtic, Hibs hated clubs

Nobody can force anybody to support a football team so if Hearts ceased to be playing football I would cease to be a supporter of any particular team. I would probably watch more EPL football but for the avoidance of doubt I would have both eyes poked out before I would even think about watching HIbs play.

Edited by jock _turd

BRAVEHEART1874

Fakirk if having the likes of walter kidd, brian whittaker and with jim jeffries the manager like in 1990 or sumfin. They had a wee run but they have always been pantalone ever since. But apart from the battle  in 1298, falkirk  has the same insignificance as hibs, the square root of zero, for a portonian.

Sevco 5088. The ebt and liquidation, carpet sweeping, glory hunters that they are :)

CloustonHMFC

I hate Rangers and Celtic equally. Despise both of them.

If Hearts didn't exist when I was born I'd probably have ended up a Celtic fan (unfortunately), if Hearts went out of business I would drop to lower leagues and follow Edinburgh City.

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

With a username like Phoenix and your hatred towards Glasgow Rangers FC folk will start questioning your political allegiances and putting you into the Celtic/Republican section.... 

Only joking 😏

Don't get the Phoenix connection (that's my basketball team and City where I spend a lot of time) but I am decidedly anti-monarchy and I am of Irish descent so I suppose you're not too wide of the mark...😅

Hearts as **** though 🙂

My dad actually left Glasgow before I was born because he hated both the old firm and their backwards way of life out west.

He was from the Baillieston area so no doubt if i'd grown up there I'd have ended up peer pressured into Celtic or better yet getting dragged to Broadwood and ending up hating football...

Luckily I was born and raised in Edinburgh and was remorsefuly allowed to choose my own path 😊 (Hearts on my mums side though so it made some sense)

16 hours ago, One five said:

Eddie Thompson was in Australia at the time I played for them and I may have had the chance to go there for a trial but foolishly decided not to pursue it (one of my biggest regrets in my playing days along with a few) lol.

Bumped into Eddie a few times around Sydney when he managed Sydney City.....👍

Doctor FinnBarr

Had Hearts never existed I no doubt would be supporting Motherwell, my old man took me late 60s early 70s, Jackie McInally, Jumbo Muir, Peter McCloy etc.

Had Hearts went bust I'd be finished with Scottish football TBH, maybe have a wee soft spot for Annan as we holiday there a lot. But I reckon me and Mrs Saunders would end up supporting RWD Molenbeek in Brussels. Before Covid we went about 3 times a season to watch them (sometimes return flights were as cheap as £17). Lots of Hearts fans in their support too.

I'm another one who doesn't like hating another team, I detest the bigot bros and our Lochend playthings (they can be fun though). Oh aye, Anderlecht and Union too.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Bumped into Eddie a few times around Sydney when he managed Sydney City.....👍

Yeah he done well over there, sadly died far to young.

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Is it just me that finds the wording of that sentence sinister as ****.

:lol: Just like Dr. Lecter, I'm having some friends for dinner . . .

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Don't get the Phoenix connection (that's my basketball team and City where I spend a lot of time) but I am decidedly anti-monarchy and I am of Irish descent so I suppose you're not too wide of the mark...😅

Did not enjoy what they just did to the Hornets. (How the f--- did you get 11 points out of Bismack Biyombo? Oh right, we have a plumlee for a center.) I thought with Ayton out we had a decent shot. Oh, well. In LaMelo's future we trust. Anyway, don't really like the Suns much but would love to see CP3 get a title before he hangs it up.

Right, anyway, back to Hearts . . .

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Did not enjoy what they just did to the Hornets. (How the f--- did you get 11 points out of Bismack Biyombo? Oh right, we have a plumlee for a center.) I thought with Ayton out we had a decent shot. Oh, well. In LaMelo's future we trust. Anyway, don't really like the Suns much but would love to see CP3 get a title before he hangs it up.

I'd been all but ready to give up on Jalen Smith. Been a revelation this week with Ayton out.

Always enjoyed visiting East End Park and have always thought that the Dunfermline strip was pretty cool. Dunfermline is also close to Edinburgh and easy to reach. I lived for many years in Glasgow and detest the OF and how they exploit and promote outdated discriminatory ideas. If I was still living through there I would make a point of going to watch Queens Park who look like a club with ambition. Neither Dunfermline or Queens Park would ever replace the passion I have for Hearts though. 

The thought of not supporting Hearts would turn me to drink so would have to be Patrick as they have the best boozers near their ground.

Hate: would be too drunk to care

TheScottishguy87

Would have to be Berwick Rangers for me also but only because 1 of their old players/manager lives a few doors down the road from my. 

His name is Gordon Haig

Edited by TheScottishguy87

LarrysRightFoot

SPFL is all 4 leagues and I always look out for my local teams results - Stirling Albion and Alloa and even Falkirk and Stenny to an extent.

It’d be a tough choice between the Binos and Wasps but I think I’d go with the Binos. 

4 hours ago, j1964m said:

Rather have a sex change and call myself Belinda and wear a sombrero cant see me follow any other team in the Spfl

😂😂👍

I'd probably just support whoever Hibs were playing.

I already do that anyway.

I hate the SFA, SPFL, officials, weegia and all that facilitate the farce that is Scottish football.

Couldn’t support another Scottish team.

To be fair, this season I’ve barely supported Hearts apart from my Foundation dough. No ST and haven’t actually attended ANY games. 
Now Canada trip is done I’ll buck me ideas up.

Hate Hibs, always

Depends on the conditions:

If Hearts had never existed, I probably would support Motherwell, as my grandad supports them and still tells me all about them in the past.  They are the only team we play that I would happily take a draw against, just because it keeps us both relatively happy. 

I didn't really take an interest in football until I was in my late teens, and as a result it could equally be Dundee United, as I spent 10 years living there until very recently. I like their stadium, and they're not a bad team (minging colours) but by and large, their fans are minks. Not sure I could put up with regular trips to Tannadice because of it.   Dundee would be an absolute no go because their stadium is a dump and their team reeks of depression. 

If Hearts ceased to exist tomorrow, I'm not sure I could bring myself to support another Scottish team, at least not in the top flight. It just wouldn't hold the same sort of emotion that Hearts do, and I'd always feel like any team that I started following would be second best.  I'm from the Borders, and always have a soft spot for Berwick Rangers, but wouldn't count myself as an actual fan of theirs.  

I live in Belfast now, but **** supporting any of the teams around these parts. There is too much baggage that goes with the football here. 

Guest ToqueJambo

We were all forced to consider this scenario a few years ago and I had decided I would just follow, and financially support, whatever team with "Hearts" in their name emerged from the rubble. Most of us would have done that, depending on where the new ground was, and I've no doubt we'd have worked our way up again pretty smartish if we found a decent ground. Not sure it would be possible to just switch to another team and have the same emotional connection.

Dundee Utd is closest to a Scottish team I've actually cheered for on many occasions, during their European exploits. I can name their whole team in that era. Haven't done so for any other Scottish team. So always had a bit of a soft spot for Utd but post-covid, my attitude to them has changed completely. The OF are always the real enemy of all non-OF supporters but D Utd's actions in not showing more humility and backing ways to ensure other clubs didn't suffer so they could benefit, were beyond the pale. 

Used to like watching Dundee Utd and Aberdeen in Europe in the 80s, never liked the Old Firm and always wanted them to lose (no change there then!) But it could possibly have been one of the Fife clubs. Always thought Dunfermline but in recent years probably Raith. The mate i go to the Hearts games with lives in Kirkcaldy and has occasionally went along to watch one of their matches if he wasn't working and had the time. Also, i knew their chairman Turnbull Hutton and he hated the old firm as well. Plenty chats about Scottish football with him over the years and i reckon he would've done me a favour if i wanted. So probably Raith would be the team i went to watch. Support, bit strong but watch purely for the interest in watching football.

Exile fae Main Street

Falkirk as  my Dad's team and used to lift me over the turnstiles. Though it'd probably be as an armchair fan.

.....no doubt about the hate part ... Celtic, I loathe, detest and wish pestilence upon them every pore of my being.💀💀💀

Auld Reekin'

Another one for Berwick Rangers, once :whistling: they get the four promotions they so richly deserve. :thumbsup:  It's only a matter of time...

Can't part the arse-cheeks :oohmatron: when it comes to who I hate most , so I'll nominate St. Mirren.  :muggy:

On 03/01/2022 at 04:35, Led Tasso said:

Another Hornets man? :jjyay: 

Hornets Hearts FTW.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Locky said:

Another Hornets man? :jjyay: 

Hornets Hearts FTW.

I grew up in North Carolina. The idea that we'd have a major professional team in the state was amazing. My father got me a Hornets pennant to hang on the wall before the first season tipped off.

That first season the bad private school I was in briefly managed to get group tickets to the Lakers game. I got to see Kareem, Magic, and Worthy disassemble the expansion team in person. Probably the best thing that school ever did for me.

Being a Hornets fan hasn't been the most pleasant experiences, to say the least. But Lamelo is finally making it fun again.

Anyway, cheers.

On 03/01/2022 at 03:45, One five said:

Which clubs did you speak with back in the day mate?

The old national league here had many Scots and so did the Socceroos in the 70s and 80s

8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I grew up in North Carolina. The idea that we'd have a major professional team in the state was amazing. My father got me a Hornets pennant to hang on the wall before the first season tipped off.

That first season the bad private school I was in briefly managed to get group tickets to the Lakers game. I got to see Kareem, Magic, and Worthy disassemble the expansion team in person. Probably the best thing that school ever did for me.

Being a Hornets fan hasn't been the most pleasant experiences, to say the least. But Lamelo is finally making it fun again.

Anyway, cheers.

I got into NBA playing NBA Live 2000 when I was wee, and I just loved the Hornets uniforms and logo. Always just stuck with me. Wasn't a fan of the Bobcats rebrand, but when I seen they were switching back to the Hornets I was delighted. Don't follow the NBA as intently as I'd like, but the Hornets offensively are up there, just need to become more resilient in defence.

If you're ever over here and see someone with a purple Hornets bobble hat, it's most likely me. :lol: 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Locky said:

I got into NBA playing NBA Live 2000 when I was wee, and I just loved the Hornets uniforms and logo. Always just stuck with me. Wasn't a fan of the Bobcats rebrand, but when I seen they were switching back to the Hornets I was delighted. Don't follow the NBA as intently as I'd like, but the Hornets offensively are up there, just need to become more resilient in defence.

If you're ever over here and see someone with a purple Hornets bobble hat, it's most likely me. :lol: 

:lol: Yeah the Bobcat years were dire in more ways than one (pretty much anything that wasn't Paul Silas or Gerald Wallace). But that experience makes the whole "Sevco" debate funny to me (I know it's 98% bantz) because in terms of organizations, the original formal organization is now in New Orleans playing as the Pelicans but 100% of NBA fans fully agree to continuity between the Charlotte teams. We get Bobby Phills, Mugsy Bogues, and Dell Curry, not them!

The worst part of this season has been having to watch Mason f---ing Plumlee start at center. I keep hoping they're going to land Myles Turner, who sounds like he's for sale at the Pacers, as that would fix a whole lot of problems.

It would be fun to get an NBA thread going in the Shed. It might just be five of us kicking about though . . .

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

:lol: Yeah the Bobcat years were dire in more ways than one (pretty much anything that wasn't Paul Silas or Gerald Wallace). But that experience makes the whole "Sevco" debate funny to me (I know it's 98% bantz) because in terms of organizations, the original formal organization is now in New Orleans playing as the Pelicans but 100% of NBA fans fully agree to continuity between the Charlotte teams. We get Bobby Phills, Mugsy Bogues, and Dell Curry, not them!

The worst part of this season has been having to watch Mason f---ing Plumlee start at center. I keep hoping they're going to land Myles Turner, who sounds like he's for sale at the Pacers, as that would fix a whole lot of problems.

It would be fun to get an NBA thread going in the Shed. It might just be five of us kicking about though . . .

Yeah I think I started one some time ago but it never took off quite the way the NFL and NHL ones have. Think there was even a baseball thread that was pretty active for a while too, but never NBA.

Love the sport, but I find watching it to be nigh on impossible from the UK. I'm not much of a nighthawk so very rarely catch live games, and with games every 2-3 days, it's very easy to lose track. Great drama though when the games start to really mean something though.

On 01/01/2022 at 22:56, mickycameron98 said:

Ok just a little fun. You are forced to support someone other than Hearts in the SPFL and you also have to pick a club you hate the most.

Hate the most always Hibs only other contender Celtic.

Dundee Utd I'd support if Hearts didn't exist. Just liked the strip and liked visiting tannadice.

Hate the most sevco followed by tims. Couldn't think of supporting another club in our league but would go and watch the pars if Hearts didn't exist 

Captain Scarlett

Airdrieonians for me only because my Dad and my year head at school played for them.

I hate hate hate the Lochend keeks and them hate them again.