Robbie Neilson

Leveins Battalion

I'll probably put ma heid in the oven if we lose to AT. It's electric, but feck it 

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• Hmfc1965

• Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

Poetry. 

Burns has only one January left, then it's ma night. :cheese:

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Levein must have seen something in him and tipped them off as he ended up at Leicester

Well after Levein was sacked, and Maybury left after playing around 85 games in 3 years, Neilson played 26 times in 2 years. First choice versus a squad player, should’ve been the same here. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I know. It's terrible all these Hearts fans piling on to praise a great servant of the club. We need more PHM to slag him off. 

I don’t think you were part of the pile on but plenty were. Did the job. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well after Levein was sacked, and Maybury left after playing around 85 games in 3 years, Neilson played 26 times in 2 years. First choice versus a squad player, should’ve been the same here. 

Bobs Hearts career has you in a permenant rage. 

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'll probably put ma heid in the oven if we lose to AT. It's electric, but feck it 

That's shocking. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Doesn't seem to get much credit for the Cup final, promotion and sitting pretty in 3rd. Some seem eager for us to get beat, which really is a punching offence.

What for a lucky win against Hibs where they missed a penalty and his failure to get the team up for the first half of the final giving them a two goal lead? 
As for punching folk I’m not sure you’re up to that to be honest. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bobs Hearts career has you in a permenant rage. 

😂😂

Not at all, if it had I would’ve come into this daft thread earlier, not to stop you fan dans piling onto a certain poster. Putting up with awful players like him helps us stay as perennial under achievers.  

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What for a lucky win against Hibs where they missed a penalty and his failure to get the team up for the first half of the final giving them a two goal lead? 

:blah: 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not at all, if it had I would’ve come into this daft thread earlier, not to stop you fan dans piling onto a certain poster. Putting up with awful players like him helps us stay as perennial under achievers.  

If he wins a cup with us and becomes a cup winner as a player and manager I dread to think of your mental state. 

Absolutely 

:seething:

To be an adult and be so personal towards a Hearts cup winner, a player of 10 years and now manager is borderline insanity. 

Beyond rabid. 

I'm sure said poster can stick up for himself without you adding your anti Bob ramblings to the mix, and if he can't he shouldn't post so much tripe on a public forum. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How are Hearts lucky coz Hibs missed a penalty, but Celtic aren't coz we missed 2.

So you're admitting you want Hearts to lose. Pathetic!

And the last bit. If you say so, others wouldn't.

Edited by ri Alban

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How is Hearts Lucky coz Hibs missed a penalty, but Celtic aren't coz we missed 2.

So you're admitting you want Hearts to lose. Pathetic!

And the last bit. If you say so, others wouldn't.

:omfg:

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:omfg:

It really is honking. Sitting third about to strengthen the team, push for Europe and possibly win the Scottish Cup. And he's on his knees wanting Hearts beaten, so we get rid of big  Bob and bring in God knows who and start again fae scratch.

Robbie a Scottish Cup winner and part of the team who qualified to compete in the Champions league qualifiers, while Rangers were still Rangers . Such a failure.

Edited by ri Alban

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

It really is honking. Sitting third about to strengthen the team, push for Europe and possibly win the Scottish Cup. And he's on his knees wanting Hearts beaten, so we big  Bob and bring in God knows who and start again fae scratch.

He's not the only one.

Only joined this thread to start the same arguments and get the thread closed. 

The fact Robbie has recovered so well since Cove has him in a rage. 

Probably rocking backward and forward while pulling chunks of his own hair out. 

When we win games under Bob it pisses on the chips of quite a few on here. 

Posters should be launched for  slandering current or ex players of his standing so vehemently, it's an official Hearts forum not a twatter or fb page. 

He can't enjoy Hearts while Bob is manager. Not the only one tho. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not the only one.

Posters should be launched for  slandering current or ex players of his standing so vehemently, it's an official Hearts forum not a twatter or fb page. 

I hope Robbie pishes on his chips for years to come.  :sweeet:

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not the only one.

It’s an unofficial Hearts forum, to be fair. 😎

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So Robbie can unofficially piss on his haters chips . :gangsta:

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Seriously? 😮 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is that official? 😁

i wish jj was my dad
15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say it hadn’t, or that he won them the cup. 

You think if he beats Brora this year that makes up for that? 
Two lucky wins in 12 games against them, they missed a penalty in both, is a poor record surely?

Lucky? Not sure what games you were watching. 

Watt-Zeefuik
16 hours ago, Barack said:

Hadn't read this thread before now. Started on the last page, as that's usually the best indication of the previous pages' tone.

I was correct. 

The early pages had some fun memories of Robbie’s playing years before we got back to Brora.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Airdrie still gives me the fear .

Forfar was my first real cup debacle and it still bugs me but I bear no grudges against the manager or the players. These things happen in football. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not the only one.

Can’t understand why he doesn’t just go away and then come back when somebody he rates is in charge of his ‘beloved’ team. 

The Grim Reaper
6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

This is a good list. Good thing Arsenal sacked George Graham after Wrexham.

https://news.williamhill.com/football/fa-cup-greatest-upsets-ever/

As you are well aware, it wasn’t the Brora result in isolation that had the ‘majority’ of Hearts fans wanting him removed. It was a culmination of dismal performances leading up to the Brora match and the subsequent loss to QOS. This all in addition to already being knocked out the league cup by Alloa. 

Even Craig Gordon (I think) admitted to the media that he wasn’t surprised by it.

It wasn’t a freak result as such, like the ones you reference in your link. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, The Grim Reaper said:

As you are well aware, it wasn’t the Brora result in isolation that had the ‘majority’ of Hearts fans wanting him removed. It was a culmination of dismal performances leading up to the Brora match and the subsequent loss to QOS. This all in addition to already being knocked out the league cup by Alloa. 

Even Craig Gordon (I think) admitted to the media that he wasn’t surprised by it.

On the one hand, yes, I agree, however the circumstances of that game and the ones preceeding it were far from normal. The bad run of form that you speak of also coincided with the absolute worst of the coronavirus outbreak last January, and happened with us clear at the top of the table by a distance and no fans in the stands.

With players concerned about their own health and that of their families, nothing really to play for in a league of part time players and clubs a long distance from them in the table, I frankly think some latitude is due for that stretch. 

players were not focused at their best, for reasons that I think any feeling person should be able to understand. We still accomplish the most important goal by far, which was promotion from the championship.

Berra than you
14 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Berra. Binned not long after those stupid comments.

The Grim Reaper
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Foamers gonna foam it seems. 

images (27).jpeg

You wanted him out as well Tosh, don't you remember?

The Grim Reaper
24 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

On the one hand, yes, I agree, however the circumstances of that game and the ones preceeding it were far from normal. The bad run of form that you speak of also coincided with the absolute worst of the coronavirus outbreak last January, and happened with us clear at the top of the table by a distance and no fans in the stands.

With players concerned about their own health and that of their families, nothing really to play for in a league of part time players and clubs a long distance from them in the table, I frankly think some latitude is due for that stretch. 

players were not focused at their best, for reasons that I think any feeling person should be able to understand. We still accomplish the most important goal by far, which was promotion from the championship.

You can use Covid as an excuse if you want to but I’m not buying it. Saw plenty of other games of football around the same time with teams full or fit, well drilled, motivated players. 

Everybody had to deal with Covid, not just footballers. 

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

You can use Covid as an excuse if you want to but I’m not buying it. Saw plenty of other games of football around the same time with teams full or fit, well drilled, motivated players. 

Everybody had to deal with Covid, not just footballers. 

It's COVID, the lack of fans, and most importantly, that we had an unimpeachable lead at the top, and therefore even a defeat like QotS (who were fighting for a playoff place) still left us 13 points clear. The players knew that even with a bad run of form, job #1 had been done and dusted.

This happens every season in the NFL. Once a team secures a division title and a playoff berth, their form goes to shite. You can say professionals should kick on anyway but once the motivation ebbs it's very hard for even seasoned vets to keep up pushing through exhaustion and niggling injuries.

The Grim Reaper

It's COVID, the lack of fans, and most importantly, that we had an unimpeachable lead at the top, and therefore even a defeat like QotS (who were fighting for a playoff place) still left us 13 points clear. The players knew that even with a bad run of form, job #1 had been done and dusted.

This happens every season in the NFL. Once a team secures a division title and a playoff berth, their form goes to shite. You can say professionals should kick on anyway but once the motivation ebbs it's very hard for even seasoned vets to keep up pushing through exhaustion and niggling injuries.

Come on man, it was Brora Rangers. A Brora Rangers team that hadn't played a competitive game for months. We shouldn't be losing to them under any circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Berra. Binned not long after those stupid comments.

Everyone seen it coming but just let it happen apparently. Seen us lose to some shocking sides, big cup upsets but Brora result actually angered me, especially after Berra’s comments. Disgrace. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Come on man, it was Brora Rangers. A Brora Rangers team that hadn't played a competitive game for months. We shouldn't be losing to them under any circumstances. 

This keeps coming up. Nobody questions it was a bad result or that we should be okay with it. The question is, should it alone (or along with the bad run of form that included some draws and the loss to QotS) be enough to *still* condemn a manager who has a newly promoted team in 3rd with 4 league points taken off the OF, or even moreso, to claim that it somehow damaged the club's reputation.

George Graham's Arsenal team lost to Wrexham, an upset easily on par with Brora, and he went on to do a cup double and win the Cup Winners Cup. Graham called it the lowest point of his footballing career, as well he should have. Savage said to Neilson that a result like Brora can't happen again, and well he should have.

But was Arsenal's reputation somehow seriously damaged by the Wrexham loss? I'm sure the Tottenham fans wound up Arsenal fans for decades over it, but that's just banter. Did folk suddenly think that Graham was a shit manager or that Arsenal were now a diddy club?

This is what we keep going on about. Nobody disputes it was a terrible loss. And frankly, if Neilson does another Birkirkara in Europe next season or flumps to Talbot or another minnow, he *should* be on a shoogly peg because now that's happened over two seasons when he's got his own players bedded in and his own system fully installed.

But until that happens, the fixation on Brora is weird. This just happens in football, particularly in cup competitions, and also in other sports. In the 2018 NCAA tournament (a huge event here in the states), national title favorite and historical powerhouse Virginia came up against lower tier minnow Maryland-Baltimore County. UMBC caught fire from 3 and Virginia never fully woke up, going on to lose by 20, resulting in the only time a #16 regional seed has ever beaten a #1 seed. Nobody thought coach Tony Bennett needed to be fired, and good thing too, because he went on to win Virginia's first national title the very next year.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Another bad one. Colin Samuel😩

No, the other Bad one. Richard Caddette and co.

Did the players lose that on purpose, or is that a myth.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Forfar was my first real cup debacle and it still bugs me but I bear no grudges against the manager or the players. These things happen in football. 

We've lost to plenty of numpties, we should be used to it. But it does make winning it , :jambobanana:

Edited by ri Alban

The Grim Reaper

This keeps coming up. Nobody questions it was a bad result or that we should be okay with it. The question is, should it alone (or along with the bad run of form that included some draws and the loss to QotS) be enough to *still* condemn a manager who has a newly promoted team in 3rd with 4 league points taken off the OF, or even moreso, to claim that it somehow damaged the club's reputation.

George Graham's Arsenal team lost to Wrexham, an upset easily on par with Brora, and he went on to do a cup double and win the Cup Winners Cup. Graham called it the lowest point of his footballing career, as well he should have. Savage said to Neilson that a result like Brora can't happen again, and well he should have.

But was Arsenal's reputation somehow seriously damaged by the Wrexham loss? I'm sure the Tottenham fans wound up Arsenal fans for decades over it, but that's just banter. Did folk suddenly think that Graham was a shit manager or that Arsenal were now a diddy club?

This is what we keep going on about. Nobody disputes it was a terrible loss. And frankly, if Neilson does another Birkirkara in Europe next season or flumps to Talbot or another minnow, he *should* be on a shoogly peg because now that's happened over two seasons when he's got his own players bedded in and his own system fully installed.

But until that happens, the fixation on Brora is weird. This just happens in football, particularly in cup competitions, and also in other sports. In the 2018 NCAA tournament (a huge event here in the states), national title favorite and historical powerhouse Virginia came up against lower tier minnow Maryland-Baltimore County. UMBC caught fire from 3 and Virginia never fully woke up, going on to lose by 20, resulting in the only time a #16 regional seed has ever beaten a #1 seed. Nobody thought coach Tony Bennett needed to be fired, and good thing too, because he went on to win Virginia's first national title the very next year.

I'm not arguing that the Brora result has damaged the clubs reputation. The point I was trying to make is that it wasn't just the Brora result in isolation that has led to the disdain felt towards Robbie by some of the support.   

Unknown user
40 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Sound. Now what?

Watt-Zeefuik
7 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

I'm not arguing that the Brora result has damaged the clubs reputation. The point I was trying to make is that it wasn't just the Brora result in isolation that has led to the disdain felt towards Robbie by some of the support.   

You're not but HMFC 86 is, which has generated a lot of the noise here.

The other results plus Brora make sense why some wanted Robbie fired last season. I didn't agree, but it was hardly an unreasonable shout.

What strikes me as unreasonable is that It persists today.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

You're doing it wrong. 

You should still be in a seethe. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Refreshing stuff. 

The disdain towards Robbie was also there before that result. 

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Refreshing stuff. 

The disdain towards Robbie was also there before that result. 

Because of his less than impressive record in cups, notably Birkinara and dare I say it Hibs.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No, the other Bad one. Richard Caddette and co.

Did the players lose that on purpose, or is that a myth.

The really bad one against Falkirk was 0-4 at Brockville with Samuel knocking three past Gordon. 2003. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're doing it wrong. 

You should still be in a seethe. 

I know but only if I was an Uber-a**ehole  - I’m not, just a run of the mill jkb one. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I know but only if I was an Uber-a**ehole  - I’m not, just a run of the mill jkb one. 

You might be doing yourself an injustice.