Robbie Neilson

Leveins Battalion

Just now, blairdin said:

Absolutely none. What we do know is managers at clubs never last forever, so when the Hearts job is next available we see who applies and what their CVs are like.

Robbie’s time will be up at some point but very probably not this season. Hopefully when that time comes the board will have a shortlist as part of succession planning. 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• Hmfc1965

• Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Robbie’s time will be up at some point but very probably not this season. Hopefully when that time comes the board will have a shortlist as part of succession planning. 

As long as the shortlist hasn't been fished out the recycling bin - was the original "succession plan" for Neilson not planned to be Jack Ross...?

Doing a very good job so far this season, I think the better recruitment team that's in place has aided him alot this season, we have a really good team in place now, however he is only an auchinleck cup defeat away from the knives being out again imo, must get passed that round at the very least.

I for one hope he goes all the way and gets 3rd and wins the cup this season. We are capable imo.

39 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Doing a very good job so far this season, I think the better recruitment team that's in place has aided him alot this season, we have a really good team in place now, however he is only an auchinleck cup defeat away from the knives being out again imo, must get passed that round at the very least.

I for one hope he goes all the way and gets 3rd and wins the cup this season. We are capable imo.

Ye might have just jinxed us!  
Unfortunately I forecast the Brora result last year and would not be surprised if there was a similar outcome this year. There are times when our team fails to raise it’s game against supposedly inferior opposition.  There have been numerous times in recent memory when a league win would have seen us either put some distance between or pulled us closer to those around us and annoyingly failed. This team needs to mentally toughen up and put games like these to bed if it is to “get to the next level” imo. A large part of that could be who we recruit and some of it has to be coaching/preparation. 
I hope we gub Auchinleck but think it might be a lot closer than any of us would like though. 

Edited by Canscot

SomethingAboutObua
3 hours ago, FTH said:

As long as the shortlist hasn't been fished out the recycling bin - was the original "succession plan" for Neilson not planned to be Jack Ross...?

Jack Ross (couldn't get Sunderland, England's Falkirk, promoted, now sacked by Hibs)

Then it was Liam Fox (nearly relegated Cowdenbeath, now asst. coach at United)

Then it was Andy Kirk (managing Brechin in a 5 way Highland League title challenge) 

Scary stuff we had Levein in charge of all things football for so long 

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I didn't know he left because of Levein.  If he did then I like him even more. 

8 hours ago, OTT said:

Is that kind of privately acknowledged as the reason?

Recall a lot of press guff about 'who was really calling the shots' and then the 'phoodle' brigade too. 

He said at the time he went to MKD that a big part of it was wanting to be a full manager instead of just a head coach. Whether it's because Levein was intolerable to work for and he was considering his words or he didn't mind Levein but just wanted more control is beyond any knowledge I have.

But it wasn't a secret at all that he wanted the full manager's remit and not just the touchline stuff.

Robbie is doing a good job and, more often than not, we're playing good football and winning games. That's all we ask for :)

The club just seems to be in a much better place now. The recruitment. The scouting. The academy. The Foundation attracting more pledgers. James Anderson. 

Every time I hear Joe Savage speak on football matters I get the impression he really knows what he wants and is determined to succeed. The side we have put together is a lot younger, has excellent quality and will be worth a few quid too, so I'm excited to see us add to that which we've already done with the capture of promising attacking full back Natty Akka. The market we're looking at will undoubtedly make us more competitive at the top of the league.

So, looking ahead, 2022 is going to be exciting for us Jambos, I can sense it, and in Robbie Neilson, Lee McCulloch and Gordon Forrest, we have a management team that's as good as any in Scotland.

Onwards and upwards.

CloustonHMFC

Robbie is Hearts as ****. Top guy, top player and is a top manager for us. A couple bad results of the course of both his managerial spells but nothing that has brought the club any serious harm. Deserves a cup win and confident he will get one this season or next. Disrespected way too much by our own support in his first spell and last season, also still at it from a few now.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Robbie is doing a good job and, more often than not, we're playing good football and winning games. That's all we ask for :)

The club just seems to be in a much better place now. The recruitment. The scouting. The academy. The Foundation attracting more pledgers. James Anderson. 

Every time I hear Joe Savage speak on football matters I get the impression he really knows what he wants and is determined to succeed. The side we have put together is a lot younger, has excellent quality and will be worth a few quid too, so I'm excited to see us add to that which we've already done with the capture of promising attacking full back Natty Akka. The market we're looking at will undoubtedly make us more competitive at the top of the league.

So, looking ahead, 2022 is going to be exciting for us Jambos, I can sense it, and in Robbie Neilson, Lee McCulloch and Gordon Forrest, we have a management team that's as good as any in Scotland.

Onwards and upwards.

14 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Robbie is Hearts as ****. Top guy, top player and is a top manager for us. A couple bad results of the course of both his managerial spells but nothing that has brought the club any serious harm. Deserves a cup win and confident he will get one this season or next. Disrespected way too much by our own support in his first spell and last season, also still at it from a few now.

Good stuff chaps, Mon the Hearts!

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Every time I hear Joe Savage speak on football matters I get the impression he really knows what he wants and is determined to succeed.

Agreed. There's no dead weight in the squad. Just good young motivated players who we can still develop but who can also slot straight into the team or challenge more established players immediately. Even players like Gnando and Walker who we haven't seen much will probably do quite well if they do leave soon, we just have better options. Our worst player or at least the one who doesn't really fit the profile of keen, young players is probably Halliday. And even he is reasonably reliable when called on.

12 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Jack Ross (couldn't get Sunderland, England's Falkirk, promoted, now sacked by Hibs)

Then it was Liam Fox (nearly relegated Cowdenbeath, now asst. coach at United)

Then it was Andy Kirk (managing Brechin in a 5 way Highland League title challenge) 

Scary stuff we had Levein in charge of all things football for so long 

Had to check that that out - exciting league!

3 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I agree with almost all of that and that it's time to forget and move forward under a manager who is performing very well right now, but your point about results is an interesting one. Has there ever been a result that has brought the club serious harm? Killie 1965? Forfar 82? Dens 86? Although they are now long gone, he's overseen two of the worst results in the club's history. If Birkirkara and Brora did not bring the club serious harm then no result ever will. They potentially cost the club an absolute fortune. Admittedly we'd have probably lost to Volgograd but the Scottish Cup was absolutely there for the taking last season. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I agree with almost all of that and that it's time to forget and move forward under a manager who is performing very well right now, but your point about results is an interesting one. Has there ever been a result that has brought the club serious harm? Killie 1965? Forfar 82? Dens 86? Although they are now long gone, he's overseen two of the worst results in the club's history. If Birkirkara and Brora did not bring the club serious harm then no result ever will. They potentially cost the club an absolute fortune. Admittedly we'd have probably lost to Volgograd but the Scottish Cup was absolutely there for the taking last season. 

Were any managers sacked for those results? If my memory  is right, didn't the same manager who lost at Forfar (and had several bad cup exits later) go on to take us to within 7 minutes of a title at Dens and then the width of a post from a UEFA Cup semi final against Maradona's Napoli by beating Bayern at homeland running them close away?

Moral of the story is every manager has results that are outliers. Brora and QoS the week after were outliers. Both were undoubtably the worst results of that season but there were at least 3 times as many good results, which mean those results were not the norm no matter how many so-called Hearts fans try to make them out to be. One Neilson one you surprisingly left out, Alloa in the cup, I'd argue is a pretty normal LC defeat for Hearts. The obsession with Birkirkara is embarrassing and, while disappointing and frustrating (pen missed, hitting woodwork) I'm not rehashing why that was not the terrible result it's made out to be by some.

Owners need to keep their nerve in those situations and trust that they are outliers, and so do fans. Because just as Doddies career shouldn't be defined by a couple of bad results, or JJ defined by the 6-2 derby, neither should Neilson's or any managers be defined by the odd horrific result. Budge kept her nerve, unlike many Hearts fans although some pointed out why last season as a whole was kind of an outlier for obvious reasons, and we're seeing the reward for that - Neilson basically doing what Neilson does as a Hearts manager - build teams that pick up points, score goals, create chances and are rarely if ever out of the top 3.

On the flip side Cathro and Stengel (and even Levein latterly) has results that were outliers - but they were the good results and wins. The norm was bad results so they got sacked. It's still weird how Neilson gets stick for being one of our most reliable managers in recent history.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Were any managers sacked for those results? If my memory  is right, didn't the same manager who lost at Forfar (and had several bad cup exits later) go on to take us to within 7 minutes of a title at Dens and then the width of a post from a UEFA Cup semi final against Maradona's Napoli by beating Bayern at homeland running them close away?

Moral of the story is every manager has results that are outliers. Brora and QoS the week after were outliers. Both were undoubtably the worst results of that season but there were at least 3 times as many good results, which mean those results were not the norm no matter how many so-called Hearts fans try to make them out to be. One Neilson one you surprisingly left out, Alloa in the cup, I'd argue is a pretty normal LC defeat for Hearts. The obsession with Birkirkara is embarrassing and, while disappointing and frustrating (pen missed, hitting woodwork) I'm not rehashing why that was not the terrible result it's made out to be by some.

Owners need to keep their nerve in those situations and trust that they are outliers, and so do fans. Because just as Doddies career shouldn't be defined by a couple of bad results, or JJ defined by the 6-2 derby, neither should Neilson's or any managers be defined by the odd horrific result. Budge kept her nerve, unlike many Hearts fans although some pointed out why last season as a whole was kind of an outlier for obvious reasons, and we're seeing the reward for that - Neilson basically doing what Neilson does as a Hearts manager - build teams that pick up points, score goals, create chances and are rarely if ever out of the top 3.

On the flip side Cathro and Stengel (and even Levein latterly) has results that were outliers - but they were the good results and wins. The norm was bad results so they got sacked. It's still weird how Neilson gets stick for being one of our most reliable managers in recent history.

Mostly fair looking back but read my first line. Robbie is doing very well at the moment and it's long since been time to move on from these results but that doesn't mean they should be forgotten and swept under the carpet. We had 180 minutes to defeat Maltese part-timers, mate, so don't tell me Birkirkara wasn't a horrendous result, it's EASILY the worst result we've ever had in Europe. Alloa was a shocker but they were a team in he same division as we were so I never mentioned it. The Brora game, however, came slap bang in the middle of winning something like 2 games in 11, although admittedly it included Celtic in the cup final. They are a non-league side that hadn't played a game for 10 weeks. If Robbie had been sacked after QoS concluded that run then how could anyone have complained? I doubt you'd have been on the forum citing a knee-jerk reaction.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Shaggy2 said:

Mostly fair looking back but read my first line. Robbie is doing very well at the moment and it's long since been time to move on from these results but that doesn't mean they should be forgotten and swept under the carpet. We had 180 minutes to defeat Maltese part-timers, mate, so don't tell me Birkirkara wasn't a horrendous result, it's EASILY the worst result we've ever had in Europe. Alloa was a shocker but they were a team in he same division as we were so I never mentioned it. The Brora game, however, came slap bang in the middle of winning something like 2 games in 11, although admittedly it included Celtic in the cup final. They are a non-league side that hadn't played a game for 10 weeks. If Robbie had been sacked after QoS concluded that run then how could anyone have complained? I doubt you'd have been on the forum citing a knee-jerk reaction.

I was on the forum saying that last season was a weird one for many reasons and Robbie was doing the job he was given, unlike our previous managers, and that we'd be a completely different team this season. I said you have to judge managers on overall results, primarily the league, and not obviously one-off poor ones with mitigating factors. Although I actually don't think there were any mitigating factors to Brora and then QoS, they were just awful. I'm realistic enough to know that the magic of cup tournaments is that sometimes there are shock results and they happen to every manager and team. Likewise every team has bad results in the league but if you're top of the league I certainly don't lose sleep over the odd one or two.

On 02/01/2022 at 12:31, Bull's-eye said:

Some still live the past I see.

We need a thread for all the Shite moments in our history for these types to congregate on and swap suicidal stories with each other.

Back to the present. . Robbie is doing a cracking job.

Excellent post! Well said.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Top post.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good post. I find the singular obsession with Brora as a sackable offense for a single lost game bizarre. Of course it didn't harm the club—weird results happen all over football. Should Spain have sacked del Bosque after he embarrassingly lost to the United States of all places in the Confederations Cup?

The broader criticism of Robbie is that he really does have a problem with banana skins in cup games. Most folk won't say it but the real problem they have with him was losing to Hibs as they were on their way to breaking their big cup hoodoo, which was not only frustrating but ended one of our favorite taunts over our rivals. Birkirkara was probably the worst for me—weird cup losses happen every year but we had finally made it back to Europe after administration and then went on to do that.

Brora doesn't bother me much because I think the Highland League is genuinely underrated. Last season was hard for everyone — Hearts were a club with hopes of Europe having to unjustly slog through a poor league with no fans in the stands. By that point we had amassed a giant lead in the league table, and had already, oddly, won a semi-final and lost a heartbreaking cup final in the same competition earlier that season. So in all, the players were distracted and unmotivated.

Put simply, sacking Robbie just because he lost to Brora would have been f---ing daft. If he'd been third in the Championship at the time, fine, then Brora could have been the last straw.

But last season was an insane season, the likes of which haven't been seen for decades, probably since WWII. Weird things happen.

6 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

You really don't think the Brora result caused serious harm?

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Good post. I find the singular obsession with Brora as a sackable offense for a single lost game bizarre. Of course it didn't harm the club—weird results happen all over football. Should Spain have sacked del Bosque after he embarrassingly lost to the United States of all places in the Confederations Cup?

The broader criticism of Robbie is that he really does have a problem with banana skins in cup games. Most folk won't say it but the real problem they have with him was losing to Hibs as they were on their way to breaking their big cup hoodoo, which was not only frustrating but ended one of our favorite taunts over our rivals. Birkirkara was probably the worst for me—weird cup losses happen every year but we had finally made it back to Europe after administration and then went on to do that.

Brora doesn't bother me much because I think the Highland League is genuinely underrated. Last season was hard for everyone — Hearts were a club with hopes of Europe having to unjustly slog through a poor league with no fans in the stands. By that point we had amassed a giant lead in the league table, and had already, oddly, won a semi-final and lost a heartbreaking cup final in the same competition earlier that season. So in all, the players were distracted and unmotivated.

Put simply, sacking Robbie just because he lost to Brora would have been f---ing daft. If he'd been third in the Championship at the time, fine, then Brora could have been the last straw.

But last season was an insane season, the likes of which haven't been seen for decades, probably since WWII. Weird things happen.

A club with hopes for Europe who were bottom of the league when it stopped. 

They still should be better than a Highland League team.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

No, absolutely not. How did it actually harm the club? What, we missed out on a bit of revenue from a few more cup games that fans couldn't attend? Folk with no idea of how football works might see it as catastrophic damage to our reputation?

The matches that most harmed the club, by a long distance, were the ones played in February and March of 2020. Drawing with Hamilton and losing to St. Mirren left us bottom table and left us in a position where the SPFL dumped us into the Championship. Compared to those two, Brora was a nonce.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

A club with hopes for Europe who were bottom of the league when it stopped. 

They still should be better than a Highland League team.

Water is wet, the sun comes up in the east, and the better team doesn't always win a football match because football is like that.

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

No, absolutely not. How did it actually harm the club? What, we missed out on a bit of revenue from a few more cup games that fans couldn't attend? Folk with no idea of how football works might see it as catastrophic damage to our reputation?

The matches that most harmed the club, by a long distance, were the ones played in February and March of 2020. Drawing with Hamilton and losing to St. Mirren left us bottom table and left us in a position where the SPFL dumped us into the Championship. Compared to those two, Brora was a nonce.

And there is the reason why football isn't the same any more.

Losing games, even to humiliating opposition,  is okay as long as it doesn't cost too much money  

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

He definitely does and he's also drawn Celtic in early rounds probably more than any Hearts manager I can think of, so he's also been unlucky. Who knows what cup runs we could have had if we hadn't had such a hard draw early on. The LC this season for example with this team. Have we even ever won a cup or got to a cup semi or final when we've drawn Rangers or Celtic in the first round?

Neilson beating Hibs in a cup semi *should* even up the earlier cup loss. Again he was unlucky Hibs went on to win it. Bizarrely though some Hearts fans think Hibs won the cup that day 🤣 Does that mean Tony Mowbray won us the cup in 2006 and Jack Ross took Celtic to pens last season?

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Water is wet, the sun comes up in the east, and the better team doesn't always win a football match because football is like that.

Yes but the good teams that lose to comparative minnows normally have the good grace to acknowledge it was a bad result. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And there is the reason why football isn't the same any more.

Losing games, even to humiliating opposition,  is okay as long as it doesn't cost too much money  

We're "harmed" by multiple results every single season. Basically every season we don't win a cup or challenge in the league. Or even when we do challenge given Dens 86 apparently "harmed" the club. In fact that season was when we established ourselves as a top club again. The cups etc all stem from that season and the belief it brought us. St Mirren last season under Stendel was the single most harmful result in our recent history.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

We're "harmed" by multiple results every single season. Basic every season we don't win a cup or challenge in the league.

So that's the way you see the Brora result?

Just another non win?

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Yes but the good teams that lose to comparative minnows normally have the good grace to acknowledge it was a bad result. 

Who on this planet suggested it wasn't a bad result? Yes, of course it was a bad result. That's a long distance from "serious harm to the club."

It will always be hard for me to like a manager that left us for McDons , suffered our worst ever european result and worst ever cup result.  

add in celebrating a ‘money spinner’ draw against hibs and then getting pumped of them in the replay, its easy to understand why a lot of Hearts fans dont like him. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He definitely does and he's also drawn Celtic in early rounds probably more than any Hearts manager I can think of, so he's also been unlucky. Who knows what cup runs we could have had if we hadn't had such a hard draw early on. The LC this season for example with this team. Have we even ever won a cup or got to a cup semi or final when we've drawn Rangers or Celtic in the first round?

Neilson beating Hibs in a cup semi *should* even up the earlier cup loss. Again he was unlucky Hibs went on to win it. Bizarrely though some Hearts fans think Hibs won the cup that day 🤣 Does that mean Tony Mowbray won us the cup in 2006 and Jack Ross took Celtic to pens last season?

To be fair until the last couple of years Hearts were not a good cup team under Levein either. 

I think there's something about our style of play which doesn't adapt well to teams having a go.

Guest ToqueJambo

So that's the way you see the Brora result?

Just another non win?

I already said it was one of our worst ever results and certainly our worst that season. I tend to move on though and prefer not to think about such results. Do you also spend hours discussing and bringing up the 6-2 Hibs defeat and any number of other bad results? Forget and move on.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Shanks said:

It will always be hard for me to like a manager that left us for McDons , suffered our worst ever european result and worst ever cup result.  

add in celebrating a ‘money spinner’ draw against hibs and then getting pumped of them in the replay, its easy to understand why a lot of Hearts fans dont like him. 

Define "a lot"

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

To be fair until the last couple of years Hearts were not a good cup team under Levein either. 

I think there's something about our style of play which doesn't adapt well to teams having a go.

Sorry, but that's a terrible take. We played our best last season - the one being discussed - when we played teams willing to have a go. What we struggled with, like many teams, was teams parking the bus.

HeartsandonlyHearts
14 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Do you? It sucked. It was embarrassing. We certainly could have done without it. But serious harm?
if your answer is yes then you need to expand on it and go into more detail and the serious harm it caused.

Is 65 the year you were born? If not you may need to expand on that too.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Define "a lot"

Me and the majority of my Hearts supporting mates, you disagree with anything else I said there?  

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Who on this planet suggested it wasn't a bad result? Yes, of course it was a bad result. That's a long distance from "serious harm to the club."

And acknowledgement of a 'bad result ", which would include a 2-0 loss to Dundee at home, is a long way from accepting how awful the Brors result was.

I think it is too forgotten that the Brora result was not a surprise at the time.

We were playing minging.

I wanted rid of him. 

This season has been a massive improvement, mainly down to recruitment (yes, Robbie deserves this praise also).

23 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It did a lot of serious harm to individuals on here, for sure. 🥸

5 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Do you? It sucked. It was embarrassing. We certainly could have done without it. But serious harm?
if your answer is yes then you need to expand on it and go into more detail and the serious harm it caused.

Is 65 the year you were born? If not you may need to expand on that too.

It was national news. It was humiliating.

And yes 1965 was the year I was born.

I see what you're getting at but you're absolutely wrong. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Me and the majority of my Hearts supporting mates, you disagree with anything else I said there?  

I think Neilson is a very good Hearts manager so we might disagree on some things.

6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And acknowledgement of a 'bad result ", which would include a 2-0 loss to Dundee at home, is a long way from accepting how awful the Brors result was.

When did we lose 2-0 to Dundee at home?

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

I again go back to "serious harm to the club," which is a pretty severe allegation.

I mentioned the 2009 Spain loss to the USA. One of the best international sides ever assembled lost in a mid-tier tournament with a full squad to an assortment that included Jozy Altidore, Carlos Bocanegra, and Charlie Davies. Yes, heroes to American soccer fans but nothing that should have ever worried Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Silva, and co., much less been able to beat them 2-0. It ended a 35 game unbeaten streak and kept them out of a marquee final against Brazil.

Did that loss "seriously harm" Spain? Clearly, as they missed all of the subsequent major tournaments and most of the players involved never played for Spain again. I kid, of course, they romped to two more major tournament titles.

Brora stung the pride of Hearts fans and kept us out of a cup competition, and that hurt. We then went on to win promotion, have our best recruiting window in a decade, and shoot to first in the table for a while in the fall before settling into third.

It did not do "serious harm." FFS.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry, but that's a terrible take. We played our best last season - the one being discussed - when we played teams willing to have a go. What we struggled with, like many teams, was teams parking the bus.

To a point, but take Alloa as an example. 

We play them in the league and win after a struggle. 

They're a bit more fired up for the League Cup and we can't cope.

It was national news. It was humiliating.

And yes 1965 was the year I was born.

I see what you're getting at but you're absolutely wrong. 

It harmed us that much we are now third in the SPL. It was certainly embarrassing but I don’t see any long term harm to the prospects of the club. 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Shanks said:

How about a manager who won a league with Hibs and Rangers in it before April (condemning Hibs to 2 more seasons down there), beat Hibs in a cup semi final and took Celtic to pens in the final, beat Celtic on the first day after promotion when we were being tipped to be relegation candidates by some of our own fans, and has never had us out of the top 3 in I think 4 seasons total now (3 full and two halfs)? How about that manager?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

To a point, but take Alloa as an example. 

We play them in the league and win after a struggle. 

They're a bit more fired up for the League Cup and we can't cope.

Being fired up and having a go are very different things.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

When did we lose 2-0 to Dundee at home?

It was an example. 

Losing to Brora is a different scale.

I think Neilson is a very good Hearts manager so we might disagree on some things.

He’s a manager thats overseen some of the worst results in our history and left us at the first opportunity for a fake club in milton keynes. 

Being fired up and having a go are very different things.

Alright then we don't cope with teams that are fired up.

Is that better?

I really can't understand the acceptance of the Brora result on here 

6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I again go back to "serious harm to the club," which is a pretty severe allegation.

I mentioned the 2009 Spain loss to the USA. One of the best international sides ever assembled lost in a mid-tier tournament with a full squad to an assortment that included Jozy Altidore, Carlos Bocanegra, and Charlie Davies. Yes, heroes to American soccer fans but nothing that should have ever worried Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Silva, and co., much less been able to beat them 2-0. It ended a 35 game unbeaten streak and kept them out of a marquee final against Brazil.

Did that loss "seriously harm" Spain? Clearly, as they missed all of the subsequent major tournaments and most of the players involved never played for Spain again. I kid, of course, they romped to two more major tournament titles.

Brora stung the pride of Hearts fans and kept us out of a cup competition, and that hurt. We then went on to win promotion, have our best recruiting window in a decade, and shoot to first in the table for a while in the fall before settling into third.

It did not do "serious harm." FFS.

And on your logic it won't do any harm as we never win a cup but plod along in the top half of the table?