Robbie Neilson

Leveins Battalion

Leveins Battalion

I have watched a bucket load of old Hearts videos on YouTube during this Holiday period,I have to admit I have been ignorant and actually forgot how big a part Robbie has played in the last 20 years of HMFC.

Played under Levein ( the 1st time)and Burley,some of the biggest games in our history,Bordeaux,Basel and won trophy’s,part of,in my opinion our best ever team in my 35years, the 2006 squad.

He is still a relatively young coach,probably approaching his peak years,older,wiser and hopefully braver.

I really hope that with Savage taking our recruitment to the next level that Robbie takes us to the next level,he deserves it IMO,a great Hearts man even if he is a weedgie 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• Hmfc1965

• Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot

2 penalties from becoming a legend. 

Hopefully he stays at least 3/4 seasons, but if we end up 3rd or even 4th  this season and  start well and in about 3rd next season he'll have offers, we'll do well to keep him.

I was wondering if a similar post would come up. 18 months left of his contract. I would say if finishes in top 4 then would deserve an extension

Jambo_jim2001
1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Ragin thought this was an oot thread😛

Give it time🙄boys done good in my book

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

You need to wait until 10 minutes into the next match

21 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’ve no idea what your post means, however, I think he’s doing great.

I can’t think of anyone who could be doing any better than Robbie.

I have never understood the hatred towards him tbh, he has been at Hearts for a very long time and always gave his all for us even if some think he was limited as a player, several managers disagreed with that one, me included, I thought he was a more than able player for our level. And as a manager, he has done a more than decent job as well albeit a couple of shambolic results. Some roasters in our support though are just unforgiving because of a defeat against our neighbours. 

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

I have never understood the hatred towards him tbh, he has been at Hearts for a very long time and always gave his all for us even if some think he was limited as a player, several managers disagreed with that one, me included, I thought he was a more than able player for our level. And as a manager, he has done a more than decent job as well albeit a couple of shambolic results. Some roasters in our support though are just unforgiving because of a defeat against our neighbours. 

Your last sentence sums up the whole ‘anti-Neilson’ thing perfectly.

Just now, Morgan said:

Pretty much, some self entitled people in our support 🙄 

3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Pretty much, some self entitled people in our support 🙄 

Yes, he more or less handed Hibs the Cup on a silver salver, according to some.  :facepalm:

I think He deserves enormous respect.Never a world beater but gave his all in every game.His managerial career wit us has been really good when compared to all other managers and the few times I've spoken to him his love of Hearts shone through. He has my full support and hope he stays for a while yet.Im hopeful we get a 3rd place and I've a really good feeling about next year.Theres a feeling that once again a bonds forming with the team and supporters and that makes the players try harder

I think Neilson is treated very disrespectfully by a large minority of our support, and it is completely unjustified IMO. Yes he has had some very poor results, but that occurs under even the best managers. He is a self declared Hearts fan, is absolutely committed to the cause and was a very steady, cup winning player for us. I genuinely don't know what some fans want; do they expect us to get Pep Guardiola? He has got us promoted twice, won the SC with us as a player, delivered some great results and has overseen a real turnaround in our fortunes. What I really like about him is the way he speaks about the OF and how we should be going to their grounds and aiming to beat them and we should be aiming to win the league, not just be also rans. I cannot remember other managers being as bold when it comes to making statements like that. I hope we can hold on to him for several more years.

23 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Result aside, I don't think his 'money spinner' comment went down particularly well given the time of year and cost to fans. I'm sure he regrets saying that and is wiser now.

I think we're progressing well and European nights might not be far away. If he gets us that he's earned an extension.

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s done very well. Get 3rd and a fantastic achievement. 

Get 3rd- again.

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

45 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’ve no idea what your post means, however, I think he’s doing great.

I can’t think of anyone who could be doing any better than Robbie.

Joking lads 

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yes, he more or less handed Hibs the Cup on a silver salver, according to some.  :facepalm:

He did indeed, unforgivable I tell thee!!:rudi:

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Result aside, I don't think his 'money spinner' comment went down particularly well given the time of year and cost to fans. I'm sure he regrets saying that and is wiser now.

I think we're progressing well and European nights might not be far away. If he gets us that he's earned an extension.

It was a cringe moment and kind of angered me as well if I’m honest but it was straight after the match and no doubt feeling gutted and put straight in front of the camera, no doubt he regrets that comment but ffs if that warrants all the abuse and aeroplanes and phoodle pish then the games a bogey.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I have watched a bucket load of old Hearts videos on YouTube during this Holiday period,I have to admit I have been ignorant and actually forgot how big a part Robbie has played in the last 20 years of HMFC.

Played under Levein ( the 1st time)and Burley,some of the biggest games in our history,Bordeaux,Basel and won trophy’s,part of,in my opinion our best ever team in my 35years, the 2006 squad.

He is still a relatively young coach,probably approaching his peak years,older,wiser and hopefully braver.

I really hope that with Savage taking our recruitment to the next level that Robbie takes us to the next level,he deserves it IMO,a great Hearts man even if he is a weedgie 

Certainly has us playing more entertaining attacking football - maybe the influence of Levein has finally faded….

People really forget that he’s still only 41, he’s gone away down south & granted not had the best of time but his stat in Scotland are fantastic for a non old firm manager! I honestly think he fancies built something special at us & I really don’t see him leaving again so easily it would need to take a massive job! With Savage there & by the looks of it some money to spend I think he sees us being serious contenders for silverware each season 

11 hours ago, Morgan said:

His tackle literally won us the cup against Gretna...

Drew Wallace
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 penalties from becoming a legend. 

Hopefully he stays at least 3/4 seasons, but if we end up 3rd or even 4th  this season and  start well and in about 3rd next season he'll have offers, we'll do well to keep him.

Only time i cried

Not even Dundee

That hurt but hay ho better to come IMHO

I really hope that with Savage taking our recruitment to the next level that Robbie takes us to the next level,he deserves it IMO,a great Hearts man even if he is a *weedgie 

* No he isn't.

3 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Only time i cried

Not even Dundee

I didn’t cry but my son and I just sat staring at the TV refusing to believe what had just happened! 🙈

Jambo_jim2001
39 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Joking lads 

Give it time ,as in the jamoans will soon be on wanting rid of him... he's a great servant to the club,and he's ok in my book as he's a true jambo

14 minutes ago, Section Q said:

And he tucked away his penalty

This argument has been done to death several times over and almost everyone accepts that RN is currently doing a more than decent job.

I keep seeing this ‘take us to the next level’ phrase and I’m keen to know exactly what is meant by that phrase 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This argument has been done to death several times over and almost everyone accepts that RN is currently doing a more than decent job.

I keep seeing this ‘take us to the next level’ phrase and I’m keen to know exactly what is meant by that phrase 

Compete for the title?

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Next level for me is a consistent top 4 finish , and a cup win . 

I am really happy for Robbie and the job he is doing this season. Really thought there was no way back for him after the Brora debacle but has us playing some great stuff and getting the results to match. A strong cup run and think he’ll be the favourite for Manager of the year. 

One thing about the ‘tackle’ though is I don’t actually think it was as big a moment as people make it out to be. We were 1-0 up at the time and Gretna actually scored about 5-10 mins later. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

And it was his long throw in that got headed to Rudi at the back post for the goal.

2 hours ago, fila said:

Next level for me is a consistent top 4 finish , and a cup win . 

Comprehensive 3rd and having the OF worry about us until springtime at least would be next level for me.

Cups are great obviously but unless your winning them regular they don’t really speak to ‘level’ Just look at St J for that one 

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

The fact he had the balls to put his name down in the first five takers says a lot about his character.  Lesser players would have targeted the last possible taker slot in the hope they aren't needed.

9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I was wondering if a similar post would come up. 18 months left of his contract. I would say if finishes in top 4 then would deserve an extension

Top 3. 

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Next level for us is to open up a gap between us and 4th, get to the group stages of the Europa and do some damage in the cups - and do this for the next 3/4 seasons consistently. 

Challenging for a title is beyond us right now but we should at least be in a position to challenge for 2nd if either of the OF falter. 

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

5zrdp9.gif.b618878a808d7df09d68fe22847e4a68.gif

5zrdmi.gif.2813f0d20d4092e468a6d456dd59a8d0.gif

5zrdhc.gif.4485a868902f82915895fb521a7c2a0f.gif

Heroic performance in that final.

Only time he disappointed was when one of our many Russian caretaker managers played him as right winger against Hibs

Finally a positive thread about a talented young Scottish manager who just so happens to be hearts daft. 

Managing dundee untied doing a stellar job imo then Ann came in for him. 

He came back home. 

Won us the championship and pushed us right on. 

All be it with shan cup defeats to alloa and Brora. 

That hibs defeat still leaves a bitter taste. 

Redeemed when we beat them in the semi imo. 

Just like Ann budge and craig said. Give him time, and believe. 

41 years old. 

Still learning on the job aswell. 

The day we/he finally gets a taste of silverware it will be a emotional. 

No one even the boo boys cannot say he loves the club. One of our own. 

We all want him to be successful 

11 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Good post. As a player, Robbie’s contribution as you say was significant and arguably summed up in the 2006 Final where he executed a perfect penalty box tackle which probably prevented us losing a goal and then had the self-assurance to score a fine penalty in the shoot-out.

As pointed out elsewhere, he would have added a Scottish Cup win to his achievements if some of his players hadn’t been shitebags and failed to show the same professionalism as Robbie himself.

It would be great to see us finish 3rd but then actually go on to qualify for Europe.

We really need to sort out our defence sharpish though. Get Souttar replaced ASAP this month and find out whats happening with Halkett + Extension for Kingsley

10 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

Only time i cried

Not even Dundee

I’m sure you would of been in tears if Robbie never made the goal line clearance against Gretna 😬

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Top 3. 

Top 3 has to be the demand. Anything less isn't good enough - If he pulls off a cup win and doesn't finished 3rd that would be the exception. 

Unlike Maloney or Glass, Robbie is an experienced manager with a very good team at his disposal. I think 3rd is very attainable. - Aberdeen do have a good team, but have had a bad start. Hibs, meh. 

Lucky to be in a job after last season but credit to him he’s clearly ditched the safety first boring approach and the football has been good to watch for most of the time. 

8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Lucky to be in a job after last season but credit to him he’s clearly ditched the safety first boring approach and the football has been good to watch for most of the time. 

In a nutshell…