Betty White

iantjambo

The final ‘Golden Girl’ has passed away, aged 99. Just a couple of weeks short of her 100th birthday.

Used to love Golden Girls when I was wee.

RIP Betty

22 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The final ‘Golden Girl’ has passed away, aged 99. Just a couple of weeks short of her 100th birthday.

Used to love Golden Girls when I was wee.

RIP Betty

Was one of them not way younger than the others but didn't look it? Or was that a different show? I remember the first series being good then it lost its way...

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Genuinely thought she was immortal. Shame, 2 weeks shy of her 100th birthday. Still, tremendous life lived though. 

9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Was one of them not way younger than the others but didn't look it? Or was that a different show? I remember the first series being good then it lost its way...

the one who played blanche was 11-12 years younger than the other three

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I believe Rue McClanahan (Blanche) was considerably younger than the rest of the cast, when the show began.

Interestingly, Estelle Getty (Sophia) was about a year younger than Bea Arthur, who played her onscreen daughter, Dorothy.

Edited by iantjambo

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

the one who played blanche was 11-12 years younger than the other three

Or was it that the really "old" one, who was playing Dorothy's mother wasn't actually any older than her "daughter" perhaps?

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I believe Rue McClanahan (Blanche) was considerably younger than the rest of the cast, when the show began.

Interestingly, Estelle Getty (Sophia) was about a year younger than Bea Arthur, who played her onscreen daughter, Dorothy.

Argh  you beat me to it! - Milky's mention of there being 4 triggered what it was!!

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Argh  you beat me to it! - Milky's mention of there being 4 triggered what it was!!

Sorry 😂

Getty apparently wore make up to make her look older than she was.

19 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Genuinely thought she was immortal. Shame, 2 weeks shy of her 100th birthday. Still, tremendous life lived though. 

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I’m amazed at the amount of acting credits she has. 

Genuinely thought she was indestructible too. Shame , loved her , amazing human

Just now, sadj said:

Genuinely thought she was indestructible too. Shame , loved her , amazing human

Genuinely gutted that she passed, just 18 days shy of her 100th birthday 😔 

Салатные палочки
16 minutes ago, Pap said:

Mind they used to play the theme after home matches in the 80s.

I remember them playing it after the Motherwell game at the end of the 94/95 season. I thought it was really random but I didn't know they played it in the 80s. 

27 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I remember them playing it after the Motherwell game at the end of the 94/95 season. I thought it was really random but I didn't know they played it in the 80s. 

Certainly in the late 80s, i remember it. 88/89.

I remember it being on , on a Friday night . We would watch it then go out clubbing lol 😂 all the golden girls were very talented . In particular Bea Arthur who was a great Broadway star and singer as well as some great tv roles . Betty White very talented too . Good age to go . Born the same year as Judy Garland rip 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

And so it begins....

I read that and one word came to mind. A short word. A word that isn’t remotely acceptable in polite company. 

Malinga the Swinga

When asked if she regretted anything in her career, her stock answer was not doing Robert Redford.

Friends with Ryan Reynolds and Jennifer Love Hewitt, she carried on working into 90's.

I liked her on Craig Ferguson's late late show, where she was regular guest. She knew how to play part and her roles on SNL proved she was game for anything.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

I was only talking about her yesterday and was commenting that she would be 100 on a few weeks. 😢

9C1F2BD2-174F-4BC0-A902-A9D92802EA3E.jpeg

Great photo.

3 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I was only talking about her yesterday and was commenting that she would be 100 on a few weeks. 😢

9C1F2BD2-174F-4BC0-A902-A9D92802EA3E.jpeg

thats my size of wine glass

On 31/12/2021 at 22:09, NANOJAMBO said:

And so it begins....

It's always a massive surprise when a 99 year old dies before her time is up.