Things you hate but wished you liked…….

Lord BJ

Stewie Griffin
38 minutes ago, superjack said:

Laphroaig is 1 of my favourites, live the stuff.

For me it's eggs. Even the smell of a cooked egg turns my stomach, on the other hand they're ideal for making a quick scran.

I’m the same can’t stand eggs but would like to like them as they are good for making something quick / simple. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Smithee

• whodanny

• JamesM48

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I’m the same can’t stand eggs but would like to like them as they are good for making something quick / simple. 

I don't mind them in food though as long as I can't smell them. I love home made quiche, but I put in quite a lot of cheese and insides the egg smell. Supermarket bought ones I can't go near as I can smell the eggs. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Beans.  Cant stand them

Golf, I cant stand it. Its boring.

and surpringsly chocolate. I will eat it now and then but if am at a restaurant ill chose cheese and biscuits instead of a dessert. 

Whisky no thanks I like  a gin and tonic if i have a spirt , but sometimes like a vodka or jack Daniels. 

But going by the thread topic, you wish you liked beans, golf, chocolate and whisky? I'm getting the vibe that's not the case? 😄

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Beans.  Cant stand them . 

Golf, I cant stand it. Its boring.

and surpringsly chocolate. I will eat it now and then but if am at a restaurant ill chose cheese and biscuits instead of a dessert. 

Whisky no thanks I like  a gin and tonic if i have a spirt , but sometimes like a vodka or jack Daniels. 

No I don’t . The wording of the title of the thread is rather confusing I think . Why would u want to like something you don’t like ? 

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why would u want to like something you don’t like ? 

It’s like you never read my post:sob:

Lots of people don’t like things that are good for then, as much as they like things that are bad for them. Myriad of other reasons to be honest.

Exercise is an obvious example.

I also thought you answer was going to be sex with a female :clyay:

34 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No I don’t . The wording of the title of the thread is rather confusing I think . Why would u want to like something you don’t like ? 

I'd like to like fish, half my family are from the east neuk and come from fishing stock. It's a big deal to them, but I hate it so they won't have it in a big family meal although they'd love to.

I got lost in a Turkish fish market at over 30 degrees years ago, worst eternity of my life 🤮 That really doesn't help.

50 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You don't like the toffs, yes?

Now imagine that you did like the toffs as well as the bits of rough. Wouldn't that open up more possibilities? ;)

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I read that as tops initially. 

Then wondered, if you had something to reveal 🙈

Bless dyslexia 😂

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Bless dyslexia 😂

Oh no, I'm sure James quite likes the tops:

Are you really dyslexic, LBJ?

25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd like to like fish, half my family are from the east neuk and come from fishing stock. It's a big deal to them, but I hate it so they won't have it in a big family meal although they'd love to.

I got lost in a Turkish fish market at over 30 degrees years ago, worst eternity of my life 🤮 That really doesn't help.

:D That's your Room 101 sorted out then, Smithee.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s like you never read my post:sob:

Lots of people don’t like things that are good for then, as much as they like things that are bad for them. Myriad of other reasons to be honest.

Exercise is an obvious example.

I also thought you answer was going to be sex with a female :clyay:

well you should never assume that i haven't  !  whether it was good or not is another matter. :) 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Now imagine that you did like the toffs as well as the bits of rough. Wouldn't that open up more possibilities? ;)

what are you suggesting  .

image-23-10-21-07-07-8.jpeg

Edited by JamesM48

57 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Bless dyslexia 😂

53 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Oh no, I'm sure James quite likes the tops:

Are you really dyslexic, LBJ?

I think 4 tops would definitely be a bit too much for me now. Maybe in my younger days :)however never say never. 

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

Edited by JamesM48

59 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Bless dyslexia 😂

hmmmm Freud would have a field day. :) 

Edited by JamesM48

Olives.  Hate them but the Mrs and kids love them and spends a fair wedge on them (not complaining) but they look great and all the different kinds are impressive but they give me the boak

A Boy Named Crow

Tomatoes. I can't stand raw tomato,  like you get in most sandwiches. I know there's no reason not to eat them,  they're healthy, nutritious etc... but whenever I try to, I get an instant gag reflex.

I have tried to get used to them,  but the revulsion just won't go away...much as I wish it would.

11 hours ago, whodanny said:

This. I often wander into a place and the coffee smells wonderful, then I get a cup and it tastes awful, or just bland at best.

Edit to add: there's a wee place on the Old Pentland Road called the Secret Herb Garden. The coffee there was excellent. So not all bad.

Yip. Most of it (IMO) just tastes like hot dirt. Plus the chains have it mega ovepriced faff!

Never got the coffee culture & really have a personal dislike (almost a hatred even) of people who cannot seem to be able to complete menial tasks like feckin walking anywhere without a cup of take away £6 coffee in their hand! 
WTF happened to society in Scotland that we turned into bloody Seattle???

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I think 4 tops would definitely be a bit too much for me now. Maybe in my younger days :)however never say never. 

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

:D Believe it or not, I was talking about their musical style. I thought you might be a fan of the music from that era.

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

what are you suggesting  .

image-23-10-21-07-07-8.jpeg

:D I was trying to explain how you might hate something but wish you liked it because it would be advantageous to you if you did (i.e. what this thread is all about), in terms you might understand. ;)

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D Believe it or not, I was talking about their musical style. I thought you might be a fan of the music from that era.

Oh dont worry Ive just got a  dirty mind. In the gutter really.  :)  " fan of music from that era" ...what age do you think i am !  :)   I do like some motown mind you but prefer my Dusty Springfield from that era

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D I was trying to explain how you might hate something but wish you liked it because it would be advantageous to you if you did (i.e. what this thread is all about), in terms you might understand. ;)

Believe it or not I'm still struggling to under this thread. :)  I think i might get tested for dyslexia or some kind of brain thingy. 

Cheese

I've tried it a few times, tried different varieties but unless it's melted on a pizza, prefixing the word "cake" or flavouring up a packet of cheese and onion crisps you can stick it right back up where it came from.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Cheese

I've tried it a few times, tried different varieties but unless it's melted on a pizza, prefixing the word "cake" or flavouring up a packet of cheese and onion crisps you can stick it right back up where it came from.

He's got cheese!

Fish and Coffee for me. Everyone sitting with their fancy coffees in cafés which smell and look good but just taste rancid. 

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Is that the Ford People, because someone already said people 

Forgive me, I never realised someone had answered on my behalf. I thought this was as per individual.

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Forgive me, I never realised someone had answered on my behalf. I thought this was as per individual.

You're forgiven. That's fine 

14 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

ah its all good natured Morgan...  :) 

I wish the same could be said for the stick you get on the Corona thread!

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

I wish the same could be said for the stick you get on the Corona thread!

aye that's a vicious thread if ever there was.........

Salad Fingers

Hogmanay. 

I wish I really enjoyed it but it's always depressed me and I can't put my finger on why. In fact, this year is the first I'll not be drinking as usually I like to get pished just to get it out the way. 

21 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yip. Most of it (IMO) just tastes like hot dirt. Plus the chains have it mega ovepriced faff!

Never got the coffee culture & really have a personal dislike (almost a hatred even) of people who cannot seem to be able to complete menial tasks like feckin walking anywhere without a cup of take away £6 coffee in their hand! 
WTF happened to society in Scotland that we turned into bloody Seattle???

To add to this, although probably more suited to the seethe thread, when I used to work in offices and people would come in all "grumpy" saying "I need my coffee before ANYBODY speaks to me" .. Attention seeking ttwats.. 🖕

On topic...

Actually sat for 10 minutes since writing first bit but can't think of anything. 😂 I hate things for a reason, no point wishing I didn't... 

Funny thing is though, when I read the thread title and posts I thought I'd have loads! Think I've maybe overanalyzed myself.. again. 

18 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Funny thing is though, when I read the thread title and posts I thought I'd have loads! Think I've maybe overanalyzed myself.. again. 

I hate when folk do that. I'd have a much more relaxed time of things if I didn't. :(

Once again, one ended the night "singing" into the lavvy bowl after copious amounts of bevvy that one cannot handle. 

:vrface:

Nunya Business

Imagine hating people because they like coffee. An extremely bizarre outlook.

5 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Imagine hating people because they like coffee. An extremely bizarre outlook.

I do enjoy good coffee and always start the day at home with an espresso but I do find the “I’ve got a fancy reusable cup and have it with me at all times” trendy coffee types a bit tiresome. 

Nunya Business
33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I do enjoy good coffee and always start the day at home with an espresso but I do find the “I’ve got a fancy reusable cup and have it with me at all times” trendy coffee types a bit tiresome. 

I used to work with a lot of people you could describe as "coffee hipsters" back in the day. I'm not into coffee myself and can see why some might find the chat about expensive beans or new cafetières a bit tiresome, but to state you full on hate someone for it is just unhealthy.

Edited by Nunya Business

On 31/12/2021 at 12:26, Bluesy1874 said:

Fish and Coffee for me. Everyone sitting with their fancy coffees in cafés which smell and look good but just taste rancid. 

If you think that coffee tastes ‘rancid’ then I’m afraid you’re drinking poor quality coffee.

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

I used to work with a lot of people you could describe as "coffee hipsters" back in the day. I'm not into coffee myself and can see why some might find the chat about expensive beans or new cafetières a bit tiresome, but to state you full on hate someone for it is just unhealthy.

I hate males that wear trousers above the (bare) ankles.  Especially mustard coloured trousers.

Is that unhealthy?

Francis Albert
On 30/12/2021 at 13:37, whodanny said:

You should try Whisky instead. That's where the real joy is.

The Irish and American spelling seems to be taking over. In bars and restaurants Scotch is increasingly listed under whiskeys. We should oppose this as much as the French defend their appellation controlee.

Nunya Business
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If you think that coffee tastes ‘rancid’ then I’m afraid you’re drinking poor quality coffee.

I hate males that wear trousers above the (bare) ankles.  Especially mustard coloured trousers.

Is that unhealthy?

Yes, however I'm not sure I want to know what deep rooted issue you have in your life that causes you to have strong feelings about what kind of trousers strange men are wearing.

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Yes, however I'm not sure I want to know what deep rooted issue you have in your life that causes you to have strong feelings about what kind of trousers strange men are wearing.

Ok, smart Alec.

Firstly, how is it ‘unhealthy’?

Secondly, you’re ‘not sure’.  That implies that you don’t know your own mind.  

Thirdly, why don’t you say ‘problem’ instead of the new, and super trendy ‘issue’?