Optimistic about 2022 ?

Maple Leaf

Good riddance to 2021, many people will say.  But how do you feel about what lies ahead in 2022 ?

Your job?  Your family life?  Your finances?  The legendary HMFC?

Are you feeling optimistic?  I am, about everything.  

Happy New Year to Hearts supporters everywhere.  :cheers:

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Morgan said:

Apart from this damn virus, I'm very optimistic about 2022.

Everything else is hunky dory.

This.

I'm sure 2022 will be the same as 2021. I will have bad days and good days. Fortunately the good days are always far more numerous than the bad days.

rudi must stay
50 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm sure 2022 will be the same as 2021. I will have bad days and good days. Fortunately the good days are always far more numerous than the bad days.

Typo he meant humerous 

Jeffros Furios

Nope next year could be even shitter than this year and I will probably  end up a mass murderer .

Edited by Jeffros Furios

4 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Nope next year could be even shitter than this year and I will probably  end up a mass murderer .

Why wait.

From a personal perspective I don't think 2022 can get much worse than 2021. :lol:

Looking forward to hopefully getting abroad though, especially if its to watch the famous in Europe. 

Covid will weaken by March and it will be a bad memory by the summer, except from the next years of a booster. 

Live long and prosper. 🖖

50 minutes ago, Locky said:

From a personal perspective I don't think 2022 can get much worse than 2021. :lol:

Looking forward to hopefully getting abroad though, especially if its to watch the famous in Europe. 

Would love a trip to Europe with Hearts.

This getting older malarkey has tipped my compass away from "Yay-another year" .... and towards "Yikes-can it get any worse".   sadrobbo.png.2ec43800e9214947a96b79f0517e6b8e.png

Too many seriously bad things happening across the world nowadays - Covid was just the latest.    Folk losing their homes & livelihood through floods/droughts/storms, Russia & China increasingly belligerent,  drastic decline in numbers of species & habitats in nature, world population going through the roof,  our own healthcare becoming more difficult to access,  the world drowning in plastic, chemicals in the atmosphere....... blah, blah. blah

Mind you, Hearts winning the SC and/or league in the next couple of years would get that compass swinging back to Yay again.:jambobanana:

13 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

This getting older malarkey has tipped my compass away from "Yay-another year" .... and towards "Yikes-can it get any worse".   sadrobbo.png.2ec43800e9214947a96b79f0517e6b8e.png

Too many seriously bad things happening across the world nowadays - Covid was just the latest.    Folk losing their homes & livelihood through floods/droughts/storms, Russia & China increasingly belligerent,  drastic decline in numbers of species & habitats in nature, world population going through the roof,  our own healthcare becoming more difficult to access,  the world drowning in plastic, chemicals in the atmosphere....... blah, blah. blah

I'll take that to be a 'Not optimistic' then.  :wink:

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Probably the only thing I've sadly never done as a fan.

21 trips for me 😀

Even though I no longer go to games I’ll be taking my youngest 2 abroad whenever we get there 

Eldest has been a few already 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Mind you, Hearts winning the SC and/or league in the next couple of years would get that compass swinging back to Yay again.:jambobanana:

Came on to say I was buzzing for it, but after reading this…

08B891EC-4998-4874-B049-F4FF7D122B8A.gif

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I missed a bit

80CC0E59-477A-45FA-8262-C12C3B8E9006.gif

Jambo_jim2001

Looking forward to being above the hobbos and getting my MK1 golf on the road,free road tax and no mot,enjoying retirement.take the rest of 2022 as it comes.

The Mighty Thor

The last couple of years have been brilliant at teaching us (certainly me) that you can only deal with what's in front of you. 

2022? Aye whatever, bring it on👍

My mrs is due in April with my first child and I’m due to start a new job in Feb which I’m looking forward too.  I turned 30 in November so it feels like it’s next part of my life starting I’ve had my late teens and 20s now it’s becoming more of a adult now 😂 

Made a list of golf courses I’m wanting to play in 2022 what I haven’t before , would love to watch Hearts play away in Europe and maybe try squeeze a holiday in see how it goes with the virus and travel also travelling with a newborn maybe stay in the UK again. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

I think years are just numbers on a calendar really. I try not to let time dictate my life. Ill continue as I am which has did me well . I never look back with melancholy or regret about the last year like some do on Hogmanay. Jan 1st is just another day really. Never do  new years resolutions either. Just surround myself with the people I love and care about and do things I like doing . So its just carry on as I was. 

luckyBatistuta
11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Gid night in the taxi wis it? 💷💷🤑

Nope, almost back to how it was during the lockdown for half of my shift now☹️

Was at a mates for a meal and on the old Thatcher’s all night, laaverly 😋

20 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Your job?  Your family life?  Your finances?  The legendary HMFC?

Are you feeling optimistic?  I am, about everything.  

Job - Recently returned to the rank and file of the unemployed and enjoying a hard-earned, but hopefully short-term, hiatus. 

Family - Definitely optimistic. My wife and three small bairns are definitely the highlight of a rather rank couple of years.

Finances - Still a million quid shy of being a millionaire. Could still be a great deal worse however. 

HMFC - I have been perpetually optimistic since we alighted from the tit of the Lithuanian dictator. 

Overall? Aside from, in my opinion, the authoritarian and illiberal governance of the SNP, which seeks to constrict our freedom to act, speak and think freely, I am feeling very optimistic about, and looking forward to, 2022 

jack D and coke
39 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Wish I could post your wee drunk video here :lol: 

Hope you had a good night pal👍🏼

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Wish I could post your wee drunk video here :lol: 

Hope you had a good night pal👍🏼

You better bloody not 🥊 :lol:

Have a Good New Year buddy❤️

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Only work half shifts then 😁

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Only work half shifts then 😁

If only😞

1/...I’m not a miwwionaire 

and

2/...you’ve not met my wife

19 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'll take that to be a 'Not optimistic' then.  :wink:

Well ,,,, maybe !!  :smile:  As someone above alluded to, the antidote to all that stuff is to resolve to do more of the things that give you satisfaction and fewer of the ones which don't.   Also,  just try something new or doing something differently.

We probably all get most satisfaction from spending time in the company of good friends - and just hope for the best !!. :toasting:

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If only😞

1/...I’m not a miwwionaire 

and

2/...you’ve not met my wife

You'll no become a millionaire by working hard

Hoping it will be obviously. 2020 and 2021 have been horrible in the main. 
dying to go on a holiday abroad,  getting the trips to see us in Europe 👍 would be fantastic.

Thankfully during this shitshow I’ve been working thank god which has kept me sane. Struggled like most mentally so hoping we can all get back to normal.

Салатные палочки
14 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

My mrs is due in April with my first child and I’m due to start a new job in Feb which I’m looking forward too.  I turned 30 in November so it feels like it’s next part of my life starting I’ve had my late teens and 20s now it’s becoming more of a adult now 😂 

Made a list of golf courses I’m wanting to play in 2022 what I haven’t before , would love to watch Hearts play away in Europe and maybe try squeeze a holiday in see how it goes with the virus and travel also travelling with a newborn maybe stay in the UK again. 

Congratulations mate. No better feeling in the world. Better get they courses in before April :laugh2:

Салатные палочки

I made a list before Christmas of things I want to get done in 2022. Whether I can do them all is another thing but the main things I want to do is learn more about autism and how we can support and care for my youngest daughter. Also to try and learn Makaton as she is non-verbal and we can hopefully communicate with her in a more in-depth way with that. 

I very rarely drink these days due to her sleeping pattern. It's really not worth having a few drinks and then she's up during the night for four hours so we tend to lay off it. So I'm actually aiming for a year off it. 

I'm also aiming to lose three stone through eating better and doing more exercise. I lost a good few lbs before Christmas but unsurprisingly I've gained it again over the last couple of weeks. 

So mixed feelings on 2022. We know it's going to be hard at times throughout the year but I'm aiming to do everything I can to make it better for us. 

I want to go on holiday abroad next year...I've just had Covid and hit the 14 days since my booster so I'm effing indestructible right now going into 2022 - freaking immortal!!!!!

So I want to go somewhere where I can just chill and not have to faff about with Covid restrictions.... 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Congratulations mate. No better feeling in the world. Better get they courses in before April :laugh2:

Cheers mate, aye I’ll need to get a few rounds in before April, I’ll then need to change my golf bag and buggy to his pram and start using a carry bag for golf 😂 push him about a golf course haha.

A Boy Named Crow
19 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I think years are just numbers on a calendar really. I try not to let time dictate my life. Ill continue as I am which has did me well . I never look back with melancholy or regret about the last year like some do on Hogmanay. Jan 1st is just another day really. Never do  new years resolutions either. Just surround myself with the people I love and care about and do things I like doing . So its just carry on as I was. 

Epstein-esque post :ph34r:

On 30/12/2021 at 07:02, Stu_HMFC said:

Congratulations. I would recommend getting away on a flight with a little one before they start to get mobile. Best thing we did was go on holiday to Bali when my boy was 5 months old. We went to majorca 4 months later and it was definitely more difficult bcoz he wanted to move and wriggle etc.