• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Rupert Pupkin

• ri Alban

Rupert Pupkin
38 minutes ago, Pap said:

I am not an animal! I am a human being. I am a man.

😭

“Hello my name is John Merrick”

I can’t watch this movie without crying .. All he wanted to do was sleep like a normal person. Tremendous acting ..😢😢😢

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

If we’re doing boxing:

No! Champ! No! Champ. Is he out? Is he out? What’s the matter, champ? Champ, wake up! Wake up! Wake - Wake up!

Couldn't bring myself to quote "the champ"... 

First movie I remember being actually heartbroken while watching..  

2 hours ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

I haven’t read the short story it was based on, although I have always intended to..

Will need to track it down.

It's a Stephen King story called The Body 

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Wilson, WILSON 

Are you quoting Friday Night Dinners?

I didn't speak to anyone for half a day after that. I don't think I've been so traumatised by a scene since seeing the childcatcher at the cinema when I was 4 or 5. 

William H. Bonney
8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Are you quoting Friday Night Dinners?

I didn't speak to anyone for half a day after that. I don't think I've been so traumatised by a scene since seeing the childcatcher at the cinema when I was 4 or 5. 

That would have been better for sure. 
Unfortunately I was quoting cast away 

8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

"Thank you boys...  Thank you." 

That’s a great shout.

Dead Poets Society. I greet like a bairn at that scene.

Another Robin Williams masterclass.

I like my old films and one which always gets me in tears is the great " I remember Mama". its a terrific film about a Norwegian immigrant family and in particular a mother who works hard and sacrifices a lot so her children can have a good life. The ending when the daughter says " most of all i remember mama" always gets me. It stars the almost unheard of now Irene Dunne who was an outstanding actress and a young Barbara Bel Geddes ( Miss Elie from Dallas for the philistines :) ) 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

That’s a great shout.

Dead Poets Society. I greet like a bairn at that scene.

Another Robin Williams masterclass.

On the Robin Williams theme, not something that gets me tearing up but a scene that is believable and powerful is the 'It's not your fault' one from Good Will Hunting. 

There are many scenes from the film that are great but this carries so much weight. 

highlandjambo3

Woof, woof, woof,,,,,,,,,woof, woofwoofwoof……woof…………woofwoof…..woof, woof, woof woof:

Lassie 1978…….loosely interpreted - “quick, wee Johnny has fallen down the well and bashed his heed, the well is about 20 foot deep so you’ll need a ladder or rope or something, remember not to send any fat bassas down the rope or we’ll have two people stuck in the well, now follow me”…. Or somthing like that’s😁

13 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

On the Robin Williams theme, not something that gets me tearing up but a scene that is believable and powerful is the 'It's not your fault' one from Good Will Hunting. 

There are many scenes from the film that are great but this carries so much weight. 

Absolutely!!

I was going to put that very line up.

The acting through out the film and that scene in particular is outstanding.

Written (I believe) by Affleck and Damon?

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:flag2:

Still lacks a bit of Billy Broon to make a real impact. I'm no' feeling that Al has been places and done 'hings to make the players truly believe. 

“Oh Jerry, don’t let’s ask for the moon, we have the stars”   Now, Voyager.

Please, let me see her face when he kisses her, please”   Stella Dallas 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Woof, woof, woof,,,,,,,,,woof, woofwoofwoof……woof…………woofwoof…..woof, woof, woof woof:

Lassie 1978…….loosely interpreted - “quick, wee Johnny has fallen down the well and bashed his heed, the well is about 20 foot deep so you’ll need a ladder or rope or something, remember not to send any fat bassas down the rope or we’ll have two people stuck in the well, now follow me”…. Or somthing like that’s😁

Gets me everytime🥲

Byyy The Light
On 25/12/2021 at 17:16, Boof said:

He's so smart, Jenny. You'd be so proud of him. I am. He, uh, wrote a letter, and he says I can't read it. I'm not supposed to, so I'll just leave it here for you.

This whole scene for me. 

Don't know if it would well me up but there's a line from 'Leaving Las Vegas' that stuck with me. All you have seen it will know it's about a character played by Nicholas Cage who has set out to drink himself to death inside a month or so. This line seemed to encapsulate the sheer despair.

"I can't remember if my wife left me because I started drinking, or if I started drinking because my wife left me"

On 25/12/2021 at 16:32, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

That really gets to me.

Good auld clint.

On 26/12/2021 at 13:14, FWJ said:

“Oh Jerry, don’t let’s ask for the moon, we have the stars”   Now, Voyager.

Please, let me see her face when he kisses her, please”   Stella Dallas 

Both classics. "Now Voyager"  is an outstanding romantic film of its time with a stirring Max Steiner score.  

"I'm poor, Black, I might even be ugly, but dear god, I'm here. I'm here."
-Celie (Whoopi Goldberg), The Color Purple (1985)

On 26/12/2021 at 06:25, highlandjambo3 said:

:rofl:

It's supposed to be a sad topic, and I'm not supposed to laugh, but .... :rofl:

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Val Kilmer steals the whole film. Top performance.

And bizarrely around the same time Dennis Quaid did the exact same thing in Wyatt Earp. But played Doc completely differently. On reflection I think I prefer Quaid’s take on it but it’s a very close thing. 

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And bizarrely around the same time Dennis Quaid did the exact same thing in Wyatt Earp. But played Doc completely differently. On reflection I think I prefer Quaid’s take on it but it’s a very close thing. 

Both good.

4 hours ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

she’s the most beautiful thing i’ve ever seen because you made her - right before bond dies 😭😭

I think you’ve just spoilt a film I’ve been waiting to see for ages. 

luckyBatistuta
On 26/12/2021 at 11:25, highlandjambo3 said:

:rofl: just read this with my 14 year old lad, two of us in stitches here 👏

luckyBatistuta

No, not Ritchie...not my Ritchie!!!

Went to see La Bamba on my first date with my wife who also brought her pal with her. Was sitting there at this point in the movie with a lump in my throat trying to fight back the tears, thinking please, please don’t bubble in front of them:lol:

It still gets me to this day though, it’s just sad man😞😭