• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Rupert Pupkin

• ri Alban

The White Cockade
On 25/12/2021 at 15:13, Ked said:

To George Bailey the richest man in town.

Everytime .

Seen the film a dozen times but still have a tear in my eye at the end when they all hand over money to keep the Building and Loan in business 

Best film ever

Say What Again

Please, boss, don't put that thing over my face. Please don't put me in the dark, don't make me go into the dark, I's afraid of the dark.

:cry_smile:

" the pain now is part of the happiness then" 

"Shadowlands"  with Anthony Hopkins and Debra Winger.  Its a very moving film. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

seriously???

He can’t be dead if they’re looking for someone else to play him in the next movie.

1 hour ago, Say What Again said:

Please, boss, don't put that thing over my face. Please don't put me in the dark, don't make me go into the dark, I's afraid of the dark.

:cry_smile:

Noooooo! A mixture of sadness and fury at that scene. 

Just now, iantjambo said:

He was better than Barnes.

It was a tongue in cheek, albeit a direct quote from Platoon 😊

Curious thing is. I was an Elias man. Smoking weed and then just bolting off to do his on sub missions.

Apart from the village scenes with supposed Vietcong villagers. Barnes has the right ideology. "When the machine breaks down, we break down.

That Hogmanay, when Elias and his mob were pished and smoking weed out of gun barrels while Barnes sat, literally soberly with his mob playing cards. The next scene was on new years day at the crack of dawn. On patrol. ****ed if i'd want any Elias's team backing me up 😂

I cant recall any of Barnes tactics (outwith that scene) being bad. And if you notice when they torched that village, explosions started going off from hidden munitions. Elias put a lot of people at risk, though bravely but ultimately got killed by doing.

Believe it or not my mind is still a bit fuzzy on it. Defo about time i re-watched it.

By the way. A total gem of a Vietnam film - Platoon Leader. Michael Dudikoff. I absolutely love it. Cannon at its best 👍

5 minutes ago, Pap said:

It was a tongue in cheek, albeit a direct quote from Platoon 😊

Curious thing is. I was an Elias man. Smoking weed and then just bolting off to do his on sub missions.

Apart from the village scenes with supposed Vietcong villagers. Barnes has the right ideology. "When the machine breaks down, we break down.

That Hogmanay, when Elias and his mob were pished and smoking weed out of gun barrels while Barnes sat, literally soberly with his mob playing cards. The next scene was on new years day at the crack of dawn. On patrol. ****ed if i'd want any Elias's team backing me up 😂

I cant recall any of Barnes tactics (outwith that scene) being bad. And if you notice when they torched that village, explosions started going off from hidden munitions. Elias put a lot of people at risk, though bravely but ultimately got killed by doing.

Believe it or not my mind is still a bit fuzzy on it. Defo about time i re-watched it.

By the way. A total gem of a Vietnam film - Platoon Leader. Michael Dudikoff. I absolutely love it. Cannon at its best 👍

Didn’t Barnes kill a mans wife and almost kill his young daughter? He even allowed his men to attempt to rape two little girls.

You’re right: incredible film 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Didn’t Barnes kill a mans wife and almost kill his young daughter? He even allowed his men to attempt to rape two little girls.

You’re right: incredible film 👍🏻

No. Charlie Sheen stopped them and they went to go after him and actually Barnes stopped them.

He shot the wife. Yep. Manny was found dead near the entrance of this village. It was clearly correct that it was under control of the Vietcong.  Charlie Sheen wasnt exactly an angel either in that village. And Sheen didnt have the right to kill Barnes. 

All in all a war that completely ****ed peoples minds up. Excellently portrayed by Stone & FFC in Apocalypse Now.

2 minutes ago, Pap said:

No. Charlie Sheen stopped them and they went to go after him and actually Barnes stopped them.

He shot the wife. Yep. Manny was found dead near the entrance of this village. It was clearly correct that it was under control of the Vietcong.  Charlie Sheen wasnt exactly an angel either in that village. And Sheen didnt have the right to kill Barnes. 

All in all a war that completely ****ed peoples minds up. Excellently portrayed by Stone & FFC in Apocalypse Now.

I suppose, all in all, no one comes out of war with clean hands.