Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think at this point we all know that Robbie Neilson does not tell the truth to the press. I tend to think he maybe uses the press as some kind of mind games, or just enjoys taking the piss out of the journalists who know **** all about things behind closed doors. Not sure what it is but there’s definitely a pattern of him saying false things to the press 

Indeed. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

For me, *if* he signs that pre with rangers he can't kick a ball for us again.

It's far from just being petty. Another poster described it as making professional sense. It is our bargaining chip to force a sale through in Jan for a fee we are happy with.

Or we need the balls to stick with it and put him on leave.

Theoretically the contract could be taken Off the table as it's only an agreement to enter into a contract later.

Which is perhaps another reason he shouldn't play. Would he fully be in it knowing he could tempt another big injury before sealing his deal?

Yeah think it's best if he goes now, we would probably all have that question in our head if he is really trying.

28 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think at this point we all know that Robbie Neilson does not tell the truth to the press. I tend to think he maybe uses the press as some kind of mind games, or just enjoys taking the piss out of the journalists who know **** all about things behind closed doors. Not sure what it is but there’s definitely a pattern of him saying false things to the press 

Puts us in a pretty poor bargaining position if RN said something along the lines of - if he’s not committed I’d rather he left now. He kind of has to say he’s happy to keep him ‘till the summer. Whether it’s true or not. 

Pre contracts should not be allowed within the same league. If he signs a pc with rangers he should be on the bench at best. We are not here to keep players fit for rangers or anybody else.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Give him the last 10 mins at auchinleck so he is cup tied.

Definitely get him cup tied as we could end up playing them at some point. The last minute of extra time would send a message and rub it in.

Bit disappointed that Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa TM haven't shown any interest in him.  They've offered Dundee United £800,000 for Kerr Smith, a 17 year old who has hardly made any appearances for the club.

Souttar is already twice the player, and seems to be getting back to his best.  The injuries are a concern, but teams like that can afford to sign one or two players that don't work out, and the money involved would be minimal!

HeartsandonlyHearts
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I would rather have him stay and play. 

Last game of the season

Newco v Hearts

Motherwell v Celtic

League Standings

Newco 81 points.             +35

Celtic.  80 points.             +34

Hearts 60 points.              +18

Motherwell 58 points.      +17

🤔 to Souttar or not Souttar? 🤔

A player with three serious injuries behind him won’t extend or push himself having signed a pre contract whilst remaining at the club. Too risky. Cup tie him and sit him on the bench in case required as a last resort.

We need to build a team not keep players warm for a competitor 

8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If he really does sign for that mob. I will abuse the loser for every single minute he's on the pitch in maroon.

Amen.

best in the land
12 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If he really does sign for that mob. I will abuse the loser for every single minute he's on the pitch in maroon.

100%

27 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Last game of the season

Newco v Hearts

Motherwell v Celtic

League Standings

Newco 81 points.             +35

Celtic.  80 points.             +34

Hearts 60 points.              +18

Motherwell 58 points.      +17

🤔 to Souttar or not Souttar? 🤔

Can always miss the last couple of games.

24 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

A player with three serious injuries behind him won’t extend or push himself having signed a pre contract whilst remaining at the club. Too risky. Cup tie him and sit him on the bench in case required as a last resort.

We need to build a team not keep players warm for a competitor 

Agree 100%

HEARTS FOREVER

After listening to Neilson on the podcast yesterday, he said it will take crazy money for Souttar to go in this window.

If he goes this month, I'll be expecting crazy money.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

What if he plays as well as he has done all season for the last 6 months of his deal? Not outwith the realms of possibility for a professional to do their job, especially a guy of Souttar's professionalism and character. Play him until the performances drop off.

2 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

What if he plays as well as he has done all season for the last 6 months of his deal? Not outwith the realms of possibility for a professional to do their job, especially a guy of Souttar's professionalism and character. Play him until the performances drop off.

Souttar has had injuries and bad ones. His mental side might leave him to dip out of challenges with Champions League games for Rangers in mind. Get him out by transfer or in the stand. He has no interest in our progress on the field. He cannot stand in the way of his replacement. 

5 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Why would you want to play someone that does not want to be there?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Souttar has had injuries and bad ones. His mental side might leave him to dip out of challenges with Champions League games for Rangers in mind. Get him out by transfer or in the stand. He has no interest in our progress on the field. He cannot stand in the way of his replacement. 

Don't think that's true based on what I know about the guy. He's a high-character individual and great ambassador for the club off the park. With the position we're in we need to be playing our best squad possible at all points, and as far as I'm concerned that includes Souttar until he shows otherwise.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Why would you want to play someone that does not want to be there?

Not as black and white as not wanting to be here. It's possible he's loved his time at Hearts but Rangers offer things we can't (better wages, champions league, more trophies etc.) He's a great player so I'd want to play him if he gives the best chance of winning games

Walter Bishop

If we take 400k for him now then it’s a joke. We will always be in the same position, never any better. Joe Savage wants to win leagues? No chance with this mentality. 

Souttar has to be made to rot in the reserves, unless we get 7 figures. 

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Pre contracts should not be allowed within the same league. If he signs a pc with rangers he should be on the bench at best. We are not here to keep players fit for rangers or anybody else.

Spot on!

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Not as black and white as not wanting to be here. It's possible he's loved his time at Hearts but Rangers offer things we can't (better wages, champions league, more trophies etc.) He's a great player so I'd want to play him if he gives the best chance of winning games

he’s passed a medical and signed so feck him he will only keep someone who wants to play for us out the team . Let’s see if Nielson has the bottle to drop him , he didn’t give a toss about us so get him to feck ,Hope his arse is never off their bench cos he’s not that good 

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

OK, Agree to disagree then.

I do not think it would be in our interest to play him as he doesnt want to be here, there will be a big portion of the support giving him abuse for this (myself included), he will be worried about another injury, he could be standing in the way of a replacement and why should we keep him cosy till his move across the M8?

Let him rot in the stands.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

"decent club"... Stoke, Blackburn?

It's not like it's arsenal, Chelsea or even a Everton / Southampton type club are after him. 

It's shitey, or at best yo - yo clubs. 

How are they decent and how is joining a team that can win leagues, trophies and play in Europe lacking ambition over promotion and relegation fights. 

Staying with us would show more ambition than joining these shitey no mark clubs. 

Is that the time already...

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

OK, Agree to disagree then.

I do not think it would be in our interest to play him as he doesnt want to be here, there will be a big portion of the support giving him abuse for this (myself included), he will be worried about another injury, he could be standing in the way of a replacement and why should we keep him cosy till his move across the M8?

Let him rot in the stands.

Agree with you if it is the case that this affects his performances (which let's be honest you'd be surprised if it doesn't), but if he keeps performing at a high level then I've no problem with playing him. Every decision should be about what's best for Hearts winning games 👍

Hate is a word I refrain from using but I have intense dislike for Sevco more than any other club, hence my disappointment  in Soutar choosing to sign for them. Their arrogance and hypocrisy knows no bounds. One of the headlines in the media today from their CEO. ----Nathan Paterson transfer gives credibility to demand huge transfer fees for any pf their players. You just know they will try and get Souttar on the cheap. Horrible institution

HeartsandonlyHearts
16 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

If we take 400k for him now then it’s a joke. We will always be in the same position, never any better. Joe Savage wants to win leagues? No chance with this mentality. 

Souttar has to be made to rot in the reserves, unless we get 7 figures. 

We’re not getting 7 figures if it’s Newco he signs with.

Promotion chasing championship team? Maybe. They may think he could be the difference. But Newco? No way.

He simply can’t pull on a maroon jersey again.  Not fussed if he leaves now or in the summer but he should not be considered for the Hearts first team if he signs a pre contract with that scum.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Big Scotland games coming up and he won't be in the squad if he ain't playing club football,  just saying 

We do whats best for Hearts, not sevco or the national team 

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

We’re not getting 7 figures if it’s Newco he signs with.

Promotion chasing championship team? Maybe. They may think he could be the difference. But Newco? No way.

I doubt any club would pay more than £400-500k for him at this stage of his contract 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

We do whats best for Hearts, not sevco or the national team 

No arguments here . If they offer us peanuts we keep him, play him and if his form dips we drop him and he loses his place in the National just as he was establishing himself.

That all 

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

"Why is the Jock the Jambo costume on my peg?"

Shut up yer selling macaroon bars at half time bigshot.

The Souttar-TheRangers smarts but let's be honest, in April we weren't sure he would be near the player he used to be and gambled. If he had been shite we would have released him, his stock never been higher so he is looking after himself 

Oh and F##k TheRangers 

Edited by Bozi

On 13/01/2022 at 10:48, JackLadd said:

Because with their Goldson situ they need him now stupid. They can keep their 200k. Hearts should not be in the business of helping them at our own expense even if Souttar is on their pre contract.

no need for the personal insults pal.

Almost gone and soon forgotten.

Hearts have seen him through some terrible injuries,  and his choice is understandable and predictable and I look forward to seeing him pecching out his backside as our new speedy centreforward streaks away for the winning goal.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)