Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Has anyone sussed exactly what Rangers are playing at with the signing of Ramsay? Cannot for the life of me think why they've taken him... Did they need a headline signing? Is the Patterson money being kept in a suitcase because they still don't have a bank account and they feel it must be splurged? Surely if they'd just paid up for Souttar the huns would've been happy enough?

I think its a case of when a incredible player (relative to your level) becomes available to sign, you sign them.

But also remember that winning the Premiership this year automatically puts you into the group stage of the Champions League, so a big windfall of that. If, as I have said mentioned here, effectively playing £2m in wages for the rest of the season, they will make over ten times that back in the champions league. So worth the gamble.

Though then again it also makes no sense when your defence has had problems recently, to be cheap on paying the needed money to get a player who is coming to you in six months, who is an experienced Premiership centre back and a Scotland international. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Walter Bishop
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think its a case of when a incredible player (relative to your level) becomes available to sign, you sign them.

But also remember that winning the Premiership this year automatically puts you into the group stage of the Champions League, so a big windfall of that. If, as I have said mentioned here, effectively playing £2m in wages for the rest of the season, they will make over ten times that back in the champions league. So worth the gamble.

Though then again it also makes no sense when your defence has had problems recently, to be cheap on paying the needed money to get a player who is coming to you in six months, who is an experienced Premiership centre back and a Scotland international. 

Also if rumours are to be believed they are on verge of signing another centre half, Doekhi?

Souttar looking more and more like they want/see him as back up. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Roy Keane, Freddie Ljungberg, Tore Andre Flo, Ian Wright, Joey Barton...

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I guess you are right - I think I'm right to say that second has to play qualifiers and SPL winners don't? I realise that Hagi is injured and Ramsay is potentially a better replacement but it could take 4-6 weeks to settle him into the side as he hasn't kicked a ball since September...How many great players have the OF brought to Scotland only for them to be underwhelming compared to the less heralded players already here?

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Has anyone sussed exactly what Rangers are playing at with the signing of Ramsay? Cannot for the life of me think why they've taken him... Did they need a headline signing? Is the Patterson money being kept in a suitcase because they still don't have a bank account and they feel it must be splurged? Surely if they'd just paid up for Souttar the huns would've been happy enough?

think they just bet the house on red. really hope Celtic do them and they go tits up again.

The bid was £500,000 a lot better than the first initial bid. Still time to sort it out. £650,000 John is gone. might turn out John is still our player tomorrow. We can then move ahead play him V Them. Right ? 

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I guess you are right - I think I'm right to say that second has to play qualifiers and SPL winners don't? I realise that Hagi is injured and Ramsay is potentially a better replacement but it could take 4-6 weeks to settle him into the side as he hasn't kicked a ball since September...How many great players have the OF brought to Scotland only for them to be underwhelming compared to the less heralded players already here?

Help him get fit to potentially face Scotland to decide who qualifies for the WC?  Hopefully someone snaps him.

One of the reasons we fans have contributed over £13 million to the club is so that we don’t have to go to anyone with the begging bowl anymore. I would switch the phone off and leave a recorded message saying “If you are from The Rangers and are enquiring about John Souttar you can bolt. Anyone else please leave a message and we will get back to you” 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

The bid was £500,000 a lot better than the first initial bid. Still time to sort it out. £650,000 John is gone. might turn out John is still our player tomorrow. We can then move ahead play him V Them. Right ? 

we should tell them to bolt now. Set a precedent.  They think they can somehow bully us out of the player.. 

our board could buy and sell theirs. 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

think they just bet the house on red. really hope Celtic do them and they go tits up again.

Come on now. Let’s not forget how much those hopped ****s have screwed us. 

I’m all for the huns going tits up but hoping Celtic win something 🤮 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we should tell them to bolt now. Set a precedent.  They think they can somehow bully us out of the player.. 

our board could buy and sell theirs. 

Should put this to rest last Summer, i see it as the previous regimes fault. Rotten. I would enjoy it if John remained with Us till the end of the season. Give him a proper send off, hopeful with a Cup Winners medal along with much acclaim. That would sort it all out, if he isn't away at 22:59.

Your final point nails something else, we are in a far better financial footing than most of our peers.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Come on now. Let’s not forget how much those hopped ****s have screwed us. 

I’m all for the huns going tits up but hoping Celtic win something 🤮 

Agreed.

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m absolutely baffled by it tbh. No idea what to expect either. One minute he’s got a transfer to Italy on 400k a week and a couple of season and 50 games or so later he’s pitched up at Ibrox to help them win a league they were winning anyway. Is he going to be constantly injured? Who knows. Right up until he signed I thought it’s wasn’t going to happen.  

Its clear they are currently on the downward slope whilst Celtic are going up, this is simply a statement signing to galvanise the fans and squad ahead of a crucial few weeks.  

He could be absolutely incredible or he could be terrible.

For me its got all the hallmarks of a disaster though, Joey Barton, Roy Keane, Robbie Keane vibes all over it. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

So we are back to page one of this thread.

Utterly alienated the support? Not be seen off with any sort of reverence. They only wanted him to weaken us. And so on. Thanks for encapsulating half of 110 pages in one post.

Play his part in beating Hibs tomorrow and he won't be short of reverence. And more 

If he plays a part in a win at Ibrox.

He could score the winners and he will still be a Tory Hun *****. 
Hes had some awful performances down at ER and not won yet, if he still here let’s hope he and the manager are celebrating their first victory there. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Midnight in Scotland 

11pm England 

SFA open until whenever required for the uglies, took the batteries out the clocks. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

SFA open until whenever required for the uglies, took the batteries out the clocks. 

Night watchman has forms, 2 pens and an SFA stamp in his piece box. 

Hard to comprehend the arrogance of the Huns arguing over £100 or £150K for Souttar's fee. Anyone who watched their defence against Ross County would fancy Celtic to pump them on Wednesday night. I for one would piss myself if this happens. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Put them back in the dildos

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rangers just announced Ramsey and there was 2 shirts hanging in the dressing room suggests a double signing

Edited by Factuer Moi

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rangers just announced Ramsey and there was 2 shirts hanging in the dressing room suggests a double signing

They signed another earlier on

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

That'll do for me tonight.

Ramsey was wearing a shirt and holding a shirt in his unveiling photos.

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Saying that i just heard something , £750,000

We told them to get it done by tea time or bolt did we not. Can’t believe we’ll do it now unless we have a replacement a phone call away

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We told them to get it done by tea time or bolt did we not 

Eh? Don't think it is like that, the deadline is there for a reason. If we have said that then fair enough, not sure that is a fact though.  saying that, the time stamp suggests you may well be correct, we will see.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Just now, Factuer Moi said:

Eh? Don't think it is like that, the deadline is there for a reason. If we have said that then fair enough, not sure that is a fact though. 

Came from a decent journo. Where did £750k come from ?

kingantti1874
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Came from a decent journo. Where did £750k come from ?

I read it as well, don’t think it was hard and fast

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

£750k would be a win.. however as other have said would leave us a bit short now with Halkett out. 

Robbie said, have to be ready. that we might be signing someone at the last minute if a Fee was accepted by Us for John this evening.

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

They’ve just signed another centre back.

Who ? Rangers ? They’ve signed a Polish wing back. Haven’t heard of a centre half as yet

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

Robbie said, have to be ready. that we might be signing someone at the last minute if a Fee was accepted by Us for John this evening.

Link please ?

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Who ? Rangers ? They’ve signed a Polish wing back. Haven’t heard if a centre half as yet

Ah I thought he was a centre back. The fact they have 4 centre backs I doubt Souttar will be away, especially now 

If Rangers were trying to sign Souttar from an English Championship club before the window closes they would not be pissing about and haggling over £100,000. They would pony up the money and get their man. 

They are trying it on because they are dealing with another Scottish club. We are 'a diddy team' and should bend over and take it dry from them. Because that is our place in the world. Or so they think. 

It's stuff like this that causes the extreme level of hatred I harbour for that club. 

Souttar can stay. If he plays well till the end of the season then great. If he doesn't then we have Sibbick. The good ship Heart of Midlothian will not be torpedoed one way or the other. 

8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Ah I thought he was a centre back. The fact they have 4 centre backs I doubt Souttar will be away, especially now 

Yeah the polish player is a back up right back. Champions league is what they are aiming for and some extra money would help them makes this better odds

Fort Vallance
22 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Hard to comprehend the arrogance of the Huns arguing over £100 or £150K for Souttar's fee. Anyone who watched their defence against Ross County would fancy Celtic to pump them on Wednesday night. I for one would piss myself if this happens. 

I would expect that we told them any offer was cash now. It's entirely possible they don't have the cash to up their bid. 

1 hour ago, Factuer Moi said:

Where are you getting this info?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Souttar knows what he signed up to now.

Dance with the devil and all that.

I wonder if he will even end up at Rangers now in the summer 🤔

22 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I would expect that we told them any offer was cash now. It's entirely possible they don't have the cash to up their bid. 

They just signed Aaron Ramsey plus the money the got for their young right back. They have the money they just want their cake and more. 

Think it’s only a matter of time now Sevco had thrown in 4 x Family passes to Blackpool pleasure Beach and a high tea  for 2 at Dalmahoy to the deal 🙈