Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not doubting you but do you know where the cheering came from? I didn’t hear it. 

i can 100% confirm that folk cheered when he missed. And it wasnt from the Saints fans. I sat low down in the Wheatfield, section D. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

A very good post.

The captain and manager SAID that it would not impact - but they would say that.

I do laugh when posters tell others to "grow up". If we grew up we wouldn't feel so strongly about men (or women) kicking a bit of leather between bits of stick.

Football is tribal and we are not very rational when it comes to our "tribe" - so we should try not to name call others in our support.

As someone who's told folk to grow up you've put that very well 

Absolute Scenes

Funniest part of the game - folk calling Souttar a hun barsteward, telling him to eff off to Rangers, Rangers **** etc - then same folk start singing Gorgie billy boys songs. Think an IQ test should be mandatory as well as negative LFT to enter games

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i can 100% confirm that folk cheered when he missed. And it wasnt from the Saints fans. I sat low down in the Wheatfield, section D. 

Section n lower cheered as well

I would say the vast majority of Hearts fans are pissed off with Souttar. And the vast majority of them didn’t boo because it’s not their style. What I couldn’t get is how some supporters clapped him so enthusiastically, such as the wee pocket of fans along from where I was sitting. For the life of me I cannot understand why. For whatever reason and however you dress it up, such as Levein’s pathetic spin, Souttar and his agent have plotted to shaft Hearts. That is incontestable. I might to necessarily like the booing but to applaud him is beyond the pale. As soon as he is out the door the better for everyone him included.

lost in space
10 minutes ago, Hesh said:

As someone who's told folk to grow up you've put that very well 

Oh dear, have I? You must pay more attention to my posts than I do.

I must have been very unhappy with my fellow tribe members at that time.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Didn't do them much good did it? Maybe something to encourage? 

It helped kill the atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Are you a rangers fan? Because if you are you are in no place to judge.. how much animosity was thrown at players you “expected” to stay and play in div 3 😂

having just been stiffed on their wages iirc?

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not doubting you but do you know where the cheering came from? I didn’t hear it. 

Yeah I heard it too, around me in Lowe section p next to n. 

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Funniest part of the game - folk calling Souttar a hun barsteward, telling him to eff off to Rangers, Rangers **** etc - then same folk start singing Gorgie billy boys songs. Think an IQ test should be mandatory as well as negative LFT to enter games

LFT = lunatic fringe test?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

I would say the vast majority of Hearts fans are pissed off with Souttar. And the vast majority of them didn’t boo because it’s not their style. What I couldn’t get is how some supporters clapped him so enthusiastically, such as the wee pocket of fans along from where I was sitting. For the life of me I cannot understand why. For whatever reason and however you dress it up, such as Levein’s pathetic spin, Souttar and his agent have plotted to shaft Hearts. That is incontestable. I might to necessarily like the booing but to applaud him is beyond the pale. As soon as he is out the door the better for everyone him included.

Well said. 

9 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

The clapping was clearly to counter act the booing. It was in no way a well done for joining Rangers but a we are not all arseholes

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Do you normally applaud things you don't like?

Personally I don't think that is normal but hey that's just me.

You have read my (and other) explanations regarding the clapping ?

Probably a stupid question I know but , if you have , your post makes no sense .

Unfortunately its not just you 

Byyy The Light
13 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

Exactly where I am. Didn’t boo but felt more inclined to when folk were clapping him. Think he’s acted very poorly and best for everyone he leaves asap.  Disappointing as he’s a great player. 

No clapping for all the guys who signed new deals I noticed.

15 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

I imagine they were just trying to counter the booing as opposed to clapping him for signing a pre-contract to move to Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Just watched the highlights where they said he has deserved his move, as moving to Rangers was the big prize everybody wants.

I’m sure a few of his teammates would love to sign pre-contracts for bigger teams with more money. 

While I'm at it. What did the booing for most of the match do that the large boo at the start of the match didn't ??

We are still angry, and we are still angry and we are still angry, and now, and still.

I think the point was made in the first minutes, it was just like a bunch of half wits repeating themselves for 90 mins

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The clapping was clearly to counter act the booing. It was in no way a well done for joining Rangers but a we are not all arseholes

So clapping to condone the behaviours of those booing not their reason, is a bit facetious in my view and maybe not quite knowing your own mind.

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Just watched the highlights where they said he has deserved his move, as moving to Rangers was the big prize everybody wants.

Succulent lamb. Where is Sir Minty these days?

Edited by Riccarton3

The Wrinkly Ninja
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

While I'm at it. What did the booing for most of the match do that the large boo at the start of the match didn't ??

We are still angry, and we are still angry and we are still angry, and now, and still.

I think the point was made in the first minutes, it was just like a bunch of half wits repeating themselves for 90 mins

Same could be asked of people who are still repeatedly posting about it.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

John Souttar Hearts booing left a bad taste and Rangers-bound defender showed class against St Johnstone despite vitriol

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/john-souttar-hearts-booing-left-22804347

Didn’t realise it was your job either to regulate these things? 

The Wrinkly Ninja
22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A more obvious example of if you can’t beat them join them you will struggle to find.

An arsehole behaviour-off if you like!

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

joondalupjambo

Watching the game last night, and the two camps with the boo'ers and the clappers it took my mind away back to the days of my youth and the two camps then.  Seith Must Go, Haggarts Hearts chants.  Ah those were the days when Hearts fans were split on something, oh wait.

InternationalJambo
23 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

John Souttar Hearts booing left a bad taste and Rangers-bound defender showed class against St Johnstone despite vitriol

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/john-souttar-hearts-booing-left-22804347

A few good points but you missed the context as to why it happened.  

Edited by InternationalJambo

Fire_At_The_Disco

He did ok last night, that’s all…….Does it make him less of a rat? No chance 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Posting about a player who has signed for one of your bitter rivals and missing that part out completely 

image.jpeg.fccc06ddd0c35b55ebbaae0a40552a82.jpeg

Booing your own players during a game

images.jpg

32 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

So it was both a minority of fans booing and thousands of fans booing. 

Make yer mind up😏

Time to put this to bed and concentrate on Saturday. 

I wouldn't dream of telling mods what to do but if it was up to me I'd suspend this thread until JS is finally away. 

We are going round in circles😴

Psychedelicropcircle

I didn’t bother with the booing or the clapping. Is there an arsehole sector for the fence sitters🧐

I've solved the problem. 

The boo boys continue booing Jo-Hun Souttar. 

The folk who think it's an absolute outrageous thing to do should simultaneously hiss at the boo-brigade. 

Perfecto. 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Time to put this to bed and concentrate on Saturday. 

I wouldn't dream of telling mods what to do but if it was up to me I'd suspend this thread until JS is finally away. 

We are going round in circles😴

I'm sure JS will get a few friendly cheers when he visits Ayrshire at the weekend 😉

Maybe all the supporters can boo along with the sellick fans next week.

Make up for their reduced allocation.

Until Souttar pulls on the rat top hes still wearing maroon.

Have a word with yourselves.

Ooo ooo I'm going to support Hearts and hope they win .

But I'm gonnae boo my best defender.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, bmeikle said:

Well that was a pile of pish lifted straight from here, are you really a journalist ? 

3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Well that was a pile of pish lifted straight from here, are you really a journalist ? 

That sites always been click bait shite 

On 18/01/2022 at 17:29, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In all likelihood Moore will be starting in the immediate term. For John to get back in the team will have to mean either an injury crisis, or Moore does absolutely shite. Moore is a £1.5m Championship CB so I just don’t see him being any significant downgrade on John at all. Get him bedded into our starting 11 and there’s absolutely zero circus. John just gets relegated to the squaddie role for the benefit of the team. Good preparation for his move as that’s what he’ll be at Rangers for the upcoming 4 years. Bit part player. If he’s the standard of the Rangers starting 11 it will be 4 titles in a row for Celtic that’s for sure. 

The price is what it is. Rangers can either pay it or they can leave their new player here. There’s no real negotiating to be done.

So it all boils down to the question, do Rangers care about the player, and want him to be an important player in their team this season?

If that’s the case then pay they will.

Or are they not bothered about him?

In that case he goes on a free at the end of the season. There’s no negotiation, it’s a binary choice the ball is entirely in Rangers court. 

I’m not convinced, reading everything that’s coming out of Tynecastle that we’re going to stop playing Souttar. Everything said so far suggests he will play until Rangers pay. And he’ll play for the rest of the season if they don’t.

There will be vitriol and boos, certainly if he plays tonight but it will subside and I reckon they’ve decided to take that initial reaction on the chin. 

Whilst Rangers have Goldson, they don’t need Souttar. They might well make a token offer but we’ll reject a token offer and we’ll keep playing him to the end IMO

Couldn’t make it last night as away on holiday. The booing seems to have been pretty minimal and I hope those doing it it got it out their system and that’s it done. We can’t have that going on for the rest of the season no matter how justified and reasonable a response it was.

Interesting to see if we cup tie him at the weekend. I imagine we won’t give it a second thought if he is still here. I still expect him to go before the window closes, especially after Rangers performance last night

8 hours ago, husref musemic said:

it is laughable. The difference being two years of uselessness whilst still being paid handsomely & family looked after.

The plebs in the real world's feet wouldn't touch the ground.

Well in my real world it worked. I was unfortunate enough to have fallen seriously ill a few years ago. Took over a year and a half for me to get well enough to go back to work. Never missed a paycheque. That is the difference between good companies and not so good ones. 

8 hours ago, Halliphax said:

I'm not bothered about the situation at hand but just wanted to point out that SSP is awful and is just under 100 quid a week and it's only paid for up to 28 (or so) weeks - so you're kinda proving yourself wrong in the context of the person you're replying too...

Either way, whenever I see SSP I'm obligated to point out the sorry state it's in, carry on lol

Fair enough man. I stand relatively corrected 😁

7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Decent employers will pay a lot more than statutory sick pay but don’t spoil it for the boo boys.

And yes, good employers will also have medical insurance for their employees.

I’d like to see how much of his wage we actually paid. Medical bills and partial wage would surely be covered i’d think.