Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

22 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Can’t deny that the reality is we need to build, that it takes time and that significantly more money is required but just look at some of the people involved at Hearts right now. Look at what the foundation has achieved. The potential is incredible and it’s there, waiting for someone to take a risk, grab a hold of it and change the status quo for good.

Rangers spent £100 million to get back to winning the league. One half decent season playing champions league football, hell one shite season playing Champions league football with some glamour ties, and it’s all been worth it.

But aside from money they have something that no amount of it can buy anyway and that’s the mentality that only winning is enough. Only being the best is enough. Your first or your last. Your Hearts or your Hibs. Your here for us or you get to ****. I want Hearts to have that mentality and that for me is the bones of this entire fiasco.

Nobody is gambling that money  on Hearts anytime soon, I’ll concede that and so the comparison ends there. But you’ve said your self we don’t need the buttons we’re going to get for souttar anyway. Why not take a cash hit and prove a point to us supporters that they “get it”.

Souttar is free to do what he wants, but show some stones and bench him for having the audacity to get us into such a scenario that our fans are now fighting each other over it. He has single handedly turned Tynie into a toxic cauldron for the wrong ****ing team.  Tell him he can’t leave but he won’t be playing football with us because he’s pissed us off and we don’t take that at Hearts. That’s not the reality, I’m aware, I’d be surprised if it ever is because we’re talking about real people, who know each another and have real relationships with one another. But, for me personally, I would love to see my club stop being so sensible and business minded and respectful and show me that they are so entrenched in this club that common sense and business acumen sometimes get lost in the heat of the moment. I’m personally sick of the stepping stone mentality we foster as a club and as much as I rate souttar and always have, since when did he become this league topping, soon to be cup winning icon that he’s being made out to be? The guys been on the bench for about 1/3 of his time with us and has always had a total calamity moment in him since the day he arrived.

On your last point we’re all just aggressively debating a subject we’re passionate about. Long as nobody is being a condescending, insulting ring piece (not directed at you) it’s all constructive. 👍🏻

That’s me some enough typing for JKB for another 2/3 months, so I’ll be disappearing until the next cluster**** comes out. 

Yeah, another good post Squirt. As another poster said - fans are LOYAL, players are not. It's why emotions run high - How could he do that to US... with THEM! We give to the club without blinking - STs, merch, FOH etc. etc... it's what a fan (of Hearts) does. Sometimes, as you say, you just wish the board did something with their 'fan' hat on... and not so much their business hat.

Booing is about all a fan can do to show their dissatisfaction. I don't like it and didn't like it last night... but it's football, we shout, swear, sing and some boo.. it's their prerogative as a fan. It doesn't help the team, however... which is why I wish he was kept away from the senior squad. He's made his bed and (at least for me) didn't show much humility towards us as fans or the club in doing so... so here we are in the middle of a JKB bun fight again. Hopefully sevco will pay up 🙄 and he can move on to his new club... and we can get back to fighting about something else.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
58 minutes ago, Macmill said:

I really don't get the animosity served up to John Souttar following his signing with Rangers. If you are not happy with him moving to a rival club wait until he is wearing their colours and then vent your feelings. While he is in maroon he deserves your support particularly if he is putting in and giving his all. He has been a fine player and a good servant to the club and deserves the opportunity to move on. Don't forget it is the club and the colours that you love support not the individual. You do no credit to the club or the team by booing a player representing you. 

Are you a rangers fan? Because if you are you are in no place to judge.. how much animosity was thrown at players you “expected” to stay and play in div 3 😂

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Are you a rangers fan? Because if you are you are in no place to judge.. how much animosity was thrown at players you “expected” to stay and play in div 3 😂

I thought they didn’t do walking away?

1 hour ago, Macmill said:

I really don't get the animosity served up to John Souttar following his signing with Rangers. If you are not happy with him moving to a rival club wait until he is wearing their colours and then vent your feelings. While he is in maroon he deserves your support particularly if he is putting in and giving his all. He has been a fine player and a good servant to the club and deserves the opportunity to move on. Don't forget it is the club and the colours that you love support not the individual. You do no credit to the club or the team by booing a player representing you. 

How upset were you when old rangers signed Mo Johnston ?

Edited by GinRummy

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was mostly section N, although I did boo him before and after. I might be an idiot but I would put my IQ against anyone on here. 

Someone with a high IQ would know that the original definition of an idiot was someone with an IQ of less than 25 😁

Was very tame as far as the boo's clapping is concerned, i thought John had his usual solid preformance. I feel a lot better after last nights game,

40 years ago John would of shat his pants at the thought of the fans reaction, these days it is all very polite.

Edited by Factuer Moi

The Wrinkly Ninja

Folk with nothing better to do than to be vicariously embarrassed on behalf of other people while sticking the boot into the same Hearts fans, while calling them names and appointing themselves as the person who decides on behalf of the club and all other hearts fans that these people should **** off. Weird. 

A collective gross over exaggeration of the impact of some people saying booo in a football stadium.

Our captain and manager both don’t think it will impact results or affect John Soutter and at the same time those that want to display that they are upset are able to do so and people on here are still trying to invent ways that it is causing more harm than it did, or does, or will.

The weirdest part is the constant name calling of other hearts fans and the repeated use of terms inferring that others should grow up. They doth protest too much.

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Someone with a high IQ would know that the original definition of an idiot was someone with an IQ of less than 25 😁

I didn’t say it was high, just ok compared to those on here 😜

So, do we keep booing him every game, or has the point been made?

If he's still with us after January, we cannot keep booing his every touch for the rest of the season. 

BTW special mention to the people who were still booing him in 90th minute! Some dedication 😄

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If he's still with us after January, we cannot keep booing his every touch for the rest of the season. 

BTW special mention to the people who were still booing him in 90th minute! Some dedication 😄

It’ll just sort of phase itself out the more games he plays. Away games maybe a bit different. He won’t be the focus he was yesterday next Wednesday. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’ll just sort of phase itself out the more games he plays. Away games maybe a bit different. He won’t be the focus he was yesterday next Wednesday. 

Yeah I agree, it faded as the hand wore on. 
Away games are the more diehard fans and I would expect them to roundjy boo him, especially if he plays when we got to Ibrox 🤦🏽.

lost in space
5 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Folk with nothing better to do than to be vicariously embarrassed on behalf of other people while sticking the boot into the same Hearts fans, call them names and appoint themselves as the person who decides on behalf of the club and all other hearts fans that these people should **** off. Weird. 

A collective gross over exaggeration of the impact of some people saying booo in a football stadium.

Our captain and manager both don’t think it will impact results or affect John Soutter and at the same time those that want to display that they are upset are able to do so and people on here are still trying to invent ways that it is causing more harm than it did, or does, or will.

The weirdest part is the constant name calling of other hearts fans and the repeated use of terms inferring that others should grow up. They doth protest too much.

A very good post.

The captain and manager SAID that it would not impact - but they would say that.

I do laugh when posters tell others to "grow up". If we grew up we wouldn't feel so strongly about men (or women) kicking a bit of leather between bits of stick.

Football is tribal and we are not very rational when it comes to our "tribe" - so we should try not to name call others in our support.

Pasquale for King

I imagine he was on the penalties last night, I’ve hardly seen him break into the box like he did and was brought down. Not sure how him taking it, scoring and celebrating would’ve  helped or hindered things. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

A very good post.

The captain and manager SAID that it would not impact - but they would say that.

I do laugh when posters tell others to "grow up". If we grew up we wouldn't feel so strongly about men (or women) kicking a bit of leather between bits of stick.

Football is tribal and we are not very rational when it comes to our "tribe" - so we should try not to name call others in our support.

It’s like the tribal nature of things surprises them, or maybe they feel its beneath them and just for us plebs, as they sit in their padded seats up beside Ann and the other real fans clapping away. 

Surely Neilson brings in a replacement this month. Souttar can go play keepy uppy in his garden or some other activity on a Saturday. 

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Next Wednesday the boos will be focused on John from the away support, a different type of booing though.I will be clapping John. Yep twisted from calling him Dopey a few days ago. You are also correct in saying the boos will ease off over a few games, like my rage it has eased down to back to normal levels. I just wanted to see him play in a  Hearts shirt, see if he is commited dedicated to Us right now he sailed it in my opinion, he gets my suppoort untill he ****s off to the dark side

Edited by Factuer Moi

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah you're right but I don't think Rangers will pay that sort of money for him now. They will get him on a free in the summer they also might think they have enough at Ibrox now to get the title over the line and will happily wait until the summer for him, Which means he will be playing for us every week. If he is giving 100% and we finish 3rd and win the Scottish cup I would not be bothered in the slightest. 

I don't think we will accept anything less of 500k what will £100k to do us nothing really If we don't get the 500k they want then he will be with us till then end I think. 

I'd like to think we're playing hard ball and saying while he's our player we'll play him as we see fit, including cup games, so come up with the money now if you want him early or we'll play him till the end of the season. Fans getting on his back and booing doesn't help that scenario.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Next Wednesday the boos will be focused on John from the away support, a different type of booing though.I will be clapping John. Yep twisted from calling him Dopey a few days ago. Yo uare also correct in saying the boos will ease off over a few games, like my rage it ihas eased down to back to normal levels. I just wanted to see him play ian Hearts shirt, see if he is commited dedicated to Us right now he sailed it in my opinion, he gets my suppoort untill he ****s off the the dark side

It will be hugely interesting to see how the boo-ing fans in our support react when the smelly brigade boo him, as they surely will next week.

Can't see any of our fans joining in with the boos then.

Playing against Celtic may actually work well for Souttar.

1 hour ago, Macmill said:

He has signed a pre contract, with a rival team, during the transfer window for 1 reason and 1 reason only, to try and force hearts hand and sell him for next to nothing. He could have waited until the end of the season or signed the pre contract and asked rangers not to announce it and nobody would have cared. Instead, he's put hearts and himself in a horrible position.

He shouldn't play another game if he doesn't want to be here. All the booing is on him and him alone. The weird thing is clapping a player who has tried to mug off the club, not the ones showing their displeasure with it.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

It will be hugely interesting to see how the boo-ing fans in our support react when the smelly brigade boo him, as they surely will next week.

Some clapping will break out, probably 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Tony Soprano said:

He has signed a pre contract, with a rival team, during the transfer window for 1 reason and 1 reason only, to try and force hearts hand and sell him for next to nothing. He could have waited until the end of the season or signed the pre contract and asked rangers not to announce it and nobody would have cared. Instead, he's put hearts and himself in a horrible position.

He shouldn't play another game if he doesn't want to be here. All the booing is on him and him alone. The weird thing is clapping a player who has tried to mug off the club, not the ones showing their displeasure with it.

Yep, totally agree with this.

Honestly not sure whether I agree with booing a player leaving or not, certainly believe that if you want to then you should do.

Thing I don't get is though, is that we've heard down the years that getting a home crowd on their sides back is one hell of a motivational tool for opposition teams. Why would we give the opposition that slight advantage straight form the kick off ? I know folk will say they're not booing Hearts, just the individual but home fans deliberately creating a negative atmosphere in their own stadium just seems nuts to me. Teams hate coming to Tynie again, RL has said time and time again that the fans make a difference, yet there's a section that want to undermine this for the sake of one player.

Like I say, each to their own, I just don;t get it I suppose.

38 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I don't mind clapping, it is normal behaviour when something good happens. Booing takes a lot more effort, especially if you smoke. The strength of the booing tells a story. Last nights booing was powder puff. Clapping was more refined as a protest against the booing. Hand claps won that event, only have to listen to the end of the game. Easy victory for all, the booers will need to get a foundation together to have a chance at winning that competition. Souttar needs to watch as the Tic minded match officials might take the huff and red him at the first available opportunity

Edited by Factuer Moi

That should be it done now. Can’t be booing him vs Celtic of hibs. I’d imagine they would join in and stuff having some sort of hating souttar love in with them lot

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JMuir94 said:

That should be it done now. Can’t be booing him vs Celtic of hibs. I’d imagine they would join in and stuff having some sort of hating souttar love in with them lot

Like a Mexican wave of booing 🤣

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, meister said:

Honestly not sure whether I agree with booing a player leaving or not, certainly believe that if you want to then you should do.

Thing I don't get is though, is that we've heard down the years that getting a home crowd on their sides back is one hell of a motivational tool for opposition teams. Why would we give the opposition that slight advantage straight form the kick off ? I know folk will say they're not booing Hearts, just the individual but home fans deliberately creating a negative atmosphere in their own stadium just seems nuts to me. Teams hate coming to Tynie again, RL has said time and time again that the fans make a difference, yet there's a section that want to undermine this for the sake of one player.

Like I say, each to their own, I just don;t get it I suppose.

It was clear as day that ST J stood off him at the start so he would get the ball and the boos. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was clear as day that ST J stood off him at the start so he would get the ball and the boos. 

After a few chats with people that was the exact plan, give John the ball first chance. Get the reaction and move on, John felt the initial feelings , steadied himself into the game. I respect him for doing his job, also having the strength of character to step out onto the park. He changed my mind on many thoughts i had over the last days.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

After a few chats with people that was the exact plan, give John the ball first chance. Get the reaction and move on, John felt the initial feelings , steadied himself into the game. I respect him for doing his job, also having the strength of charactor to step out onto the park. He changed my mind on many thoughts i had over the last days.

I’ve not, he’s a Hun *****, he’s disrespected us, **** him. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve not, he’s a Hun *****, he’s disrespected us, **** him. 

That as well

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

All fair enough, I was the same with Bannon and RC.

The atmosphere was poor last night, considering where we are and even after going two nil up there was very few songs emanating from Section N, just boos. That’s on JS nobody else. 
The happy clappers might’ve been better starting some songs instead. I tried but as loud as I am i was fighting a losing battle. That can’t be allowed to happen for the rest of the season. 

Did you try There's only one John Soutter?

Would have contributed to the pantomime. Oh no there's not ..

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

St J sat of all  of our side at the start. We had 80 per cent possession at one stage.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Did you try There's only one John Soutter?

Would have contributed to the pantomime. Oh no there's not ..

Why the **** would I want to sing that fat Tory Hun ***** name 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

St J sat of all  of our side at the start. We had 80 per cent possession at one stage.

I know you probably didn’t notice whilst you were happy clapping but they pressed the other defenders at the start and sat off the rat. 

the Hearts way
2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I thought last nights fans showing of disapproval then approval shown toward Souttar  was all very pantomime-ish.

very childish and slightly embarrassing imo 

What was embarrassing was Jimmy Sansdison, saying "Soutter taking one for the team" when he was booked 😳.  If he was for our team he wouldn't sign for our rival's.  Onwards and upwards.  

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know you probably didn’t notice whilst you were happy clapping but they pressed the other defenders at the start and sat off the rat. 

Didn't do them much good did it? Maybe something to encourage? 

I think that’s the first time in nearly 60 years of following Hearts that one of our own players was booed for virtually every touch. And you think you’ve seen and heard everything. 

It would be good if he scored a goal ( for us ) to see if that gets booed as well. 😄

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If Neilson doesn't select him for the cup game it will say something.  Not entirely sure what though.

I think Neilson will continue to play him as he will want to play his strongest eleven.  

As much as I can completely understand the anger and frustration at Soutter, booing one of our own players can only help the opposition. As long as the manager is selecting him to wear maroon then I believe that the best thing to do for Heart of Midlothian football club is to support the team.  Save the abuse until he's wearing blue.

1 hour ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Folk with nothing better to do than to be vicariously embarrassed on behalf of other people while sticking the boot into the same Hearts fans, while calling them names and appointing themselves as the person who decides on behalf of the club and all other hearts fans that these people should **** off. Weird. 

52FB2B7C-FC2C-42E7-AFB8-1259BADBF81B.gif

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

What was embarrassing was Jimmy Sansdison, saying "Soutter taking one for the team" when he was booked 😳.  If he was for our team he wouldn't sign for our rival's.  Onwards and upwards.  

Who was he playing for? Did a decent job for Hearts if he was playing for some other team.

south morocco
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that’s the first time in nearly 60 years of following Hearts that one of our own players was booed for virtually every touch. And you think you’ve seen and heard everything. 

It would be good if he scored a goal ( for us ) to see if that gets booed as well. 😄

He took a shot in the first half and folk cheered when he missed.🤦

2 minutes ago, south morocco said:

He took a shot in the first half and folk cheered when he missed.🤦

Not doubting you but do you know where the cheering came from? I didn’t hear it. 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Lower Section N will no doubt be engaging in their  "hello , hello "antics  when ra celtic come to town.  

No way will they join in the boos with them.. 

south morocco
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not doubting you but do you know where the cheering came from? I didn’t hear it. 

I watched on the laptop so couldn’t say. It was cringeworthy. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I heard it too. Was in the wheat field. More of an ironic cheer.