Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Booing Souttar while hes having a good game and season for the club you support.

images.jpg

Posting about a player who has signed for one of your bitter rivals and missing that part out completely 

image.jpeg.fccc06ddd0c35b55ebbaae0a40552a82.jpeg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, GinRummy said:

Posting about a player who has signed for one of your bitter rivals and missing that part out completely 

image.jpeg.fccc06ddd0c35b55ebbaae0a40552a82.jpeg

🤣

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How do you know?  Players turn their back on their clubs all the time and sign for other clubs, pre contracts or otherwise.  All players aren’t the same, some buy into a club they have no previous attachment to (like Skacel), others do not (like the boy we had on our bench who decided he secretly wanted to play for Hibs, his name escapes me but he was pish - left back?).

Because as I said I could name hundreds of players who weren’t Hearts supporters who didn’t just see it as another job. Zaliukas for instance. 
He’s was shit not pish, Fecal RearAss, I’m usually a good speller 😆

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I believe he’s had 3 ruptured Achilles’ tendons but I can’t remember if it was 2 with Hearts, 1 with Scotland or 1 at Dundee Utd, 1 at Hearts and 1 with Scotland while employed by Hearts?  I would imagine injuries with Scotland would have to be covered by some sort of insurance from the SFA.

The injury with Scotland was his hip, had the problem for months from a game at Celtic which they knew would go at some point. 
Both Achilles have went at some point, his brother at Stoke is injury prone also. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

I don’t get the sympathy for Souttar, he’s put himself in this position through his own choices.  Of course it makes sense for him to increase his wages and get a shot at champions league football, that’s not the issue.  He was in a pretty powerful position when agreeing a contract and could have stressed any agreement would depend on an immediate move.  It may have meant slightly less wages as Rangers would have had a transfer outlay, but it could have been done.

He’s been greedy, wants his cake and eat it.  **** him.

A good summary.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because as I said I could name hundreds of players who weren’t Hearts supporters who didn’t just see it as another job. Zaliukas for instance. 
He’s was shit not pish, Fecal RearAss, I’m usually a good speller 😆

I can’t disagree with that but there also many that are the complete opposite.  Football is an unusual profession but footballers still have to make life changing decisions from time to time (well the lucky ones that get the chance, not the ones at Cowdenbeath,etc).  They still have to make the best decisions to balance their financial well-being, family life, etc.  In that respect they are no different to anyone else.  It’s some fans that have an issue with this.

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The injury with Scotland was his hip, had the problem for months from a game at Celtic which they knew would go at some point. 
Both Achilles have went at some point, his brother at Stoke is injury prone also. 

👍

husref musemic
47 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Decent employers will pay a lot more than statutory sick pay but don’t spoil it for the boo boys.

And yes, good employers will also have medical insurance for their employees.

for two years ?

I really don't get the animosity served up to John Souttar following his signing with Rangers. If you are not happy with him moving to a rival club wait until he is wearing their colours and then vent your feelings. While he is in maroon he deserves your support particularly if he is putting in and giving his all. He has been a fine player and a good servant to the club and deserves the opportunity to move on. Don't forget it is the club and the colours that you love support not the individual. You do no credit to the club or the team by booing a player representing you. 

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

So they weren't clapping Souttar according to the other poster and they weren't clapping the booing according to you. What where they clapping then?

Serious question? As others have observed, the clapping wasn't "approval" of anything or anyone, it was just to negate Hearts fans boo-ing a Hearts player at Tynecastle. Seems fairly obvious.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

1 hour ago, ewaugh03 said:

Hope all the snowflakes have recovered from last night 

were you offended at souttar's presence in the team ?

how is booing your own player going to help the team, some people know nothing about football 

Well, that's been the crux of the argument over the last few pages.

Are the snowflakes the ones doing the booing or the ones offended by it ?

🤷‍♂️

Where that leaves the clappers is anyone's guess !

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah me too! Get the scottish cup out the road and hope he is away next week at some point. Make sure he is cup tied too for his move to Rangers. 

I also hope that he goes sooner rather than later but I want Hearts to get the full amount of cash (reported as £500,000) so wouldn't cup tying him just make that harder to get.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Decent employers will pay a lot more than statutory sick pay but don’t spoil it for the boo boys.

And yes, good employers will also have medical insurance for their employees.

Some only if you are fully vaccinated it would seem. 😍

58 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

I don’t get the sympathy for Souttar, he’s put himself in this position through his own choices.  Of course it makes sense for him to increase his wages and get a shot at champions league football, that’s not the issue.  He was in a pretty powerful position when agreeing a contract and could have stressed any agreement would depend on an immediate move.  It may have meant slightly less wages as Rangers would have had a transfer outlay, but it could have been done.

He’s been greedy, wants his cake and eat it.  **** him.

or even agree a pre contract but all parties agree not to announce until end of season

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I can’t disagree with that but there also many that are the complete opposite.  Football is an unusual profession but footballers still have to make life changing decisions from time to time (well the lucky ones that get the chance, not the ones at Cowdenbeath,etc).  They still have to make the best decisions to balance their financial well-being, family life, etc.  In that respect they are no different to anyone else.  It’s some fans that have an issue with this.

I don’t have an issue with that, just the way it was done. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

So to show their displeasure at people's actions they clapped that action? Even weirder imo.

Action-reaction . Quite normal I would have thought 

4 hours ago, Squirt said:

Of course.

Should I tell them they’re supporting the club wrong? That’ll be a disappointment. All that money and all those wasted years. 

Can I tell you that you’re doing it wrong? 

You probably just did and are perfectly entitled to your opinion.

In my opinion, booing your own players is counter-productive. That's all.

He had a decent game and we won which is the most important thing. He was shit when he moved to the middle, we need a big strong head everything type in there.

8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Serious question? As others have observed, the clapping wasn't "approval" of anything or anyone, it was just to negate the concept of Hearts fans boo-ing a Hearts player at Tynecastle. Seems fairly obvious.

It is obvious . Difficult to understand why people don't get it 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Macmill said:

I really don't get the animosity served up to John Souttar following his signing with Rangers. If you are not happy with him moving to a rival club wait until he is wearing their colours and then vent your feelings. While he is in maroon he deserves your support particularly if he is putting in and giving his all. He has been a fine player and a good servant to the club and deserves the opportunity to move on. Don't forget it is the club and the colours that you love support not the individual. You do no credit to the club or the team by booing a player representing you. 

Well said Ann. 
I didn’t realise you were in charge of this, could you not have told us how to act at the beginning of the thread. Did clapping keep your hands warm in your padded seat last night?

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Serious question? As others have observed, the clapping wasn't "approval" of anything or anyone, it was just to negate the concept of Hearts fans boo-ing a Hearts player at Tynecastle. Seems fairly obvious.

I must confess it's not fairly obvious to me, in fact it makes almost no sense to me whatsoever. Clapping nothing in order to negate a different concept wouldn't be the first thing that springs to my mind as an action someone would be taking I'll be honest.

As I said previously though, anyone bothered by anything about this needs to get a life. It's all just a bit of fun, and whilst I don't agree with it and find it odd I can at least nearly get my head around why someone would applaud Souttar if they were a big fan of his (or Rangers). Clapping nothing and nobody I can't get my head around. People are perfectly entitled to do it though.

2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Action-reaction . Quite normal I would have thought 

Do you normally applaud things you don't like?

Personally I don't think that is normal but hey that's just me.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

He had a decent game and we won which is the most important thing. He was shit when he moved to the middle, we need a big strong head everything type in there.

Yeah that’s been made clear this season, Halkett is by no means perfect but does that job well.
Not sure who’s going to do it for Souttar if he plays in a back four for Rangers 😱😂

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, copa-mundial said:

Has Craig Levein not popped his head up yet, saying how much of a scandal it was booing Souttar?

Be patient, he’s obviously run off his feet being DoF at Brechin 🤣

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that’s been made clear this season, Halkett is by no means perfect but does that job well.
Not sure who’s going to do it for Souttar if he plays in a back four for Rangers 😱😂

The only downside was him going off.

A vital cog in the machine.

Hope all is well.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Do you normally applaud things you don't like?

Personally I don't think that is normal but hey that's just me.

Not just you 👍🏽👏🏾😜

4 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Has Craig Levein not popped his head up yet, saying how much of a scandal it was booing Souttar?

Someone that can unite the fans....

Pasquale for King
Just now, Boab said:

The only downside was him going off.

A vital cog in the machine.

Hope all is well.

He’s had a few niggles this season, probably due to taking on the majority of the physicality from the ball playing CHs. Souttar trying to deal with Chris Kane was comical tbh 😄.

10 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I also hope that he goes sooner rather than later but I want Hearts to get the full amount of cash (reported as £500,000) so wouldn't cup tying him just make that harder to get.

Yeah you're right but I don't think Rangers will pay that sort of money for him now. They will get him on a free in the summer they also might think they have enough at Ibrox now to get the title over the line and will happily wait until the summer for him, Which means he will be playing for us every week. If he is giving 100% and we finish 3rd and win the Scottish cup I would not be bothered in the slightest. 

I don't think we will accept anything less of 500k what will £100k to do us nothing really If we don't get the 500k they want then he will be with us till then end I think. 

Bazzas right boot

The biggest reason I wouldn't play him is because it's a kick in the Bawz for Moore who we will Likley be relying on soon. 

I'm sure Bob has had a word with him, but it can't make him feel great unless there are politics at play. 

It will effect the team as well if it goes on the rest of the season, more so if we play poor or go a goal down. 

However, it was a strong message to Rangers that  we will play him, we will cup tie him so if you want him in January- pay up *****! 

Big set of bawz on Bob as well, but Tbh the rabids that are in the huff are probably the group on Bobs back 24/7 anyway so nothing to lose for him. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Be patient, he’s obviously run off his feet being DoF at Brechin 🤣

He's a gobshite will do anything to be the center of attention just a sad man. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah you're right but I don't think Rangers will pay that sort of money for him now. They will get him on a free in the summer they also might think they have enough at Ibrox now to get the title over the line and will happily wait until the summer for him, Which means he will be playing for us every week. If he is giving 100% and we finish 3rd and win the Scottish cup I would not be bothered in the slightest. 

I don't think we will accept anything less of 500k what will £100k to do us nothing really If we don't get the 500k they want then he will be with us till then end I think. 

Sounds ok but would you trust him in a final against them, if he makes the same mistakes he did the last time we played them RN will get it in the neck. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He's a gobshite will do anything to be the center of attention just a sad man. 

Agreed

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Sounds ok but would you trust him in a final against them, if he makes the same mistakes he did the last time we played them RN will get it in the neck. 

Yeah 100% agree with that. Would then be in a shit position drop him and we get beat folk would be saying he should play, Play him and get beat folk will be saying he should of been dropped. 

The only real benefit we have is Rangers don't make cup finals  😂

Virtue signalling Hearts fans clapping a Rangers player is one of the craziest things I've witnessed at Tynie over the years. And believe me, over 40 odd years, that's some going!

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I must confess it's not fairly obvious to me, in fact it makes almost no sense to me whatsoever. Clapping nothing in order to negate a different concept wouldn't be the first thing that springs to my mind as an action someone would be taking I'll be honest.

As I said previously though, anyone bothered by anything about this needs to get a life. It's all just a bit of fun, and whilst I don't agree with it and find it odd I can at least nearly get my head around why someone would applaud Souttar if they were a big fan of his (or Rangers). Clapping nothing and nobody I can't get my head around. People are perfectly entitled to do it though.

Ok, I'll try again. :lol: How do you counteract booing if you don't agree with it? You can't boo, because that just sounds like more booing. So they do the opposite of booing, i.e. clapping. It just makes the point that they object to the booing, not that they love JS, or they love the fact that he's going to one of our rivals. I suppose they could have done some cheering, but that might have been taking it too far!

I agree with you though, hate what's happened, but you can't get that worked up. Not that devastated about JS leaving in any case - I remember being distraught as a youngster when Bannon was sold, or even Ralph Callachan (!) before that - and that wasn't even to a direct rival.

When I watched the game on Hearts TV last night, as with what sounded like around 97% of the crowd, I neither booed nor clapped. I just found myself smiling at the panto. The pre-contract rules need addressing though, this kind of farce should be avoided.

Well, I was feeling sad and feeling blue
I didn’t know what in the world I wus gonna do
Them Huns they was coming around
They was in the air
They was on the ground
They wouldn’t give me no peace

Well, I quit my job so I could investigate Huns all alone
Then I changed my name to Sherlock Holmes
Followed some clues from my detective bag

I started booing Cammy Devlin since I discovered that there is a union jack in the Australian flag.

Now Craig Gordon, he's a hun spy. Neilson, Beni and that Ginelly guy.

To my knowledge there is just one young upstart

Who truly is a bonfide Jam Tart

It's John Souttar, I know for a fact he hates huns because Brechin wear maroon. 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Good reply. 

The mentality you speak of is the reality that Hearts do not need to sell due to any financial issues. This makes us robust.

However, only increased revenue year on year will help us pay more and offer more attractive contracts. It's a slow process unless FOH sell to a Sheikh.

I do some amount of belly aching on here so it was a bit off for me to use that term.

Can’t deny that the reality is we need to build, that it takes time and that significantly more money is required but just look at some of the people involved at Hearts right now. Look at what the foundation has achieved. The potential is incredible and it’s there, waiting for someone to take a risk, grab a hold of it and change the status quo for good.

Rangers spent £100 million to get back to winning the league. One half decent season playing champions league football, hell one shite season playing Champions league football with some glamour ties, and it’s all been worth it.

But aside from money they have something that no amount of it can buy anyway and that’s the mentality that only winning is enough. Only being the best is enough. Your first or your last. Your Hearts or your Hibs. Your here for us or you get to ****. I want Hearts to have that mentality and that for me is the bones of this entire fiasco.

Nobody is gambling that money  on Hearts anytime soon, I’ll concede that and so the comparison ends there. But you’ve said your self we don’t need the buttons we’re going to get for souttar anyway. Why not take a cash hit and prove a point to us supporters that they “get it”.

Souttar is free to do what he wants, but show some stones and bench him for having the audacity to get us into such a scenario that our fans are now fighting each other over it. He has single handedly turned Tynie into a toxic cauldron for the wrong ****ing team.  Tell him he can’t leave but he won’t be playing football with us because he’s pissed us off and we don’t take that at Hearts. That’s not the reality, I’m aware, I’d be surprised if it ever is because we’re talking about real people, who know each another and have real relationships with one another. But, for me personally, I would love to see my club stop being so sensible and business minded and respectful and show me that they are so entrenched in this club that common sense and business acumen sometimes get lost in the heat of the moment. I’m personally sick of the stepping stone mentality we foster as a club and as much as I rate souttar and always have, since when did he become this league topping, soon to be cup winning icon that he’s being made out to be? The guys been on the bench for about 1/3 of his time with us and has always had a total calamity moment in him since the day he arrived.

On your last point we’re all just aggressively debating a subject we’re passionate about. Long as nobody is being a condescending, insulting ring piece (not directed at you) it’s all constructive. 👍🏻

That’s me some enough typing for JKB for another 2/3 months, so I’ll be disappearing until the next cluster**** comes out. 

Edited by Squirt

I just sat quiet.  

I don’t like that Souttar is still playing and he’s away Rangers. Not one bit. 

I admittedly felt awkward when he was booed because it was ultimately about the team for me. But people are entitled to do what they want. 

He should be taken out but I know some are quite happy for him to play.  I’m hoping it’s been a pressurising tactic from Hearts to force Rangers to buy him now but I’m not sure we are that clever or even think like that in the boardroom.  

And I certainly think that lot through there won’t want to part with the cash for a player they can get for nowt.  

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah 100% agree with that. Would then be in a shit position drop him and we get beat folk would be saying he should play, Play him and get beat folk will be saying he should of been dropped. 

The only real benefit we have is Rangers don't make cup finals  😂

Yeah it would put RN in a bad position. 
We can only hope GVB has the same record as Slippy 🤞🤣

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Ok, I'll try again. :lol: How do you counteract booing if you don't agree with it? You can't boo, because that just sounds like more booing. So they do the opposite of booing, i.e. clapping. It just makes the point that they object to the booing, not that they love JS, or they love the fact that he's going to one of our rivals. I suppose they could have done some cheering, but that might have been taking it too far!

I agree with you though, hate what's happened, but you can't get that worked up. Not that devastated about JS leaving in any case - I remember being distraught as a youngster when Bannon was sold, or even Ralph Callachan (!) before that - and that wasn't even to a direct rival.

When I watched the game on Hearts TV last night, as with what sounded like around 97% of the crowd, I neither booed nor clapped. I just found myself smiling at the panto. The pre-contract rules need addressing though, this kind of farce should be avoided.

All fair enough, I was the same with Bannon and RC.

The atmosphere was poor last night, considering where we are and even after going two nil up there was very few songs emanating from Section N, just boos. That’s on JS nobody else. 
The happy clappers might’ve been better starting some songs instead. I tried but as loud as I am i was fighting a losing battle. That can’t be allowed to happen for the rest of the season. 

jambo-in-furness

I thought last nights fans showing of disapproval then approval shown toward Souttar  was all very pantomime-ish.

very childish and slightly embarrassing imo 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sum31uk said:

Toxic caldron is massively exaggerating it. Bit of panto-banter, that’s all. BOOOOOOOO

I said we needed Liam Craig to come on to give us another pantomime dame to slag 😆

14 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

👍👍

Yeh it's a tricky one, personally I'd have just done neither I think, albeit a good boo when his name was read out, just for the panto! 

It's nothing personal against John and I wish him no ill though.

When I was younger I'd have been heartbroken about something like this. As an adult I like to think people have some perspective on football but this thread suggests I may be wrong on that too.

Listening to the game on Hearts TV last night I think it definitely had an impact on the atmosphere which was a bit flat - I know we were playing the bottom side but I thought there might have been more noise for the first game back.