Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Will be their next Tuesday to do as i see fit seal boy.

Are you 5? Seal Boy WTF, sums up a section of our support TBH

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

🤣

Will be a lonely walk home on Tuesday.

jZ5YnT.gif

She turned the weans against us 😂😂😂Souttar will have to get used to this kind of behaviour when driving through govan. 

Edited by GinRummy

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

The problem is a lot of the boo-ers were loving the fun they were having. A bunch near me were excited waiting for his first touch so they could boo. 

Do you think they had been planning it at school all day?

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s a Hearts player as long as he pulls on a maroon shirt and is contracted to us which he is.  I neither booed nor clapped him, I thought both were cringey.  

I don't think it was cringey to clap Souttar when he made a decent tackle or pass. Just like any other player.

4 minutes ago, lou said:

Struggling to understand why anyone booed or why anyone clapped

Ended up a bit of a pantomime. 

Boo clap clap boo. 

Quite funny really and on a school night too. 😂

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you think they had been planning it at school all day?

Sadly all grown men including several who could be classed as middle aged if I was being charitable. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Think tonight was bad just wait until Auchinleck on Saturday.

That's my fears. Tonight was never going to be the problem. He had a decent game I thought. But three or four weeks down the line if he hasn't moved and performances tail off?.....

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I neither clapped or booed but I'd be gutted if he's still here and he gets booed at Easter Road. 

I think the point has been made. 

I hope he plays at Easter Road and helps us to another win and clean sheet.  Unless Rangers cough up the £500k which is probably the best outcome. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The problem is a lot of the boo-ers were loving the fun they were having. A bunch near me were excited waiting for his first touch so they could boo. 

Got to find something fun to do after your mum's said no more TV today.

applause-anxious.gif

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Booing him was pathetic, clapping him even worse. Get him out of the club - he's an arse and a distraction.

The clapping was obviously just a protest against the booing. And it worked. 

He didn't seem to be much of a distraction tonight where it matters ,,, on the pitch.

Dagger Is Back
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Booed him when his name was read out on the team sheet and as he left the pitch, I think that sufficed, for me anyway. Still can’t wait to see him leave. 
Nor celebrating the first goal with his soon to be ex teammates was a bit weird. 

I’m pretty sure he celebrated as much as CG did. He applauded from near enough the half way line for both goals and then made his way forward.

WheatfieldWarrior
16 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I neither clapped or booed but I'd be gutted if he's still here and he gets booed at Easter Road. 

I think the point has been made. 

Hibs fans will cheer every kick.  All 6k of them.  Right up until they concede.

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’m pretty sure he celebrated as much as CG did. He applauded from near enough the half way line for both goals and then made his way forward.

I think the booing would have gradually stopped in the second half if it wasn’t for the non celebration at the first goal

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, pablo said:

That's my fears. Tonight was never going to be the problem. He had a decent game I thought. But three or four weeks down the line if he hasn't moved and performances tail off?.....

Then he's benched. If we get the fee we want he'll be off but why would we give a rival club a good player mid season pretty much for nothing?

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think the booing would have gradually stopped in the second half if it wasn’t for the non celebration at the first goal

So instead of celebrating the goal the boo boys were focusing on Soutters reaction to it. Figures.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If your first thought after a goal of that quality is to think about what John Souttar is doing or not doing there's a problem.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Every other player piled forward to celebrate apart from him, both times he meandered forward after a bit of abuse. 
He is going to struggle next season if he can’t deal with Chris Kane 😆
Time for him to ****off west with his tail between his legs. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If your first thought after a goal of that quality is to think about what John Souttar is doing or not doing there's a problem.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So instead of celebrating the goal the boo boys were focusing on Soutters reaction to it. Figures.

Was in wheatfield f so he was on my line of sight. Even the people not booing were pretty pissed off about this

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It was pretty obvious as from where I sit/stand in P he was in line with celebrations. Personally couldn’t help notice the only Maroon jersey not celebrating. 

Bazzas right boot

Some folk are really over thinking things regarding Souttar. 

Given the posters involved, overthinking isn't recommended. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Every other player piled forward to celebrate apart from him, both times he meandered forward after a bit of abuse. 

What sort of fee are you looking for? What would be acceptable?

Edited by Riccarton3

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But if he’d piled forward to celebrate some would say he was being disrespectful by rubbing the fans noses in it by ignoring them. It’s a lose all round on here. 

Dagger Is Back

The crux of the matter here is folks looking for any reason to give him a doing.

Not celebrating a goal when he clearly did. Fans cheering a poor shot and a booking, fans turning up salivating at the producer of him making a mistake.

I get the anger but FFS

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Hibs fans will cheer every kick.  All 6k of them.  Right up until they concede.

Yes it's going to get weird. Ether Rangers will cough up and he'll go or he'll stay and play if picked. Either way, repeatedly booing our own players won't help anyone except the opposing teams. It's done, you've got it off your chests, boo the opposition now please.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Next 2 weeks is key. Fab player but hope he goes to the huns really soon- need to move on. Would hate it if it became like a pantomime. Does emphasise that these type of contacts should be banned if in same league 

Here's a game for the booers. 

Let's call it the wake up to the reality of life game.

Name the players at Hearts who would NOT accept a 4 year contract with rangers that was worth 500% of their current salary if it was the only viable option outside re-signing on same terms.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

What sort of fee are you looking for? What would be acceptable?

100k and save the same on his wages, we need to move on and this thread can be closed.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a Hearts player booed from start to finish. 

Guest ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

But if he’d piled forward to celebrate some would say he was being disrespectful by rubbing the fans noses in it by ignoring them. It’s a lose all round on here. 

I'll boo when he whips off his shirt to reveal a tattoo of the Queen and runs round the pitch singing the Sash. And not a moment before. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

100k and save the same on his wages, we need to move on and this thread can be closed.

Well 100k isn't going to do it.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

Here's a game for the booers. 

Let's call it the wake up to the reality of life game.

Name the players at Hearts who would NOT accept a 4 year contract with rangers that was worth 500% of their current salary if it was the only viable option outside re-signing on same terms.

Craig Gordon 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

**** that. £500k-750k or do one. Why would we let Rangers off the hook like that? Maybe we should throw in Beni as well to be extra nice?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Well 100k isn't going to do it.

So we keep him and this thread goes on until the summer? 
The atmosphere was poor tonight, hardly any singing, the away fans made more noise.  
It needs to be sorted. 

I can see why we played him. Game of cat and mouse with the huns. Showed we will still play him even whilst getting abused. Won’t accept a paltry offer. After their result tonight they could do with him sooner rather than later

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

**** that. £500k-750k or do one. Why would we let Rangers off the hook like that? Maybe we should throw in Beni as well to be extra nice?

They’re not paying that kind of money, we need to move on and play guys committed to the club.

35 minutes ago, lou said:

Struggling to understand why anyone booed or why anyone clapped

People who boo’d are not proper “fans”

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

Ok. Craig Gordon, GMS... that's two.

Next...

You said players, that’s players. Boyce probably wouldn’t go there either. But if anyone did they would do it with more class than Souttar has. 

Fozzyonthefence
32 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I don't think it was cringey to clap Souttar when he made a decent tackle or pass. Just like any other player.

I was meaning every time he received a pass before even touching it.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The atmosphere was poor tonight, hardly any singing, the away fans made more noise.  
It needs to be sorted. 

Looking for 500k from a team who need CL money and just had their lead cut to 4

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It needs to be sorted. 

That is not exactly a new phenomenon.

Brick Tamland

Serious question for the applauders. 
If the club involved in exactly the same scenario as this was H1b5 and not Sevco would you still applaud Souttar? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Looking for 500k from a team who need CL money and just had their lead cut to 4

They do need the CL money, what they don’t need is someone who can’t handle Chris Kane never mind play in the CL 😆

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re not paying that kind of money, we need to move on and play guys committed to the club.

That's not our problem. Souttar proved today he can and will play. If his form drops, he'll be dropped which would happen whether he's staying or not.

What reason has he got to ease off though? He'd piss off his friends at the cub, he'd look unprofessional, it might sow some seeds of doubt in the mind of his manager for next season (remember they're not paying much if any money for him so he's easily dropped) and he could lose his Scotland place.