Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I’d personally keep him this month,don’t play him and send a fat,unfit John Souttar to ibrox in summer! Not interested in the pennies they’ll offer. As for booing,if fans want to do that that’s their prerogative,I would boo his touches and support the rest of the team but it’s everyone’s individual choice and if you don’t want to then don’t. It doesn’t however make you a better,Uber fan

If his head's not in it and someone like Moore comes in and does well that could happen. That's the risk he and Rangers are taking here. His weight seems to fluctuate. Either way, if he plays well he'll be in the team - who cares as we're playing well? If he plays badly he'll be replaced which is what people want anyhow and Rangers will need to work to get him up to speed again. He'll also risk his place for Scotland.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Canscot said:

If he goes now ,or soon, he will only be a bit part player at Ibrox anyway unless Goldson goes. He is a next year player for them. 

Or cover if Goldson is not available from injury or suspension. Rangers priority is the league and there must be some value for them in getting better quality cover. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Or cover if Goldson is not available from injury or suspension. Rangers priority is the league and there must be some value for them in getting better quality cover. 

Of course to all of that. Point being if Goldson is there and available Souttar will be on the bench only. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I’d personally keep him this month,don’t play him and send a fat,unfit John Souttar to ibrox in summer! Not interested in the pennies they’ll offer. As for booing,if fans want to do that that’s their prerogative,I would boo his touches and support the rest of the team but it’s everyone’s individual choice and if you don’t want to then don’t. It doesn’t however make you a better,Uber fan

It would be up to Souttar whether he was fat and unfit. If he was not interested in being fit for his new club having got an improved contract  perhaps we are better off without him.

2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Of course to all of that. Point being if Goldson is there and available Souttar will be on the bench only. 

Your point = They are weakening our sqaud intentionaly, not cherry picking our talent to bolster theirs. Someone has said that we need to outlaw mid season transfers between same league clubs..

Edited by Factuer Moi

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Canscot said:

But as of now I am suggesting Rangers have an incentive to get him now. We will find out how big an incentive in due course.

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If he is contracted to 30th June as someone suggested, that’s more than 22 weeks wages to pay.  Even at only £5k per week that’s well over £100k to pay him.  So we save that plus whatever fee we get.  You have to counter that with his worth to us of helping secure 3rd place which could be a lot more.  But we might do that without him. 

It’s all about doing what is least bad for Hearts.

Don't think he's on 5K is he ?

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But as of now I am suggesting Rangers have an incentive to get him now. We will find out how big an incentive in due course.

Not disagreeing with you but without really knowing the ins and outs of their squad (me that is) I would hope that they have cover already but that JS would be an upgrade on that guy?  Could be totally out to lunch though😂

Still here then.    Shame.   Should have announced his PCA after the Celtic game.    Not before.    Clear agenda though.   Trying to get him cheap.   Neither party, except Hearts, care.    GTF. 

wentworth jambo
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

That is rubbish! Show me where Levein made that comment!

Nobody made an offer for Levein due to his injuries and that’s why he stayed at Hearts. If a big offer had come in he would be off like a shot - just like when Leicester appeared when he was Manager! 

Maybe should speak nicely to people and ask questions than tell them they're talking rubbish without knowing what you're talking about. Levein has been a close family friend of my sister's in laws for nigh on 30 years and still regularly plays golf with my brother in law. his first injury was late 86 and he was pretty much out until the late 87. Early 88 he got offered the chance to speak to old Sevco re a potential transfer and turned it down because he felt he owed the club for seeing him through the previous year. I agree his 2nd injury in 89 definitely put off any suitors after that. You can say a lot of things about Levein but you cannot say he doesn't have Hearts in his heart.

A_A wehatethehibs

In all likelihood Moore will be starting in the immediate term. For John to get back in the team will have to mean either an injury crisis, or Moore does absolutely shite. Moore is a £1.5m Championship CB so I just don’t see him being any significant downgrade on John at all. Get him bedded into our starting 11 and there’s absolutely zero circus. John just gets relegated to the squaddie role for the benefit of the team. Good preparation for his move as that’s what he’ll be at Rangers for the upcoming 4 years. Bit part player. If he’s the standard of the Rangers starting 11 it will be 4 titles in a row for Celtic that’s for sure. 

The price is what it is. Rangers can either pay it or they can leave their new player here. There’s no real negotiating to be done.

So it all boils down to the question, do Rangers care about the player, and want him to be an important player in their team this season?

If that’s the case then pay they will.

Or are they not bothered about him?

In that case he goes on a free at the end of the season. There’s no negotiation, it’s a binary choice the ball is entirely in Rangers court. 

37 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Nothing stopping Souttar inserting a confidentiality clause in the precontract then only announcing his decision after the season is completed, only reason for the announcement being made now was to try and force a move this window and not in the summer. 

I don't know if such a clause is possible but I think that would make matters worse, giving Souttar an incentive not to try against Rangers, whilst nobody knows the real reason.

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In all likelihood Moore will be starting in the immediate term. For John to get back in the team will have to mean either an injury crisis, or Moore does absolutely shite. Moore is a £1.5m Championship CB so I just don’t see him being any significant downgrade on John at all. Get him bedded into our starting 11 and there’s absolutely zero circus. John just gets relegated to the squaddie role for the benefit of the team. Good preparation for his move as that’s what he’ll be at Rangers for the upcoming 4 years. Bit part player. If he’s the standard of the Rangers starting 11 it will be 4 titles in a row for Celtic that’s for sure. 

The price is what it is. Rangers can either pay it or they can leave their new player here. There’s no real negotiating to be done.

So it all boils down to the question, do Rangers care about the player, and want him to be an important player in their team this season?

If that’s the case then pay they will.

Or are they not bothered about him?

In that case he goes on a free at the end of the season. There’s no negotiation, it’s a binary choice the ball is entirely in Rangers court. 

How would it feel to be John, Rangers don't pay us and he sits it out because they don't need him. Stinks even more. Why would anyone want to go to a club that leaves you to swet it out for months. Something in this is not right, they must be involved in a cash transfer right now. Only those involved know, i am sure John will be one of them then it is Us.

9 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I don't know if such a clause is possible but I think that would make matters worse, giving Souttar an incentive not to try against Rangers, whilst nobody knows the real reason.

He knew about the release clause available to him should he have signed a new contract with us! Should never play for the Famous again.

If people are booing Souttar, they are indirectly booing Hearts

if fans boo tonight and Hearts lose, I can guarantee the glasgow based media will rip the pish in the press radio and tv

Souttar is leaving, nothing we can do about it now, let’s rise above this and back the team, Hearts have lost far better players than John Souttar and will lose more in the future, let’s not kill what’s been a decent season so far, by negative vibes from the stand, because that negativity will transfer to the park

9 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

How would it feel to be John, Rangers don't pay us and he sits it out because they don't need him. Stinks even more. Why would anyone want to go to a club that leaves you to swet it out for months. Something in this is not right, they must be involved in a cash transfer right now. Only those involved know, i am sure John will be one of them then it is Us.

They don't want him but don't want any other team to. 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Anyone booing Souttar is effectively booing the team.  Didn’t our captain say as much?

During the game I mean. 

Wtf is going on, I’m agreeing with Toque Jambo today!😳

Booing you is like booing JKB

I don't think so. 

56 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Nothing stopping Souttar inserting a confidentiality clause in the precontract then only announcing his decision after the season is completed, only reason for the announcement being made now was to try and force a move this window and not in the summer. 

Many would/have argue that JS moving now is the best outcome

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We could get big cards with boo written on them and only hold them up if Souttar looks in your direction. 

6CCE6182-CB72-47DF-B584-1DFF70AA6D39.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Canscot said:

If he goes now ,or soon, he will only be a bit part player at Ibrox anyway unless Goldson goes. He is a next year player for them. 

If Goldson stays he is of limited value to them now, if Goldson goes he could be critical to them now.

Goldson is the key to the negotiation here; no sense letting JS go early and on the cheap - that'll just leave all the cards with the tribute band and allow them to maximize their return on CG. From what I gather our downside is 6 months wages@ 3.1k - 20 grand.

Edited by Japan Jambo

Francis Albert
43 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

If they have an interest in settling the issue and know our price, they would then come back with a price . That is what i am getting at . i suspect they will sit it out and get him for nowt

They know our price. We don't know theirs.

Your conclusion may be right but doesn't make a case for chasing them down to nearer zero while they wait to see how low we will go 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We could get big cards with boo written on them and only hold them up if Souttar looks in your direction. 

Love it, what about a big picture of yourself sticking your tongue out as well.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

They know our price. We don't know theirs.

Your conclusion may be right but doesn't make a case for chasing them down to nearer zero while they wait to see how low we will go 

I see what you are stating , i didn't say we should wait... I'm making the most out of the hollywood projector in my mind on this. Probably time to close the curtains, leaving the blinds open though.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Can’t believe their hasn’t been discussions between Souttars agent, Rangers & Hearts about the position he would be in if he signed PCA. Got to think it’s just haggling about money to release him this month as 6 months without first team football is not going to do anyone favours

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Booing you is like booing JKB

I don't think so. 

Rubbish, no logic in that at all. Boo a player constantly for 90 minutes will create a horrible atmosphere and have a negative impact on the whole team.  

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Rubbish, no logic in that at all. Boo a player constantly for 90 minutes will create a horrible atmosphere and have a negative impact on the whole team.  

Signing a pre contract with a rival in the same league creates a horrible atmosphere and have a negative impact on the whole team.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Signing a pre contract with a rival in the same league creates a horrible atmosphere and have a negative impact on the whole team.

Surely it is the booing that might create a horrible atmosphere. Not seen anything to suggest the squad is outraged ... the contrary if anything. The priority is to win tonight and I really can't get how abusing a Hearts player will help achieve that. 

Francis Albert

And it is a couple of decades and more  since we were close to being a rival of Rangers in any meaningful sense. Souttar was never going to change that.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Surely it is the booing that might create a horrible atmosphere. Not seen anything to suggest the squad is outraged ... the contrary if anything. The priority is to win tonight and I really can't get how abusing a Hearts player will help achieve that. 

The squad is hardly going to come out and start ripping into Souttar will he's still a Hearts player :laugh:

We'll perhaps see some of the squad's feelings on it all when Souttar finally lines up against us.

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Only if you’re childish and petty.  His captain doesn’t seem to have a problem with him.  Not saying I’m happy with him by the way but some of the over the top reactions on here are embarrassing.  Signing a pre contract has been a part of football for years, it’s nothing new.  You’d think we’re the only club that’s ever been shat on. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Agree. 

I’m sure the small matter of Souttar playing for Scotland in the forthcoming key internationals in March must have been discussed with Rangers when agreeing his deal. If Hearts don’t play him he has No chance of being in the team -I think Rangers will cough up a reasonable amount of cash but probably nearer the end of the window

Francis Albert
Just now, kila said:

The squad is hardly going to come out and start ripping into Souttar will he's still a Hearts player :laugh:

We'll perhaps see some of the squad's feelings on it all when Souttar finally lines up against us.

Well at least the squad have more sense than many on here. 

With an hour till kick off maybe the match thread might take precedence eventually over this interminable nonsense.

28 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

If Goldson stays he is of limited value to them now, if Goldson goes he could be critical to them now.

Goldson is the key to the negotiation here; no sense letting JS go early and on the cheap - that'll just leave all the cards with the tribute band and allow them to maximize their return on CG. From what I gather our downside is 6 months wages@ 3.1k - 20 grand.

Think he is more likely on 3.1k/week so more like 75k.   But point taken. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, kila said:

What? They will boo him?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Well at least the squad have more sense than many on here. 

With an hour till kick off maybe the match thread might take precedence eventually over this interminable nonsense.

image.png.dc91b79bc45e0ac5bd23ace02ec49f74.pngimage.png.d1b8d7aed83403c226316ac97d9f95d4.png

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course it is negotiable. But we have named our fee. The next step is with Rangers. Or do we just drop our price until Rangers accept it. That is not a negotiation. A Dutch auction I think it is called.

With Rangers, surely it's an orange auction? 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hope this goes well tonight - I mean what could go wrong…..

Either way you're in for a treat. 

You Can pretend to enjoy the success led by Bob or go mental on the team selection after a bad result.